TLG Discussion 2022

cosors

πŸ‘€
Germany is currently negotiating with Australia on green hydrogen.

Reactions: 3 users

cosors

πŸ‘€
I would love to do that πŸŒ»β€οΈβ€πŸ”₯πŸ’₯
I have already dealt with some here. Unfortunately, they never exceed their own pool of opinions 🀦
But better other topic...

WoW‼️ You are on the spot! What are you doing there?
Two or three years ago my dream was to visit Lulea and visit the then newly established Aussi BBQ House. I admit to being assimilated piece by piece by your food and drink culture πŸ˜…
So, now that I know you are there, I have to think first. Luckily it's the weekend! Whether I really go up times and what kind of detail questions I have. I have to concentrate πŸ€”πŸ€”...πŸ€”

I am excited, you are there - WoW!

___
I have saved your photo. Am quite excited. But now I have to start thinking.
___
Stay until the 31st then you can explain to them that they are fighting for more greenhouse gases and pollution when they are fighting against it.
Calm cosors, it's the weekend, calm down, chill pill and a beer 🍺🍺

___
Maybe you could ask who breaks the ore and concentrates and where?
___
And what the second ship is called 🀣
And maybe a photo through the windows at Swerim around the corner. Maybe there are breadcrumbs lying around 🧐
And you could ask if Talga is working with NV. If I remember correctly one of the Talga team is from NV. He should know.
___
Actually, you're right I should travel up to the 31st, I love the winter anyway because I can sit so cozy by the fireplace. How do I get my work negated or ignored πŸ€”πŸ˜…
I could really talk to them with Swedish interpreter. I can be very stubborn. The reality must be to get in their heads πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ”¨
😊
These are the ones I mean, among others.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1454936734890940/
A group generally against mines. I would love to take away any product that originates in a mine and that could be mined in a more environmentally friendly way. They would be naked. And then?!

catdog

Of course you can ❀️‍πŸ”₯ Everyone has his focus. I am totally one sided. You don't want to know about my abysses πŸ˜Άβ€πŸŒ«οΈ But I have a partial back-up in our group in case I make a mistake : )

I wonder if catdog is the Foxdog in the BRN group πŸ˜…
There is only one Catdog ;)

I have posted bout this on hotcrapper a few times. There were some documents outlining Northvolt's anode copper foil coating process and they mentioned they relied on an upstream supplier for active anode matierial.

Northvolt have acquired Cuberg who are working on a lithium metal anode but I don't believe it's commercialy viable at this stage and they are still relying on graphite anode for their current cells.

I also haven't seen anything to suggest Northvolt have in house graphite anode production capability.

On their website they talk about producing active cathode material but nothing about active anode material.

1674894782455.png

They also have a current job posting for an anode engineer with the following:

1674894984243.png

So I assume they are relying on suppliers for active anode materials, as well as testing of those materials. Which we know Talga have said they are doing for customers.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I would love to do that πŸŒ»β€οΈβ€πŸ”₯πŸ’₯
I have already dealt with some here. Unfortunately, they never exceed their own pool of opinions 🀦
But better other topic...

WoW‼️ You are on the spot! What are you doing there?
Two or three years ago my dream was to visit Lulea and visit the then newly established Aussi BBQ House. I admit to being assimilated piece by piece by your food and drink culture πŸ˜…
So, now that I know you are there, I have to think first. Luckily it's the weekend! Whether I really go up times and what kind of detail questions I have. I have to concentrate πŸ€”πŸ€”...πŸ€”

I am excited, you are there - WoW!

___
I have saved your photo. Am quite excited. But now I have to start thinking.
___
Stay until the 31st then you can explain to them that they are fighting for more greenhouse gases and pollution when they are fighting against it.
Calm cosors, it's the weekend, calm down, chill pill and a beer 🍺🍺

___
Maybe you could ask who breaks the ore and concentrates and where?
___
And what the second ship is called 🀣
And maybe a photo through the windows at Swerim around the corner. Maybe there are breadcrumbs lying around 🧐
And you could ask if Talga is working with NV. If I remember correctly one of the Talga team is from NV. He should know.
___
Actually, you're right I should travel up to the 31st, I love the winter anyway because I can sit so cozy by the fireplace. How do I get my work negated or ignored πŸ€”πŸ˜…
I could really talk to them with Swedish interpreter. I can be very stubborn. The reality must be to get in their heads πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ”¨
😊

"Maybe you could ask who breaks the ore and concentrates and where?"

I just explained that you need a giant roll of sticky tape ...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

cosors

πŸ‘€
"Maybe you could ask who breaks the ore and concentrates and where?"

I just explained that you need a giant roll of sticky tape ...
After reading WheresTheMonkeys article I wonder whether the crushed material is still being transported to Belgium for purification.
This seems to be not the right sticker...
Then please enlighten me.
Where the broken ore is now stored I have found out myself from an document of the district administration Kiruna. I am not interested in where it took place, but where it is taking place now. Maybe I have missed something. Please find me the appropriate sticker πŸ˜… I am curious!

Last edited:

cosors

πŸ‘€
There is only one Catdog ;)

I have posted bout this on hotcrapper a few times. There were some documents outlining Northvolt's anode copper foil coating process and they mentioned they relied on an upstream supplier for active anode matierial.

Northvolt have acquired Cuberg who are working on a lithium metal anode but I don't believe it's commercialy viable at this stage and they are still relying on graphite anode for their current cells.

I also haven't seen anything to suggest Northvolt have in house graphite anode production capability.

On their website they talk about producing active cathode material but nothing about active anode material.

View attachment 28105

View attachment 28106

So I assume they are relying on suppliers for active anode materials, as well as testing of those materials. Which we know Talga have said they are doing for customers.

View attachment 28106

Maybe this could be from interest for you or others:
https://www.nexi.go.jp/environment/info/pdf/18-028_EIA2.pdf
search for "anod" "grafit" oder "tillstand"

Semmel

Regular
@cosors I know there will be at least one Aussie in town to counter these so called NIMBY'S.

PS: Jump on a weekend sleeper train and it's my shout! Cheers 🍺
View attachment 28069

Cool to see someone from the community around :) are you there on a vacation or specifically for Talga? Also, will you be in the court when it starts tomorrow? It's probably in swedish, which would make it a rather boring process for most of us. Any idea if we get any information from the hearing in general?

Reactions: 1 users

DAH

Regular
Cool to see someone from the community around :) are you there on a vacation or specifically for Talga? Also, will you be in the court when it starts tomorrow? It's probably in swedish, which would make it a rather boring process for most of us. Any idea if we get any information from the hearing in general?
Hi @Semmel and @cosors, my wife, young girls and I are on a bit of a GAP year of Europe. There's still part time work and schooling going on whilst we travel around. We are visiting friends in Stockholm and thought to chase the Northern Lights for the girls and why not base in LuleΓ₯ πŸ˜‰

I'll attend the permit hearing kick off Tuesday but my Swedish is very rusty at best so wont understand much. Having held for a long time I thought it'd be nice to simply be there when such a pivotal piece of the journey is addressed. 100% confident of the verdict (sorry to jinx us!).

Cosors I think the tipping point has well and truly passed for these naysayers, but they can try make some noise. I don't anticipate getting time for much DD but I'll be sure to share anything of interest I stumble upon.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

Semmel

Regular
Thx DAH in the name of all of us! :) Doing all this trip with family attached is a giant hurdle and i can't thank you enough for you to do this and on top of it share your experience with us num nuts on the internet :)

Reactions: 5 users

TentCity

Regular
Thanks @DAH - awesome way to combine a family holiday with investing!

Look forward to any updates and pictures if possible you can share.

Hopefully Greta and her posse don’t turn up to stage another fake arrest like in Germany recently at the coal mine!

cosors

πŸ‘€
Hi @Semmel and @cosors, my wife, young girls and I are on a bit of a GAP year of Europe. There's still part time work and schooling going on whilst we travel around. We are visiting friends in Stockholm and thought to chase the Northern Lights for the girls and why not base in LuleΓ₯ πŸ˜‰

I'll attend the permit hearing kick off Tuesday but my Swedish is very rusty at best so wont understand much. Having held for a long time I thought it'd be nice to simply be there when such a pivotal piece of the journey is addressed. 100% confident of the verdict (sorry to jinx us!).

Cosors I think the tipping point has well and truly passed for these naysayers, but they can try make some noise. I don't anticipate getting time for much DD but I'll be sure to share anything of interest I stumble upon.
I'll attend the permit hearing kick off Tuesday but my Swedish is very rusty at best so wont understand much. Having held for a long time I thought it'd be nice to simply be there when such a pivotal piece of the journey is addressed.
I am happy for you and your family!
You have done it perfectly. There is something for all of you and even double for yourself.

Cross out all the questions from me even those in my head except for one.
You go to the hearing and you are absolutely right it is very nice to be with them for this pivotal piece of the journey and it is certainly interesting for the other Aussis up there to see a new face of their countrymen.
Maybe there will be a chance for a little chat.
Keep my question in mind: When will the verdict be announced? It is a trial and several sessions. Will the verdict come on the last day or sometime later after the debriefing? Maybe you can address the question to one of your compatriots for us. I have not been able to find a statement anywhere about when we can expect that.
But maybe they will announce the further procedure and the date on the last day in February. But maybe they will present an agenda right at the beginning with which the process can be seen transparently.
I keep my fingers crossed for all of us and the world climate.
Enjoy your trip and have much fun with your family and thank you again for thinking of us!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

πŸ‘€
I can imagine that the upgrade will have to wait a little. For now, full focus on NS. Those who are against it are deeply disappointed that it is only about NS. Calm down for the negotiation and discuss what it is all about. I would at least not like it if anything is published during the hearing, could be understood as pouring oil on the fire. Just my thought.

Reactions: 4 users

DAH

Regular
Thanks @DAH - awesome way to combine a family holiday with investing!

Look forward to any updates and pictures if possible you can share.

Hopefully Greta and her posse don’t turn up to stage another fake arrest like in Germany recently at the coal mine!
Cheers @TentCity - I've spent many years in the TLG cells so kind of living the dream ATM with how it's all positioned and being fortunate to be on the ground for permits hearing.

Here's hoping Greta doesn't get out of bed for a measly 100k of ore pa. Pick and choose your battles right.

• Love

DAH

Regular
I am happy for you and your family!
You have done it perfectly. There is something for all of you and even double for yourself.

Cross out all the questions from me even those in my head except for one.
You go to the hearing and you are absolutely right it is very nice to be with them for this pivotal piece of the journey and it is certainly interesting for the other Aussis up there to see a new face of their countrymen.
Maybe there will be a chance for a little chat.
Keep my question in mind: When will the verdict be announced? It is a trial and several sessions. Will the verdict come on the last day or sometime later after the debriefing? Maybe you can address the question to one of your compatriots for us. I have not been able to find a statement anywhere about when we can expect that.
But maybe they will announce the further procedure and the date on the last day in February. But maybe they will present an agenda right at the beginning with which the process can be seen transparently.
I keep my fingers crossed for all of us and the world climate.
Enjoy your trip and have much fun with your family and thank you again for thinking of us!
Thanks @cosors. I have the same query and that's what I'd like clarified but not expecting a definitive answer.

I feel like MT (during last quarterly webinar) hinted at a delay on the decision I.e., it won't immediately follow the hearing completion but I might be wrong there.

There's also the possibility with all that's going on (EU pressure no doubt) that we get an earlier decision, but the Swedes are notoriously slow and thorough on everything so we'll see.

I'll update with anything of relevance.

I've said it before but once more cant hurt (as I don't post often), thanks for all your research and generous contributions to both forums!

Cheers.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Proga

Regular
IMHO
Lol - I care whether the material is extracted in Europe and the anodes are created in Europe or not. We have to win the fight against activists and political groups and generally change our thinking completely if we want to survive an want to archive something for the world climate. The latest example is the UK, where Britishvolt is dying with this complete industry - yeeha Brexit - at last the Lords are showing the rank and file how to deal with Europe πŸ˜‰
In general, deindustrialisation is a key issue for what is happening here. We also have to stand up to the NIMBYs and fight back if we don't want to go under. I know many people don't like to read this, but hey! Open your eyes an look at the whole picture. Take the mining projects or construction projects of the whole automotive industry and others. You always come back to the same groups who stand in the way no matter where you start looking here in Europe. Who is against green technology in Europe that helps the world climate? And I don't just mean our little example. So I do care at all whether NVX or TLG. We have to stand up, not the USA.
πŸ€” Don't they bake their shit for weeks at over 2000C⁰ πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ Exactly! We have enough electricity - you just have to believe in it πŸ˜‰ We should compare ourselves more with Syrah - @Proga is absolutely right.
The argument between natural and synthetic is irrelevant. They can't produce enough of both to meet demand let alone one. The EU will require 1mtpa of both by 2028-2030.

To put things into perspective, TLG plans to build a 19.5kt AAM plant and produce 60kt of AAM from it over 5 years from 2026-2030. I'm assuming by 2030 the plant will be at full production supplying 19.5kt of the +1mt required. 5 years to get to full production seems an excessive amount of time though. When do they intend to expand the plant to reach their goal of 104ktpa?

I think they need to do a larger CR in five months. They're probably trying to do it incrementally hoping the SP will be higher each time to reduce dilution but the downside is shareholders will get sick of having to reach into their pockets all the time. From experience, I know what a pain in the arse it is. Especially if it isn't the only stock you own wanting more.

BritishVolt died because it did not meet its milestones to access the $300m loan on offer (it could have even been higher).

Six minutes of trading and 400,000 shares traded and up $0.06.

Someone is rather excited this morning

happy monkey GIF

Last edited:

Semmel

Regular
Liking it very much :)

Happy Jim Carrey GIF

Tim

Emerged
Long time lurker, gday.

RE the permit decision, I also believe the final decision is due to come approximately 3 weeks after the end of court on Feb 20th. If memory serves me right I don't think this appeared in the ASX release but rather it was a comment from Mark during either the AGM or a webinar around that time. I've seen a few posters on the other forum are expecting a decision on Feb 20th but I don't think that's correct. I am hoping for a decision by the end of Feb but accepting it may be as late as mid March.

And a big thanks to many of you for bringing attention to the macro-environment around these permits. Over the last several months you joined the dots and saw the permitting outcome was far more optimistic than the market was giving Talga credit for. Having this epiphany and confidently buying more while the price was below $1.4 is a great feeling.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

TentCity

Regular
Six minutes of trading and 400,000 shares traded and up $0.06.

Someone is rather excited this morning

happy monkey GIF
Great minds think alike - although I didn’t have a monkey gif to go with my similar post on HC - so you win the internet for the day πŸ˜„

• Haha
Great minds think alike - although I didn’t have a monkey gif to go with my similar post on HC - so you win the internet for the day πŸ˜„
Just checked on Closing

Bloody hell a $0.10 trading range today $1.745 upto $1.84 and a turnover of 1.655Million.

And we finish in the Red................

Office Monkey GIF by Bustle

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom