TLG Ann: Talga Presentation at RIU Resources Round-Up Sydney 2023 - 9th May 2023, 1:44pm

annb0t

Top 20
TLG Ann: Talga Presentation at RIU Resources Round-Up Sydney 2023
Price Sensitive: N
Date: 9th May 2023, 1:44pm

>>> Read announcement: Google: TLG Market Announcements

Page 17

Financing strategy targets a mix of equity
and project debt

Discussions with select parties that have
indicated an interest in equity investments
and long-term partnerships

Perhaps this talk of further dilution or being forced to front up with more cash put the frighteners into people this afternoon.

Reactions: 1 users

Semmel

Regular
That language was there forever, wasnt it?

Reactions: 2 users
That language was there forever, wasnt it?
Yeah but when we have just done a CR being reminded that another might be coming .............................well ?

Plus the permit thing is just dragging on.

I have a really bad feeling about the refinery permit re the zinc etc being released......................a really bad feeling

• Thinking

Semmel

Regular

I have a really bad feeling about the refinery permit re the zinc etc being released......................a really bad feeling

You are not alone. Though the type of argument that is given by the maritime engineer (Hope I blame that right) is kind of ridiculous. Especially at this late stage. i.e. "We are already above our limits, so no new discharge is allowed, no matter how small.". If they would have said this up front for this location, that would be a perfectly valid argument and I could accept that. Such that the site is simply unsuitable for us. However, coming forwards with that at the 11th hour, is just malicious. Especially if you consider that Talga would increase the levels by less than 0.2%. Practically not measurable. I hope the court sees this the same way.

If they are over the limit, they should start at the fat end and make the main contributors clean their discharge water better. Not the tail end of new industries that practically have no influence. I mean thats just basic logic. So from this point of view I feel calm because reason is on our side. If reason is thrown out the window, we cant do anything because .. who knows that when you apply for the next side that another random thing crops up at the 11th hour. So you could effectively grind anything to a halt.

I bet that there is enough political will to overthrow the decision if the permit is denied. Similar to the limestone (was it limestone) query a few months back.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Vigdorian

Regular

Has anyone asked Talga if there is a contingency plan if the refinery was rejected (including exhausted appeals) ?

cosors

👀
Here it is:

RIU Sydney Resources Round up - Tuesday session 1​

I have set the time marker to MT.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I thought I read somewhere that you can use graphene to filter certain elements out of water. It would be interesting if Talga could make filters for the industries to use in Luleå to bring the overall discharge of undesired elements down.

(Edit - included link)

Last edited:
  • Love

cosors

👀
I thought I read somewhere that you can use graphene to filter certain elements out of water. It would be interesting if Talga could make filters for the industries to use in Luleå to bring the overall discharge of undesired elements down.

(Edit - included link)
That's a good idea! I extend it and suggest to bring the 44kg of zinc to the office of the district administration as a reminder that there is still a lot of work for them to clean up what they have forgotten so far. I still can't get over the fact that they ignored 35tons all these years and now have a problem with 44 kg. Someone is not doing their job there.

• Love

L3NNONAD3

Emerged
That's a good idea! I extend it and suggest to bring the 44kg of zinc to the office of the district administration as a reminder that there is still a lot of work for them to clean up what they have forgotten so far. I still can't get over the fact that they ignored 35tons all these years and now have a problem with 44 kg. Someone is not doing their job there.
or doing their job perfectly to derail this refinery? I am scratching my head at the 44kg

Weakness in the share price might also be caused by the announcement of the Chinese synthetic refinery being built in Sweden. It kind of cuts into the low emissions natural graphite story.........................

Where there is money to be made exactly how much does Europe/Sweden really care about synthetic v natural ?

What about less reliance on Chinese companies ?

Perhaps not much might be the growing perception

Last edited:

manny100

Regular
This will take a while. All the authorities and objectors will make it their life's mission to make it tough.
We will get there in the end no doubt even if MT has to drag us kicking and screaming over the finish line.
Nothing is easy these days.

• Love
So from this point of view I feel calm because reason is on our side. If reason is thrown out the window, we cant do anything because .. who knows that when you apply for the next side that another random thing crops up at the 11th hour. So you could effectively grind anything to a halt.

I bet that there is enough political will to overthrow the decision if the permit is denied. Similar to the limestone (was it limestone) query a few months back.
I suppose you could argue that a court precedent was set by allowing other industries permits to pollute the water in the first place. So the Court has interpreted the legislation in the past favourably to industry.

Therefore (using the Australian system) perhaps there would need to be a legislated change by Government for the Court to now interpret the Law differently to the way it has done so in the past.

Otherwise it could open up a pandora's box threatening existing industries at Lulea with law suits from the "Antis"

So there maybe an inherent danger for the Court and this is just a pannicked response from the County when you stated....

"coming forwards with that at the 11th hour, is just malicious."

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Then again you look at this and a denial of the refinery permit would effectively bring all expansion of industry in Lulea to a standstill

I think where it says "Tallow" it means Talga...................Lost in translation

HERE ARE OUR CURRENT PROJECTS​

These projects are currently being established or are active at Luleå Industripark.
Here you will find the link to the respective project where updated information is available.
Industrial worker inspecting a metal product

New SSAB

New arc furnace and new rolling mill when SSAB switches to fossil-free manufacturing by 2030.
Read more

Illustration of modern industrial buildings

LKAB ReeMAP

10 billion is invested in an industrial park that will extract rare earth metals, phosphorus and produce gypsum.
Read more

Cranes and silos in Luleå port area

The ore port

New deep-sea port that enables ships of up to 160,000 tons compared to today's 55,000 tons.
Read more

Large industrial plant

Tallow

With natural graphite from Vittangi, climate-smart battery anodes will be produced in a brand new factory.
Read more

Hydrogen storage silo

Uniper

Uniper plans to build a regional hydrogen gas hub that is part of the hydrogen project BotnialänkenH2.
Read more

Fertilizer machine out on the fields.

Fertiberia

10 billion is invested in factory facilities to produce climate-smart fertilizer.
Read more

Luleå Industripark is an established business cluster for green industrial conversion
with world-leading technology development. Luleå Municipality owns and develops
Luleå Industripark in close cooperation with business and universities.

Last edited:

cosors

👀
or doing their job perfectly to derail this refinery? I am scratching my head at the 44kg
I really think that this is not malicious on the part of this person. She has only noticed it and is hyper correct not to make any (new ?) mistake. She is probably scared herself how the authorities could let it get this far. If you search for her you will find another case where something was approved and then got out of hand. I assume that she is simply not interpreting and just hiding behind the law.
After all, she points to others. The only thing that annoys me is that nobody seems to mind the pollution, shrugging their shoulders and green tec is not defended in Sweden either by the politicians in the press or the media directly. No one dares because the Sami are involved. We Germans can understand that very well. Here you can do coke in the Bundestag if you have the right affiliation.)

I think SSAB should solve this and we should get an exemption. The poor woman who noticed the situation and drew attention to it will not be harmed in this way - there will be no nasty consequences to pin on her. Unfortunately, time is running out. 2024 can never be keept (?) or a factory blowing up like a bouncy castle.

I expected around March with the approval and was in thought until the decision already a quarter of building to have the foundation for the fall to stand then walls roof and it could be built in snowfall further. Who knows maybe Talga's lawyer will see red and sue SSAB for example?

And, I don't take the Swedes so seriously any more in what they have collectively set out to do. But even that is better than the chaos in my country. Green colonialism on mother gea! Where is the glue...

Last edited:

cosors

👀
But maybe I misinterpret the silence in the news and it is shame and it is more like a scandal that the welcome guest is greeted like this.)

I am curious if Sweden's coordinator has anything to say about this.

Court has rejected our application to start mining and not wait for the appeals to be heard.

The Land and Environmental Supreme Court does not dispute that graphite is an important component for the electrification of vehicles and thus for the phasing out of fossil fuels and that the company has invested large sums in the planned operations.

However, the parties' attitudes towards a final decision in the case clearly differ not to now predict the Land and Environment Court's final assessment.

The nature and extent of the business is such that it can entail a long-term impact. The impact on the environment and other conflicting interests that cannot of course be compensated.

The court therefore considers that Talga AB's interest in now challenging the condition without it having gained legal force, does not by a sufficient margin outweigh the interests that argue that a decision with legal force should exist before the condition can be challenged.

The interim request for an enforcement order must therefore is rejected.

The decision may not be appealed separately.

• Sad

Semmel

Regular
Court has rejected our application to start mining and not wait for the appeals to be heard.

The Land and Environmental Supreme Court does not dispute that graphite is an important component for the electrification of vehicles and thus for the phasing out of fossil fuels and that the company has invested large sums in the planned operations.

However, the parties' attitudes towards a final decision in the case clearly differ not to now predict the Land and Environment Court's final assessment.

The nature and extent of the business is such that it can entail a long-term impact. The impact on the environment and other conflicting interests that cannot of course be compensated.

The court therefore considers that Talga AB's interest in now challenging the condition without it having gained legal force, does not by a sufficient margin outweigh the interests that argue that a decision with legal force should exist before the condition can be challenged.

The interim request for an enforcement order must therefore is rejected.

The decision may not be appealed separately.

Do you have a link to the original source on that?

I kind of expected that this appeal is getting denied, together with every other appeal. That it gets denied up front but request for extensions by the Sami get granted is a bit sour. Didnt Talga prove with the trail mines that they CAN rebuild the ground to its previous state without damage to the environment?

Basically the court is saying they are fine with the delaying tactics. Well, cant win every battle. Hope the court is as firm to all the other appeals.

Do you have a link to the original source on that?

I kind of expected that this appeal is getting denied, together with every other appeal. That it gets denied up front but request for extensions by the Sami get granted is a bit sour. Didnt Talga prove with the trail mines that they CAN rebuild the ground to its previous state without damage to the environment?

Basically the court is saying they are fine with the delaying tactics. Well, cant win every battle. Hope the court is as firm to all the other appeals.
It came via Hot Crapper. It was posted in Swedish then translated. Apparently it's also on Sami Facebook page

Top Bottom