TLG Ann: Talga Presentation at RIU Resources Round-Up Sydney 2023 - 9th May 2023, 1:44pm

Do you have a link to the original source on that?

I kind of expected that this appeal is getting denied, together with every other appeal. That it gets denied up front but request for extensions by the Sami get granted is a bit sour. Didnt Talga prove with the trail mines that they CAN rebuild the ground to its previous state without damage to the environment?

Basically the court is saying they are fine with the delaying tactics. Well, cant win every battle. Hope the court is as firm to all the other appeals.
I think the Court want to be seen as being as accommodating to the Sami as possible. It would not have saved TLG much time anyway and the Court can see that too

Reactions: 2 users
Here it is:

RIU Sydney Resources Round up - Tuesday session 1​

I have set the time marker to MT.

I wonder what kind of exciting ideas they could be working on and in what time horizon they are thinking when MT says in his concluding sentence: "We've also got some exciting new ideas for how to faster ramp up production in future"?!

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

beserk

Regular
I think the Court want to be seen as being as accommodating to the Sami as possible. It would not have saved TLG much time anyway and the Court can see that too
Well I thought the biggest hurdle to overcome in this obstacle course were the Samí.

But that they have had to play their Ace of Spades so early in the game is encouraging.

It must have been the NIMBYs hope that they would delay and obstruct first AND ....then the Samí would have provided the hammerblow with the better class of lawyers, perhaps described as a parliament of owls, and permanently put a stopper to Talgarians.

Their two stage plan has not worked.

And now it all will pass.

-beserk

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

TentCity

Regular
I wonder what kind of exciting ideas they could be working on and in what time horizon they are thinking when MT says in his concluding sentence: "We've also got some exciting new ideas for how to faster ramp up production in future"?!
Yeah I’ve been pondering that interesting comment as well. Perfect question for MT during the quarterly investor webinar, which we haven’t heard a date/time be announced at this stage.

If I was to guess, I wonder if the faster scale up refers to Talnode-Si, rather than Talnode-C. We know their Talnode-Si process flow sheet can utilise 3rd party graphite and even recycled anode from spent Li-ion batteries, rather than being entirely dependent on the Vittangi mine & NIMBY’s stalling permitting and scale-up plans.

MT also referenced “customers” (Plural) when talking about Talnode-Si. We’ve only had the one announcement regarding Talnode-Si stating the testing exceeded expectations for cycle life etc for 1 customer. Just picking up on the tone of language used, MT said “we will share more details on Talnode-Si when we want to go public with that”. So, this implies stage of testing is well past whether the customer sees any potential/value in the product, but more a question of ironing out the terms of an agreement.

The other interesting comment MT said in the presentation is at the ‘Cambridge Centre of Excellence’ they are testing advanced materials for inclusion in Sodium-ion batteries. I haven’t followed the Na-ion development super closely, but know that China is leading the way in scale-up. Even though we know Li-ion will be the dominant battery tech for likely decades to come; it is always reassuring that MT and team are planning ahead and have a tech solution regardless of whether Silicon, Solid State or Na-ion gain increased market traction in years ahead.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

anbuck

Regular
Yeah I’ve been pondering that interesting comment as well. Perfect question for MT during the quarterly investor webinar, which we haven’t heard a date/time be announced at this stage.

If I was to guess, I wonder if the faster scale up refers to Talnode-Si, rather than Talnode-C. We know their Talnode-Si process flow sheet can utilise 3rd party graphite and even recycled anode from spent Li-ion batteries, rather than being entirely dependent on the Vittangi mine & NIMBY’s stalling permitting and scale-up plans.

MT also referenced “customers” (Plural) when talking about Talnode-Si. We’ve only had the one announcement regarding Talnode-Si stating the testing exceeded expectations for cycle life etc for 1 customer. Just picking up on the tone of language used, MT said “we will share more details on Talnode-Si when we want to go public with that”. So, this implies stage of testing is well past whether the customer sees any potential/value in the product, but more a question of ironing out the terms of an agreement.

The other interesting comment MT said in the presentation is at the ‘Cambridge Centre of Excellence’ they are testing advanced materials for inclusion in Sodium-ion batteries. I haven’t followed the Na-ion development super closely, but know that China is leading the way in scale-up. Even though we know Li-ion will be the dominant battery tech for likely decades to come; it is always reassuring that MT and team are planning ahead and have a tech solution regardless of whether Silicon, Solid State or Na-ion gain increased market traction in years ahead.
Based on the breadcrumbs thus far I think the Talnode-Si customers are Tesla and Porsche.

TentCity

Regular
Based on the breadcrumbs thus far I think the Talnode-Si customers are Tesla and Porsche.
Perhaps Northvolt aren’t completely out of the picture just yet. Great to see them announce their plans to build their third gigafactory in Deutschland after threatening the EU to go to North America. Great demonstration of the brinkmanship going on behind the scenes and increasingly publicly to attract the best possible commercial terms.

Would love to see an announcement from Talga regarding the preferred location for the Talnode-Si plant being co-located with this new NV Gigafactory. Importantly, this announcement signals the start of individual EU countries being given the green light by the EU to financially compete with the US IRA to retain/attract this important investment on the continent.

I also note in a recent Vulcan investor webinar, when i asked the CEO about tapping into the CRM & NZI funding pool, he similarly indicated the financial support is more likely to come from Germany’s State & Federal Government, rather than directly from the EU. I suspect or at least certainly hope Talga can similarly use the IRA bargaining chip of $US100m+ for new Silicon anode investments into North America to strike a similar level of support in Germany for their proposed commercial facility.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Vigdorian

Regular

Doesn’t that mean we should be expecting a DFS for talnode si shortly ?

Top Bottom