TLG Ann: Talga Investor Webinar - 24th Aug 2023, 12:59pm

cosors

👀
I have made my thoughts on that previously as I think that would be a fantastic move.

It would need to be a meaningful and fair offer though say 3 million shares as a starter. That way we get them hooked on the annual cash flow from dividends just like a meth addict is hooked on their cut or uncut batch of meth.

Then with future expansions we go through the Court system again with the Court effectively being a neutral umpire to lay down a TLG minimum requirement then award them another X million shares for allowing the expansion
That is the most improbable thing I can imagine. The Sami, of all people, let themselves be bought by foreign capital before the other Sami and the Sami in neighbouring countries...?! They would also be walking into the open knife of Greta, who supports the Sami with her attitude that the Green Deal and the Green Transition mean nothing other than the suppression of human rights and green colonialism. Owning a piece of the devil in exchange for silence?
I can rather imagine that the regular levies will be raised somewhat as reparations.
I have not yet seen or heard the presentation. Could have meant that no project partner has shares in the company in exchange for financing it? So Talga still belongs itself?

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 1 users

JNRB

Regular
Hi all,
I didn't manage to tune in to the webinar, so big thanks to those sharing their take-away points and thoughts.

Just been looking through the slideshow, not a lot changed from the last one. But couple of things caught my attention on the last page:

May 2023 webinar:
1693474367078.png

Today's webinar:
1693474322428.png

1. Talnode-Si to support global development plans.
mmm..... yes I like the sound of that. Also interesting though that they talk about 'global' more with Si than with Tal-C, I'm assuming because it's less dependent on the particular feedstock, and can even be built into recycling processes?
Either way, I'm loving the way Tal-Si is shaping up. I didn't see today's, but I remember Mark's enthusiasm/excitment in the last webinar when discussing it. And it feels like it came out of nowhere. Years and years and years on the developing Tal-C and them BAM suddenly we also have this other advanced product going through qualification.

2. 'Exploration growth....'

We've known for a long time there was going to be some big expansions beyond the 100ktpa previously announced. 100ktpa does not 'fit expanding customer battery demand roadmaps' by a long shot. With our most recent resource upgrade this year our resource was already pretty fkn huge.
But now we're not just talking about production scale-up, we're talking about exploration scale-up. Which to me implies they've got some pretty damn big plans in store. @Monkeymandan also made a note on the 'massive' expansion beyond Niska. I've speculated before our next jump would be planning for a >500ktpa production scenario.... whatever it ends up being I'm sure it'll be great.

The other thing this talk about expansion/exploration says to me is that everything really is going well with executing on the short-term Talnode-C (and Talnode-Si) business plan. MT has said previously he'd love to do more exploration, but needed to keep the company laser focused on getting into production. That they feel they can start working on those expansion plans must mean everything else is pretty well falling (/fallen) into place.

Anyway, just my thoughts from reading through the slide deck. Lots of exciting things to come from this company!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
I can't help you with this question. I also find it difficult to assume how much Talga actually gets for the samples and test series. The industry is different from mine back then where prototypes always fetched a higher price because the development costs were added on. I can imagine that many samples left the house for free.
I had only in mind that the EVA plant would be the same as that in the factory with the difference that there would be three of them. Whether the one from Swerim will then be integrated into the factory, so we would only have to order two new ones or will remain at Swerim for samples is just an assumption, I don't remember exactly if and where I picked that up.
So far I assumed that the factory will have exactly three times the capacity of the EVA.

I assume the size of the factory is also determined by the purification plant, which is done externally so far. Moreover, the hall at Swerim is an improvised transition and certainly not as spacious as it needs to be. In addition, there are meeting rooms, staff rooms such as a canteen, laboratory rooms, logistics storage rooms, etc.

...the Eva plant I showed you earlier the little bits of mechanical kit in our ovens and so forth representsrepresents about one third of one of these lines so...

I don't know if that is misleadingly worded and I am wrong. As I mentioned, I assumed that the EVA line would be exactly the same as the three later in the factory.

The new plot is estimated to be more than three times as long and wide as the one at Swerim.
View attachment 43461 View attachment 43462
Maybe we can just assume that the hall at Swerim will be about the same size as the three on the new site, except that they will certainly be a little more roomy.
Confirmed. Unfortunately, the exact values cannot be read. But a comparison on the maps shows the dimensioning:
pl2.PNG

pl1.PNG

Attachments

• pl1.PNG
    pl1.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
That is the most improbable thing I can imagine. The Sami, of all people, let themselves be bought by foreign capital before the other Sami and the Sami in neighbouring countries...?!
Oh dear @cosors I think you might be attributing too many noble traits to the Sami leadership.

We only have to pique their interest then this principle applies,…….

.A millionaire approaches an attractive young woman in a bar and asks if she would be willing to spend the weekend with him at the country’s most expensive and luxurious hotel, waited on hand and foot and receiving a million pounds to sleep with him. The girl considers that it’s worth it for a million pounds, and agrees. The millionaire then suggests that they immediately sneak into the men’s toilet for quick sex for £5. She is shocked and insulted, and says “That’s disgusting! What kind of girl do you think I am?” He replies “We’ve already decided that. Now we’re just haggling over the price.”

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
Oh dear @cosors I think you might be attributing too many noble traits to the Sami leadership.

We only have to pique their interest then this principle applies,…….

.A millionaire approaches an attractive young woman in a bar and asks if she would be willing to spend the weekend with him at the country’s most expensive and luxurious hotel, waited on hand and foot and receiving a million pounds to sleep with him. The girl considers that it’s worth it for a million pounds, and agrees. The millionaire then suggests that they immediately sneak into the men’s toilet for quick sex for £5. She is shocked and insulted, and says “That’s disgusting! What kind of girl do you think I am?” He replies “We’ve already decided that. Now we’re just haggling over the price.”
I understand you and the smart haggling man. Perhaps it is also because I am subjectively biased. I don't want to reward such anti-climate behaviour and such behaviour against the other society of which they are also a part with shares in our company whose declared opponents they are and opponents of the Green Deal and the Green Transition as a whole because green genocide and green colonialism. But I also like to haggle and that is smarter than giving away shares. I would generously grant them higher compensation per year. This also creates dependency and cooperation as they are on the annual drip and would be compensated directly according to the output. Let's say a generous 60% more. That would be huge SEK704,000/a and no penny more.
No one else is so generous voluntarily, I bet.
That's how I would enter the race.
Three million shares - I beg you.
This would correspond to the above for the coming 44a and that at the average SP now and that on top of the anual compulsory levy. But we only want to run the mine half of that time. I think my proposal is better.)
rub my hands for successful haggling

"The rights holders - the Sami Parliament, the affected Sami and the affected Sami reindeer husbandry and economic districts - have the right to a share of the profits (royalties) from mineral and ore mining under Article 26 of the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples. Today, landowners are entitled to a mineral compensation of 1.5 ppm of the calculated value of the ore mined during the year. If there is more than one property within the concession area, the compensation is calculated according to the proportion of area of each property. The company also pays 0.5 ppm to the government. In total, the company pays 2 ppm based on the ore mined.
..."
https://www.sametinget.se/mining

120,000 (t max) x 0,25 (% ~purity) x 9000 ($ ~price battery grade graphite) x 0,00015 (ppm) ≙ $40,500 ≅ SEK440,747 ≅ A$61,287 ≅ €37,252
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/permits.4987/post-319672
We all know how minimal the impact is on their pastoralism. Even their cries of death and perdition and genocide would fall on my deaf ears. I think every mother could understand that the child who screams the loudest is not automatically given more than the others. For this minimal restriction and for the fact that they do not own the land I would find my offer more than generous. For a kind and friendly handshake I was very very long. Until I realised that it was a gift.
As a reminder:
1688587323824.png

1688587354751.png

I would have to convert that into an equivalent to a rent per hectare of land.
I suspect most people in Sweden would rub their eyes. Rent for something you don't own and how small the area is.

Last edited:
No one else is so generous voluntarily, I bet.
That's how I would enter the race.
Three million shares - I beg you.
Gee you are a tight wad................LOL..................Our indigenous get annual royalties when required

Anyway it no longer matters for Vittangi

• Haha

Solid presentation from Mark with realistic outlook for the next few months, but little new from my perspective. I'm glad the lithium topic wasn't hyped too much, because at first glance it looks like only one of all the wells is showing >1% lithium. But let's see if Talga will add more capacity here in the future.

Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom