• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

cassip

Regular
Reactions: 3 users

7für7

Top 20
Like expected… the Germans sell because they think tomorrow the Australians will sell off as well… of course it will be vietnam tomorrow. Because of all those cockroaches which was Speculating on superior news… I just don’t understand why… the annual report is a simple review about last year… if they have something to announce, they will do it separately… I can see how the shorter can’t wait for tomorrow…

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Sproggo

Too much volume going through these last couple of weeks. Start ups need to start somewhere!!

Reactions: 2 users
Nintendo suspendo

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Me...num=3&si=44daa0b3-d70e-4506-aab2-d3b8890a93a5

Nintendo to launch Switch console successor in March 2025 at earliest

Delay meant to give developers time to create titles for new unit

{PAYSCREEN]

... but is the real reason to swap out the software NN and replace it with a SoC NN?
I just think they will have to make games that take advantage of Akida if we are in it. I think it could be a lot more interactive with the player and the game may be able to change as it goes along. More options in the game itself. Maybe learn tactics? No idea really. Just a thought.

SC

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
One of the things I've been wondering about is whether the adoption of ChatGPT by Mercedes will preclude the use of "Hey Mercedes!" function of EQXX fame.

https://media.mercedes-benz.com/article/323212b5-1b56-458a-9324-20b25cc176cb
  • MBUX beta programme starts June 16, 2023
Mercedes-Benz is further expanding the use of artificial intelligence and integrating it into the voice control of its vehicles as the next step. By adding ChatGPT, voice control via the MBUX Voice Assistant's Hey Mercedes will become even more intuitive. An optional beta programme will start June 16, 2023 in the U.S. for over 900.000 vehicles equipped with the MBUX infotainment system[1].

Customers can participate via the Mercedes me app or directly from the vehicle using the voice command “Hey Mercedes, I want to join the beta programme”[2]. The rollout of the beta programme will happen over the air. Mercedes-Benz is integrating ChatGPT through Azure OpenAI Service, leveraging the enterprise-grade capabilities of Microsoft’s cloud and AI platform

ChatGPT complements the existing intuitive voice control via Hey Mercedes. While most voice assistants are limited to predefined tasks and responses, ChatGPT leverages a large language model to greatly improve natural language understanding and expand the topics to which it can respond.

From the original Jan 2022 EQXX report:
https://media.mercedes-benz.com/article/d31bf12a-a2d4-4978-b176-17c6a0fea6dc

Neuromorphic computing – a car that thinks like you​

Another key efficiency feature of the VISION EQXX that takes its cue from nature is the way it thinks. It uses an innovative form of information processing called neuromorphic computing. The hardware runs so-called spiking neural networks. Information is coded in discrete spikes and energy is only consumed when a spike occurs, which reduces energy consumption by orders of magnitude.

Working with California-based artificial intelligence experts BrainChip, Mercedes-Benz engineers developed systems based on BrainChip’s Akida hardware and software. The example in the VISION EQXX is the “Hey Mercedes” hot-word detection. Structured along neuromorphic principles, it is five to ten times more efficient than conventional voice control.

Although neuromorphic computing is still in its infancy, systems like these will be available on the market in just a few years. When applied on scale throughout a vehicle, they have the potential to radically reduce the energy needed to run the latest AI technologies

The road trip sidekick in the VISION EQXX is also fun to talk to. The further development of the “Hey Mercedes” voice assistant is emotional and expressive thanks to a collaboration between Mercedes-Benz engineers and the voice synthesis experts from Sonantic. With the help of machine learning, the team have given “Hey Mercedes” its own distinctive character and personality. As well as sounding impressively real, the emotional expression places the conversation between driver and car on a whole new level that is more natural and intuitive, underscoring the progressive feel of the modern luxury conveyed by the UI/UX in the VISION EQXX.

... but really, nothing to see here ...
While we're talking about software NNs, we know that Luminar has largely displaced Valeo in Mercedes' affections. We also know that Mercedes still has a soft spot for Akida "when applied on scale throughout a vehicle".

Luminar's main claim to fame is "foveated" lidar which increases the density of laser pulses in a region of interest.

Now Luminar also has a NN system for processing lidar signals:

US11361449B2 Neural network for object detection and tracking 20200506

1708948551699.png

[0014] FIG. 3 is a block diagram of an example software architecture for an autonomous vehicle in which the techniques of this disclosure can be implemented;

Now using software for processing lidar is going to burn a thousand times more electricity than word spotting, and it's going to burn a thousand times the power that Akida would.

Is it likely that Mercedes would tolerate such inefficiency?

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Half the revenue in each 6 months, ie 115k in the first 6, must have been 117k in the last 6 for the 232k, no ramp up.

Havent looked properly at anything else

Hopefully some green shoots in the investor preso

IloveLamp

Top 20
1000013601.jpg
1000013604.jpg

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 30 users

ydqcau

Emerged
Hi Skutza, Page 29 reports receipts from customers of $1,672,784

Page 44, point 5 provides additional information on the breakdown of the $232k figure.
Hi mate, can you do me an education on why the receipts are such a big difference from revenue? Even I saw the numbers on the pages, still not understanding how the differences come from. thanks in advance

7für7

Top 20
In Germany, it's already down -14%. Greenhorns... fortune seekers... all those who wanted to ride the wave for a short time because they thought they would become millionaires overnight. And it's always the same... they look for which stock is rising. And just jump in... when they see it going down, they all behave like lemmings... no personal responsibility... It's frightening what the stock market has become. I miss the time when I always checked the stock prices in the newspaper. Nowadays, none of the young wannabe traders can imagine that.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users

CHIPS

Regular
-14,74% in Germany now at around 2 p. m. 😭

Edit: Sorry @7für7, I did not see your post as I did not update the view.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20
In Germany, it's already down -14%. Greenhorns... fortune seekers... all those who wanted to ride the wave for a short time because they thought they would become millionaires overnight. And it's always the same... they look for which stock is rising. And just jump in... when they see it going down, they all behave like lemmings... no personal responsibility... It's frightening what the stock market has become. I miss the time when I always checked the stock prices in the newspaper. Nowadays, none of the young wannabe traders can imagine that.
It looks one of the traders spilt his hasenpfeffer on the "SELL" key at lunch.

Now it's doing the dead cat bounce.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users

7für7

Top 20
The Australian movement is important… what happens in Germany, stays in Germany. 🥸

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Kachoo

Regular
The Australian movement is important… what happens in Germany, stays in Germany. 🥸
I'm not sure what's going tonhappen in Australia with the SP tomorrow but its possible we see a pullback to 44 cents tonfill that pesky gap.

Though we never know what surprises layahead we could all just keep moving up or sideways who really knows.

There has been some strong buying in BRN of late.

It all seems too easy to sell on the report it has me wondering what's going on as many have been stumped by this move.

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users
Nintendo suspendo

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Me...num=3&si=44daa0b3-d70e-4506-aab2-d3b8890a93a5

Nintendo to launch Switch console successor in March 2025 at earliest

Delay meant to give developers time to create titles for new unit

{PAYSCREEN]

... but is the real reason to swap out the software NN and replace it with a SoC NN?
"... but is the real reason to swap out the software NN and replace it with a SoC NN?"

Not sure about that, but...

"Delay meant to give developers time to create titles for new unit"

What could be so different, about the new system that developers, need extra time to take advantage of its abilities? 🤔..

I seriously think we're in here, but now we have to possibly wait until next year, to find out..

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users
I'm not sure what's going tonhappen in Australia with the SP tomorrow but its possible we see a pullback to 44 cents tonfill that pesky gap.

Though we never know what surprises layahead we could all just keep moving up or sideways who really knows.

There has been some strong buying in BRN of late.

It all seems too easy to sell on the report it has me wondering what's going on as many have been stumped by this move.
I'm surprised by some of the negativity, connected with the yearly report..

As you said, all the volume the last couple of weeks, has not been because of an impending yearly..

They all "know" where we are, or they should do..

It's our Future potential and who we're rubbing up against, that has them also excited and for good reason.

It will be by the likes of some on this forum, if the share price does anything rash tomorrow.

Fearful of short term loss. Something the shorters will most likely capitalise on, with an early morning push.
The soft serves here, will follow suit..
There will likely then be a smart reversal, while the insatiable "International?" appetite for this Company's stock continues.

If there's a dip, those that are quick, can make a lot of cash.
But ut, too slow, you get left behind..

And the action will be rabid..

Just how I see it play out, I will likely sleep through it..

On other news..

I found the Investor presentation, very impressive and to me, looks like the best I've seen, from this Company.

I've got 3 questions though...

The partner section, looks a bit scant, where's Tata Elxsi for example?

I'm curious why the Unigen Cupcake, wasn't in the hardware section? (unless that's lumped in with "Edge Box"?).

And thirdly, didn't anyone notice the Company "highlighted" Custom Customer SOC?
There's a very good reason AKD2000 isn't there, because it isn't physical yet...

20240227_021040.jpg

Couldn't be Renesas, because theirs wouldn't be an SOC?..
Too early for Mercedes Benz.
Valeo, though MegaChips?
Nintendo though same?
A Dark Horse?...

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

dippY22

Regular
I don’t recall ever seeing Sean anything other than enthusiastic. But then, that is his job and perhaps knowing all that we can only guess about, gives him the perspective required to do it honestly.
I think it probably a tough position knowing what he does and yet still having to dance around what can be divulged or even discussed due to nda’s and commercial in confidence restrictions which we would all crucify him over should he let something slip inadvertently.
And yet here we are, all the myriad eyes, scrutinising every gesture and word in the hope of finding some clue.
It’s weird to me how we all so desperately want something that could well be deleterious to us should we receive it. 🤣
That's good, Hop. I agree.

And to add,.... I'm of the opinion the virtual investor call-in is a direct result of feedback or blowback from when Sean did a couple face to face meetings with a few Australian shareholders in 2023. These meetings were harmless (and not nefarious) opportunities for Sean to meet some shareholders, get a sense of their concerns / questions and take the temperature of the room, so to speak. Yet when word of these meetups got out, a toxic group think occured on the stock forums which in a nutshell, implied and accused those involved of getting some unfair advantage, or privileged information being shared, with those not in attendance missing out. And I think some were actually hurt they weren't involved.

Try as they might, some of the "privileged" few shared what in fact had transpired in the meetings and I for one was satisified and not suspicious they were hiding something more privileged or were holding back anything for that matter. Executives sometimes meet with shareholders on their trips. It is just done.

So now Sean will basically do the same thing, but for any and all of Brainchips shareholders motivated to participate except now it is virtual and the only thing we won't get to see is his facial expressions. And, apparently we "may" hear a little from Dr. Lewis (lucky us) as someone posted earlier.

I expect that the feedback afterward will be that nothing of import was said, it was a waste of time, my question(s) was not addressed ....blah blah blah. And if my memory serves, that is pretty much the feedback those annointed shareholders provided to the rest of us in 2023.

Enjoy the call, but temper your expectations. There's a lot going on I suspect but I'm thinking what is revealed will be from the 20,000 foot level for all the same reasons including NDA's,....etc,...etc.

Regards, dippY

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

BrainShit

Regular
Deutsche Telekom build joint venture with Softbank

Through the Joint Venture Company, the five companies plan to develop Large Language Models (LLMs) specifically tailored to the needs of telecommunications companies (telcos). The LLMs will be designed to help telcos improve their customer interactions via digital assistants and chatbots.

The goal is to develop multilingual LLMs optimized for languages including Korean, English, German, Arabic and Japanese, with plans for additional languages to be agreed among the founding members.

The joint venture plans to focus on deploying innovative AI applications tailored to the needs of the Global AI Telco Alliance members in their respective markets, enabling them to reach a global customer base of approximately 1.3 billion across 50 countries. Deutsche Telekom boasts about 250 million subscribers across 12 countries, including Germany and the U.S. The e& Group has 169 million subscribers in 16 countries across the Middle East, Asia, and Africa, while the Singtel Group has 770 million subscribers in 21 countries, including Australia, India, and Indonesia.

Deutsche Telekom create 5G and 6G networks!
This will fit with ARMs aim... s. screenshot
Who "owns" ARM? .... Softbank right?

Screenshot_20240226_183958_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Link: https://www.finanznachrichten.de/na...nce-plan-to-establish-a-joint-venture-008.htm

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Top Bottom