BRN Discussion Ongoing

“Teksun is committed to innovation and dedicated to providing our customers with the most advanced IoT solutions,” said Brijesh Kamani – Founder & CEO of Teksun. “With BrainChip’s Akida processor, we will be able to deliver next-generation AIoT devices that are faster, more efficient, and more intelligent than ever before and not just meet, but exceed the expectations of our customers.”

View attachment 53006

Nice.

Prompted me to a bit of skim search and found they recently lodged the below copyright application a few days ago with the Indian office.

Hoping it's part of the work they doing with Akida. Can't find the relevant supporting docs yet but may not have been submitted fully yet by the looks.

Screenshot_2023-12-29-23-32-04-57_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
IMG_20231229_232909.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
Nice.

Prompted me to a bit of skim search and found they recently lodged the below copyright application a few days ago with the Indian office.

Hoping it's part of the work they doing with Akida. Can't find the relevant supporting docs yet but may not have been submitted fully yet by the looks.

View attachment 53007 View attachment 53008

The status "work awaited" is defined as "work yet to be received"..

So looks like you unearthed this, right at the beginning of the process?..

Reactions: 9 users
The status "work awaited" is defined as "work yet to be received"..

So looks like you unearthed this, right at the beginning of the process?..
That was my guess as well.

Appears you can lodge an application then submit the work, have the hearing, any objections etc as far as I can tell.

They lodged a LMS SaaS application as well same day. I'm presuming that's an onlone Learning Management System from searching but could be wrong.

Reactions: 9 users
I would suggest you have been whinging since the start but I think you are preparing yourself for all things negative for the foreseeable future as that is how you like to entertain yourself and don’t like to think positive. Give positivity a go for 2024.
When you say you know how this forum works is a little amusing. I know how it works with you and some others. When there is any negative news of any sort then you and mates come out like a jack in box. Not really entertaining but I don’t ignore or block anyone regardless what they post. Stay happy and post a few positive posts in 2024. You can do it !!!
Ha ha mate just telling it the way it is, and you don't like it standing on your positive box, I'll say it again if no more IP's are signed or come May the company is at 18 cents , this page will be a negative joint, that's not me being negative that's the facts, but im hoping this isn't the fact and where flying announcement after announcement, Green day after green day happy days and Akida is the talk of the town but they love the sound of silence At Brainchip apart from a patent being granted

Reactions: 1 users

schuey

Regular

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

View attachment 52947 View attachment 52948

BRN / CARNEGIE

Screenshot_20231230_064618_Chrome.jpg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 20 users

Tezza

Regular
If we (brainchip) do not get a few mentions and revealed to be in a couple (minimum) products at CES 2024, I fear 2024 will be another forgettable year for us.

I am also fearful of the fact that we as a company cannot give timelines to revenue. I would think if we are in products being released now and, or in the next 2 months that we would be able to show timelines to revenue.

I bought another very small parcel yesterday for my girls and remain positive toward the company, but I am not as positive as I once was that 2024 is our year.

I am a fan of Sean, however he needs to get of the fence and stop with the near future, shortly, soon etc rhetoric. He is paid well for his services and should have a very good idea of when proper revenue will start, and as share holders we too should have a better understanding of when.

Here's wishing you all a happy, healthy and prosperous 2024.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

cosors

👀
Hmmm........

Who hired who.......and why.

I identify strongly with this video.;)

😢
Screenshot_2023-12-29-22-53-16-71_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Here in Germany we have the f* lovely GEMA. A private agency that has the power about see or not to see for us via fees. Maybe that's the problem.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
If we (brainchip) do not get a few mentions and revealed to be in a couple (minimum) products at CES 2024, I fear 2024 will be another forgettable year for us.

I am also fearful of the fact that we as a company cannot give timelines to revenue. I would think if we are in products being released now and, or in the next 2 months that we would be able to show timelines to revenue.

I bought another very small parcel yesterday for my girls and remain positive toward the company, but I am not as positive as I once was that 2024 is our year.

I am a fan of Sean, however he needs to get of the fence and stop with the near future, shortly, soon etc rhetoric. He is paid well for his services and should have a very good idea of when proper revenue will start, and as share holders we too should have a better understanding of when.

Here's wishing you all a happy, healthy and prosperous 2024.
Sean has made a big statement for 2024 re this year more or less this need to start happening, partnerships and alot of companies talking to us, Akida 2 being made for companies so it's time

Reactions: 8 users

TECH

Regular
Good morning,

As we stand currently, you cannot expect the Board or Executive Management Team to start issuing forward revenue predications or
assumptions, I'm sorry but that's just the reality of the situation.

When or if an IP License agreement is signed, Sean has already publicly stated that a 7 digit figure is involved, he has also stated a number
of times that the signing of an IP License is very early on in the process, so how can they forward "guess" how many IP Licenses will be
secured over the next 3-5 year period ?...they can't !

Then comes the Royalty Revenue, once again, Antonio has already publicly stated that a company that we have no control over can
design, tape-out, test and retest then decide after 2/3 years to not even go ahead and produce a product for mass production, meaning
no revenue for us.

Then, depending on the small print, if they don't sell a certain amount of units, well we don't get paid any Royalties.

Small revenue is expected from on-going Engineering Services, Evaluation Boards and E-Boxes.

That's the reality of the current state of play, from my understanding, if Tony or someone else within the company wishes to correct me, well
it's all cool.

Regards...Tech (y)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Tezza

Regular
Good morning,

As we stand currently, you cannot expect the Board or Executive Management Team to start issuing forward revenue predications or

When or if an IP License agreement is signed, Sean has already publicly stated that a 7 digit figure is involved, he has also stated a number
of times that the signing of an IP License is very early on in the process, so how can they forward "guess" how many IP Licenses will be

Then comes the Royalty Revenue, once again, Antonio has already publicly stated that a company that we have no control over can
design, tape-out, test and retest then decide after 2/3 years to not even go ahead and produce a product for mass production, meaning
no revenue for us.

Then, depending on the small print, if they don't sell a certain amount of units, well we don't get paid any Royalties.

Small revenue is expected from on-going Engineering Services, Evaluation Boards and E-Boxes.

That's the reality of the current state of play, from my understanding, if Tony or someone else within the company wishes to correct me, well
it's all cool.

Regards...Tech (y)
Not to seem argumentative as I am well aware of my limited knowledge regarding most things business and everything tech wise, however every company I have worked with has budgets and part of the budgets are forward forecasting. Not all are reached and some are very conservative but all have targets.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

cosors

👀
I am not debunking this theory at all Bravo. And I do love your input on the forum. However how does Panasonic, cadence, MIRISE and Synopsis play a part if it is our technology?

I do know that we have a foot in with Socionext and Renasas, but why mention all the other names and not mention Brainchip?
Maybe because Brainchip is a T3 or T4 supplier here. I can name suppliers that none of you know but that are globally visible to all of you. No mention in the press. First get your foot in the door and then grow I think (me thinks?).

Reactions: 12 users

Kachoo

Regular
Maybe because Brainchip is a T3 or T4 supplier here. I can name suppliers that none of you know but that are globally visible to all of you. No mention in the press. First get your foot in the door and then grow I think (me thinks?).
This is exactly the point that was made by Sean at the AGM. Brainchip and Akida are not likely to get much mention coverage in many products. We are low on the food chain.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

The Pope

Regular
Good morning,

no revenue for us.

it's all cool.

Regards...Tech (y)
Hi tech,

I’m curious on the time frames you have given on potential IP licences of 3 to 5 years. Why not this year?
Also you Indicated small revenue is only projected so based on the above alone and nothing else in your posted comments provided then it’s looking odds on that BRN are headed for a capital raise by no later than late 2024 to continue as planned by Sean and Co. This is based on current cash burn rates provided in BRN 4c’s and yearly reports linked to number of BRN staff and other fix costs that BRN have to absorb
The quoted seven figure IP licence (say $5m) would push potential capital raise out by a quarter only (4c).
I’m also more than happy for Fact Finder, BRN management (current business plan) or anyone qualified from accounting point of view to correct me in any way but when you do please refer to Tech’s post that I’m referencing to as I MAY have misunderstood something in Tech’s post.

Note - sorry to all but I have taken one of David Holland’s negative pills this morning after reading Tech’s post. It should wear off in the next hour or two.

Cheers
The Pope

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

manny100

Regular
Hi All

A little bit of historical context to start with:

Sean Hehir interview with Mark Kennis after 2022 AGM - extract below

Sean: But what I said yesterday at our AGM, I think is very, very true. We spent nine years building this amazing technology. It’s transformational in its capability and powerful, but we were not doing enough in our go-to-market motion. So, I started to build the go-to-market motion, and I laid about five or six steps.

One was clarifying the business model. That was very, very important. Chips or IP?

We clarified that it’s IP.

A really important step.

We do have chips available, boards and things like that, but the revenue streams of the company are gonna be IP.” - (note the admission by Sean Hehir here that they have PoC's available.)

This was six to seven months before Jens Paetau joined Branchip and so it could not have come as any surprise that when Chris Stevens recruited him to his position it must have been on the basis that he would be selling IP not chips.

In his response to the Hans Peter question he states “they do not realize most designs start with a chip for a PoC and later develop an ASIC.”

Apparently at his initial on the job training Chris Stevens failed to mention to him that Brainchip had available the AKD1000 proof of concept (PoC) chip and that AKD1500 was due to tape out within a short while and the AKD1500 proof of concept chips would be available mid year.

If anyone doubts that AKD1000 was a proof of concept chip all they need do is go back to 2020 and listen to one of the many interviews done by the then CEO Mr. Dinardo who on many occasions used this very term 'proof of concept' to describe AKD1000 and stated that it was required by those companies they were dealing with who were deciding whether to proceed with AKIDA and that this was entirely understandable given a company would need to invest 30, 40 or 50 million dollars to design and bring a product to market.

Though the CEO Mr. Dinardo had left by the time Jens Paetau arrived Rob Telson who worked closely with Mr. Dinardo along with Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar and many others also understood the importance of proof of concept chips.

Apparently as part of his own due diligence he missed the statement made by Sean Hehir his CEO that a proof of concept AKIDA 2.0 would likely be produced after the IP was publicly released. As we all know once you settle on the IP design you then have to have engineering work on the layout for the proof of concept chip so from IP to proof of concept chip in hand necessarily takes some time.

For those of you who follow such things the first release of the AKIDA 2.0 specs indicated that 'P' would have a capacity of 50 TOPS however after it was in the hands of the early access customers some further upgrades by way of adding extra nodes were made lifting 'P' to 131 TOPS. It might be thought sensible to not race in and produce a proof of concept chip until you have settled on the IP design but I will leave that to others better qualified to say.

He also appears to have missed the announcement that Brainchip and VVDN will be releasing an AKIDA EDGE Box at CES 2024 and advance orders will be taken thereafter. Sean Hehir CEO has not used the term proof of concept but has described it as something which Brainchip itself will use as a demonstrator with customers.

Clearly having been brought on by Chris Stevens there are lines between which on can read here that Jens Paetau's skill set and or personality may not have met the expectations of the new Vice President of Sales Steve Thorne and that he was likely given a heads up at Christmas drinks closing off the 2023 financial year in the USA that he did not form part of future planning. The fact that he was looking for a position between Christmas and New Year fits neatly with this scenario having immediately before Christmas been talking up his attendance for Brainchip at sensor tradeshows in 2024.

The fact that Jens Paetau has relied upon flawed facts to enhance his job prospects when asked why he was leaving Brainchip destroys his credibility in my opinion but whether he stays or goes is actually not for me to judge as an outsider but if he has been asked to move on by the new Vice President of Sales then his character as evidenced in these posts would not give me pause to doubt the correctness of that decision.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Yep, we do utilise chips. Renesas taped out a shiete load duriNg 2023.
I posted this over on the crapper.
Renesas should well and truly have those chips they announced they were taping out in circa Dec'22. Renesas would not have produced them to gather dust.
Interestingly, Renesas produces around 3.5 billion chips per year. Around 50% for automotive and the rest spread around key markets such as Industrial and IoT.
Additionally, it is interesting that Renesas has formed a strategic partnership (circa June'22) with Tata Motors to design and make semiconductor solutions.
I am not suggesting this partnership involves AKIDA because we do not know for sure (NDAs?), but it is duly noted that they are both part of our eco system that Sean with his team have built for the very purpose of serving Tata Motors/Renesas type partneships.
Renesas is very basically/generally a system on chip company (SOC). It produces a whole range of solutions for various industries.
Who said we were IP only? Renesas has taped out sheite loads of AKIDA chips for either clients or the garbage bin. You guess which one??
Then i posted.
The eco systems at the Edge and general IT are a real web. We are partnered with Tata Elxsi in relation to health. Tata Elxi is partnered with Tata Motors who are partnered with Renesas.
Link to the Tata Elxi/Tata Motors Partnership.
Tata Elxsi - Tata Elxsi’s ‘TETHER’ paves the way for Tata Motors Connected Vehicle Platform to scale new heights.
We do not know what the Renesas intention is with their chips but its not dot joining to say they were taped out as part of an IT solution for one of their clients - after all that is what Renesas does as a business.
Sean said the reason (one of the reasons) BRN was heading to IP was the cost to BRN of chip production. However it costs us nothing if companies like Renesas produce under licence and sell them. We make money but a lot less than we would on IP or our own paid for chips.
Who ever said we do not use chips does not know much about BRN.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Kachoo

Regular
Hi tech,

I’m curious on the time frames you have given on potential IP licences of 3 to 5 years. Why not this year?
Also you Indicated small revenue is only projected so based on the above alone and nothing else in your posted comments provided then it’s looking odds on that BRN are headed for a capital raise by no later late 2024 to continue as planned by Sean and Co. This is based on current cash burn rates provided in BRN 4c’s and yearly reports linked to number of BRN staff.
The quoted seven figure IP licence (say $5m) would push potential capital raise out by a quarter only (4c).
I’m also more than happy for Fact Finder, BRN management (current business plan) or anyone qualified from accounting point of view to correct me in any way but when you do please refer to Tech’s post that I’m referencing to as I MAY have misunderstood something in Tech’s post.

Note - sorry to all but I have taken one of David Holland’s negative pills this morning after reading Tech’s post. It should wear off in the next hour or two.

Cheers
The Pope
Mr TP.

Tech nor anyone on this forum knows how the business works or could gauge revenues. This is left for The CFO and board to deal with.

As we have many unknowns.
1. Valeo ??
2 . VVDN edge Box ??
3. Unigen ??
4. Renesas ??
5. Megachips ??
6. Circle 8 ???
7. Teksun ???
8. Future IP deals??

Its quite possible that we could see 20 million or 2 million nobody knows. We really do need to watch the financial that have basicly showed limited revenue.

Even if hypotheticaly the company made 10 million at a burn of 20 million a year thats 2 extra quarterss if they make 20 million we push our funds by 4 quarters.

The reality is once we start making money alittle more will also be spent o tape outs and other things to grow the buisness.

I would not look at the number specifically but who is doing the tape outs and volumes they sell.

So nobody is qualified to gauge what we make it could be 0 to 40 million (my wish)

Time will tell.

All I can say is that there are alot of links to promises but we do need delivery.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

manny100

Regular
Yep, we do utilise chips. Renesas taped out a shiete load duriNg 2023.
I posted this over on the crapper.
Renesas should well and truly have those chips they announced they were taping out in circa Dec'22. Renesas would not have produced them to gather dust.
Interestingly, Renesas produces around 3.5 billion chips per year. Around 50% for automotive and the rest spread around key markets such as Industrial and IoT.
Additionally, it is interesting that Renesas has formed a strategic partnership (circa June'22) with Tata Motors to design and make semiconductor solutions.
I am not suggesting this partnership involves AKIDA because we do not know for sure (NDAs?), but it is duly noted that they are both part of our eco system that Sean with his team have built for the very purpose of serving Tata Motors/Renesas type partneships.
Renesas is very basically/generally a system on chip company (SOC). It produces a whole range of solutions for various industries.
Who said we were IP only? Renesas has taped out sheite loads of AKIDA chips for either clients or the garbage bin. You guess which one??
Then i posted.
The eco systems at the Edge and general IT are a real web. We are partnered with Tata Elxsi in relation to health. Tata Elxi is partnered with Tata Motors who are partnered with Renesas.
Link to the Tata Elxi/Tata Motors Partnership.
Tata Elxsi - Tata Elxsi’s ‘TETHER’ paves the way for Tata Motors Connected Vehicle Platform to scale new heights.
We do not know what the Renesas intention is with their chips but its not dot joining to say they were taped out as part of an IT solution for one of their clients - after all that is what Renesas does as a business.
Sean said the reason (one of the reasons) BRN was heading to IP was the cost to BRN of chip production. However it costs us nothing if companies like Renesas produce under licence and sell them. We make money but a lot less than we would on IP or our own paid for chips.
Who ever said we do not use chips does not know much about BRN.
Further to my earlier post Renesas do not just pump out chips - never. They pump out solutions as solutions.
Its not dot joining to suggest that the AKIDA chips they produced were solutions for a client(s).

• Fire

Diogenese

Top 20
Nice.

Hi DB,

That is for computer software. In a triumph of form over function, the lawyers decided that software is to be protected by copyright for 70 years after the author dies.

However, the method implemented by the software may be protectable under patent law if it is inventive, so there may be a contemporaneous patent application which may not be published for 18 months.

• Wow

Diogenese

Top 20
Nice.

Hi DB,

That is for computer software. In a triumph of form over function, the lawyers decided that software is to be protected by copyright for 70 years after the author dies.

However, the method implemented by the software may be protectable under patent law if it is inventive, so there may be a contemporaneous patent application which may not be published for 18 months.

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom