Top 20
TLG Ann: Talga and ACC graphite anode offtake update
Price Sensitive: Y
Date: 30th Nov 2022, 8:15am

>>> Read announcement: Google: TLG Market Announcements

cosors

👀
Screenshot_2022-11-29-22-38-12-07_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.jpg

OK so they are still engaged and the lawyers are drawing up documentation and making amendments to same which is expected to be completed "shortly" but in this World nothing is guaranteed.

That "no guarantee" bit to me presents as there is a problem.

If they like the SPG and our "secret sauce" then the problem is perhaps around how the "floating price" is calculated ?

Maths Calculate GIF

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

BigDog

Regular
Minor tweaks to whatever agreement they have come to are not uncommon. However what is common now is that TLG often miss significant milestone dates. Somewhat disappointing yet not unexpected. SP going down for now but may fly if they finalize the agreement before Xmas. Back to the balcony to watch the world go by!

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users
I did notice this (Page 27) in the AGM presentation last week which I thought was odd by not mentioning ACC (Perhaps the smart money noticed this and sold down on Monday)

Looking Ahead : Upcoming Milestones

*Further Vittangi graphite resource growth

*Commercial agreements: >20 battery and automotive customers have Talnode® in qualification and procurement processes

*Environmental permit decision for Vittangi mine to follow hearing in Q1 2023

*Project financing and commencement of construction in CY2023 First commercial scale Talnode® -C production in CY2024

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
OK so they are still engaged and the lawyers are drawing up documentation and making amendments to same which is expected to be completed "shortly" but in this World nothing is guaranteed.

That "no guarantee" bit to me presents as there is a problem.

If they like the SPG and our "secret sauce" then the problem is perhaps around how the "floating price" is calculated ?

Maths Calculate GIF
Do you mean the problem with the climate deniers, self-proclaimed climate saviours and the decision in spring? I have no doubts about the spring. Don't forget, no one has ever travelled as fast as Talga in Sweden - as far as I know. I got a little carried away with your all excitement.
An off-take is not a saved mushroom.
March - that's what counts.

cosors

👀
Everyone grumbles but me? But I'm not ignorant and I don't dye. In any case, I am not frustrated. What about the shorters 🫣😅
Screenshot_2022-11-29-23-43-48-47_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

LOL

But who will save the children...oh...........Greta..............LOL

Greta Thunberg to sue Sweden over ‘climate inactivism’​

Greta Thunberg joined hundreds of other plaintiffs in a lawsuit against the Swedish government, alleging inaction from the country.

Climate activist Greta Thunberg joined hundreds of other young plaintiffs in a lawsuit against the government of Sweden alleging inaction from the country on the issue of climate change.
The lawsuit joins Thunberg, 19, with more than 600 others who claim that Sweden’s climate policies have violated the Constitution along with the European Convention on Human Rights, Bloomberg reported.
“The Swedish state fails to meet the constitutional requirement to promote sustainable development leading to a good environment for present and future generations,” the group organising the lawsuit said in a statement, according to Fox News.
Greta Thunberg to sue the Swedish government. Picture: Christopher Furlong/Getty Images

Greta Thunberg to sue the Swedish government. Picture: Christopher Furlong/Getty Images
Thunberg posted on Twitter saying that Black Friday was the “perfect day” to sue the state over “its insufficient climate policies.”
“Today on Black Friday is the perfect day to sue the state over its insufficient climate policies. So that’s what we did,” Thunberg, one of the world’s most recognisable climate activists, said.

“See you in court,” she added.

Sweden’s parliament decided in 2017 that by 2045, the Scandinavian country will have zero net emissions of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere and will have 100 per cent renewable energy.

Still, activists in Sweden say the country should do more.

“The Swedish state has never treated the climate crisis as the crisis it is, and the new government has clearly signalled that it won’t do that either,” Anton Foley, a 20 year-old plaintiff in the case, said in a statement.

Climate campaigners have launched numerous lawsuits against governments and companies in recent years, with mixed success.
In one of the most high-profile cases, Germany’s top court ruled last year that the government had to adjust its climate targets to avoid unduly burdening the young.

The German government reacted by bringing forward its target for “net zero” emissions by five years to 2045 and laying more ambitious near-and-medium term steps to achieve that goal.

"Talga and ACC expect to finalise negotiations and definitive documentation shortly, noting there can be no guarantee the documentation will be finalised, and the Company will provide an update to the market accordingly."

Hang on.....................are they saying negotiations are pretty much finalised but....... who knows whether the lawyers will get their shit together in a short amount of time i.e. shortly

Any guess is as good as any other but I think it is a positive announcement overall

But I gotta wonder if for the Company Secretary of TLG whether English is his first language

Ron Burgundy What GIF

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I see Pabs is upto his old down ramping tricks over at the other forum

90S Mask GIF

• Haha

anbuck

Regular
The "no guarantee" language is likely just legalese in case the ACC leadership get in a plane crash and the new leadership doesn't want to do the deal with Talga. If something crazy like that happened, then this language would protect Talga from shareholder lawsuits. If there were any actual problem they wouldn't have put the "shortly" language in there. This is a done deal.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

BigDog

Regular
It may be ‘a done deal’ as you say however I am still surprised the shareprice came back so strongly this afternoon. Let’s hope the shortly language is just that!

Semmel

Regular
"Talga and ACC expect to finalise negotiations and definitive documentation shortly, noting there can be no guarantee the documentation will be finalised, and the Company will provide an update to the market accordingly."

Hang on.....................are they saying negotiations are pretty much finalised but....... who knows whether the lawyers will get their shit together in a short amount of time i.e. shortly

Any guess is as good as any other but I think it is a positive announcement overall

But I gotta wonder if for the Company Secretary of TLG whether English is his first language

Ron Burgundy What GIF

At face value that's how I read this too. So if taken on its own, it's a positive announcement, where the agreement has been reached but the document is not quite ready. Ok.

In the context that Talga has the tendency to not converting MOUs, this is just another example a d who knows how long 'shortly' takes?

Personally, I tend towards option 1, i don't think any of the talk about insider trading on HC has any merit. It's that MT is struggling to make ends meet on time. The mistake was setting the goal to finish the document end of November, not end of December. So here we are.

scep

I have been involved in many negotiations and am not worried about the delay. First of all, I hope that Talga's board does not feel too pressured by their shareholders. Don't forget time is on our side!

Still, Talga is dealing with master negotiators of the auto-branche, which are used to negotiate from a position of strength and squeezing margins of their suppliers. Also, they hardly have experience with the mining aspect of the deal and may be subject to false expectations. Another aspect, ACC is dealing with a much smaller party and may be overconfident. They may not like it that they are being pushed against the wall by Talga.

I don't know the structure of the ACC organisation and their freedom to negotiate on behalf of their shareholders which come from different backgrounds: German & France. This could cause a layered authorization requirement, which make the negotiations much more complicated.

Of course, lawyers can make anything simple extremely complex. Imagine what they do with this supply chain of mining and hi-tech.

Take you time Mark. If it is not them, then some-one else. Still, there are some wider risks to Talga. See my next comment.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

anbuck

Regular
If you set the deadline later, it would likely take even longer. A deadline can be a forcing function for making things happen faster even if the deadline is not actually achieved.

Reactions: 6 users

scep

Mentioned before on this forum is the risk of take-over. We can speculate about the price, but the position of Talga is unique and strategically very valuable over a long period. A few billions is doable for many parties. The constitution does not contain a poison pill unfortunately, but state; one share, one vote.

Secondly, something I am already a bit concerned about for a long time is the availability of battery materials. All those giga factories need to be fed, but their output will be limited by the material least available at any one time. E.g. take lithium which is abundantly available on the longer term, but short term not as the mining capacity needs time to gear up. This will limit the utilization of the giga factories and therefor their requirement of other materials. Unfortunately, I don't have info about the material impact on our anode material, if at all. Contributions on this subject will be appreciated.

Lastly, many times discussed is the advancement of new technologies. I am not worried about the first 5 to 7 years. But the substantial costs of battery materials will eventually result in better technologies with higher potential of recycling and less need of scare base materials. Still, not a present risk, but still an item for 15 years contracts. Also noted is that Talga seems to be advancing fast in improving there technologies!

All together ingredients for an exciting time with many developments and good news flows ;)

Talga represents a large position in my portfolio and I am confident that over the coming years we will be generously rewarded for our patience. GLTA

• Love

scep

If you set the deadline later, it would likely take even longer. A deadline can be a forcing function for making things happen faster even if the deadline is not actually achieved.
Sure, I agree with your point, but it is also used to raise 'false' expectations at the other side of the negotiation table. I was wondering why the publication of the apparent advanced state of the negotiations was made and which party has suggested it.

They used strong wording to show they are seriously in completing negotiations, but when no penalties are included it is just what it is; intentions and words. Sorry, I don't want to sound negative, just my experience and I love to see a deal coming true.

I hear you but I learnt long ago to only set deadlines where you are in 100% control of the workflow to get to the deadline and if the deadline is missed............ blame someone else.

When I was working for ASX companies our "deadline announcements" amounted to ...

Having already agreed on the wording of the intended agreement we at ABC Limited will be in a position to execute the agreement with XYZ Limited on 30 November 1995 after having completed our due diligence subject to XYZ Limited being in the same position

Due Diligence
impacted on my area so I always insisted on having adequate manpower and time so no excuses.

That's just how it used to work

Simples

Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
LOL

But who will save the children...oh...........Greta..............LOL

Greta Thunberg to sue Sweden over ‘climate inactivism’​

Greta Thunberg joined hundreds of other plaintiffs in a lawsuit against the Swedish government, alleging inaction from the country.

Climate activist Greta Thunberg joined hundreds of other young plaintiffs in a lawsuit against the government of Sweden alleging inaction from the country on the issue of climate change.
The lawsuit joins Thunberg, 19, with more than 600 others who claim that Sweden’s climate policies have violated the Constitution along with the European Convention on Human Rights, Bloombergreported.
“The Swedish state fails to meet the constitutional requirement to promote sustainable development leading to a good environment for present and future generations,” the group organising the lawsuit said in a statement, according to Fox News.

Thunberg posted on Twitter saying that Black Friday was the “perfect day” to sue the state over “its insufficient climate policies.”
“Today on Black Friday is the perfect day to sue the state over its insufficient climate policies. So that’s what we did,” Thunberg, one of the world’s most recognisable climate activists, said.

“See you in court,” she added.

Sweden’s parliament decided in 2017 that by 2045, the Scandinavian country will have zero net emissions of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere and will have 100 per cent renewable energy.

Still, activists in Sweden say the country should do more.

“The Swedish state has never treated the climate crisis as the crisis it is, and the new government has clearly signalled that it won’t do that either,” Anton Foley, a 20 year-old plaintiff in the case, said in a statement.

Climate campaigners have launched numerous lawsuits against governments and companies in recent years, with mixed success.
In one of the most high-profile cases, Germany’s top court ruled last year that the government had to adjust its climate targets to avoid unduly burdening the young.

The German government reacted by bringing forward its target for “net zero” emissions by five years to 2045 and laying more ambitious near-and-medium term steps to achieve that goal.
This is absurd. Last year 78% of the wind turbines in Sweden were not built because the applications were successfully rejected. A large proportion of the Sami fear environmental colonialism and justify their stance against wind turbines with the destruction of their reindeer grazing grounds and culture. Other wind turbines were probably prevented, as in our country, because of the famous red kite (? Rotmilan) and on the grounds of nature conservation. Of course, there are also NIMBYs. Greta works with the Sami as she did with Kallak. They agree that the environment must be protected. Mines harm the environment regardless of what they are used for. As the FI party openly admits, they are simply ideologically against it. However. Most environmental protection measures cannot be implemented because of environmental lawsuits. And because they block successfully they can go on complaining that nothing is happening and too much has been blocked. The EU is already in the process of rethinking its policy, because too much is blocked that is necessary for environmental protection, and this by means of laws that were made for environmental protection. This is not only absurd what Greta is doing, but also very ignorant and twisted. It is similar here. The environmental groups are a way of suing professional companies. Here, over 70% of wind power projects are prevented because of environmental lawsuits. Of course it's not just Gretas or environmental groups that sue. These laws are also instrumentalised by others. Therefore the EU sees a need for action to put a stop to the professional plaintiffs. A well-known example is the Natura2000 legislation which is also used against environmental projects. I don't know why I am repeating myself here. Maybe I just can't understand the blind actionism. Why doesn't Grata sue Scandinavia's largest environmental association for suing wind turbines and why doesn't she sue the Sami at the same time? I don't understand the protesters. It's not like conservative right-wing old farts are blocking these projects to hurt the environmentalists. Pretty twisted, I know. Actually, they should sue themselves. Even if Greta is often one of the reasonable ones. But she still goes crazy sometimes. Who will be sued next? Seriously, and they wonder why it takes 14 years to lay a power cable for green electricity or 6-7 years for a wind turbine here in Germany. Therefore, laws should be adapted so that environmental protection associations can no longer sue so successfully. They make up the largest part. But who am I telling here? We all know who is slowing down and has slowed down everything here. The Green Party, the Environmental Protection Association, the Sami and of course the Feminist Party;) All right? I'm not worried about society and upcoming generations who will soon have the power to block everything and blame and sue others for it. So, enough ranting, had to get out.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire

JoMo68

Regular
  • Haha
Top Bottom