IXR General Discussion 2022

Bray

Regular
Anyone had a chance to read through it yet, I’m about 14 hours off having the chance to go through it

Remark

Top 20
There's a post on the Crapper from @LeonidasBellas regarding a Chinese company called Yaan Xinkuang entering a partnership with a company involved in rare earth element separation & refining - also recycling permanent magnets...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pr...g-separation-technology-company/00292011/amp/

Sounds a lot like the technology patented by SerenTech (now Ionictech) - owned by IXR.

The post number on the Crapper is 66868173.

Interesting stuff after today's selloff.

Reactions: 1 users
There's a post on the Crapper from @LeonidasBellas regarding a Chinese company called Yaan Xinkuang entering a partnership with a company involved in rare earth element separation & refining - also recycling permanent magnets...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pr...g-separation-technology-company/00292011/amp/

Sounds a lot like the technology patented by SerenTech (now Ionictech) - owned by IXR.

The post number on the Crapper is 66868173.

Interesting stuff after today's selloff.
Would be an interesting question to ask during the Web forum Wednesday.

Winenut

Go AVZ!
You gotta wonder why the SP keeps going backwards! :oops:

• Thinking

Remark

Top 20
You gotta wonder why the SP keeps going backwards! :oops:
I think I'm getting a little paranoid.

I can't help thinking that the massive amount of shares sold yesterday was manufactured to trigger stop losses and create a bargain basement price entry for some entity.

I think I've held AVZ for too long and I've become a conspiracy theorist in the process 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I think I'm getting a little paranoid.

I can't help thinking that the massive amount of shares sold yesterday was manufactured to trigger stop losses and create a bargain basement price entry for some entity.

I think I've held AVZ for too long and I've become a conspiracy theorist in the process 🤣
You and me both!

• Haha

Frank

Top 20

Tesla’s vision of EVs without rare earths will spur magnet race

Tesla’s ambition to remove rare earths from future models has producers in the sector reeling, but it also should spur global efforts to deliver alternatives for electric car motors that currently rely on the materials.
blank.gif

Model 3 and Model Y powertrains have already reduced consumption of heavy rare earths by a quarter, and Tesla’s next drive unit includes a permanent magnet motor that doesn’t use any of the materials, Colin Campbell, vice president of powertrain engineering, said during the company’s investor day early this month.

The automaker is looking to keep driving down costs, avoid processes with environmental and health risks and reduce reliance on commodities that can be most susceptible to wild price swings.

Rare earths — which are used in magnets in everything from phones to wind turbines and fighter aircraft — have long been a pain point for automakers and the clean-energy sector, because of unpredictable prices and China’s tight grip on the supply chain. China accounts for around two-thirds of mining and 85% of refining of the materials.

The risks of reliance on Beijing were highlighted in 2010, when prices spiked on China’s decision to slash exports, and in 2019 and 2020 amid speculation that shipments could be limited again amid trade tensions with the US.

Other carmakers including BMW AG, Toyota Motor Corp. and General Motors Co. also have sought to reduce reliance on rare earths.
Shares of producers including JL Mag Rare-Earth Co. and Jiangsu Huahong Technology Stock Co. immediately sold off after Campbell’s comments, while Lynas Rare Earths Ltd. — the biggest producer of the materials outside China — is down about a quarter this month.

The lack of diversity in rare earth permanent magnet supply chains is “a key concern for the industry within the geopolitics of critical materials,” said Nils Backeberg, founder at London-based consultancy Project Blue.

“Use of cheaper — though less performance- and efficiency-focused — technologies is likely to become more widespread.”

One potential alternative could be ferrite magnets, made of iron and mixed with materials like barium and strontium, which are more widely available and cheaper, according to William Roberts, a senior research analyst at London-based consultancy Rho Motion.

GM has previously used these, and Japan-based Proterial Ltd. said in December it had developed motors using ferrite magnets that matched the performance of components using rare earths.

Minneapolis-based Niron Magnetics Inc., which has partnered with Volvo Car AB, last year won a $17.5 million US Energy Department grant to help scale up work on rare-earth free magnets that use iron nitride-based technology.

A team from the University of Cambridge and colleagues from Austria announced a new method to make tetrataenite, a possible replacement for rare-earth magnets, in a research paper published last year.

Ferrite magnets are the most likely candidate for Tesla’s innovation, research firm Adamas Intelligence Inc. said in a note, though the technology faces a challenge as it has traditionally come with a “significant weight or efficiency penalty.”

Existing rare earth-based motor systems also have a track record of efficiency, and demand for the materials in electric vehicles and renewables energy is forecast to surge.

About $3.8 billion of magnet rare earth oxides were consumed in energy-transition related applications in 2022, and the figure will reach more than $36 billion in 2035, Adamas forecasts.

mining.com/battery-metals

EU tags copper and nickel as strategic, but industry wants more

The European metals sector welcomed a move by the EU on Thursday to include copper and nickel as strategic materials for the first time and ensure speedier permits and easier access to capital, but said more could be done to secure supplies.

blank.gif
The Critical Raw Materials Act (CRMA) unveiled by the European Union adds the two major industrial metals to a list that had previously focused on more niche minerals such as cobalt, lithium and rare earths.

mining.com

APPIA SIGNS LETTER AGREEMENT TO ACQUIRE UP TO A 70% INTEREST IN A PROSPECTIVE BRAZILIAN RARE EARTHS IONIC CLAY PROJECT​

The Cachoeirinha Project (PCH Project) is located within the Tocantins Structural Province in the Brasília Fold Belt, more specifically, the Arenópolis Magmatic Arc.

The PCH Project is 17,551.07 ha. in size and located within the Goiás State of Brazil.

It is classified as an alkaline intrusive rock occurrence with highly anomalous REE and niobium mineralization.

This mineralization is related to alkaline lithologies of the Fazenda Buriti Plutonic Complex and the hydrothermal and surface alteration products of this complex by supergene enrichment in a tropical climate.

The positive results of the recent geochemical exploration work carried out to date indicates the potential for REE and Niobium within lateritic ionic adsorption clays.

Highlights:
  • Appia is very excited to have entered into the Letter Agreement to secure this high potential property in Brazil. Our target is Heavy REEs in ionic clays and if Appia is successful in identifying such a target, it would make Appia one of the few known critical REE companies in the world to have both light and heavy REE assets.
  • A number of professional consultants with direct ionic clay expertise have been contacted to bring together a project team suited for this specialized project.
  • Appia will take the next 90 days to complete its due diligence on the properties prior to finalizing this option agreement.

“Ionic adsorption clays are the main source of the critical rare earth permanent magnet metals, dysprosium and terbium,” stated Stephen Burega, President of Appia.

“Today China controls essentially all of the production of these metals, originally due to the exploitation of its own domestic extensive fields of ionic adsorption clays and now through the control of the same types of formations in Myanmar.

The production and use of dysprosium and terbium to modify rare earth permanent magnets so that they can withstand extreme temperature cycling without significant loss of magnetic strength is thus under Chinese control.”

He continued, “The best hope for non-Chinese manufacturers of rare earth permanent magnets for military and civilian use in high temperature (cycling) environments is the discovery and exploitation of ionic adsorption clays not under Chinese control.

This has already occurred in Brazil, where an American owned private company is bringing an ionic clay deposit into production. Its plan is to produce some 2000 tpa of the core magnet metals, neodymium and praseodymium, and 200 tpa of dysprosium by the end of 2026.”

“The non-Chinese global OEM manufacturing industry is in great need of non-Chinese controlled sources of rare earth magnetic materials,” stated Tom Drivas, CEO and Director of Appia.

“The most pressing need is for dysprosium and terbium. A new discovery of an ionic clay deposit in Brazil would be one of the most important events in non-Chinese rare earth sourcing in the last several years.”

Ionic clays produce the some of the cleanest heavy and light critical rare earths in the market, representing simple metallurgy, low or no radioactive exposure, and no crushing, milling, or tailings damn required for extraction.

mining.com

*Fyi, Call me Crazy, added another 200K of shares in IONIC RARE EARTHS LIMITED to my portfolio this week just for the hell of it :eek:

Plan to add more if "The Price is Right" (y)

GLTAH's

Cheers

Frank :cool:

*PS - Cmon' AVZ !!!

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users
Hello bastards! I see a few familiar names in here…

[this is my first post on IXR - how’d I go?]

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
The recording from the session that was on yesterday.

Frank

Top 20
I got a small parcel at .078, not sure if it is the bargain I was hunting for but happy to be aboard & have a punt on this one. :)

Dear Investor,
Your order to buy 50,000 IXR at 0.025 AUD was filled on 03/04/2023 at 12:57:28 PM.

And i thought that was Cheeky after :rolleyes:

Dear Investor,
Your order to buy 200,000 IXR at 0.028 AUD was filled on 20/03/2023 at 02:53:38 PM.

1680504289614.png

Hang in there Peeps / fellow SH's

Keep the Faith 🙏

Cheers

Frank

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Frank

Top 20
1681170846753.png

• Love

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Uganda and IXR showing how it "can" be done (unlike the DRC and their shafting of AVZ)

A very good step forward and another box ticked for the Makuutu Project

Would love to see confirmation of the ML

That would be very welcome news

Frank

Top 20

In 2010, China’s ‘weaponisation’ of rare earths sent prices into low orbit. Could it happen again​

• China is reportedly considering banning exports of various rare-earth magnet production and process/refining tech
  • In 2010 a diplomatic row with Japan saw Beijing throttle REE exports under the guise of protecting the environment; prices went parabolic for a short period
  • ASX REE stocks enjoyed a welcome boost on Tuesday

Our High Voltage column wraps all the news driving ASX stocks with exposure to lithium, cobalt, graphite, nickel, rare earths, manganese, magnesium, and vanadium.

China is reportedly considering banning exports of various rare-earth magnet production and process/refining tech in response to the US targeting its chip-making industry.

China is the world’s dominant miner, processor, refiner, importer and exporter of rare earths (REE) products, which are important in the production of many technologies we use today.

Neodymium and praseodymium (NdPr) are two REEs used in permanent magnets for electric vehicles and wind turbines, markets expected to drive a more than doubling in demand by 2030.

1681302620620.png

“Chinese officials are planning amendments to a technology export restriction list, which was last updated in 2020,” writes Nikkei Asia.

“The revisions would either ban or restrict exports of technology to process and refine rare-earth elements. There are also proposed provisions that would prohibit or limit exports of alloy tech for making high-performance magnets derived from rare earths.

“In all, there are 43 amendments or additions in the draft list first announced in December by the commerce and technology ministries.

“Officials have finished taking public comments from experts, and the changes are expected to go into force this year.”

Rare earths stocks on the ASX went for a run Tuesday in response.

Shades of 2010?​

China played a similar card in 2010, when a diplomatic row with Japan saw Beijing throttle REE exports under the guise of protecting the environment.

NdPr prices skyrocketed, and ASX stocks followed suit.

Pre-production Lynas, for example, went from $700m market cap in 2008 to a peak around $4.2bn in 2011.

Prices substantially retraced from late 2011, as did share prices, again at China’s behest.

China’s power over REE pricing prompted the US and other jurisdictions to try build out REE supply chains of their own.

Progress has been slow, with China still accounting for around 60% of world supply of rare earths oxides. Importantly it also dominates REE separation, a black art poorly understood by the West.

For example, the only commercial rare earth separation operation in Europe belongs to TSX listed Neo Performance Materials, while Lynas has been selected to build one in the US by the Dept of Defence.

There could be fun and games coming for the REE sector if China becomes more combative, Far East Capital analyst Warwick Grigor says.

A welcome boost for REE prices​

Chinese REE imports and exports have been strong, but prices have fallen at a similar rate to lithium in 2023.

The picture is of a market where demand is strong but sentiment is weak.

“The domestic rare earth mining quota has continued to increase steadily in 2023,” Shanghai Metals Market analysts said late March.

“At the same time, the imports of overseas rare earth also increased significantly.

“At the beginning of last week, under the influence of increasing inquiries, the transaction prices of rare earth picked up slightly.

“However, due to the weak downstream demand, most industry players were still pessimistic about the future market.”

1681302701326.png

Food for thought :unsure:

GLTAH's (y)

Cheers

Frank :cool:

Reactions: 3 users

Uglybob

Regular
Looks like a little more action today. Time to scrounge around behind the couch for a few grand.

Frank

Top 20

India’s rare earths miner eyes 400% expansion for clean energy

India’s sole rare-earths producer wants to boost its mining capacity by 400% in the coming decade to help the country lock in supplies of key minerals for its clean-energy transition.
blank.gif

State-owned IREL (India) Ltd. aims to mine 50 million tons a year of rare-earths bearing ore by end-2032, up from 10 million tons now, Chairman D. Singh said in an interview.

That would it allow it to produce 13,000 tons annually of refined rare earths, versus 5,000 tons at present.

Like other major economies, India is grappling with how to secure supplies of materials like rare earths and lithium that will be needed in bigger quantities in the shift away from fossil fuels.

Geopolitical tensions also mean there’s concern about China’s grip over commodities used in everything from electric vehicles to wind turbines.

“In future, the non-availability of these materials could hold back India from achieving its clean energy goals,” Singh said, while urging authorities to fast-track permits for the company’s planned new mines.

Building a domestic rare earths industry in India faces numerous challenges: from a historically cautious approach to mine permitting, to the low quality of ore and relatively undeveloped downstream capacity.

IREL’s own refineries are stuck at no more than 40% of capacity because there’s not enough mined ore to feed them, he said.

India holds the world’s fifth-biggest rare earths reserves but is a only a modest producer, according to US government data.

China dominance​

Singh also said he hoped the country could develop more downstream capacity for rare-earths, noting that this was key to China’s dominance of global activity.

“While mining, processing and refining capacity is available in India, the midstream and downstream segments in this sector are absent,” he said.

It would cost between 30 billion rupees ($365 million) and 50 billion rupees to develop downstream plants to absorb IREL’s planned output, he said.

At the moment, Toyotsu Rare Earths India Pvt., a unit of Japan’s Toyota Tsusho Corp., is the only private refiner, and takes concentrate supplied by IREL, Singh said.

The quality of ore in India presents a major challenge, with China’s ore grades often some 100 times higher than those present in India, according to Singh.

That makes processing more demanding and costly, he said.

When IREL tendered a few years ago for partners to build a downstream plant, there were no takers despite some initial interest.

IREL — a unit of India’s Department of Atomic Energy — was established in 1950 to process monazite that hold rare earths and thorium used in the nuclear industry.

It operates eight mines across the Indian states of Odisha, Tamil Nadu and Kerala, and is in the process of adding another three leases in the next four years.

www.mining.com/category/battery-metals/

Interesting there is an issue with comsec not displaying today's announcement. I think it has happened in the past, but apparently they are looking to fix it.

Screenshot_20230417_105523_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Anyone out there thinking about picking up a few more IXR at current levels??

I know it depends on availability of funds but it was interesting to see one of the directors Sufian Ahmad purchasing a few on market

Realistically what he has purchased is a pimple on a pumpkin compared to his overall shareholding but there's no reason for him to buy more at these levels unless he thinks it's a very good price and the upside is there

Just thoughts

Cheers

Frank

Top 20
Anyone out there thinking about picking up a few more IXR at current levels??

I know it depends on availability of funds but it was interesting to see one of the directors Sufian Ahmad purchasing a few on market

Realistically what he has purchased is a pimple on a pumpkin compared to his overall shareholding but there's no reason for him to buy more at these levels unless he thinks it's a very good price and the upside is there

Just thoughts

Cheers
Yes, definitely (y)

Can you lend me some 💰 💵 🪙

So i can Buy a Shit Load more Please :)

Tia :love:

Cheers

Andy :cool:

• Haha
  • Love

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Yes, definitely (y)

Can you lend me some 💰 💵 🪙

So i can Buy a Shit Load more Please :)

Tia :love:

Cheers

Andy :cool:

Not scared off investing in Africa yet? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Remark

Top 20
Not scared off investing in Africa yet? :ROFLMAO:
I'm tapped out at the moment but a good opportunity for the non risk averse amongst us😞

Top Bottom