BRN Discussion Ongoing

CHIPS

Regular
Hi Toasty & All
There are many ways to decide if information is good or so, so. I even have a scale which I will share and it is why I punish myself and read HC after everyone of these information releases.

The so, so ones such as a typo or a table cloth appearing in an otherwise nothing announcement you can depend on them to use it to spread negativity all day and dominate the whole discussion into the next week and come back in quiet periods when they cannot think of anything else to down ramp about time and again. However they do discuss the actual announcement/release because it does not hurt their position to admit of its existence.

The good news pieces such as the Microchip AKIDA presentation at CES 2024 is by contrast buried and not mentioned by the group. Anything no matter how trivial including a typo in an unrelated screen shot of promotional material will be discussed till the cows come home and not one word will be spoken about the significance or importantance of the substantive announcement/release.

Why they hate TSEx is because this strategy does not work here. Those who are here will not play their game. Notwithstanding they keep turning up time and again trying to divert the conversation away with stories about everyone is corrupt in the semiconductor industry and if Brainchip was engaged with a heavy weight it would be leaked out so that illegal insider trading could take place. Transparent as a missing pane of glass.
If this were in any way true then we would have known about Renesas, Valeo, NASA, MegaChips, MOSCHIP, ARM, Intel, Tata Consulting Group, Tata Elxsi and others in advance of the reveals.

Certainly we would have known about Microchip it has massive numbers of employees.

Then what about Mercedes Benz. We had no idea at all until Mercedes Benz mentioned Brainchip and then immediately shut up and not one further word was spoken.

Then again some judge people by their own standards and if they are corrupt and happy to breach their employers confidentiality then perhaps they believe this is what everyone else does and it is their genuinely held belief that everyone else is corrupt. Pretty sad if this is the case.

Now of course the way this can be defeated is by ASX announcements but we don't get those so the trolls and manipulators can run riot on Brainchip at HC and MF and AFR and many other places in the sure and certain knowledge that general investors who wait for ASX signals to look at a stock will basically never hear and have cause to question the barrage of negativity and manipulation they are engaging in.

So on my HC scale of 1 to 10 todays Microchip press release is a 10 because unlike John Cleese who lacked the discipline required to never mention the war the crew at HC have no such problem and their enthusiasm to talk about anything and everything else while throwing abuse at those here and while ignoring Microchip is all the proof I need of this press releases actual significance.

If you can't say anything bad about something then don't say anything at all is their stock in trade.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

Dear Fact Finder,

I once worked for a company that said the following to me in my interview:

"We want to be the best company in our field. This also includes everything we do and present. Therefore, we do not allow ourselves the smallest mistakes because even these show that we are not the best."

If BrainChip makes mistakes and we see them, you can be sure that customers/potential customers will see them also and at this time, BrainChip cannot afford to make mistakes, not even the minor ones. Therefore it is not a minor thing to make (obvious) mistakes.

My opinion.
CHIPS

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Dear Fact Finder,

I once worked for a company that said the following to me in my interview:

"We want to be the best company in our field. This also includes everything we do and present. Therefore, we do not allow ourselves the smallest mistakes because even these show that we are not the best."

If BrainChip makes mistakes and we see them, you can be sure that customers/potential customers will see them also and at this time, BrainChip cannot afford to make mistakes, not even the minor ones. Therefore it is not a minor thing to make (obvious) mistakes.

My opinion.
CHIPS

laughing-too-funny (1).gif

If only we lived in a world where mistakes didn't happen. In fact, it would be better if we pretended that they don't, and entrench our companies core values in 'not making mistakes' to ensure it becomes a reality (taking a leaf from your values and interview experience of course). This is genius. Why didn't you suggest it sooner? Does Tony know about this? Have we missed anything or should we pick this up again on TSE in a weeks time because its very important!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

7für7

Regular
Hi Toasty & All
There are many ways to decide if information is good or so, so. I even have a scale which I will share and it is why I punish myself and read HC after everyone of these information releases.

The so, so ones such as a typo or a table cloth appearing in an otherwise nothing announcement you can depend on them to use it to spread negativity all day and dominate the whole discussion into the next week and come back in quiet periods when they cannot think of anything else to down ramp about time and again. However they do discuss the actual announcement/release because it does not hurt their position to admit of its existence.

The good news pieces such as the Microchip AKIDA presentation at CES 2024 is by contrast buried and not mentioned by the group. Anything no matter how trivial including a typo in an unrelated screen shot of promotional material will be discussed till the cows come home and not one word will be spoken about the significance or importantance of the substantive announcement/release.

Why they hate TSEx is because this strategy does not work here. Those who are here will not play their game. Notwithstanding they keep turning up time and again trying to divert the conversation away with stories about everyone is corrupt in the semiconductor industry and if Brainchip was engaged with a heavy weight it would be leaked out so that illegal insider trading could take place. Transparent as a missing pane of glass.
If this were in any way true then we would have known about Renesas, Valeo, NASA, MegaChips, MOSCHIP, ARM, Intel, Tata Consulting Group, Tata Elxsi and others in advance of the reveals.

Certainly we would have known about Microchip it has massive numbers of employees.

Then what about Mercedes Benz. We had no idea at all until Mercedes Benz mentioned Brainchip and then immediately shut up and not one further word was spoken.

Then again some judge people by their own standards and if they are corrupt and happy to breach their employers confidentiality then perhaps they believe this is what everyone else does and it is their genuinely held belief that everyone else is corrupt. Pretty sad if this is the case.

Now of course the way this can be defeated is by ASX announcements but we don't get those so the trolls and manipulators can run riot on Brainchip at HC and MF and AFR and many other places in the sure and certain knowledge that general investors who wait for ASX signals to look at a stock will basically never hear and have cause to question the barrage of negativity and manipulation they are engaging in.

So on my HC scale of 1 to 10 todays Microchip press release is a 10 because unlike John Cleese who lacked the discipline required to never mention the war the crew at HC have no such problem and their enthusiasm to talk about anything and everything else while throwing abuse at those here and while ignoring Microchip is all the proof I need of this press releases actual significance.

If you can't say anything bad about something then don't say anything at all is their stock in trade.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Tom&Jerry left the chat

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

M_C

Founding Member
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
View attachment 53382

If only we lived in a world where mistakes didn't happen. In fact, it would be better if we pretended that they don't, and entrench our companies core values in 'not making mistakes' to ensure it becomes a reality (taking a leaf from your values and interview experience of course). This is genius. Why didn't you suggest it sooner? Does Tony know about this? Have we missed anything or should we pick this up again on TSE in a weeks time because its very important!
How ironic reading that from the person who’s making fun of other people’s English constantly.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
How ironic reading that from the person who’s making fun of other people’s English constantly.

No. There's this phrase in English, "read between the lines". Look it up.

Reactions: 3 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

KMuzza

Mad Scientist
An interesting read MR.

Quote from the article-

“Intel’s Loihi demonstration at Intel Innovation used a recurrent neural network to solve satellite scheduling—coordinating constellations of satellites to schedule cameras over points of interest—in a non-standard way using Loihi 2 chips.

Davies points out that Loihi 2 is still at the research phase, but adds that next-gen silicon (in, say, the next five years) could be designed with more specific commercial applications in mind—that could be as simple as changing the interfaces or resizing the chip to support high volume applications, he said.” Unquote

Now where did I read about a 3-5 year lead - somewhere here on the TSE.🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😎😎😎😂👨‍🦯😂😂

Article dated 04 Dec 2023.
Author- S.Ward -Foxton

AKIDA BALLISTA UBQTS.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

Frangipani

Regular
Zalmotec is a company which specializes in prototyping hardware.
https://zalmotek.com/

They are a partner of Edge Impulse.

They are a Romanian company incorporated as Proto Lab Sri, and this explains the mystery of the Romanian fan from a month or so ago.

Hi Diogenese,

while I am not sure whom you were referring to when you mentioned “the mystery of the Romanian fan from a month or so ago”, here is another obvious explanation (even though of course in the age of the internet, YouTube and global social media platforms, this person could have simply stumbled upon Brainchip online without being somebody / knowing anyone personally who has hands-on experience with Akida…).

Remember Team NeurOHM from Technische Hochschule Nürnberg using Akida for the tinyML Hackathon Pedestrian Detection Challenge 2023 and coming in second place overall? The team leader, Prof Cristian Axenie, who is Professor for Artificial Intelligence on Heterogeneous Sensor Data at TH Nürnberg, grew up in Romania and also completed his B.Sc. and M.Sc. there before coming to Germany to pursue his doctoral studies, so that 🇷🇴 Brainchip fan could just as well be someone from his network.

Cheers
Frangipani

0221D65F-E722-48C0-BD36-1E3263157555.jpeg

A0A9DF23-A831-4E02-8FED-CC1BA2233BAA.jpeg

P.S.: Prof Axenie is currently looking for a Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in (research assistant) for his SPICES (Sensorimotor Processing, Intelligence, and Control in Edge compute Systems) Lab. As TH Nürnberg is a University of Applied Sciences, we can expect pretty much all of their research projects to be outside the ivory tower of academia, unlike some other neuromorphic research going on elsewhere. Definitely worthwhile to keep an eye on this team, if you ask me…

I just noticed they will be presenting a paper at the NeuroEdge workshop in Munich on January 18, which will take place as an associated event of the annual HiPEAC 2024 conference (January 17-19), “the premier European forum for experts in computer architecture, programming models, compilers and operating systems for general-purpose, embedded and cyber physical systems”.

Had a glance at the NeurEdge workshop programme and would be surprised if Brainchip didn’t get a mention during the Paper Talk 1 session by RWTH Aachen/ Collins Aerospace (Spiking neural networks for signal classification with digital and analog neuromorphic systems).

B53BACF3-90D7-4257-94E3-8667381556F9.jpeg

67295911-45D1-4BB8-BB7E-41BA0781CC9B.jpeg

941F5F9B-6B09-478E-90A8-61AA592D4D9D.jpeg

1C91FF43-FBBE-4756-84FA-DE8FCFAB54DA.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Teksun Inc
Teksun Inc
46 Min. •
Exciting News! Teksun Inc. is Now a Member of The Qualcomm Advantage Network!

We are thrilled to announce that Teksun Inc. has officially become a proud Qualcomm Advantage Network member.

This collaboration further cements our commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology in IoT and AI. Being a part of this esteemed network allows us to leverage top-tier resources, industry insights, and advanced technological capabilities to continue delivering exceptional solutions to our clients and partners.

Stay tuned as we continue to innovate, pushing the boundaries of brilliant devices with groundbreaking technologies and solutions!

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 43 users
Teksun Inc
Teksun Inc
46 Min. •
Exciting News! Teksun Inc. is Now a Member of The Qualcomm Advantage Network!

We are thrilled to announce that Teksun Inc. has officially become a proud Qualcomm Advantage Network member.

This collaboration further cements our commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology in IoT and AI. Being a part of this esteemed network allows us to leverage top-tier resources, industry insights, and advanced technological capabilities to continue delivering exceptional solutions to our clients and partners.

Stay tuned as we continue to innovate, pushing the boundaries of brilliant devices with groundbreaking technologies and solutions!
Is this good or bad, for BrainChip's relationship with Teksun 🤔

Would be good, if we can eke out some sort of a relationship with Qualcomm, at CES24..

The Company has said there will be "New demos" and "New partners"..

The "New partners" can now safely be assumed as being "New, New" and not just new since CES23, with the reveal of the relationship with Microchip, just this week..

So here's hoping.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Is this good or bad for BrainChip's relationship with Teksun 🤔

Would be good, if we can eke out some sort of a relationship with Qualcomm, at CES24..

The Company has said there will be "New demos" and "New partners"..

The " New partners" can now safely be assumed as being "New, New" and not just new since CES23, with the reveal of the relationship with Microchip, just this week..

So here's hoping.
We will see. I hope for us.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
In regards to this news about the establishment of ASRA for the development of the new chiplets, EE News Europe makes a point of mentioning that Renesas is already developing a chiplet platform for its R-Car X 5 family.

Samples of the Renesas Gen 5 chips is planned for late 2024 next year for both SoC and MCU with a plan for production in the 2027 timeframe.

View attachment 52957

Extract only from the above article
View attachment 52960
Was just reading a Renesas Nov release and did a quick TSE search before posting it and saw you picked it up and posted already. Nice one.

FWIW, some additional info in the Renesas release. Liked the comments around AI accelerator IP.

Be nice to get in here somewhere.

Renesas Unveils Processor Roadmap for Next-Gen Automotive SoCs and MCUs​

Future Offerings to Include R-Car SoCs with Advanced In-Package Chiplet Integration Technology and Arm-Based Automotive MCUs
November 7, 2023

Renesas Next-Gen Automotive Processor Roadmap
R-Car Generation 5 Product Family

TOKYO, Japan ― Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE:6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today laid out plans for its next-generation system on chips (SoCs) and microcontrollers (MCUs) targeting all major applications across the automotive digital domain.

Renesas provided advance information about its fifth-generation R-Car SoC for high-performance applications with advanced in-package chiplet integration technology, which will provide automotive engineers greater flexibility to customize their designs. For example, if more AI performance is required in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), engineers will have the capability to integrate AI accelerators into a single chip.

The company also shared its plans for two forthcoming MCU product advancements in the next-generation R-Car family. One is a new crossover MCU series designed to deliver the high performance required for domain and zone electronic control units (ECU) in next-generation E/E architectures in automobiles. These MCUs are expected to close the performance gap between traditional MCUs and the advanced R-Car SoCs. Secondly, the company announced plans to introduce a separate MCU platform tailored for the vehicle control market. Both of these MCUs will be powered by Arm® architectures and are set to become an integral part of the industry-leading R-Car family, offering complete scalable options and software reusability for automotive engineers.

As part of its roadmap, Renesas plans to offer a virtual software development environment that aligns with the auto industry’s move toward shift left approach, as this practice is widely known. These software tools will allow customers to design and test software earlier in the development process .

"This roadmap comes after years of collaboration and discussions with Tier 1 and OEM customers,” said Vivek Bhan, Senior Vice President, Co-General Manager of High Performance Computing, Analog and Power Solutions Group at Renesas. “What our customers have been telling us is that they need to be able to accelerate development without compromising quality. This means they must design and verify their software even before hardware arrives. We will help them realize this goal by continuing to invest in shift left and software-first innovations, deploying new scalable embedded processors, and bolstering our vast network of development tools.”

Fifth-Generation R-Car SoC Platform​

Until the fourth generation, the R-Car SoCs were designed for specific use cases, such as ADAS/Autonomous Driving that requires high AI performance, and gateway solutions with enhanced communication capabilities. Renesas’ fifth-generation R-Car SoC will incorporate chiplet technology to create a flexible platform that can be customized to meet various requirements for each use case.

The new platform will offer multiple processor sets from entry-level to higher-end models, and can integrate a variety of IP such as AI accelerators and IP by partners and customers into a single package. This will give users the option to customize designs according to their needs.

Two New Arm-based MCU Platforms for Vehicle Control Applications​

As E/E architecture in vehicles continues to evolve, it becomes increasingly important for domain control units (DCUs) and zone control units to handle both high computing performance and real-time processing. Renesas addresses this challenge by developing an Arm-based 32-bit crossover R-Car MCU platform with built-in NVM (Non Volatile Memory) that can deliver higher performance than traditional MCUs currently offer. Moreover, to build upon the success achieved by the RH850 Family MCUs, Renesas is also extending its vehicle control portfolio with a new R-Car MCU series, which will be also powered by Arm. This means for the first time, automotive system developers will be able to take advantage of the software and vast eco-system of Arm by using these new MCUs to build powertrain, body control, chassis and instrument cluster systems. This expansion will allow Renesas to standardize IP between MCUs and SoCs, thus increasing software usability and preserving engineering investments for its customers.
Renesas plans to release new products subsequently from 2024 onward, following this roadmap.

Software Development Environment​

As automotive software grows in size and complexity, the conventional approach of using hardware for software design is becoming outdated due to its lengthy production process.

Renesas is already pioneering a virtual development environment for application software, offering advanced debugging and evaluation tools to analyze and evaluate software performance. Renesas will provide these tools for next generation processors from 1Q 2024.

This allows developers to accelerate their software development efforts even before prototypes of the next-generation devices are accessible, enabling them to bring their products to market more rapidly.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Frangipani

Regular
Another caveat: Gregor Lenz is also one of the co-founders of the Open Neuromorphic platform. I recall reading somewhere a while ago that some of the other members around Jason Eshraghian from UC Santa Cruz (also an Open Neuromorphic co-founder, who recently showed up in a post by @Fullmoonfever as one of the authors of a paper mistakenly listing Akida as being analog in a table surtitled “A benchmark of neuromorphic chips” - https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-338409) were dismissing Akida in their Discord chat - does anyone here happen to follow their discussions and could give us an update on whether their judgement on Akida has since changed? Or was it possibly just a case of sour grapes?

Another recent post on Cristian Axenie’s LinkedIn profile is this one:

5E44DA9F-5059-42F4-A9A1-AD3C881E1B08.jpeg

Mmmmh, very interesting to see that Akida will finally be featured in one of the Open Neuromorphic Workshops!

F62E2D80-6A9D-46D7-84CD-F5E8178E9B33.jpeg

Why am I saying this?

Several Open Neuromorphic members such as co-founders Jason Eshraghian (Assistant Professor at UC Santa Cruz)) and Fabrizio Ottati (who recently completed his PhD and started a job as an AI/ML Processor Engineer at NXP Semiconductors just this week) have so far not taken Brainchip seriously at all if not to say completely dismissed it, mistakenly listed Akida as being analog in a research paper, and in addition have repeatedly expressed their dislike of the way select BRN shareholders are spruiking Akida in the Open Neuromorphic LinkedIn comments - it has even become a running joke among them (see screenshots below).

I am not entirely sure whether they really think the company itself is behind what they consider “blatant spam” (according to Ottati “one of the major source of memes” in their discord channel…), but it does reflect the criticism previously expressed by TSE posters such as @Moonshot, @ndefries and @DK6161 that some people in the neuromorphic community or certain companies may feel pestered by these kind of LinkedIn comments and be put off.

Well, hopefully this upcoming presentation will convince the prejudiced sceptics in the Open Neuromorphic community that there is more to Akida than what they think there is and to help free the company from the bad image it has evidently gotten in their circle.

And if not? So be it. Luckily there are plenty of notable researchers in the neuromorphic community that will disagree with them.

92E21DAA-CB37-412C-97B6-3D541138AA46.jpeg

8CE4EDFB-150A-4042-A348-B4AF95C2254F.jpeg
E7B1FFE4-8BD7-4300-942B-FD6B0D727B60.jpeg

155798FE-C3B5-4C54-9425-2181E1C9D903.jpeg

Attachments

• 03EE9162-C100-42BD-84A8-E03252CFA386.jpeg
    03EE9162-C100-42BD-84A8-E03252CFA386.jpeg
    371.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24 users

charles2

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
View attachment 53382

You pick on people who make mistakes on here 123, You pick n choose obviously your not consistent,
Is that how you run your life, pick and choose sort of guy

Top Bottom