Technology, Resource and Mining

Semmel

Regular
Yeah, they should really move that thing out of the way. Maybe they can get around it if they move the operation underground?
What makes me wonder is the lack of discussion from Talga on the topic. They could say: "we can't alter the plans without restarting the approval effort. So our solution is to build the mine as planned and demolish the buildings at the end of mine life to make space for the east deposit."
Or maybe
"We are looking into relocating the buildings to add the east deposit to our ongoing mine. This does not impact the approval process in a meaningful way, we only have to update a few planning documents and approvals for the building and access roads"

Or any other sensible option. I mean, they have to react somehow or this ore is lost and drilling it was a waste of time and money.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Coolbeans

I feel there is lots of things Talga could be saying within the rules ! Extremely frustrating if you really understand what Talga is probably going to do in the next few years. They don't throw the word "global" around for fun. I guess loose lips sink ships so MT keeping it on the low is a good thing and makes me more excited for when they do decide to talk, but I don't believe all the offtakes will be made public, hope I'm wrong. My guess is EVERYONE is waiting for permits. And when they come, if the SP drops I'll be on a fecking flight to jump out over the ocean without a parachute screaming fuck you Talga.

Reactions: 1 users

Coolbeans

No pressure MT , and each announcement for the last 2 years has been a absolute shit show for the SP!! SHIT SHOW. But I still fully believe, rant over .. just disappointing again! We need something juicy mate soon or beach will be celebrating his 1 dollar price target over on the most corrupted forum that is hot shitshow copper.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Micreg

Regular
No pressure MT , and each announcement for the last 2 years has been a absolute shit show for the SP!! SHIT SHOW. But I still fully believe, rant over .. just disappointing again! We need something juicy mate soon or beach will be celebrating his 1 dollar price target over on the most corrupted forum that is hot shitshow copper.
I feel there is lots of things Talga could be saying within the rules ! Extremely frustrating if you really understand what Talga is probably going to do in the next few years. They don't throw the word "global" around for fun. I guess loose lips sink ships so MT keeping it on the low is a good thing and makes me more excited for when they do decide to talk, but I don't believe all the offtakes will be made public, hope I'm wrong. My guess is EVERYONE is waiting for permits. And when they come, if the SP drops I'll be on a fecking flight to jump out over the ocean without a parachute screaming fuck you Talga.
I often think the lack of newsflow to investors is almost all down to the sensitivities linked to mining permits in Sweden and confidentiality clauses with potential offtakes. But I agree with you that the company could probably have given us some more, rules-based information.

Long-term investors with money going nowhere to backwards cannot live on breadcrumbs alone forever.

That said, MT’s vision is grand. He’s one brave man - finding that monster of a resource and then doggedly value adding over many years.

IMO don’t jump off a cliff even if the (expected) permitting approval doesn’t inspire an immediate SP spike. The company is under the radar, and the beach has been hard at work on hotcrapper to repel retail investors.

My tolerance is permits + 3 months.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
I agree with you @Micreg even though I think it may take longer than 3 months from now. The inicial inspection and hearing will take place on September 20.
"The main hearing of the case will be held at a later date."

I imagine that all interested parties will meet and their objections will be presented. It would be mentioned that it has a casual character. I further imagine that after this day and with this informations the court goes into the last consultation. Maybe it will take another two months.

But...
in my imagination I'm completely wrong with this estimation and they drive together over to the mine so that the chief of Bergstaaten complies with the ceremony and simply opens the mine and afterwards there are sandwiches, drinks and handkerchiefs 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

TentCity

Regular
I agree with you @Micreg even though I think it may take longer than 3 months from now. The inicial inspection and hearing will take place on September 20.
"The main hearing of the case will be held at a later date."

I imagine that all interested parties will meet and their objections will be presented. It would be mentioned that it has a casual character. I further imagine that after this day and with this informations the court goes into the last consultation. Maybe it will take another two months.

But...
in my imagination I'm completely wrong with this estimation and they drive together over to the mine so that the chief of Bergstaaten complies with the ceremony and simply opens the mine and afterwards there are sandwiches, drinks and handkerchiefs 😂
This year is flying…..September 20 feels a lot further away, but is just over 2 months away! So not much longer to wait really.

I’m hoping the time gap between the site visit and the Court hearing is as short as possible to give Talga the best possible chance to get into production in 2024. With supply chains being as stretched as they are, it will be hard to build without delays due to shipping times blowing out and i imagine they’ll need to source certain equipment out of Japan/China.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
This year is flying…..September 20 feels a lot further away, but is just over 2 months away! So not much longer to wait really.

I’m hoping the time gap between the site visit and the Court hearing is as short as possible to give Talga the best possible chance to get into production in 2024. With supply chains being as stretched as they are, it will be hard to build without delays due to shipping times blowing out and i imagine they’ll need to source certain equipment out of Japan/China.
I see it the same way and I also hope that it will happen quickly. I just wanted to make sure that none of us expects the decision on the 20th.

I know a little bit about how ~long it takes from order placement to a finished machine or equipment. Maybe the plants have to be commissioned already this year at least? I think the plants at the factory are custom-made and are not available off the shelf. I'm not sure about the crusher and concentrator. I'm still wondering if they will choose the same engineering company for the factory as for the pilot plant. Does anyone know the name?
And who will build the crusher and concentrator? And what of all this does ABB manufacture?

What is also not clear to me is whether they also need a building permit for the concentrator comparable to the factory. There is some more information on our Swedish page. I have uploaded planning documents for the factory in the home of TLG thread. I would be interested in such a document for the mine as well!

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly. We have speculated a lot why we haven't seen or heard our captain in the final. Maybe he has stage fright so close to the finish after all these years 😶‍🌫️

But maybe he just leaves the field to MP and acts from the background. I read again and again and how strongly Talga emphasises that they want to do everything locally, so that they want to be perceived as a part of Sweden.

take a look! https://www.talgagroup.com/sv/om-talga/nyheter/

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
We need to keep in mind that Europe needs its own supply of Graphite and Graphene. It simply is not cost effective to ship it in.

Based on that logic, it seems IMHO anyway, that permits should be a matter of course. The union will be shooting it’s battery industries and EV industries in the foot if they have to rely on graphite from outside the EU.

Surely recent supply chain woes are playing heavily on everyone’s minds at the moment. They are still real and cannot be ignored.

We can’t overlook the brilliance of Talga’s resources and the wealth they can bring—if properly utilised.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Everything always comes back to this one article in my research. It is referred to this article in many places, even at a major party. Anyway, just another snippet from the article. Do you recognize the location? I strongly suspect that it is exactly the spot where the blocks are cut out of the rock years ago. For me, the wording is going in the right direction.)

"In Vittangi, the battery boom is at its peak​

Here Talga will build an open pit.  In Nunasvaara south, Talga has also tested graphite.  The application for an environmental permit so far only applies to Nunasvaara south.  We have to start somewhere, says Peter French.

Here Talga will build an open pit. In Nunasvaara south, Talga has also tested graphite. The application for an environmental permit so far only applies to Nunasvaara south. "We have to start somewhere," says Peter French."
https://nsd.se/bli-prenumerant/artikel/r97o3oxl

cosors

👀
There is news from the mine and the processing. Talga seems to not want to store and crush the trial mining material on site and move that (before LKAB for storage and Finnland for crushing). Maybe to avoid trouble with the neighbors/Sami?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"SVAPPAVAARA 6:6, notification of change regarding activities subject to authorization

The Environment and Building Committee therefore decides

approve the notification as regards intermediate storage and crushing with the following precautions:

• Leachate must be treated when necessary. Guideline values equivalent to those applicable to leachate from the test pit
  • Crushed material must be protected from water ingress during storage
  • Crushing should take place during the bare soil period as far as possible to reduce the risk of disturbance of reindeer husbandry
Description of the case

Talga AB has notified a minor amendment to the test mining permit, concerning the storage and crushing of test mined ore.

Handling of the case

The company's application documents state that ore will be stored in a precipitation-protected mine pit approximately 2 km south of the planned test mining area until the next bare ground period or the year after. The company is now notifying a change regarding the possibility of intermediate storage of ore in an area approximately 25 km southwest of the company's operating area on the property Svappavaara 6:6, adjacent to Kulleribacken (SWEREF99 TM, N 7513701, E 758420).

In preparation for future test mining, Talga plans to store and, if necessary, crush material at this location. The ore stored at the site from the 2021 test mining is approximately 2,300 tonnes and will remain until the remaining permitted amount has been mined in 2022 or 2023, after which storage and crushing of the next round of test mining, approximately 22,700 tonnes in 2022 or 2023, is planned. The site has concrete pads that can be used for leachate collection and can be provided with leachate management that meets or exceeds permitted conditions.

Comments from interested parties

The Gabna and Laeva Sami communities have submitted comments on the notification. Gabna states, inter alia, that it opposes the notified amendment because the test mining is part of enabling future mining and that the transport may be detrimental to reindeer husbandry. Laevas Sameby argues that the area lies within the Sameby's annual grazing areas, but is used mainly for winter grazing. The area constitutes a narrow passage for the Sami village's reindeer to cross the E10 to get around Svappavaara mining area. The Sami village also has serious concerns about the impact of dust from loading and storage of mined ore. Both Sami communities object to the current notification and both are critical of the increased volume of transport.

Reason for decision

The administration estimates that the number of transports will not increase significantly compared to storage in a gravel pit next to Nunasvaaravägen. In any case, the transports are a consequence of the test mining, which is permitted, and not what is assessed in this notification. The quantities applied for in test mining are relatively small, which should not have any long-term consequences in terms of dust compared to, for example, crushing in quarries. The crushed ore is to be stored in storage tents on the concrete surfaces available on site. Overall, the handling and intermediate storage of test crushed ore at Kulleribacken is considered to have a positive environmental impact in terms of emissions management. As far as possible, crushing will not take place during the winter period, which should reduce possible disturbance to reindeer husbandry. The area in question was previously used for gravel extraction and military stores.

The Environment and Building Administration proposes that the Environment and Building Committee decides to

approve the notification as regards intermediate storage and crushing with the following precautions:

• Leachate must be treated when necessary. Guideline values equivalent to those for leachate from test mining.
  • Crushed material must be protected from water ingress during storage.
  • Crushing shall, as far as possible, take place during the bare soil period to reduce the risk of disturbance of reindeer husbandry.
Motions and decision-making

Recommendations of the Board

=> the administration's proposal is approved

=> The Board decides in accordance with Sten Nylén's proposal."
https://kiruna.se/download/18.4186b40418002ba89c3190dc/1650967352588/PROTOKOLL MOB 2022-04-13 PUBLICERAD.pdf
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A comparison with the plot map (https://minkarta.lantmateriet.se/) shows the position here (N 7513701, E 758420): https://www.google.com/maps/search/Kulleribacken/@67.6234832,21.0939704,1047m/data=!3m1!1e3

My thoughts on the matter:

- Again solved a problem and one step further!
- This solution was proposed by Talga to come towards the Sami. Of course, they also have a problem with this because they fear that this can no longer be stopped.
- The district administration gives Talga the OK to proceed in this way and does not accept Sami's objections! They enable.
- My assessment of the situation and shared land use with the Sami seems to be correct. See the long first post in our bar. (by the way, it's boring so alone. It's time for a party)
- We do the crushing and no longer drive it to Finland and back. This is a step forward in the process.
- This seems to apply only to trial mining.

What do you guys think about this?
Now the picture from the AGM presentation has at least clarified that Talga is indeed using the site for the declared purpose. (Such a hall also costs money, in case anyone wonders why so much has melted recently.)

The company's application documents state that ore will be stored in a precipitation-protected mine pit approximately 2 km south of the planned test mining area until the next bare ground period or the year after. The company is now notifying a change regarding the possibility of intermediate storage of ore in an area approximately 25 km southwest of the company's operating area on the property Svappavaara 6:6, adjacent to Kulleribacken (SWEREF99 TM, N 7513701, E 758420).
https://goo.gl/maps/ewfpmMHPGH2MRW6Q8
ore stockpile.png
After reading @WheresTheMonkey article I wonder whether the crushed material is still being transported to Belgium for purification. Maybe the equipment is so special and expensive that it can only be paid for with the project financing. For me it remains strange that the pictures of the purification plants I had seen in one of the presentations corresponded exactly to the hall of GTK Finland. But why should a major newspaper explicitly mention Belgium? Perhaps GTK's capacities were no longer sufficient for tons of test material. We will find out in time.

cosors

👀
Can you @Semmel retroactively rename the thread to something like 'Technology, Resource and Mining'? So that we don't open another thread about Talga's battery technology and to keep the infos in one place instead of spreading it across threads.. Here is a snippet in an other topic. We are listed at Chalmers University as a partner for graphene. I can't find a concrete project we are involved in there yet but maybe that will come. Below you can find the topics about which we are connected to Vinnova.
Just to archive the info. This is the first time I've seen us listed here:

CHALMERS

"Partners​

https://www.chalmers.se/centrum/2d-tech/partners/

"CHALMERS

2D-Tech​

2D material-based technology for industrial applications (2D-TECH) is a Vinnova competence center hosted at the Chalmers University of Technology. A competitive Swedish hub for excellent 2D materials research and technological innovation. We bring together the key players from industry and research.

some news:

13 April 2023
Breakthrough in magnetic quantum material paves way for ultra-fast sustainable computers

The discovery of new quantum materials with magnetic propert...
research, energy, grafen/2D

13 April 2023
Pioneering research on nanoelectronics with 2D quantum materials awarded

Saroj Dash, Professor at Quantum Device Physics, is awarded...
research, energy, physics

16 March 2023
Anamul Hoque and Agin Vyas awarded PhD prizes

"This recognition will embolden me to continue with my resea...

..."
https://www.chalmers.se/en/current/...s.name,news.categories.name,tags.name=2D+Tech

With us it's probably about:

"Call:
Collaboration for commercial applications of graphene spring 2022
Project partners: SHT Smart High-Tech, Chalmers University of Technology, Talga Resources,
Project leader: Tongchang Zhou, SHT Smart High-Tech
Project form: feasibility study
Grant: SEK 300 000
Project duration: June 2022 - March 2023
Related areas of strength:

Development of enhanced thermal interface materials for electronics and power module cooling application
Summary

The growing interest in graphene-enhanced products demand in the application industries, including electronics, energy storage, composites and coatings, and bio-medical technologies, is likely to fuel the rapid growth of the industry. The goal of the feasibility study is to develop new graphene-enhanced thermal interface materials (TIMs) using different types of high-quality and low-cost graphene raw materials, and verify the performance for electronics cooling applications. We use Talga’s graphene raw materials, a local Swedish graphene supplier, for further making innovative thermal interface products at SHT Smart High-Tech AB (SHT).

Project partners: In this study, Talga ABs focus is to tailor-make graphene material supply to meet requirements of SHT. Talga will produce and supply various forms of graphene materials (varying in purity, chemical functionalization and number of layers) for the benchmark test. SHT has the role of coordinating and using Talga’s graphene to produce various thermal interface products for electronics cooling applications. Chalmers University of Technology contributes to micro structural and thermal characterization and analysis of the graphene materials and of SHT TIMs. The project also aims to find and form a strong stakeholder network among the end users for continued research work for a larger project, if positive results are obtained."
https://siografen.se/project/utveck...aterial-for-elektronik-och-kraftmodulkylning/

"Technology | 16 June 2022

Smart High Tech receives Vinnova funding​

Smart High Tech AB has received funding for two new research projects from Vinnova within the Siografen program.​

One program takes place together with Volvo Lastvagnar AB to develop heat-conducting graphene-reinforced product solutions for application in the automotive industry.
The second program is about developing new ways of producing graphene as a constituent material in the core product of Smart High Tech, ie graphene-reinforced interface material (Thermal interface Material), the so-called TIM. The project involves the Australian-based mining company Talga, which owns a graphite mine in Vittangi in Kiruna municipality, which according to the company's surveys is one of the world's most high-quality graphite deposits, it can be read in a press release.
The projects are in the first stage of the development work. The goal is that if the results turn out well, new applications will be submitted at the end of the year or at the beginning of next year to carry out more complete research and development work in each project. The projects' total budget is SEK 1.2 million.

"The news is gratifying because it gives Smart High Tech the opportunity to work close to the automotive industry and to ensure the supply chain in the local environment," says Lars Almhem, chief operating officer at Smart High Tech."
https://evertiq.se/news/42366"
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/tlg-discussion-2022.7072/post-88260

But I've stumbled across Vinnova before:

Three projects for a resilient and sustainable Swedish industry​

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/sweden-home-of-tlgs-graphite-mine-s.31382/post-280775

or the Climb thing...

• Love

Semmel

Regular
Can you @Semmel retroactively rename the thread to something like 'Technology, Resource and Mining'? So that we don't open another thread about Talga's battery technology and to keep the infos in one place instead of spreading it across threads.. Here is a snippet in an other topic. We are listed at Chalmers University as a partner for graphene. I can't find a concrete project we are involved in there yet but maybe that will come. Below you can find the topics about which we are connected to Vinnova.
Just to archive the info. This is the first time I've seen us listed here:

CHALMERS

"Partners​

https://www.chalmers.se/centrum/2d-tech/partners/

"CHALMERS

2D-Tech​

2D material-based technology for industrial applications (2D-TECH) is a Vinnova competence center hosted at the Chalmers University of Technology. A competitive Swedish hub for excellent 2D materials research and technological innovation. We bring together the key players from industry and research.

some news:

13 April 2023
Breakthrough in magnetic quantum material paves way for ultra-fast sustainable computers

The discovery of new quantum materials with magnetic propert...
research, energy, grafen/2D

13 April 2023
Pioneering research on nanoelectronics with 2D quantum materials awarded

Saroj Dash, Professor at Quantum Device Physics, is awarded...
research, energy, physics

16 March 2023
Anamul Hoque and Agin Vyas awarded PhD prizes

"This recognition will embolden me to continue with my resea...

..."
https://www.chalmers.se/en/current/news/?news.organisations.name,news.categories.name,tags.name=2D+Tech

With us it's probably about:

"Call:
Collaboration for commercial applications of graphene spring 2022
Project partners: SHT Smart High-Tech, Chalmers University of Technology, Talga Resources,
Project leader: Tongchang Zhou, SHT Smart High-Tech
Project form: feasibility study
Grant: SEK 300 000
Project duration: June 2022 - March 2023
Related areas of strength:

Development of enhanced thermal interface materials for electronics and power module cooling application
Summary

The growing interest in graphene-enhanced products demand in the application industries, including electronics, energy storage, composites and coatings, and bio-medical technologies, is likely to fuel the rapid growth of the industry. The goal of the feasibility study is to develop new graphene-enhanced thermal interface materials (TIMs) using different types of high-quality and low-cost graphene raw materials, and verify the performance for electronics cooling applications. We use Talga’s graphene raw materials, a local Swedish graphene supplier, for further making innovative thermal interface products at SHT Smart High-Tech AB (SHT).

Project partners: In this study, Talga ABs focus is to tailor-make graphene material supply to meet requirements of SHT. Talga will produce and supply various forms of graphene materials (varying in purity, chemical functionalization and number of layers) for the benchmark test. SHT has the role of coordinating and using Talga’s graphene to produce various thermal interface products for electronics cooling applications. Chalmers University of Technology contributes to micro structural and thermal characterization and analysis of the graphene materials and of SHT TIMs. The project also aims to find and form a strong stakeholder network among the end users for continued research work for a larger project, if positive results are obtained."
https://siografen.se/project/utveck...aterial-for-elektronik-och-kraftmodulkylning/

"Technology | 16 June 2022

Smart High Tech receives Vinnova funding​

Smart High Tech AB has received funding for two new research projects from Vinnova within the Siografen program.​

One program takes place together with Volvo Lastvagnar AB to develop heat-conducting graphene-reinforced product solutions for application in the automotive industry.
The second program is about developing new ways of producing graphene as a constituent material in the core product of Smart High Tech, ie graphene-reinforced interface material (Thermal interface Material), the so-called TIM. The project involves the Australian-based mining company Talga, which owns a graphite mine in Vittangi in Kiruna municipality, which according to the company's surveys is one of the world's most high-quality graphite deposits, it can be read in a press release.
The projects are in the first stage of the development work. The goal is that if the results turn out well, new applications will be submitted at the end of the year or at the beginning of next year to carry out more complete research and development work in each project. The projects' total budget is SEK 1.2 million.

https://evertiq.se/news/42366"
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/tlg-discussion-2022.7072/post-88260

But I've stumbled across Vinnova before:

Three projects for a resilient and sustainable Swedish industry​

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/sweden-home-of-tlgs-graphite-mine-s.31382/post-280775

or the Climb thing...

Didn't have time to read all this just now but renamed the thread. Good catch! I'll discuss battery tech later hopefully with @Proga as it's still interesting and hot, but too much restrictions at moment.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
The company Orexplore has not yet been mentioned here therefore for the archive:
https://www.orexplore.com/

"Orexplore is unlocking value in critical mineral operations around the world. We’re providing customers with previously unavailable information and helping them identify and classify their mineralisation more effectively.

We are demonstrating commercial traction by making great strides in developing solutions for three graphite and rare-earth producers, with Green Critical Minerals Ltd (ASX:GCM) and Northern Minerals having recently placed orders for additional core scanning services.

With GCM, we're scanning graphite-bearing drill core and providing ore sorting solutions, grade proxy modelling, and emerging graphitic flake analysis. At Northern Minerals, we're optimizing ore sorting and developing a proof of concept for operational grade control by scanning rare-earth bearing drill cores and crushed samples.

To enhance our capabilities, Orexplore's R&D team is collaborating with Talga Group and Uppsala University in Sweden to advance graphite concentration estimation. We're also proud to announce our involvement in the ULiBS project which is funded by the strategic innovation program Swedish Mining Innovation, a joint venture by Vinnova, Formas, a Swedish Research Council for Sustainable Development and the Swedish Energy Agency (grant no. 2022-03373). Through this project, we're partnering with Uppsala University and a Swedish lithium producer to further develop our lithium core scanning technologies.

Furthermore, we have successfully delivered solutions to nickel and cobalt producers and are actively engaged with multiple clients on copper resources.

Our GeoCore X10® core scanning technology perfectly caters to the demands of the critical minerals industry. It enables us to provide comprehensive solutions for ore sorting, sample optimisation, geochemical/ mineral proxies, and grade control, with more solutions in development.

At Orexplore, our expansion into critical minerals aligns seamlessly with our company's ESG goals. We are thrilled to play a role in helping our clients deliver the minerals required for the global energy transition towards clean energy technologies.

For more information visit https://bit.ly/3CSws0b, "
https://au.linkedin.com/company/orexplore-technologies

• Fire

cosors

👀
Just a reminder in case some have forgotten. I am curious to see what will become of this innovative concept.

Bentley reveals OCTOPUS electric powertrain project​

August 21, 2020
1689146959217.png

https://mikebrewermotoring.com/news/bentley-reveals-octopus-electric-powertrain-project/

5 May 2023

"OCTOPUS: Optimised Components, Test and simulatiOn toolkits for Powertrains which integrate Ultra high speed motor Solutions​

Lead Participant: Advanced Electric Machines Limited

Funded Period: Dec. 19 - March 23

Funder: Innovate UK

Abstract​

"OCTOPUS builds on the success of previous Innovate UK project APEX.

**Advanced Electric Motors Research** and **The Thinking Pod innovations** will focus optimising the integrated motor and power electronics 'drive' technology and further integrating with a new transmission and thermal management system to deliver the ultimate single unit e-axle solution designed specifically to meet **Bentley Motors** performance specifications.

OCTOPUS will use the world class synchrotron and high performance computing systems available from the **Science & Technology Facilities Council** to build new multi-physics modelling solutions and expertise of the **University of Nottingham** to build power electronics modelling solutions and validate them with test data generated by 'looking through' the motor while its running at its maximum operating speed of 30,000rpm.

The prototype e-axle, manufactured by **Advanced Electric Machines** at their expanded manufacturing facility in Washington Tyne & Wear, will be tested to OEM Design Verification (DV) standards using the latest testing solutions and test specifications developed using both **University of Bath** and Bentley Motors vast powertrain testing experience, ensuring that it comes out of the project ready to be considered for a vehicle programme.

Looking beyond the next generation, OCTOPUS will develop a suite of technologies which target the 2035 Auto Council performance targets by integrating the latest thinking in Additive Manufacturing and nano-material technologies. **Hieta Technologies** will deliver beyond state of the art thermal management and lighweighting solutions in both the motor and transmission while **Talga Resources** UK will develop materials for high performance motor windings delivering an aluminium based solution which will aim to out perform copper.

By working on these technologies alongside the core e-axle design, OCTOPUS will aim to accelerate and focus their development with a view to incorporating successful elements into the testing and prototype units, laying the foundations for future design verification programmes.

At the end of OCTOPUS the project team will deliver:

* **An e-axle prototype** incorporating the latest magnet free motor, wide band gap power electronics and lightweight transmission systems, tested to OEM DV standards using a new test protocol proven on next generation test facilities
* **A new multi-physics simulation modelling toolkit** incorporating electromagnetic, mechanical, thermal and NVH solvers operating simultaneously, validated by a never before demonstrated x-ray analysis technique
* **Next generation lightweight high performance component systems**, integrating the latest material and manufacturing techniques and tested at component, sub-system and system level and with an integration route into future e-axle designs""
https://gtr.ukri.org/projects?ref=105389#/tabOverview

This information is not about the money, of course, but about the fact that Talga is involved in one of the most exciting projects for an electric motor. I find the mention of aluminium in our context interesting. Do they want to make a material from aluminium plus graphene to replace copper? So not pure graphene? Maybe pure graphene is too brittle?

We are also involved here:

The Faraday Institution​

Together with the rest of the Faraday Challenge, the FIHQ will push research through to commercialisation to attract inward investment in the form of two gigafactories (or equivalent) in the UK by 2030 and £10bn's of value for the UK from cell/ pack manufacture.
https://gtr.ukri.org/projects?ref=EP/S003053/1#/tabOverview

Last edited:
  • Fire

cosors

👀
That immediately reminded me of another thing and the coating or Talcoat. See a recent photo and the best one ever taken.
And compare the results!
It looks like a complete success to me!!!

1689147497564.png

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/tlg-discussion-2022.7072/post-229545

and here:
Date Taken: 2023-06-16 15:37

ROBIN4.png

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/photos/of/ships/shipid:757937/shipname:ROBIN 4?order=date_uploaded

ROBIN4_2.png

Look for the white vertical mark and below to the left and right of it. There is hardly any rust on the red surface on the left!

Last edited:
  • Wow

Monkeymandan

Regular
That immediately reminded me of another thing and the coating or Talcoat. See a recent photo and the best one ever taken. I hope it is the right ROBIN (4 vs 2).

And compare the results!
It looks like a complete success to me!!!

View attachment 39740
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/tlg-discussion-2022.7072/post-229545

and here:
Date Taken: 2023-06-16 15:37

View attachment 39741
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/photos/of/ships/shipid:757937/shipname:ROBIN 4?order=date_uploaded
Look for the white vertical mark and below to the left and right of it. There is hardly any rust on the red surface on the left!
Where the hell do you find this stuff?!

I’ve marked up the photo with the area Talcoat treatment. Sure does look to be effective…

Attachments

• 6F84F6E9-E80A-4453-AC7F-3C4038E2146B.png
    6F84F6E9-E80A-4453-AC7F-3C4038E2146B.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 50

cosors

👀
Have you seen this before?
Here all our links to R&D projets with other institutions and companies funded by the EU are visualised on an interactive map. WoW!

CORDIS.png

👉 https://cordis.europa.eu/datalab/datalab.php?lv=fr&oid=898933630👈

Simply type in Talga at the top right, choose one of the three options, press the red marker and follow the blue lines to the destination. Do you know Circa Group?
I think this is about the Cyrene project. Seems much bigger than I thought. https://www.cbe.europa.eu/projects/resolute

CORDIS_2.png

CORDIS_3.png
CORDIS_4.png

I am impressed! Who is bored with this can be researched for weeks. So many companies and connections I didn't know about!
You can do research:
- TALGA BATTERY METALS AB
- TALGA AB
- TALGA ADVANCED MATERIALS GMBH

The maps do not show commercial connections but research connections and funded prjojects by the EU.

Exploration Information System EIS​

Project description​

New mapping to prioritise mineral prospective areas​

Mineral prospectivity mapping is a data-driven or knowledge-driven approach used to make better use of mineral exploration data. It helps outline and prioritise prospective areas for exploring undiscovered mineral deposits. The EU-funded EIS project will develop new data analysis methods. Specifically, it will merge artificial intelligence, machine learning and deep learning, with new geomodels and mineral systems modelling. This will reduce exploration costs and improve the accuracy of the targeting of the early phase exploration. EIS aims also to emphasise the importance of critical raw materials to the EU's economy and welfare. Bringing together 17 partners from across the EU and South Africa and Brazil, the consortium represents the metal-producing regions.
Participant
TALGA BATTERY METALS AB
C/O INTERTRUST (SWEDEN) AB
103 25 STOCKHOLM
Sweden
https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/101057357

Eliminating VOC from Battery manufacturing through dry or wet processing​

Project description​

Eliminating the use of volatile organic compounds in electric vehicle batteries​

Improvements in battery technology are necessary to drive forward the electric vehicle (EV) industry in Europe. The EU-funded NoVOC project plans to design two competitive cell-manufacturing technologies for automotive batteries: dry and wet cell. Researchers will manufacture automotive cells in two formats – pouch and cylindrical – at a fraction of the current costs of cell manufacturing. Importantly, the cells will contain no toxic organic solvents.
Participant
TALGA AB
SODRA KUNGSGATAN 5B
103 25 Stockholm
Sweden
https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/101069612

HIGH PERFORMING AND SAFE SOLVENT DERIVED FROM CELLULOSIC FEEDSTOCKS​

Project description​

A promising biorenewable solvent moves toward mass production capability​

Many chemicals are manufactured and stored in powder form, and taking advantage of them in reactions requires dissolving them in some sort of solution. Thus, solvents are critical to the chemical sector and to industries that rely on chemicals including the pharmaceutical sector. Dipolar aprotic solvents came into prominence in the 1960s with their ability to greatly enhance reactions, sometimes more than 100-fold, relative to common solvents like water and ethanol. However, many of these are facing increasing regulation due to their toxicity, and greener solutions are desperately needed. Cyrene is a biorenewable solvent whose production from cellulose also provides another valorisation pathway for the paper and pulp industries. EU funding of the ReSolute project is supporting the construction and operation of the first biorefinery dedicated to Cyrene mass production.
Participant
TALGA ADVANCED MATERIALS GMBH
PROF HERMANN KLARE STRASSE 25
07407 Rudolstadt
Germany
https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/887674

Last edited:
  • Fire

cosors

👀
Where the hell do you find this stuff?!

I’ve marked up the photo with the area Talcoat treatment. Sure does look to be effective…
I regularly check Marinetraffic for ROBIN 4 and 2 and whether they are in dry dock in Turkey. There is a huge photo ship fan community who also share their latest shots on Marinetraffic. And this photo is new and I didn't know it yet. All you have to do is press on the ship and the photo and off you go.

ROBIN 4
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:757937/zoom:10

ROBIN 2
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:757843/zoom:14

I am personally connected or coated with this as I have gone down the rabbit hole with my research. I even called the shipping company 😅
It was an odyssey and I still don't know for sure whether both ships, i.e. 2 and 4, or only 4 or only 2. At some point I gave up. You just have to make sure that they are the Robins that are currently flying the Liberian flag. It is part of the business of the shipping companies to disguise everything a bit to save taxes. I had bitten into it a bit too much.

Last edited:
  • Haha

JNRB

Regular
Copied straight across from HC, thought I'd share here too:
------------------------
Was just trying to see if I could find some useful references on graphite use by industry/type and came across this great chart from visual capitalist showing the flowchart for graphite processing.

A lot of Talga's "competitors" only go to the Purified Spherical Graphite stage.
Even if you go right to the end of the chart - Coated Purified Spherical Graphite - it's worth keeping in mind that this is still not actually a battery anode!
There is a huge amount of work after this step to create, test, and qualify an anode product. This is also where the biggest increase is in product/sales value.

This is why Talga is not comparable to just another miner, or even a miner working on PSG.

https://elements.visualcapitalist.com/graphite-essential-material-in-battery-supply-chain/

1689750652910.png

• Love

cosors

👀
Copied straight across from HC, thought I'd share here too:
------------------------
Was just trying to see if I could find some useful references on graphite use by industry/type and came across this great chart from visual capitalist showing the flowchart for graphite processing.

A lot of Talga's "competitors" only go to the Purified Spherical Graphite stage.
Even if you go right to the end of the chart - Coated Purified Spherical Graphite - it's worth keeping in mind that this is still not actually a battery anode!
There is a huge amount of work after this step to create, test, and qualify an anode product. This is also where the biggest increase is in product/sales value.

This is why Talga is not comparable to just another miner, or even a miner working on PSG.

https://elements.visualcapitalist.com/graphite-essential-material-in-battery-supply-chain/

View attachment 40319
Actually, I like the page. Sometimes they have nice graphics.

I have something here for the archive, a map about mineral rights. Our neighbour is Northern X Scandinavia AB. Their rights even overlap slightly with ours. Not really interesting and it's not easy to find your way around the maps if you can't orient well. So just for boredom and filing.
https://apps.sgu.se/kartvisare/

Northern X AB.png

1689760330281.png

Jalkunen.png

Masugnsbyrn.png

Lautakoski.png

Raitajärvi.png

We seem to have given away or sold Pajala. I don't know.

This is my mistake or a mistake on Talga's part on the overview map (see above). There is another Pajala and it corresponds to our Jalkunen:
m2.png

And the rights at Pitea have expired. Side note: Intrepid also had many rights there. I really only know them from Moab USA with potash. Anson has its claims to the north.

Aitik East Project (3/5)

"Survey Permit Sourravaara No. 5

On June 9, 2023, the Bergsstaten has decided to grant Talga Battery Metals AB an exploration permit for the area Sourravaara no. 5 in Gällivare municipality in Norrbotten county" https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/permits.4987/post-311110
Sourravaara.png

caesium, gold, cobalt, copper, lithium, molybdenum, silver, tantalum, bismuth ?!
I would also try to take it.

Kiskamvaara.png

We even have rights I didn't know about:
Vathanvaara.png

For further information:
https://announcements.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20121204/pdf/42bq6r8c0tp6q5.pdf

Also for the archive:
"Perth-based Talga acquired mining rights from Teck Resources, a Canadian company that was looking for copper and gold rather than graphite."
https://www.smh.com.au/business/com...us-from-gold-to-graphite-20160531-gp8cb9.html

"The Company successfully acquired TCL Sweden Limited, (“TCL”) a subsidiary of Teck Resources Limited (“Teck”) to take 100% ownership of nine Swedish graphite, iron and copper/gold projects including the high-grade Nunasvaara graphite deposit.
During the period Talga exercised an option to purchase all of the issued shares of Teck Resources Limited wholly owned Canadian subsidiary, TCL Sweden Ltd, for US $433,500 in cash leaving a 1% Net Smelter Royalty (“NSR”) on mineral production due to Teck and 2% NSR to previous owner, Phelps Dodge on selected permits."
https://announcements.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20120731/pdf/427rw86hk5zphd.pdf

So far, MJT has just now upped his personal ante a little more than thirty-onefold. Didn't know his name is also James.

@WheresTheMonkey that reminds me of the Alaska deal ;)

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Top Bottom