The Talga Bar

cosors

👀
Greetings from the volcanic island La Palma. The volcano here is just erupted you have certainly got that. The power of mother earth is tangible here and just impressive. One of the most beautiful islands on this mother Gea.
IMG20221012133211.jpg

IMG20221015200553.jpg

Incredibly beautiful and eerie at the same time

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Greetings from the volcanic island La Palma. The volcano here is just erupted you have certainly got that. The power of mother earth is tangible here and just impressive. One of the most beautiful islands on this mother Gea.
View attachment 19202
View attachment 19203
Incredibly beautiful and eerie at the same time
Well well well you really are getting about in the Canary Islands. Looks great

Have a great time and remember to drink as much alcohol as you possibly can since you only live once :)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
@cosors

In milk ?

Yuck’: Key detail on Vegemite jar from the 1940s shocks fans​

A piece of advice on a jar of Vegemite that was circulating around the 1930s has shocked social media, with some slamming it as “yuck”.

Iconic Aussie cheese brand in strife
A piece of advice on a jar of Vegemite has shocked social media, with some slamming it as “yuck”.
One social media user took to Facebook group Old Shops to share images of a jar of the iconic Aussie treat his father had found on a building site in the 1980s.
Many were quick to point out that the jar itself circulated in Australia between the 1930s and 1940s.
However, many fixated on an odd detail that appeared on the label.
Vegemite jar from the 1940s stuns. Picture: Facebook/Old Shops

Vegemite jar from the 1940s stuns.

“Vegemite contains the nutritional elements of yeast and is one of the most potent sources of vitamin B complex,” one side read.

“Use in Sandwiches, soups, stews and gravies. ½ – 1 teaspoonful in a glass of hot milk or water makes a nourishing beverage.”

People were equally stunned and disgusted at the advice to pop it in hot milk.

“Can’t say I’m running to try it in milk but have used it as an alternate for stews and soups, as well as mashed pumpkin when the kids were babies. Love it still,” one person said.

Another added: “Yuck, never in milk! Still like it on toast with avocado though.”

One said: “When I was a kid and sick my mum would make me vegemite in hot water to drink was so yummy – NOT!”
Others simply loved the find, with one woman saying: “How was the label not ruined? This is incredible.
Today’s Vegemite packaging looks a little different from the 1940s. Picture: Damian Shaw/NCA NewsWire

Today’s Vegemite packaging looks a little different from the 1940s.

“Wouldn’t dirt have disintegrated it? It’s in such good condition, other than the lid. What a great find. In England, they find 2000 or more yr old Medieval relics, in Australia, we find this! I love it!”

Another said: “What a find. The old white jar and in very good condition for its age.”

Vegemite packaging looks a little different from the 1940s, with current bottles featuring the names of dishes it could be used in.
Examples include stir fry, bolognese and nachos.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

ACinEur

Regular
Heading North a couple of days in Singapore on the way…waiting for the Announcement to become binding …is it taking forever or is it just me?

Attachments

• 157BBFC4-C203-4B12-BD19-326D1C683B55.jpeg
    157BBFC4-C203-4B12-BD19-326D1C683B55.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 46
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
A quick look at the competitors shows a lot:

"Yes to vanadium mine outside Hudiksvall appealed​

At the beginning of September, the Land and Environmental Court announced that the company Svenska Vanadin AB was granted permission to build an open pit mine and a beneficiation plant in Bricka outside Hudiksvall for the extraction of vanadium. Since then, Hudiksvall's municipality, roughly 150 private individuals and 18 associations have submitted appeals in the Bricka case to the Land and Environment Court of Appeal. That's what Hudiksvalls Tidning writes.

- You feel completely disenfranchised. They want to lease land from me, but I refuse. Then they can expropriate, because if it becomes an environmental disaster, I don't want to be the owner, says Sture Fredin, landowner who fought against the mining plans for 20 years, to the newspaper.

- The last court hearing was a scandal, the court did not listen to a letter of what we said. It's a big project and it's not just about the water, it's also iron dust that corrodes, there are lots of things that make life unbearable living next door to a mine, says L. G., another nearby resident, to Hudiksvalls Tidning.

Swedish Vanadin already applied in 2015 to be allowed to start mining operations, but was then refused by the Land and Environmental Court, which has now changed its position.

"The court has made the assessment that the background material produced is sufficient for the environmental impact of the operation to be assessed and has approved the environmental impact statement," writes the Land and Environmental Court in a press release.

After Russia's invasion of Ukraine and the sanctions against Russia, there is a major shortage of vanadium, as the country is a major producer of the metal, which is used, among other things, in alloys in tool manufacturing."
https://www.metallerochgruvor.se/20221121/9017/ja-till-vanadingruva-utanfor-hudiksvall-overklagas

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

Semmel

Regular
It better be Bundaberg Rum
😜
🥃

But yes straight ahead “foot to the floor “ but watch out for a few curves coming up

Its Don Papa Rum, this one:
814NEJlm+jL._AC_SX342_SY445_.jpg

But will only open if share price hits 2€ on the Frankfurt exchange. Might take a while until it comes to that, but I am prepared for the party :)

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users
LOL................I love kangaroos but gee they can be sooooooooooooo cranky and angry.

One jumped in my car via the open door many years ago. We were setting up a campsite with a pack of friends at the time and it took 10 minutes for me to scare it out but that was after it had gotten into some grocery bags in the back seat and opened Mrs Monkey's packet of cornflakes.

Then as we started to put up the tent the little furry bastard picked up the tent instructions from the ground and proceeded to eat them.....LOL

There were so many of them we had to "circle the wagons" and park all our cars in a circle so we could eat our meals in peace at a table in the middle

Each morning they would come down from the mountains and lay on the sandy beach all day then mid afternoon until dusk they would make their way back up to the mountains

Anyway nice evasive manoeuvre by Skippy here...........

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Does the barkeep know how to make an Irish Mule? Cheers

If anyone sees Talga post a job for an Engineering Technician I might be interested. Lulea looks like a beautiful place to stay a while.

Semmel

Regular
N
Does the barkeep know how to make an Irish Mule? Cheers

If anyone sees Talga post a job for an Engineering Technician I might be interested. Lulea looks like a beautiful place to stay a while.
Not sure how an Irish mule keeps you warm these days, but who am I to judge? Here, have an ice cold one..

Irish-Mule-004.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone want to discuss that sports tournament in Qatar ?

Mmmmmmmm…….. I thought not 😀

• Fire

Semmel

Regular
what sports event ? * puzzled look * inst all they have a bunch of scorching hot desert sand and an indoor skying resort?

• Haha

cosors

👀
I wish you all a lovely weekend and hereby raise a toast to you. Let's see if it's good. Cheers!
Screenshot_2022-12-02-18-39-31-74_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
I wish you all a lovely weekend and hereby raise a toast to you. Let's see if it's good. Cheers!
View attachment 23405
Wow! You really know how to make wine. And only from this one vine. Wow again. Even the French can't do that with their Syrah (aka Shiraz) - as I know. Hats off!
Small Pot 😅
___
She has given me a lot of pleasure 🤗

Anyone watch the Ginger and the Whinger on Netflix ?

I didn't need to watch it as this is the very moment (2 years ago) when I realised they were both a couple of arseholes

MailOnline Australia - news, sport, celebrity, science and health stories
By LAUREN FRUEN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 13:03 AEDT, 17 July 2020

Meghan 'won't take her beloved rescue Bogart back because he doesn't like Prince Harry' - three years after leaving him in Canada when she moved to UK​

• The couple already have two dogs, including Meghan's other rescue, beagle Guy
  • Meghan was said to have been left devastated when when she was forced to leave Bogart in Toronto when she moved to the UK to live with Harry in 2017
  • Now a source says she is unlikely to take him back as he 'doesn't like Harry'
  • Animal lover Meghan has previously said Guy and Bogart 'mean the absolute world' to her and has referred to them as 'my loves' and 'my boys'
  • Meghan and Harry adopted black Labrador Oz in London in 2018, and he and Guy were flown to Canada after the couple stepped back from royal duties

I mean seriously

1) That is one very perceptive dog .........""he doesn't like Prince Harry'"
2) What sort of arsehole leaves their dog behind ?

Coolbeans

What sort of arsehole believes everything they read in the paper!

TentCity

Regular
Gee - we really need some more announcements if we have to resort to talk about Meghan and Harry’s pooches on the TLG thread :ROFLMAO:

I found it quite interesting that Renascor (RNU) decided to raise additional capital via Insto’s, when most people were expecting a big strategic investment/binding offtake deal with POSCO. Pure speculation on my part, but i suspect POSCO was playing hardball for their financial investment and wanted a cheap entry price/favourable offtake terms.

Instead, RNU are now going to build the mine and concentrator first to sell graphite concentrate to generate cash flow into what they describe a tight supply market & expected price increase for graphite concentrate. They will eventually transition to selling PSG, but have given themselves an alternative/staged process of entering the market & likely be able to negotiate better terms for their PSG as graphite eventually goes into deficit in 2023.

There may be some parallels with Talga as I know both companies are trying to structure their offtake deals with customers to ensure they benefit from the predicted price upside for graphite/PSG/anodes and likely being met with significant resistance from customers.

Talga does need to lock in binding offtakes to unlock strategic funding options including the European Investment Bank, so I can’t see them following suit. So, perhaps the next best option to get it over the line is to compromise slightly on price, but reduce the length of the contract period so they have the ability for returns to catch up to the predicted increase in the spot price.

All hypothetical and hopefully it is just a case of Lawyers cocking their legs on the contracts, taking extra time.

• Fire
  • Haha
  • Haha
Wow! You really know how to make wine. And only from this one vine. Wow again. Even the French can't do that with their Syrah (aka Shiraz) - as I know. Hats off!
Small Pot 😅
___
She has given me a lot of pleasure 🤗
The reason you like the Syrah or Shiraz is because it is from McLaren Vale in South Australia. I get 90% of my Syrah from there and by the way the wine industry in South Australia was very much pioneered by your own people.

Ever heard of Hahndorf ?

In December 1838, 38 Lutheran families (fleeing persecution from Prussia and East Germany) arrived in Adelaide aboard a ship called the Zebra, which as captained by a Dane called Captain Hahn. Captain Hahn negotiated on behalf of the German families and secured a lease of 60 hectares of land in the surrounding Adelaide Hills. It was a 2 month walk to reach their new home and in early 1839 they founded their settlement. Nestled in the Adelaide hills, the area mimics the beautiful scenery, weather and feel of their homeland - Germany. In honour of their Danish sea captain they named the town Hahndorf (Hahn’s village).

About the Wine

The Yangarra “Small Pot” wines have received huge reviews in recent years and with never more than 300 dozen made, they are invariably snapped by savvy buyers quick smart.

The 2014 Small Pot Whole Bunch Shiraz is one of the best in the stunning Yangarra portfolio. It received a staggering 97 points from James Halliday who described it thus, "The balance is such that drinking it now is no crime, however far into the distant future the wine will run.".

With 25% whole bunch pressings, hand-picked fruit that is carefully double-sorted for quality control and plunged by hand, this is a raw yet pristine example of McLaren Vale terroir at its absolute best! Better hurry, wines like this are never around for long.

Last edited:
  • Love

Semmel

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire

cosors

👀
The reason you like the Syrah or Shiraz is because it is from McLaren Vale in South Australia. I get 90% of my Syrah from there and by the way the wine industry in South Australia was very much pioneered by your own people.

Ever heard of Hahndorf ?

In December 1838, 38 Lutheran families (fleeing persecution from Prussia and East Germany) arrived in Adelaide aboard a ship called the Zebra, which as captained by a Dane called Captain Hahn. Captain Hahn negotiated on behalf of the German families and secured a lease of 60 hectares of land in the surrounding Adelaide Hills. It was a 2 month walk to reach their new home and in early 1839 they founded their settlement. Nestled in the Adelaide hills, the area mimics the beautiful scenery, weather and feel of their homeland - Germany. In honour of their Danish sea captain they named the town Hahndorf (Hahn’s village).

About the Wine

The Yangarra “Small Pot” wines have received huge reviews in recent years and with never more than 300 dozen made, they are invariably snapped by savvy buyers quick smart.

The 2014 Small Pot Whole Bunch Shiraz is one of the best in the stunning Yangarra portfolio. It received a staggering 97 points from James Halliday who described it thus, "The balance is such that drinking it now is no crime, however far into the distant future the wine will run.".

With 25% whole bunch pressings, hand-picked fruit that is carefully double-sorted for quality control and plunged by hand, this is a raw yet pristine example of McLaren Vale terroir at its absolute best! Better hurry, wines like this are never around for long.

Wow, very interesting and thanks for the insight!
Later I'll get the next Australian red wine to test from my little shop to start the weekend.
The Australian shopkeeper is quite cute, he got stranded in my town by chance as he says himself and never came back. But his heart is completely in Australia. He built this shop to bridge this gap.

I had no idea that I had picked such a good wine from his small but fine selection. According to him, it was a/his single bottle. And that's all too understandable after your article. I noticed that the bottle was older. But for the price it had a screw cap, which is very unusual in that price range. So I wasn't quite sure if it had survived the years. But the seller just looked at me in disbelief. So give it to me! 🤗

Let's see what other treasures he has. I don't have any reservations or fear of touching or walking around such things forever or keeping them forever. Open and test and enjoy. That's what they are for and life is too short. If I always wait for the right moment, life rushes by without you noticing. Celebrate in the here and now. So here's to another try later!
He also has lots of other weird stuff like spreads or even fresh stuff like some kind of pie. Very often with mint, that seems to be the British influence.

I am very surprised but on the other hand it is also normal or explainable that German settlers also settled in Australia. Here, we generally only know the British past. I didn't know about the Prussians, to whom my ancestors also belong, without that having any meaning.
Thank you very much for your information! I will now take a closer look. I admit that the region around Adelaide and the city itself is rather unknown to me, even though I know the name of course. There is a lot to discover! It's also a bit of a passion of mine to explore it with e.g. Google Maps or your information as a seed and start for a trip to the region.
For me this is real intercultural exchange and shows that this forum can be much more than just money. If someone like you is willing to do that. I think that's brilliant!

I'll take some photos of other things in the shop and ask you and the others here what else you can recommend. And I'll tell the shopkeepet today how the wine was. He really wanted to know who and why drinks especially this bottle. But that won't be his only good drop, as I've already discovered 😉

By the way, your adult ketchup - the one with the crocodile - is also a discovery for me and it immediately became my new standard favourite ketchup, I love that stuff!

So, enough texting I have to start working and I have to be patient with the weekend. But anticipation is the best.
I wish you a nice weekend, have a good time and don't wait for the right opportunity to do so. The time is made for here and now. But for red wine it's a bit to early for me 😅

• Love
Top Bottom