TLG Discussion 2022

ACinEur

Regular
Interesting read, thanks for sharing…agreed this is positive. I’ll be adding on any weakness around Mitsui not extending or a broader sell off due to the Fed statement coming out of Jackson Hole on Friday.

Reactions: 3 users
First Paragraph

Talnode C has been engineered by the group to deliver significantly improved charging performance. If valued alongside similar battery materials companies, the division would make up a significant proportion of Talga’s market capitalisation in our view.

So are they saying the Tech is worth about the same as the graphite deposit .......................?

Surprise Wow GIF by MOODMAN
Oh My God Reaction GIF
Taylor Negron Wow GIF
Gigi Hadid Reaction GIF
Oh My God Wow GIF by World Chase Tag
Nicolas Cage Wow GIF by IMDb
kate mckinnon wow GIF by Saturday Night Live
Glasses Reaction GIF by Not So Fast Media
Spider Man Wow GIF

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
OK Cosors (I can see you lurking LOL ) and Semmel (in bed still I guess)

What do you think of the article ?

In fact what's everyone's take on the article ?

Last edited:
  • Love

cosors

👀
@WheresTheMonkey I would suggest that you leave this here until Semmel has downloaded all. Then you can delete it again so that there is no trouble. Thanks for the work and paying, I appreciate it very much!

@WheresTheMonkey I would suggest that you leave this here until Semmel has downloaded all. Then you can delete it again so that there is no trouble. Thanks for the work and paying, I appreciate it very much!
Yes our goto tech head nerd needs to evaluate it

I just turned his computer camera on and here he is LOL

Freaks And Geeks Nerd GIF

• Haha

cosors

👀
OK Cosors (I can see you lurking LOL ) and Semmel (in bed still I guess)

What do you think of the article ?
I have downloaded everything and now I have to work. I will read it later. But our expert in these topics is Semmel. I am only the local.) Thanks again!

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
One of the pictures reminded me of the new one at Swerim.
FaWpYYmWIAEIPaJ.jpg

By the way, MT is now on the road again maybe to UK and Germany.
https://twitter.com/dinosaurman

Reactions: 4 users

scep

Major shareholder 'Gaus' at 8.4%. Anybody knows who(m) they represent?

All I can find is a venture capital outfit called Gaus in the Cayman Islands which is the sort of place you park your investment in so no one knows who exactly you are

Semmel

Regular
Monkey, thank you very much for this! Interesting. Most things are known so far, however, some new bits as well:

Cathode additives increase energy density:
We know already that Talga develops additives, like additives for the cathode that increase the conductivity. That primarily reduces the internal resistance of the battery cell, leading to less internal heating, less energy loss and better charging performance as more of the cathode can be charged in parallel. What is new however is that this also increases the energy density because less additive from Talga is needed compared to carbon black that was used before, hence leaving more room for the active cathode material.

Talnode-Si:
The description given here is new for Talnode-Si. We knew that they produced meso-particles, they describe that as particles composed of smaller particles, the thumbnail image shows such a particle:

What is new, I think Talga has changed the structure of these particles. What looked before like a randomly mixed ball of particles is now described as silicon particles like raisins in a graphite dough surrounded by a graphene outer shell. This might be able to keep the meso-particle together when the silicon swells while at the same time shielding the inside of the particle from contact with the electrolyte. That is important because at the contact surface of the anode with the electrolyte, the lithium forms a chemical bond with the electrolyte called the SEI layer. When silicon particles swell, that layer gets broken apart and forms new, reducing the active lithium content inside the battery cell over time. Also the silicon particles, when too large, start to break apart to smaller pieces increasing their surface area, again increasing the area where the SEI layer can form, costing more lithium. This is the primary reason for silicon anodes to have a short life time. If Talga can solve that with these meso-particles, they would be one of the only ones on earth that can do that. And the silicon raw materials are are super common, not as limited as graphite. Interesting development.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Semmel

Regular

Ohh, interesting.. just as I suspected after the GA meeting, the "5 major share holders" are not the top 5..

Hang on Gaus would have to be a nominee company otherwise they should have lodged a Substantial Shareholder Notice at the 5% threshold and they are now at 8+%
Having said that it would be difficult for the ASX to police if it has a certain level of sophistication outside of Australia. It would be upto TLG to police it.

Reactions: 2 users

Semmel

Regular
Hang on Gaus would have to be a nominee company otherwise they should have lodged a Substantial Shareholder Notice at the 5% threshold and they are now at 8+%
Having said that it would be difficult for the ASX to police if it has a certain level of sophistication outside of Australia. It would be upto TLG to police it.

Hmm, can they represent multiple individual holders? I have no idea how these financial shenanigans work

Hmm, can they represent multiple individual holders? I have no idea how these financial shenanigans work
Yes they can represent multiple holders. However if the ASX suspects it is one holder with 5+% the ASX and ASIC can seize and sell the holding given enough evidence. Cant recall if it's ever happened though

Semmel

Regular
I am not sure, but does the requirement to report a holding above 5% also applies to retail investors? I have a vague memory that this only applies to institutions or companies. As a retail investor, I can have as much as I want and dont have to tell anyone about it. Of course it is different if you are tied to the company in some way, like having a board position or being the CEO.

I am not sure, but does the requirement to report a holding above 5% also applies to retail investors? I have a vague memory that this only applies to institutions or companies. As a retail investor, I can have as much as I want and dont have to tell anyone about it. Of course it is different if you are tied to the company in some way, like having a board position or being the CEO.
It applies to everyone not just institutions

Reactions: 2 users

catdog

catdog

Is this a way to subvert the ASX regulations? Have multiple accounts with a holding entity. Surely not?
From the ASX regulations - RG 5.12 Consistent with these objectives, where there are groups of people who are either related or associated with respect to some aspect of the entity’s affairs, the takeover and substantial holding provisions apply by reference to the aggregated voting capacity of the group.

From the ASX regulations - RG 5.12 Consistent with these objectives, where there are groups of people who are either related or associated with respect to some aspect of the entity’s affairs, the takeover and substantial holding provisions apply by reference to the aggregated voting capacity of the group.
Yep mate but usually we would be dealing with Australian nominees like Westpac Noms, Perpetual, ANZ etc but if it is out of the Caymans then it’s completely opaque. Even the TLG share registry would not be able to tell. Australian law can only stretch to like minded countries and the Caymans are not like minded LOL

Anyway maybe Gaus is something else. That was just my. Google coming out of the Caymans

cosors

👀
For those who are interested, here are the data from 2021 for comparison. There were many nominees. And I also find it laughable to create rules for transparency when at the same time they give the big ones the tools for non-transparency. We had that over at BRN. There, unnoticed, a nominee bought his way to the top with over 10%. That doesn't always have to be negative. It can also be a friendly silent participation. It can also be individual larger deposits together or masses over your e.g. Super if I understood correctly. That's of course not transparent, but so much I have learned in the short time this is not the favorite topic of the ASX/AISIC.

2021 - 2022

top20.png
top10.png

https://www.marketindex.com.au/asx/tlg

As it is, it's time for the list to be reshuffled. This will happen at the latest in spring I guess. I thank the loyal holders.

Top Bottom