BRN Discussion Ongoing

IloveLamp

Top 20
The Radiation-Hardened (RH) PIC64-HPSC RH is designed to give autonomous missions the local processing power to execute real-time tasks such as rover hazard avoidance on the Moon’s surface, while also enabling long-duration, deep-space missions like Mars expeditions requiring extremely low-power consumption while withstanding harsh space conditions.

1000016900.jpg

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

SiDEvans

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Frangipani

Regular
I'm somewhat confused, in regard to Edge Boxes.

Do we have the Brainchip " edge box " and the VVDN " edge box " i.e 2 separate functional devices, or are they one and the same device, but with distinctive branding, i.e. Brainchip " akida " Edge Box and VVDN " akida " Edge Box.

Please resolve this dilemma for me. Life at times, "on the edge" is just so hard to understand, 🙄;)

An early response, will improve the start to this day, immeasurably. TIA

Akida Ballista >>>>> Come on BRAINCHIP, just get moving will you - please - soon <<<<<
>>>>> Slowly - Slowly - Catcha the Monkey <<<<<

gltai

hotty...

Hi hotty4040,

they are one and the same device, and it looks as if the branding is identical, no matter whether the Akida Edge AI Boxes are purchased via the BrainChip webshop (for smaller volume orders, up to 10 or so - currently marked as “sold out”) or directly from VVDN (the Edge AI Boxes’ primary sales agent for higher volume orders, according to Sean Hehir at the AGM):

BDF5A4BD-5392-413F-B4A6-D35BC622247E.jpeg

Good Evening.....

Well our Edge-Box is due to be released to the public in the early part of this quarter, so I'm thinking late this month, very early into August.

About 4 weeks ago I decided to reach out to VVDN as, as others have pointed out, all you see on the VVDN homepage is Nvidia, Nvidia, Nvidia
no mention or promoting of the soon to be released Akida Edge AI Box.

My email was acknowledged but my questions posed remain unanswered, probably not unexpected I guess.

These really quiet periods do test ones resolve, trying to keep the negative thoughts at bay does get harder as the years tick by, so many
articles are being published now about neural nets and mimicking the human brain, latency, low power consumption, real time processing
on device, no cloud connectivity. security and privacy etc....I read these articles and think to myself, this is what Peter told me/us back in
2018/19...it's so yesterday, but here we are, still waiting, it just goes to prove that, we Brainchip, were or are still well ahead of the curve.

I'm still 100% convinced we will succeed, but...........................when.

Tech July 2024

Dance Glitch GIF by saidamagic

There does not appear to be a provision on the VVDN website for AKIDA Edge Box ordering.. Appears you can only order through the BRN shop. If the order is large according to Sean it gets referred to VVDN. According to the BRN inc shop they are sold out.
Their appears to be no advertising. I assume very few have been sold. Not sure what is going on.

That's a bit odd..
Has anyone asked Tony, why it's not listed on VVDN's website?

The only thing that really comes to mind, is that this is more of a test run, to gauge demand.
We know, there are only a limited number of AKD1000 chips and there are 2 per Edge Box.

Someone shared, that Tony said in an email, that it was hoped that VVDN would place an order for chips, if we ran out.

Showing "sold out" on our website, suggests all current chips are accounted for (which is possibly in the low thousands).
Or else there is some kind of delay or problem, which they want to address first, before allowing further orders to be placed.

Found the above web page only by googling - couldn’t see any link to it at all on their home page, not to mention any promo.
However, there is no Buy Now button to date, just one saying Enquire Now.

A bit odd indeed…

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

7für7

Regular
And here additional regarding tachyum

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Hi hotty4040,

they are one and the same device, and it looks as if the branding is identical, no matter whether the Akida Edge AI Boxes are purchased via the BrainChip webshop (for smaller volume orders, up to 10 or so - currently marked as “sold out”) or directly from VVDN (the Edge AI Boxes’ primary sales agent for higher volume orders, according to Sean Hehir at the AGM):

View attachment 66255

Found the above web page only by googling - couldn’t see any link to it at all on their home page, not to mention any promo.
However, there is no Buy Now button to date, just one saying Enquire Now.

A bit odd indeed…
"Found the above web page only by googling - couldn’t see any link to it at all on their home page, not to mention any promo.
However, there is no Buy Now button to date, just one saying Enquire Now"

Is that the case with all their products though?

I could only find the Nvidia edge box page, by Googling too..
(didn't try "real" hard on main website..)

And just in general, what's the story with BRN posting the Tachyum news folks??

Doesn't that deserve a bit of a "please explain"?..

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Kachoo

Regular
"Found the above web page only by googling - couldn’t see any link to it at all on their home page, not to mention any promo.

They are just liking the release. Possible that a partner of theirs is going to provide solutions to the final product.

It reads that they are talking about the software needed for the Data centre they are building.

But they liked past brain posts on Akida 2.0.

Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

200.gif

Roadmap To Neuromorphic Computing (Collaboration Of 27 Universities/Companies)​

JULY 9TH, 2024 - BY: TECHNICAL PAPER LINK
popularity

A technical paper titled “Roadmap to Neuromorphic Computing with Emerging Technologies” was published by researchers at University College London, Politecnico di Milano, Purdue University, ETH Zurich and numerous other institutions.

Summary:​

“The roadmap is organized into several thematic sections, outlining current computing challenges, discussing the neuromorphic computing approach, analyzing mature and currently utilized technologies, providing an overview of emerging technologies, addressing material challenges, exploring novel computing concepts, and finally examining the maturity level of emerging technologies while determining the next essential steps for their advancement.”

Find the technical paper here. Published July 2024.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

rgupta

Regular

I cannot confirm whether vvdn and brainchip sold some edge boxes from initial batches but I can confirm the new edge boxes will only be available by end of 2024.

rgupta

Regular

See the comments

ydqcau

Emerged
Last night on Brainchip's X, they posted this news of Tachyum.

1720567292799.png

About a year ago, Tachyum also posted Brainchip's achievement. Anyone know what is this about?
1720567402371.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

7für7

Regular

See the comments
T&J has multiple accounts in every social media platform… I bet this guys have even not order any product. But if they did, how can you order something without knowing what brainchip is communicating to their customers ?

• Thinking

JoMo68

Regular

View attachment 66266

Roadmap To Neuromorphic Computing (Collaboration Of 27 Universities/Companies)​

JULY 9TH, 2024 - BY: TECHNICAL PAPER LINK
popularity

A technical paper titled “Roadmap to Neuromorphic Computing with Emerging Technologies” was published by researchers at University College London, Politecnico di Milano, Purdue University, ETH Zurich and numerous other institutions.

Summary:​

“The roadmap is organized into several thematic sections, outlining current computing challenges, discussing the neuromorphic computing approach, analyzing mature and currently utilized technologies, providing an overview of emerging technologies, addressing material challenges, exploring novel computing concepts, and finally examining the maturity level of emerging technologies while determining the next essential steps for their advancement.”

Find the technical paper here. Published July 2024.

I couldn’t see us anywhere in here Bravo (unless I missed it in my skim reading) 🤔 The closest was Technion who we have a past association with?

rgupta

Regular
T&J has multiple accounts in every social media platform… I bet this guys have even not order any product. But if they did, how can you order something without knowing what brainchip is communicating to their customers ?
To me important is who make the answer and what is the answer. So yes edge box not till end 2024.
I assume market in already factoring that into sp. But there is definitely lack of communication with share holders here. We were told end of 23, then just after the AGM and now end 24.
Not a good looking picture to me as a holder.

Reactions: 7 users
And here additional regarding tachyum

If you search Tachyum on TSE, the name popped up and discussed back in like 2022 but was apparently shelved at the time with something TD replied to that someone on HC posted as per FFs post back then and I think Dio pointed out patent / tech differences.

At the time I was wondering more about a BRN to Rambus connection to Tachyum as per prev post and info there :unsure:

• Fire
  • Thinking

7für7

Regular
To me important is who make the answer and what is the answer. So yes edge box not till end 2024.
I assume market in already factoring that into sp. But there is definitely lack of communication with share holders here. We were told end of 23, then just after the AGM and now end 24.
Not a good looking picture to me as a holder.
Yes but at least they communicate it. (Define lack of communication) There are plenty of so called “companies” which don’t even respond or make updates. I mean what else they should do? In a complex process with complex technology shi(f)t happen IMO

Reactions: 4 users

rgupta

Regular
Yes but at least they communicate it. (Define lack of communication) There are plenty of so called “companies” which don’t even respond or make updates. I mean what else they should do? In a complex process with complex technology shi(f)t happen IMO
Unlike Mercedes announcement and renasas taping out announcement, this time it was started by brainchip about brainchip vvdn edge box. Sean had used that reference many times.
I assume they sell a few edge boxes before getting more orders but if that is not the case I would consider it management was lying to the market.
Even for a few days brainchip was taking orders @ 799 USD per box before showing sold out.
So let us wait and watch what company financials say about that and what management commentary of 4c tell us about that.

Reactions: 2 users

FJ-215

Regular
It can't be that complex. Pre-order was completed months ago.

1720574168227.png

No sure if it was the AGM but I thought that boxes would be delivered this quarter. Quarterly due in a few weeks so we should be updated then.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom