Media

BlackBeak

Regular
From the FAQ page here: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/qanda_24_5424

If we fit into the "general" decarbonisation large-scale topic, these projects receive on average €120m each!

View attachment 71742
But we could also fit here, which is only €64m on average:

1729771454422.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Semmel

Regular
Any grant of either size would be fantastic and eliminate some of the pain caused by political and court delays. I would consider it payment for damages by the political/judicial system for not making decisions fast enough.. anyway, let's hope we get any of this!

Reactions: 3 users
This is objectively v good news today.

I've started accumulating a position again because 40c seems like a good entry given this news. Starting small because the market's underwhelming reaction to this is keeping me hesitant.

There still doesn't seem to be a lot of confidence that Talga can deliver this project. I would expect a €70MM grant to send this above 50c.
If the full €70MM is awarded this = approximately 30% of equity capex funded and a significant reduction in future dilution.
Why isn't there stronger buying here?
The market must be thinking like me: we need more solid progress to regain trust and confidence in the company.

Positive tailwinds
  • EV market picking up again (see TSLA overnight)
  • EU exchange rates falling (debt funding cheaper)
  • Enviro permit case progressing through the SC
  • Local issues progressing. The Green Acceleration office seems to be effective

Concerns
  • Banking the €70MM is not a certainty. I've reviewed previous EU innovation grants and about 93% of projects make it from "grant preparation" phase to signing (source: 30 of 32 signed & 15 of 16 signed). I don't know why projects failed at the last hurdle.
  • Anode pricing & state of NG market is not recovering yet
  • State of the EU battery manufacturing industry (a mess)
  • Lack of news on Tal-Si (I think there is a possibility this is a fizzer)

Top Bottom