Sweden, home of TLGs graphite mine(s)

cosors

👀
I found it in a roundabout way.
Reminds me of the green party and its desire to close Cementa, i.e. no more concrete. Some argued at the time that it should be built with recycled materials and wood.
From the Lulean Facebook page:
View attachment 49171
View attachment 49170
View attachment 49165
View attachment 49162
View attachment 49163
View attachment 49164

View attachment 49166
View attachment 49167
View attachment 49168
View attachment 49169
from the QR 4/23

1706695873030.png

Subsequent to the quarter, stage one groundworks were completed on time and on budget with local contractor NYAB.
:)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
Ohh thank god a sensible, local (!!) IT company from the look of things. Only minimal BS, and no mention of AI supported garbage. I am not familiar with them at all, but the fact that the announcement is missing almost all the typical IT trechnobabel bullshit is very encouraging. Hopefully they have their horses in order, as it is substantial work to run the IT of a factory.
Here is an overview of Rejlers who will build Talga's IT infrastructure.
pdf

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
@Pharvest and @beserk
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/sweden-home-of-tlgs-graphite-mine-s.31382/post-254548
1706867461203.png

Take a look at the activities of

1706862152499.png

1706862217574.png

He really seems to be very interested in Volvo.
@beserk are you still with us?

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

cosors

👀
18. Januar 2024

"Message from SVK: More electricity for the Luleå region​

Svenska kraftnät (SVK) announces that it will increase the allocation of electricity in the Luleå area by 500 megawatts.
- This is a very gratifying announcement that is decisive for the industries' investments in Luleå, says Luleå's municipal councilor Carina Sammeli (S).
1706885892587.png

Malin Larsson at Luleå Energi believes that the announcement from Svenska kraftnät about increased power allocation creates the conditions for investment decisions to be made in Luleå.
Electricity supply is an important part of the industry's green transition and for society's transition towards reduced climate impact in Luleå. This creates the conditions for reduced dependence on fossil-based energy for industrial production, but also a change in, for example, transport.
- Many have worked very hard for this, not least Luleå Energi, who through their work with the Luleå model made it obvious that old ways of working around power allocation and electricity network expansion were not adapted to the major change that is now underway. Optimization has not previously been necessary, but now it is absolutely crucial for the region's growth and competitiveness, says Carina Sammeli.

Luleå Energi is positive about the announcement​

On Wednesday, Svenska kraftnät announced an additional allocation of 500 megawatts to the industrial investments in the Luleå region. Something that has been made possible through in-depth analyses, adaptations in operation and more detailed information about the connections in the area.
- We take a very positive view of Svenska kraftnät's announcement. Increased power allocation is an absolute prerequisite for the transition in the Luleå region. According to Svenska kraftnät, the needs are much greater and now it remains to be seen how far we will get when the regional grid owners start talks with the industry partners, says Malin Larsson, CEO of Luleå Energi.
500 MW roughly corresponds to the electricity consumption of two cities the size of Uppsala. But what does it mean concretely for Luleå?
- The changeover in Luleå has a major impact on the growth and competitiveness of the whole of Sweden. The announcement from Svenska kraftnät creates the conditions for investment decisions to be made in Luleå, says Malin Larsson.

FACTS

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
Another article behind a PW.
I don't understand what the title is supposed to tell us. Perhaps it alludes to the party's internal conflict between the government and local politicians in Kiruna. Just a guess. I think the newspaper belongs to this party.
Then the realisation openly in the newspaper I read in the Swedish press I think for the first time, mining better than shipping from China ;)

"The court's decision is likely to weigh heavily on S

Mining natural graphite in Vittangi is probably a better option than importing synthetic graphite from China
Editorial 4 February 2024 16:01
On 11 September 2023, a glamorous party was held at Hertsöfältet in Luleå. Local councillor Carina Sammeli (S), county councillor Lotta Finstorp, Labour Minister Johan Pehrson (L) and many others were present when the ground was broken for Europe's first battery anode factory - an important building block for the green reindustrialisation of northern Sweden."

And I fished this passage out of the article via Google:
"In the picture, Talga describes its operations. The graphite will be mined in Vittangi, processed at a plant in Luleå and thenshipped out from the harbour in the same city."

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
1707915042050.png

Do you have experience in large, multidisciplinary projects in industry or critical infrastructure? Are you attracted by the opportunity to work in a key position where you get a great opportunity to be involved and influence. Do you thrive best in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial and international context? Then maybe the role of Engineer Manager is something for you!

Join us and write history together with Talga where your contribution makes a difference and where you become part of the journey towards enabling the world's most sustainable batteries and consumer products.

About the service

Talga has been established in Luleå for a number of years, today there is an innovation and pilot plant where lab tests are carried out while waiting for the establishment of the factory which is planned to be ready within the next few years. The factory will be unique in its kind and will be able to supply 19,500 tons of finished anode material annually, enabling the production of 400,000 electric cars.

As Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of projects, to ensure the design is delivered and commissioned. In addition, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for coordinating communication and collaboration between engineering disciplines, as well as with construction, procurement and contractors.

The Engineering Manager will ensure product quality and that the approved technical designs meet the required standards and specifications. This also means evaluation and procurement of suppliers.

Examples of tasks:

• Coordination and oversight of technical disciplines and relevant project stakeholders to define project specifications and ensure technical project execution
  • Technical representation for internal stakeholders, contractors and suppliers
  • Oversee Talgas' HSE, quality policy and contractual commitments
  • Cost saving initiatives by proposing optimized technical solutions
  • Risk and change management, scheduling and execution, budget compliance
The service includes travel both within Sweden and Europe. The position starts from the office in Luleå and reports to the Head of Project.

Is this you?

To succeed in the role, you have experience from a multidisciplinary role from critical buildings or in industrial projects, preferably large projects. As experience from the process industry is highly meritorious, this is highly valued. It is advantageous if you have experience from a leading position. It is also advantageous if you have a higher education with a focus on technology.

You express yourself freely in English and Swedish.

We attach great importance to your personal qualities, you are a driven, initiative and self-motivated person with a good ability to prioritize, organize and complete. Furthermore, you are a relationship builder who thrives on meeting new people and cultures. You are a flexible person who thrives in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial and international environment.

Do you want to know more?

In this recruitment, Talga collaborates with Level Recruitment. Please apply for the position by clicking the "apply" button next to this. If you have any questions, please contact recruitment consultant Louisa Torstensson on 08-120 50 423. The selection of applications takes place continuously. Welcome with your application!

Keywords: installation, project manager, design, technical manager, supplier assurance, quality"

Reactions: 4 users

BlackBeak

View attachment 56876

Do you have experience in large, multidisciplinary projects in industry or critical infrastructure? Are you attracted by the opportunity to work in a key position where you get a great opportunity to be involved and influence. Do you thrive best in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial and international context? Then maybe the role of Engineer Manager is something for you!

Join us and write history together with Talga where your contribution makes a difference and where you become part of the journey towards enabling the world's most sustainable batteries and consumer products.

About the service

Talga has been established in Luleå for a number of years, today there is an innovation and pilot plant where lab tests are carried out while waiting for the establishment of the factory which is planned to be ready within the next few years. The factory will be unique in its kind and will be able to supply 19,500 tons of finished anode material annually, enabling the production of 400,000 electric cars.

As Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of projects, to ensure the design is delivered and commissioned. In addition, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for coordinating communication and collaboration between engineering disciplines, as well as with construction, procurement and contractors.

The Engineering Manager will ensure product quality and that the approved technical designs meet the required standards and specifications. This also means evaluation and procurement of suppliers.

Examples of tasks:

• Coordination and oversight of technical disciplines and relevant project stakeholders to define project specifications and ensure technical project execution
  • Technical representation for internal stakeholders, contractors and suppliers
  • Oversee Talgas' HSE, quality policy and contractual commitments
  • Cost saving initiatives by proposing optimized technical solutions
  • Risk and change management, scheduling and execution, budget compliance
The service includes travel both within Sweden and Europe. The position starts from the office in Luleå and reports to the Head of Project.

Is this you?

To succeed in the role, you have experience from a multidisciplinary role from critical buildings or in industrial projects, preferably large projects. As experience from the process industry is highly meritorious, this is highly valued. It is advantageous if you have experience from a leading position. It is also advantageous if you have a higher education with a focus on technology.

You express yourself freely in English and Swedish.

We attach great importance to your personal qualities, you are a driven, initiative and self-motivated person with a good ability to prioritize, organize and complete. Furthermore, you are a relationship builder who thrives on meeting new people and cultures. You are a flexible person who thrives in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial and international environment.

Do you want to know more?

In this recruitment, Talga collaborates with Level Recruitment. Please apply for the position by clicking the "apply" button next to this. If you have any questions, please contact recruitment consultant Louisa Torstensson on 08-120 50 423. The selection of applications takes place continuously. Welcome with your application!

Keywords: installation, project manager, design, technical manager, supplier assurance, quality"

Interesting comment regarding being finished in the next few years. It’s supposed to be finished by the start of 2025? Either that’s just the start of commissioning and it’s expected to take a few years to complete, or maybe it’s in reference to the planned expansions, which weren’t originally planned to take place until 2027-28?

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀
Interesting comment regarding being finished in the next few years. It’s supposed to be finished by the start of 2025? Either that’s just the start of commissioning and it’s expected to take a few years to complete, or maybe it’s in reference to the planned expansions, which weren’t originally planned to take place until 2027-28?
What counts for me is this external assessment.

Talga Group Ltd: Breaking Even in Two Years with Sustainable Battery Materials

By 2025, the factory will be up and running. That's my assumption. Only MP and MT know the details of the expansion, I think.

BlackBeak

What counts for me is this external assessment.

Talga Group Ltd: Breaking Even in Two Years with Sustainable Battery Materials

By 2025, the factory will be up and running. That's my assumption. Only MP and MT know the details of the expansion, I think.
I read that and to be honest dismissed the article having any merit. There were too many buzz words and fluff in there without hard numbers which just makes me think it was auto-generated click bait unfortunately. A lot of “wow Talga are massive awesome green company gogo”, but why? How?

Like they don’t say why Talga were running at a loss (building factory, running the pilot plant). They don’t say how they got to their numbers, seems plucked out of thin air. My calculations for 19,500t anode gives much more net profit than they’re suggesting.

So unfortunately for me, that was an empty, feel good article. Not complaining about the good publicity by the way, just that I take that article with a pinch of salt

Reactions: 3 users

Semmel

Regular
Yes, but the numbers that are in the article seem correct. In 2026, we will not produce at full capacity. If we start at some point during 2025 ( which is quite ambitious) then 2026 will see the ramp. Meaning we can be lucky if accumulated we get to 10kt Talnode-C that year. Company will grow too and probably have almost full cost of full production, but only getting out half the product. If we are lucky we will have 4000$/t profit, probably less. 10kt * $4k/kt = $40M which is about the number of the article. Also talga will have some overhead on administration etc, which will rise too. So we are looking at cash flow positive but not the profit we expect for full production. It's going to be good regardless.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
I read that and to be honest dismissed the article having any merit. There were too many buzz words and fluff in there without hard numbers which just makes me think it was auto-generated click bait unfortunately. A lot of “wow Talga are massive awesome green company gogo”, but why? How?

Like they don’t say why Talga were running at a loss (building factory, running the pilot plant). They don’t say how they got to their numbers, seems plucked out of thin air. My calculations for 19,500t anode gives much more net profit than they’re suggesting.

So unfortunately for me, that was an empty, feel good article. Not complaining about the good publicity by the way, just that I take that article with a pinch of salt
I apologise if I misunderstood your original question. I couldn't deduce anything from the article you referred to that would make me think about whether or not it was about an extension.
This second article you criticise is bold and short and not a Pitt Steet report. Nevertheless, it is the first one that makes a risk-minimised recommendation to buy I have read. I read through the About BNN and saw that the author is backing it with his name, so I went to Wiki to see who they are.
For me this is routine because of the BRN group. I strongly suspect there were such Ai generated feel-good articles that give you exactly what the reader wants to find in the WWW; never anything concretely new. Ai can't do that reliably. There are little snippets here. There is 2026 ready and running, ok nothing impressive, but I like it. There is a figure for a profit in 2026, whether this is correct or not is for others to judge. But an Ai can't make it up, wouldn't know how. There is a growth rate even an interpretation that generated Ai is still struggling with. The conclusion that the 40% will not burden the retailers/shareholders. If that is generated then it is really well done and smarter than GPT as far as I can tell. Perhaps it was pimped?

Please excuse me if I have not followed your interpretation from this job advertisement correctly. I couldn't find anything that would lead me to believe that Talga could have this factory up and running in less than a year. And I also apologise if I have actually fished out an article from a generative Ai. I thought I had checked it sufficiently. But these are uncertain times. I'll do my best.
When it comes to interpreting numbers in the future and prospecting, I'd rather hand over to others here. I simply like profit and not just talking about turnover. As the headline suggests, a lightning start. There's not even any concrete on the ground. The summers are short and there is so much to do. I am excited! So far everything looks good and I personally hope that the approval of the three production lines will perhaps even take place at the turn of 25/26, as it did last time with the EV, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire

cosors

👀
I couldn't find anything new in a quick skim. But if you are interested in the background to Swedish mineral supply in line with EU requirements, this could be an interesting report for you. Talga is mentioned.

IVA - Report: Challenges in meeting the growing demand for metals and minerals
1707981070680.png

Myanmar corresponds to China.

Last edited:

cosors

👀
08 February 2024
1707981906179.png

"Volvo Cars is to establish a new innovation center in Torslanda​

A new innovation center in Torslanda in Gothenburg will make it possible for the vehicle manufacturer Volvo Cars to test new technology for a future society.​

The venture, which goes by the name Mobility Innovation Destination Torslanda, is a continuation of Volvo Car's electrification journey and development of the next generation of premium electric cars, the vehicle manufacturer states in a press release.
It should make it possible to test new technology in an environment designed to mimic a future society that the cars will be a part of.
Volvo Cars further states that, alongside new buildings and facilities for testing, construction and materials, they also plan to expand their campus in Torslanda to house startups and business partners.
"With this initiative, we want to create an ecosystem where we can develop the mobility of the future, including cars, the technology in them and the infrastructure around them, all hand in hand," says Jim Rowan, CEO of Volvo Cars.
Rowan continues:
"Our ambition is to pioneer technology, attract global talent and connect with other pioneering companies.""

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

BlackBeak

I apologise if I misunderstood your original question. I couldn't deduce anything from the article you referred to that would make me think about whether or not it was about an extension.
This second article you criticise is bold and short and not a Pitt Steet report. Nevertheless, it is the first one that makes a risk-minimised recommendation to buy I have read. I read through the About BNN and saw that the author is backing it with his name, so I went to Wiki to see who they are.
For me this is routine because of the BRN group. I strongly suspect there were such Ai generated feel-good articles that give you exactly what the reader wants to find in the WWW; never anything concretely new. Ai can't do that reliably. There are little snippets here. There is 2026 ready and running, ok nothing impressive, but I like it. There is a figure for a profit in 2026, whether this is correct or not is for others to judge. But an Ai can't make it up, wouldn't know how. There is a growth rate even an interpretation that generated Ai is still struggling with. The conclusion that the 40% will not burden the retailers/shareholders. If that is generated then it is really well done and smarter than GPT as far as I can tell. Perhaps it was pimped?

Please excuse me if I have not followed your interpretation from this job advertisement correctly. I couldn't find anything that would lead me to believe that Talga could have this factory up and running in less than a year. And I also apologise if I have actually fished out an article from a generative Ai. I thought I had checked it sufficiently. But these are uncertain times. I'll do my best.
When it comes to interpreting numbers in the future and prospecting, I'd rather hand over to others here. I simply like profit and not just talking about turnover. As the headline suggests, a lightning start. There's not even any concrete on the ground. The summers are short and there is so much to do. I am excited! So far everything looks good and I personally hope that the approval of the three production lines will perhaps even take place at the turn of 25/26, as it did last time with the EV, if I remember correctly.
Oh I love your work cosors!

Regarding the job advertisement, I thought Talga had been talking about end of 2024 / beginning of 2025 for the plant to be up and running. But this part makes me think not this year or next, so 2026 at the earliest: “while waiting for the establishment of the factory which is planned to be ready within the next few years”

BlackBeak

Oh I love your work cosors!

Regarding the job advertisement, I thought Talga had been talking about end of 2024 / beginning of 2025 for the plant to be up and running. But this part makes me think not this year or next, so 2026 at the earliest: “while waiting for the establishment of the factory which is planned to be ready within the next few years”
For example, first article I found mentioned spring 2025 for production: https://northswedenbusiness.com/news/2023/september/groundbreaking-for-talga/

To me that’s the disconnect, why doesn’t the job posting mention it will be complete next years, instead of a few years?

It’s something I don’t ever remember seeing either, a ramp up time to full production. I’ve always assumed we’d start at full capacity of 19,500t/year, which is why I think “a few years” also includes expansion, or we are starting off smaller to begin with, but I’ve never seen that plan. To me 19,500 is our start to ramp up to 100ktpa+.

Maybe this is where those profit numbers might make sense, if they have inside info about our ramp times, but I don’t see why they would.

cosors

👀
I'll make a point here. What someone wants to find and for whatever reason. Are we there yet 😅

• Haha

cosors

👀
Talga now has an office in Kiruna. It has just been opened in a small ceremony. According to the photos, it is right in the new centre where the EU Congress took place. So it is a worthy new office for Eva Nordmark the new Non-Executive Director.

5d
"This week, Talga AB held a board meeting in Kiruna, and we took the opportunity to inaugurate our new office with the board and the team in Kiruna."
1708349542353.jpeg

1708349554614.jpeg

1708349567025.jpeg

1708349580907.jpeg

1708349593737.jpeg

1708349601345.jpeg

Google maps

I think the employees on site will feel at home, it looks pretty good and EN looks happy and proud.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

cosors

👀
Just some local press.

"Skating competitions can also be a growth policy​

1708610605920.png

Since 2017, the winter ice in the north has become a basis for increased sports tourism in the region. Then, for the first time, a large number of skate-crazy Dutch people were attracted to Luleå to be able to carry out their competitions on winter ice and under good conditions.

1708610651468.png

It was Ylva Strutz, the People's Party (which is now called the Liberals), who started pushing the demand to make a walking path on the winter ice in the harbor areas in central Luleå. Exactly 20 years ago, her exercise also became a reality.

1708610676071.png

Former municipal councillor Niklas Nordström (centre) welcomed Bram Smallenbroek (to the right in the picture) and the Dutch skating competitions to Luleå in 2017. Also pictured is the cold expert Anders Linné.

Schaatsen creates added value for Luleå and Norrbotten.​

It was Ylva Strutz, the Liberal Party (now called the Liberals), who began to push for a promenade on the winter ice in the harbor areas in central Luleå. Exactly 20 years ago, her exercise also became a reality.

During these 20 years, the winter roads have meant a lot for the quality of life and public health in Luleå. On fine spring-winter days, thousands of people head out on the ice to walk, take a ride with the kick sled or go skiing.

Since 2017, the winter ice in the north has also contributed to increased sports tourism in the region. For the first time, a large number of Dutch skate-crazy people were attracted to Luleå to be able to carry out their competitions on winter ice and in good conditions in northern Sweden.

Nowadays, these skating competitions are part of the traditions in Luleå at the end of February. 2024 is no exception. On Thursday morning, the starting shot went off in Södra hamn for the first of several races in Schaatsen Luleå 2024 .

It is an event that is worth its weight in gold for the municipality and the local business community. The sports tourists from the Netherlands mean money spent on accommodation, restaurants and shopping, which means more jobs and more local income.

To this should be added the exposure that Norrbotten receives in the Dutch mass media. The TV broadcasts from the skating competitions are usually watched by between two and three million people in the country.

Perhaps it also means that some Central Europeans will open their eyes to the green new industrialisation in Norrbotten and be attracted by an exciting future job at LKAB, SSAB, Vattenfall, Talga or H2 Green Steel. Plus the opportunities to live in a region with a nice living environment and good conditions for children and young people to grow up in.

However, one thing is certain: winter roads are a wise welfare and growth policy. They have been a joy to the local population while creating a foundation for jobs and development.

Ylva Strutz – who passed away in 2016, only 68 years old – made a contribution of great importance to Luleå."

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
"Luleå municipality and Talga may soon sign a letter of intent – something that will meet the battery node manufacturer's future needs and enable an expansion of their facility."
that's done:
protocol
1709028235467.png

"Summary of the case Talga AB is building a European supply chain for battery nodes from natural graphite.
At Hertsöfältet in Luleå Industrial Park, production of battery node material is planned. The facility will be groundbreaking as the first full-scale factory in Europe to supply the rapidly growing battery and electric vehicle industry with natural battery anodes. The municipality is the property owner of land at Hertsöfältet/Luleå Indu- stripark, which is adjacent to Talga AB's property Hertsön 11:1010 with an area of 10 ha intended for a battery anode factory, see Appendix 1 of the letter of intent.
Over time, the possibility of expanding the land area has been discussed to meet Talga AB's future needs and enable an expansion of their facility. In light of the above, and to express the parties' common interest in Talga AB's future opportunity to expand and develop the project in Luleå, Talga AB and the municipality intend to enter into a letter of intent. The purpose of this letter of intent is to express the parties' joint interest in the project's ability to develop and expand directly adjacent to the land currently acquired by Talga AB. The parties will also jointly review the possibilities if this area can be expanded in connection with ongoing detailed planning work, and further discuss conditions for a possible acquisition or lease of land. The parties agree on a common goal to work towards concluding a land allocation agreement for suitable land.
The declaration of intent is valid until the earliest of:
1. Signing of a land allocation agreement or
2. 31 December 2025

The Community Development Committee has 2024-01-29 § 5 proposed that the Municipal Board decide to approve the declaration of intent with Talga AB according to appendix KLF Hid: 2024.601 and to give the municipal director the right to sign it.

The meeting
The chairman puts the proposal of the urban development committee under proposal and finds that the municipal board approves the proposal.

Dialogue:
Dialogue has been conducted within the municipal government administration and the infrastructure and service administration, Luleå Business Region, Luleå Energi AB, Luleå Hamn AB, Luleå Kommunföretag AB and with Talga AB."

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

JNRB

Regular
They intend to enter into a letter of intent...

European bureaucratic dawdling/waffling at its finest

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom