TLG Discussion 2022

TentCity

Regular
Just checked on Closing

Bloody hell a $0.10 trading range today $1.745 upto $1.84 and a turnover of 1.655Million.

And we finish in the Red................

Office Monkey GIF by Bustle
That will teach us to comment of the volume spike this morning and jinx us!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
I am making this a collective post for today 31.01.2023
-----------------

So dear Talgarians, here we go!
The long journey is in the home stretch. I wish all fellow travellers a good finish. And I note again that a stumble is not an automatic show stopper. In this case new options would open up. And to the entire Talga team, I wish you good nerves and calm, it's all about the cause. You are doing the right thing. Thank you for that!

Unfortunately, I don't understand nearly any word. Maybe one of you understands Swedish:

Hanna Stenegren, Climate and Energy Officer Svemin on Talga's main trial
svemin_tlg.png

https://www.talgagroup.com/sv/huvud...g-vid-nunasvaara-sodra-inleds-den-31-januari/

"Now the future of the disputed graphite mine is being decided​

Published today at 07.05
  • In Luleå, the Land and Environmental Court today begins negotiations on the planned graphite mine between Svappavaara and Vittangi in Kiruna municipality.
  • The mining plans have met with strong opposition from, among other things, Sami villages in the area. A. A.'s chairman in Talma Sami village believes that reindeer herding and mining operations cannot coexist.
  • "That would mean land that we can no longer use," says Talmas Sami village chairman A. A."
https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/idag-borjar-forhandlingarna-om-grafitgruva-nunasvaara

"The mining negotiations are now starting: "The climate perspective must not be forgotten"​

Published today at 07:00
  • On Tuesday, the negotiations will start in the Land and Environmental Court regarding the company Talga's application for graphite mining outside Vittangi.
  • But reindeer husbandry and the environment are harmed by a mine, say those who do not want to see mining in the area.
  • "This is an important project from a climate perspective and it must not be forgotten." says Per-Erik Lindvall at Talga."
https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/nu...arna-klimatperspektivet-far-inte-glommas-bort

"Samebyar's struggle: "An important but difficult match"​

UPDATED TODAY 08:26PUBLISHED TODAY 08:26
During Tuesday, the main negotiation for Talga's mining plans at Nunasvaara south outside Vittangi begins. Green conversion is pitted against the Sami's right to reindeer grazing.
- It is only on Thursday that Sami village representatives get to have their say, important voices and nothing stands above the rights of the indigenous people, underlines lawyer C. W.
The Land and Environmental Court at Umeå district court has called for a main hearing in Luleå. For ten years, the area has been in the sights of the company that now wants to mine graphite outside Vittangi. It is now and four weeks from now that the court will decide whether the company will receive an environmental permit for its planned mining operations, an operation that could affect the Talma Sami village for decades to come.
Graphite ore of 100,000 tons per year for 25 years is what the permit review applies to, graphite that is planned to be used in electric car batteries, so-called battery anodes.
- It will be a tough match but no less an intervention in nature for the affected Sámi, says lawyer C. W., who represents the affected reindeer-herding Sámi in the area.
Protests
Many in Vittangi who are critical of the mine establishment want to be there.
- It is typical, it is kept far from the place where we live, few can take time off from work and go down to Luleå, but there are many of us who do not want to see a mine here, says Hanna Råman in Vittangi, who hopes for clear facts about how the land and the water in the area is affected by the exploitation.
On the company's website, 150 new jobs are promised if the company, together with mining, also operates a factory producing so-called battery anodes.
The Nature Conservation Society for both Sweden and Finland will be on site in Luleå.
Previous criticism
The company's strategy of starting with permits for one area and then expanding as has drawn criticism.
- We would have preferred to see an assessment made for the company's mining plans as a whole, says Wikland, who sees it as a strategic way to get permission. But Per-Erik Lindvall, chairman of the board for Talga, has previously explained his thoughts regarding the exploitation and extraction of graphite:
- It is possible to find technical solutions that create security in that we will not affect the water in any way that is harmful to the environment. The important thing for us is that the court gets to see our documents now and that we are open and transparent to the outside in this, says Per-Erik Lindvall, chairman of the board of Talga, he told SVT Sápmi this summer.
The Land and Environmental Court will decide the matter after a month's hearing."
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/sapmi/talma-samebys-kamp-en-viktig-men-svar-match

1675156201174.png

"Publication date:30 January 2023
Last updated:Monday 30 January, 08.00

Now the main negotiation about Talga AB's application for an environmental permit starts​

On Tuesday, the main proceedings in the Land and Environment Court will begin regarding Talga AB's application for an environmental permit. In the application, the company has requested a permit for mining operations at Nunasvaara Södra in Kiruna municipality.

In May 2020, the company submitted its application for an environmental permit for mining operations, which includes, among other things, mining and beneficiation of graphite ore.
The County Administrative Board has expressed its opinion on the case and believes that the application should be clarified in matters concerning, among other things, how the activity is to be delimited and impact assessed, waste management, after-treatment and financial security. The County Administrative Board believes that the activity can be permitted, but should be associated with conditions for, among other things, the interests of reindeer herding, the impact on water environments and the restoration of the mining area.
The main hearing begins on Tuesday 31 January at 9.30 am and runs until 23 February. The main negotiation takes place at the Quality Hotel in Luleå and the County Administrative Board has representatives on site on all days. The County Administrative Board's role in this case is to bring proceedings in the case to safeguard environmental interests and other public interests."
https://www.lansstyrelsen.se/norrbo...n-om-talga-abs-ansokan-om-miljotillstand.html

"Talma hopes to stop the graphite mine​

UPDATED TODAY 11:58PUBLISHED TODAY 11:56
Talma Samiby is on site before a four-week hearing in the Land and Environmental Court in Luleå.
The case concerns the mining company Talga's application for an environmental permit to open a graphite mine in Njunisvárri outside Vittangi in Norrbotten, on Talma Sami village's reindeer pastures.
Sami village chairman A. A. hopes to emerge victorious from this battle.
- We want to show that a mine and reindeer husbandry do not go together in this area, there will be far too much damage to reindeer husbandry if a mine is opened there. The entire eastern area of our Sámi village will disappear for reindeer grazing, it is below the cultivation limit and our year-round lands, says A. A.
From the Sami village's side, they hope to be able to stop the opening of a mine and lean towards the Sami village being protected by international conventions.
- We have strong and clear rights and it is not just about taking them away, says A. A."
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/sapmi/talma-hoppas-kunna-stoppa-grafitgruvan-pa-samebyns-marker

"Criticism of Talga's application: "Should have been applied for all the mines"​

1675173021012.png

Published today at 2:35 p.m
  • The Nature Conservancy believes that Talga's application for graphite mining should not be taken up in court - and believes that the basis is incomplete.
  • Björn Lundquist, who is vice chairman of the Nature Conservation Association in Norrbotten, is critical of the fact that the negotiation only applies to the area that goes by the name Nunasvaara södra.
  • But Per-Erik Lindvall at Talga believes that it is normal for a mining company to, in parallel with advancing a mining project, also do exploration in the immediate area." https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/kritik-mot-talgas-ansokan-borde-sokt-for-alla-gruvorna

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Proga

Regular
That will teach us to comment of the volume spike this morning and jinx us!
All the lithium and graphite majors got clobbered for whatever reason today. TLG was unfortunate to get caught up in it and was pulled back from it's promising opening. I own both SYR and LTR so it was a rough day.

bandicam 2023-01-31 15-20-28-136.jpg

Diogenese

Top 20
All the lithium and graphite majors got clobbered for whatever reason today. TLG was unfortunate to get caught up in it and was pulled back from it's promising opening. I own both SYR and LTR so it was a rough day.

View attachment 28381
It's stats like that that support the diversification argument.

cosors

👀

Proga

Regular
It's stats like that that support the diversification argument.
Not really Dio. They'll bounce back by weeks end. Most are up 10-20x over the last 2-3 years.

Reactions: 1 users

Proga

Regular

cosors

👀
They seem to have holdings in the top 300 on every major bourse. They own USD$2.3B of BHP. Is this part of their famous national wealth fund where they channel their excess oil and gas revenue?
Yes it is but it is about USD$1,350B right now. Here the ticker: https://www.nbim.no/no/ 👈 the child in the picture finds the fidgeting numbers in the multi-million range very amusing 😅
They own 1.3% of all listed companies in the world. Many therefore use this fund as an index for the global economy. He lost USD$165B last year. I became aware of this because of the message. Now the China Investment Corporation seems to be similar in size. But I can't find a list there.

Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
I don't know if this beautiful old piece has been posted here before. On the home stretch it's worth taking a look back.
Grade is King 🤘
Is there anyone among us who has been with us since an MC of 5.9M?

MT.png

Graphite Projects in Sweden Talga Presentation June 2013​

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Tim

Emerged
It’s uncanny to see the similarities with current presentations, and the investment thesis has moreorless played out exactly as predicted. Impressive forward thinking.

Also interesting to see the SOI was once as low as 55.3m. That is a lot of dilution, may explain Marks relatively small ownership stake? No wonder he is trying so hard to avoid more of it!

TentCity

Regular
It’s uncanny to see the similarities with current presentations, and the investment thesis has moreorless played out exactly as predicted. Impressive forward thinking.

Also interesting to see the SOI was once as low as 55.3m. That is a lot of dilution, may explain Marks relatively small ownership stake? No wonder he is trying so hard to avoid more of it!
Actually MT has done an amazing job keeping the dilution/SOI so low after 10 years of pursuing his vision. Check out how many SOI other mining stocks like SYA, HCH (they’ve since done a 50:1 consolidation), or even RNU as a similar peer in the graphite space have got.

This is one of key things i was attracted to when investing 3+ years ago as he is very careful not to just print shares and dilute himself out of existence. He genuinely had a long term vision for the company and as he said in the Alan Kohler interview “I want dividends”!

I fully intend to hold long term in the hope of dividends, but i just can’t help but get the sense that this strategic asset/project/tech/IP Talga hold will make it a prime takeover target in the future. Based on MT’s track record demonstrating patience, he wont let it go cheap if it does eventuate.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

cosors

👀
Wednesday, February 08, 2023 06:00 CET​
10e7443a-1515-acd1-28dd-feb866ebe68b.png
e319e8f3-6bf8-73b8-d61e-30ed02e896f2.png
Talga Group is pleased to invite you to register for the February 2023 Investor Webinar.

Date: Thursday 16 February
Time: 10.30am AWST / 1:30pm AEDT

What: Talga’s Managing Director Mark Thompson will provide an update on the Company’s Vittangi Anode Project and its recent corporate activities, followed by a Question and Answer (Q&A) session.

Questions can be lodged online during the webinar or submitted ahead of time via email at info@talgagroup.com.

Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Unfortunately, we can't see anything more clearly here. Maybe they get the preformed metal sheets for the batteries from the interested party/customer.
Even though I understand almost nothing from the clip I suspect that it is the usual. But if someone of you understands Swedish, maybe there is something interesting for us? And is it reported in a balanced way or is it just dead and doom again?

TLG.png

https://www.tv4.se/artikel/1RanASIu...ygga-en-ny-grafitgruva-kritiken-smafult-gjort

Semmel

Regular
All i can see is an engineer acting like inspecting a battery, staged for the camera. It's a (from my understanding) typical small battery that is used for testing..

From the environmental report we had years ago, i think I remember that the reindeers never grased on the land that Talga has, they were moving past on tracks near it. But of course, that's a detail better left unsaid if you want a mine cancelled.

Diogenese

Top 20
All i can see is an engineer acting like inspecting a battery, staged for the camera. It's a (from my understanding) typical small battery that is used for testing..

From the environmental report we had years ago, i think I remember that the reindeers never grased on the land that Talga has, they were moving past on tracks near it. But of course, that's a detail better left unsaid if you want a mine cancelled.
Do you mean they are not lichen the grass there?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
I think they could have raised capital at a far more lucrative price if they waited for positive news from the permits hearing.

Not quite the announcement I was hoping for today. The one from Magnis Energy was far more palatable.

Reactions: 4 users

Semmel

Regular
I think they could have raised capital at a far more lucrative price if they waited for positive news from the permits hearing.

Not quite the announcement I was hoping for today. The one from Magnis Energy was far more palatable.

I dont get it either.. lets wait and see what it sais..

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
I’ve been thinking a little more about the timing. Hypothetically, this could be a little subterfuge to stop any positive, or negative, share price manipulation leading into the conclusion of the permits hearing.

Someone out there WILL know the results of the hearing before they are published and could use that to their advantage. It is a lot easier to take all trading out of the equation.

If this capital raise has that intent, then I am actually thankful for it. It will be nice to see a share price actually governed by facts rather than conjecture.

Semmel

Regular
They could just hold for that exact reason without a CR though.

JNRB

Regular
IMO cap raise now is so we can get cracking on accelerating plans for Talnode Si.

Yes price is lower than it could have been, but not worth waiting months more to get moving on such a lucrative new income stream that has such string demand. Get cracking NOW!! But that costs money.

Listen to investor webinar again and how bullish on Talnode Si.

And gotta love this quote:
"....other ways of making silicone anode that would revolutionise the entire world"

That's from MT, who I find is not often one to use hyperbole.

Up to everyone individually to decide. Is cap raise now because we:
1- are scared we might not get permits
2- because we have soooo much more to develop still that while waiting for permits we want to get cracking with it.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom