BRN Discussion Ongoing

White Horse

Regular
Hi All,
There is a new search engine that I learned of on THE Qube, called Perplexity.
I gave it a quick trial by asking, "Who is using Brainchip's Akida in their research."

https://www.perplexity.ai/search/Who-is-using-DxfQWL3eSmSOgg4RlmOdLQ

Now that's what I call refreshingly accurate.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Diogenes. Please translate…do you agree or do you not agree that DRP AI3 indeed utilizes our IP?

Can’t wait to translate your reply! 😂
Our N-of-M coding is based on the timing of activation spikes which arrive asynchronously. All spikes after the first N are discarded.

Renesas prunes the weights stored in memory in accordance with the amplitude value. They process the N largest values. N is selectable depending on required accuracy.

Now here's the rub - the timing of the activation spikes is based on the amplitude of the activation signals. Thus a similar result is obtained, but, as Ella says, "tain't what you do, it's the way that you do it!"

So, in retrospect, a similar principle underlies both techniques, but Renesas are not using our N-of-M coding in the white paper.

FN: I don't know if we use N:M to prune weights.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Well, who would've thought that a stroll around the block wouldn't solve all our problems? Maybe the stock price just needs a hefty dose of mosquito-infested mulch to really take off!.. or Maybe we should all start tending to our gardens to strengthen our portfolios And who knows, maybe your Hallux valgus will become the next fitness trend in the stock market world. Either way,…… FOLKS YOU HEAR IT! Start tending your garden!!!!
Brazilian?

SC

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Our N-of-M coding is based on the timing of activation spikes which arrive asynchronously. All spikes after the first N are discarded.

Renesas prunes the weights stored in memory in accordance with the amplitude value. They process the N largest values. N is selectable depending on required accuracy.

Now here's the rub - the timing of the activation spikes is based on the amplitude of the activation signals. Thus a similar result is obtained, but, as Ella says, "tain't what you do, it's the way that you do it!"

So, in retrospect, a similar principle underlies both techniques, but Renesas are not using our N-of-M coding in the white paper.

Maybe Renesas is doing this to lay the ground work for their new MCU with AKIDA + 22nm CMOS process with the integration of a software define radio, which is soon to be launched?

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users
Probably not the forum all so I apologise in advance.
Anyone tried testing out superfund maximum allocation of 20% in a single stock. Will they force sell if the stock price goes to $5 as the stock now makes up 80% of your portfolio. :rolleyes:
Mine doesn't

Reactions: 1 users

Beebo

Regular

Multiple choice question for Ella:
1. They licensed our IP only to cheat their way around it.
2. They licensed our IP and are using it
3. They licensed our IP, but it is still on the shelf.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
View attachment 58196

Arm's ecosystem looks a lot like Intel's ecosystem looks a lot like our ecosystem...IMO of course...

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 9.37.39 pm.png

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Bigal7425

Regular
Multiple choice question for Ella:
1. They licensed our IP only to cheat their way around it.
2. They licensed our IP and are using it
3. They licensed our IP, but it is still on the shelf.
I'm unsure what would constitute a breach of our patented IP? There seems to be so much similarity in process it's hard for the lay person to differentiate, yet there is rarely if ever discussion that competitors approaches might be impinging on our IP?
Would love any thoughts from those with a good head for this stuff.
I'm not expecting the CSIRO outcome of owning WiFi and raking in the royalties.. I would really just like to know what specific things we are protecting that others are unable to touch. What can they NOT do without us? I had thought this was largely around spiking neural networks, but that doesn't seem to be exclusive to us either.
I'm a 7+ year investor and have been reading and learning over the whole journey.. I love @Fact Finder and @Diogenese insights and obvious intellect, not to mention the many other amazing contributors. I'd be greatly appreciative of help in honing my understanding of our absolute USP. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 18 users

7für7

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

MDhere

Regular
A MUST WATCH INTERVIEW IMO!!!

Ziad Asghar, Qualcomm | MWC Barcelona 2024 - YouTube

5 hours ago

Sustainability and AI: Qualcomm aims to reshape the mobile landscape​

The future of artificial intelligence is not confined to boardrooms and laboratories — it’s unfolding in real-time, shaping the way we live, work and interact with the world around us. The journey is one marked by ingenuity, collaboration and a steadfast commitment to harnessing the transformative power of AI for improved sustainability and the betterment of humanity.
Diving deep into the implications of AI’s migration to the edge, Ziad Asghar (pictured), senior vice president of product management and head of AI Technology at Qualcomm Technologies Inc., gave a glimpse into the transformative power of on-device processing, the burgeoning realm of sustainability and the democratization of AI.
“Generative AI may have started on the cloud, but it’s transitioning to the edge, it’s coming to the device and that brings in with it [an] amazing amount of benefits,” Asghar said.
Asghar spoke with theCUBE Research analysts John Furrier, Dave Vellante and Shelly Kramer at MWC Barcelona, during an exclusive broadcast on theCUBE, SiliconANGLE Media’s livestreaming studio. They discussed the evolving landscape of AI and its integration into everyday devices. (* Disclosure below.)

The future of AI: A move toward efficiency and sustainability​

AI’s trajectory is swiftly shifting toward on-device processing, marking a paradigm shift in how we interact with technology. Gone are the days of heavy reliance on cloud infrastructure; the future lies in the empowerment of devices to perform complex AI tasks locally. The cornerstone of this shift is the evolution of AI models — becoming not only more capable but also more compact, according to Asghar.
“That allows us to be able to do more AI processing than anybody else out there from a performance per watt perspective,” he said.
Qualcomm’s unveiling of Stable Diffusion, a text-to-image model running on a device with a staggering seven billion parameters, underscores the strides made in on-device AI processing. This progress not only enhances efficiency but also aligns with sustainability goals by significantly reducing energy consumption. The age-old debate of proprietary versus open-source models is also addressed, with Qualcomm embracing the democratization of AI through initiatives, such as the AI Hub, empowering developers to leverage curated models for diverse applications.
“People can take these generative AI model like Stable Diffusion, we can pick it up from there and readily create an application,” Asghar said. “And you know what I’m excited about is there are many applications that we might not even thought about when we were designing these chips. But I hope that developers are able to come up with those amazing ideas.”

The shift toward edge AI​

Amid the excitement, challenges loom on the horizon. The optimization of power consumption, interoperability of AI models and maintaining a delicate balance between innovation and ethical considerations are just a few hurdles to overcome.
These challenges are opportunities in disguise — opportunities to push boundaries, solve meaningful problems and shape a future where human-machine interaction transcends boundaries, according to Asghar.
“What if you have a virtual assistant sitting on your device that you say, ‘Reserve a restaurant for me tomorrow,’” he said. “It basically figures out your calendar, it figures out Yelp, it finds a place close to you, goes to open table, makes the reservation for you and you’re done. This is the kind of human-machine interaction sign up that I think that we can enable in the future.”
Here’s the complete video interview, part of SiliconANGLE’s and theCUBE Research’s coverage of MWC Barcelona:

Where do u find the time to report this bravo? Im thinking yr step counter is broken

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Drewski

Regular
Is this going to be the running joke from now on.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users

Colorado23

Regular
It'd be an interesting conversation, though:

Sir, we'd like you to sell a parcel of the shares you chose because they're performing much better than our selection...
Thanks all for the feedback. When you put it that way Quatrojos, does sound silly. I thought I'd read that there were implications to being over the 20% mark but bugger it. Just put order in for another $10,000. Have a great weekend all.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Nice we make the "Experience Highlights" select group on the CES 24 report.

Must be doing something well :)

Some decent names in the first couple of "highlights" groups with ours straight after the keynote highlights.

Report HERE

Screenshot_2024-02-29-21-34-46-68_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Screenshot_2024-02-29-21-35-14-29_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Screenshot_2024-02-29-21-35-37-73_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Screenshot_2024-02-29-21-42-41-96_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

IMG_20240229_213651.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 101 users

Beebo

Regular

Some decent names in the first couple of "highlights" groups with ours straight after the keynote highlights.

Report HERE

View attachment 58202

View attachment 58203
View attachment 58204
View attachment 58206

View attachment 58205
Thanks for sharing. This is the best single paragraph written on BrainChip. It’s an excellent brief!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Report HERE

View attachment 58202

View attachment 58203
View attachment 58204
View attachment 58206

View attachment 58205

Well, I'm sorta torn between the AirLight Pro, a next-generation hair dryer focusing on efficiency and reduced environmental impact and . Skyted’s “Mobility Privacy Mask” and “Hybrid Silent Mask” are designed to “absorb voice frequencies” in noisy environments like planes, trains and rideshares, so you can communicate (with yourself?) with a little more privacy.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users
Well, I'm sorta torn between the AirLight Pro, a next-generation hair dryer focusing on efficiency and reduced environmental impact and . Skyted’s “Mobility Privacy Mask” and “Hybrid Silent Mask” are designed to “absorb voice frequencies” in noisy environments like planes, trains and rideshares, so you can communicate (with yourself?) with a little more privacy.

Didn't Max already develop something like Skyteds....maybe not so portable I guess.

Screenshot_2024-02-29-22-28-50-50_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Report HERE

View attachment 58202

View attachment 58203
View attachment 58204
View attachment 58206

View attachment 58205
Hi Fmf,

This is a fantastic Brainchip promo.

Is this the official CES 2024 wrap up that will go to all 135000 attendees? Looks like the contributors are all Turkish.

Arcelik is a Turkish conglomerate. I have something rattling about in the dark recesses about BRN and Turkiye ...

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Hi Fmf,

This is a fantastic Brainchip promo.

Is this the official CES 2024 wrap up that will go to all 135000 attendees?

Arcelik is a Turkish conglomerate. I have something rattling about in the dark recesses about BRN and Turkiye ...
Not sure but would be great if did.

The link came up in one of my random word searches and was by the Innovation Hub Garage who you can also see listed beside Arcelik on the report.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom