BRN Discussion Ongoing

Hi tech,

I’m curious on the time frames you have given on potential IP licences of 3 to 5 years. Why not this year?
Better hurry as only another 36 hours

1703895898603.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
This is exactly the point that was made by Sean at the AGM. Brainchip and Akida are not likely to get much mention coverage in many products. We are low on the food chain.
I 100% agree it's not about Brainchip with these big companies hence why it's quiet, we could be 1 of many in products so why would we get a mention, however a strong team is I'm place to drive the product out there

I 100% agree it's not about Brainchip with these big companies hence why it's quiet, we could be 1 of many in products so why would we get a mention, however a strong team is I'm place to drive the product out there
Hello Deadrise

As either you or Dave never really end your sentences with a full stop, with multiple posts from both of you very similar on both sites (such a rookie)

IMG_5699.png

Or maybe

1703899401713.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Hi tech,

I’m curious on the time frames you have given on potential IP licences of 3 to 5 years. Why not this year?
Also you Indicated small revenue is only projected so based on the above alone and nothing else in your posted comments provided then it’s looking odds on that BRN are headed for a capital raise by no later than late 2024 to continue as planned by Sean and Co. This is based on current cash burn rates provided in BRN 4c’s and yearly reports linked to number of BRN staff and other fix costs that BRN have to absorb
The quoted seven figure IP licence (say $5m) would push potential capital raise out by a quarter only (4c).
I’m also more than happy for Fact Finder, BRN management (current business plan) or anyone qualified from accounting point of view to correct me in any way but when you do please refer to Tech’s post that I’m referencing to as I MAY have misunderstood something in Tech’s post.

Note - sorry to all but I have taken one of David Holland’s negative pills this morning after reading Tech’s post. It should wear off in the next hour or two.

Cheers
The Pope
Hi The Pope
Not sure if you have taken negative pills or sadly need to see my optometrist or eye surgeon but read this paragraph again as I do not read it as meaning what you have determined:

"When or if an IP License agreement is signed, Sean has already publicly stated that a 7 digit figure is involved, he has also stated a number
of times that the signing of an IP License is very early on in the process, so how can they forward "guess" how many IP Licenses will be
secured over the next 3-5 year period ?...they can't !"

All I understood from this paragraph was that Brainchip cannot issue guidance about how many IP licences will be signed with customers as they cannot predict what a potential target customer may or may not decide to do next week let alone 3 to 5 years ahead.

I believe that Tech would agree with you that a target customer could jump and sign on Tuesday or Wednesday next week or not or at any time over the next 12 months.

Indeed if you go back to 2020 and the interview with Mr. Dinardo after the trading halt to announce Renesas taking the IP licence for two nodes he actually stated it came out of the blue as Renesas decided to move much more quickly than Brainchip ever imagined.

We have also heard the opposite side of this coin that target customers are taking longer than they have ever imagined in part due to chip shortages and economic uncertainties.

We have also heard that target customers have gone through the whole process of testing and confirmed that Brainchip have won the design process only to have companies close down the division that Brainchip was dealing with before the IP licence could be signed.

We even have the known fact that Megachips can be selling IP licences to target customers and the only evidence that we might have of it occurring is when money turns up in a 4C report to shareholders.

All this before we consider the stated fact by the Chair at the AGM that they are very flexible with their sales model and so as Diogenese has stated on many occasions they may proceed as partners with a target customer first off and the IP licence may be dealt with in such a manner as to not involve a reportable upfront financial payment but be amortized over the product life as Brainchip shares in the sales proceeds if the product is successful. I personally suspect that this is the arrangement they have with Tata Elxsi and Socionext.

My opinion only DYOR including confirming that my view of what Tech is saying is correct.
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 69 users
Hi tech,

Also you Indicated small revenue is only projected so based on the above alone and nothing else in your posted comments provided then it’s looking odds on that BRN are headed for a capital raise by no later than late 2024 to continue as planned by Sean and Co. This is based on current cash burn rates provided in BRN 4c’s and yearly reports linked to number of BRN staff and other fix costs that BRN have to absorb
The quoted seven figure IP licence (say $5m) would push potential capital raise out by a quarter only (4c).
I’m also more than happy for Fact Finder, BRN management (current business plan) or anyone qualified from accounting point of view to correct me in any way but when you do please refer to Tech’s post that I’m referencing to as I MAY have misunderstood something in Tech’s post.

Note - sorry to all but I have taken one of David Holland’s negative pills this morning after reading Tech’s post. It should wear off in the next hour or two.

Cheers
The Pope
When I get positive news I'll be more confident with my investment, I'm all in alot to lose so yeah I'm a little worried as I'm all in

Reactions: 3 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Hello Deadrise

As either you or Dave never really end your sentences with a full stop, with multiple posts from both of you very similar on both sites (such a rookie)

View attachment 53019
Or maybe

View attachment 53023

Who cares? It's just another dead beat on the crapper who either has an agenda or is completely miserable with their decisions in life.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
View attachment 53011

Hi ILL,

The heavy reliance on MACs by Intel's NPUs probably excludes Akida.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/bahm...0/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_android

Like most AI accelerators, Intel's NPUs rely heavily on multiply-accumulate (MAC) units. MAC speeds up complex multiplication operations by reducing the need to shift data between memory and registers.

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Hi All
I am loath to mention the individual from the other place because I apparently reside rent free in his head for reasons which are only known to him however he has made out that there is no basis for the hypothesis that Chris Stevens brought Jens Paetau onboard. Well actually any other view that he was brought on by someone else has to be based on complete fantasy. The original announcement of Chris Stevens appointment states that building out the sales team was Chris Stevens direct responsibility:

Chris Stevens, Industry Veteran Joins BrainChip to Lead WW Sales​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – September 8, 2022 BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI IP, announced that Chris Stevens has joined as Vice President of WW Sales to lead and expand BrainChip sales. Mr. Stevens will leverage his extensive sales leadership experience and semiconductor network to drive customer opportunity and revenue.
Mr. Stevens was most recently Global Vice President of Sales for Syntiant Corporation, a leading edge AI semiconductor provider, where he built a world-wide sales team and drove revenue growth with tier-1 key accounts. He has also held executive sales positions at Centercode, Lantronix, Mindspeed Technologies, and Texas Instruments. An electrical engineer by training, Stevens is intimate with edge AI semiconductor technology, its ecosystem, and the requirements to accelerate adoption and sales.
“I have tracked BrainChip’s progress closely, as I’ve been selling into the same edge AI market. I am thrilled to take this sales leadership role with confidence as AkidaTM is uniquely superior and positioned to be the de facto standard for edge AI semiconductor IP”, said Stevens. “With use-case, market, and customer targeting, I’m certain I will contribute to further ecosystem penetration and accelerated sales”.
“Our focus on commercialization is unrelenting and critical to the next phase of scaling our business”, said Sean Hehir, CEO. “Chris brings deep domain experience and sales acumen; I’m certain he is going to have significant impact on our strategic objectives”.
Mr. Stevens will manage and grow BrainChip’s WW Sales and Technical Sales teams, while Rob Telson, the former VP of WW Sales, will now manage and grow Ecosystems and Partnerships.

After Chris Stevens left Brainchip on his LinkedIn page one of his claims was that while employed in his role at Brainchip he was responsible for 'building out' the Brainchip sales team.

Now as I said it is complete fantasy to suggest that the person who brought on Jens Paetau was other than Chris Stevens as he was tasked by the CEO Sean Hehir to do this very thing and after Chris Stevens leaves Brainchip he takes credit for having done so.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Thinking

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

The Pope

Regular
Hi The Pope
Not sure if you have taken negative pills or sadly need to see my optometrist or eye surgeon but read this paragraph again as I do not read it as meaning what you have determined:

"When or if an IP License agreement is signed, Sean has already publicly stated that a 7 digit figure is involved, he has also stated a number
of times that the signing of an IP License is very early on in the process, so how can they forward "guess" how many IP Licenses will be
secured over the next 3-5 year period ?...they can't !"

All I understood from this paragraph was that Brainchip cannot issue guidance about how many IP licences will be signed with customers as they cannot predict what a potential target customer may or may not decide to do next week let alone 3 to 5 years ahead.

I believe that Tech would agree with you that a target customer could jump and sign on Tuesday or Wednesday next week or not or at any time over the next 12 months.

Indeed if you go back to 2020 and the interview with Mr. Dinardo after the trading halt to announce Renesas taking the IP licence for two nodes he actually stated it came out of the blue as Renesas decided to move much more quickly than Brainchip ever imagined.

We have also heard the opposite side of this coin that target customers are taking longer than they have ever imagined in part due to chip shortages and economic uncertainties.

We have also heard that target customers have gone through the whole process of testing and confirmed that Brainchip have won the design process only to have companies close down the division that Brainchip was dealing with before the IP licence could be signed.

We even have the known fact that Megachips can be selling IP licences to target customers and the only evidence that we might have of it occurring is when money turns up in a 4C report to shareholders.

All this before we consider the stated fact by the Chair at the AGM that they are very flexible with their sales model and so as Diogenese has stated on many occasions they may proceed as partners with a target customer first off and the IP licence may be dealt with in such a manner as to not involve a reportable upfront financial payment but be amortized over the product life as Brainchip shares in the sales proceeds if the product is successful. I personally suspect that this is the arrangement they have with Tata Elxsi and Socionext.

My opinion only DYOR including confirming that my view of what Tech is saying is correct.
Fact Finder
Hi FF

Thanks for the detailed reply. Much appreciated.
For me you answered part of my question and that is all good.

Based on all your knowledge, emails and conversations with BRN management and other sources from your own research in the past year, how confident are you that the CFO and executive committee of BRN will not proceed with a capital raise by mid to late 2024?

Happy for anyone else to chip in with their thoughts. A good conversation starter. 😝

Looking forward to potentially sort and sharp reply but happy with a longer reply if needed.

Thanks
TP

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Hi FF

Based on all your knowledge, emails and conversations with BRN management and other sources from your own research in the past year, how confident are you that the CFO and executive committee of BRN will not proceed with a capital raise by mid to late 2024?

Happy for anyone else to chip in with their thoughts. A good conversation starter. 😝

Looking forward to potentially sort and sharp reply but happy with a longer reply if needed.

Thanks
TP
Pope it doesn't matter if we capital raise, be confident rise above your doubt, don't be negative have faith in the company 6 months 5 years who cares ,Brainchip is ahead of the field ,3 years advantage PVDM Has stated this , 2 IP's signed piano piano , Say a few to the great man and you'll be at ease, 24 if it doesn't happen I've got total faith in our management

Reactions: 1 users
Hi FF

Thanks
TP
Hi The Pope

The Chief Financial Officer Ken Scarince is extremely conservative and appears to like running tight budgets so I doubt that with the present capital raise still running he has discussed when the next one if needed will take place.

At a personal level until the current capital raise completes and we know what it raised and CES 2024 is done and dusted I have no idea if and when a further raise will be necessary or if at all.

Too many unknowns yet for me to postulate.

However there are those who have crystal balls who are certain at the next AGM there will be a second strike and a Board spill followed by liquidation. The upside of which will be that a capital raise will not be necessary.

Not that we will know about it because the same crystal ball is predicting mass hysteria and suicide by long term holders when this occurs. 😂🤡🤣

One of many things the practise of law taught me was there is absolutely no value in predictions based on flawed or incomplete data.

Another thing it taught me was the less experienced my client was of the court process the more insistent they were to have predictions made before all the evidence/data was available to be assessed.

If I had a dollar for every time a client asked what are my chances and having been told well when I see the police brief I will tell you only to have them reply yes but what are my chances. The desire to know the unknowable is very deep and primeval.

I suspect that those who manipulate for perverse fun or profit understand that inexperienced investors are anxious to know the future and that they can play on this anxiety by making negative predictions about future events before all the data is in and be confident that those who are waiting for the data will be in no position to contradict them at that point.

While the data is accumulating they will have had free sway and manipulated the outcome they are seeking whether it be to have people buy or sell.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 53 users

The Pope

Regular
Hi The Pope

The Chief Financial Officer Ken Scarince is extremely conservative and appears to like running tight budgets so I doubt that with the present capital raise still running he has discussed when the next one if needed will take place.

At a personal level until the current capital raise completes and we know what it raised and CES 2024 is done and dusted I have no idea if and when a further raise will be necessary or if at all.

Too many unknowns yet for me to postulate.

However there are those who have crystal balls who are certain at the next AGM there will be a second strike and a Board spill followed by liquidation. The upside of which will be that a capital raise will not be necessary.

Not that we will know about it because the same crystal ball is predicting mass hysteria and suicide by long term holders when this occurs. 😂🤡🤣

One of many things the practise of law taught me was there is absolutely no value in predictions based on flawed or incomplete data.

Another thing it taught me was the less experienced my client was of the court process the more insistent they were to have predictions made before all the evidence/data was available to be assessed.

If I had a dollar for every time a client asked what are my chances and having been told well when I see the police brief I will tell you only to have them reply yes but what are my chances. The desire to know the unknowable is very deep and primeval.

I suspect that those who manipulate for perverse fun or profit understand that inexperienced investors are anxious to know the future and that they can play on this anxiety by making negative predictions about future events before all the data is in and be confident that those who are waiting for the data will be in no position to contradict them at that point.

While the data is accumulating they will have had free sway and manipulated the outcome they are seeking whether it be to have people buy or sell.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Hi FF

Thanks for the detailed reply. Again much appreciated. I do understand all your thoughts.
While I do have faith BRN will come through and be successful I do find another capital raise a little interesting but without any anxiety from my point of view. Just looking at potentially further buying opportunities in 2024 if there was a capital raise later next year by BRN CFO

Wishing you a happy new year

Cheers
TP

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hi FF

Thanks for the detailed reply. Again much appreciated. I do understand all your thoughts.
While I do have faith BRN will come through and be successful I do find another capital raise a little interesting but without any anxiety from my point of view. Just looking at potentially further buying opportunities in 2024 if there was a capital raise later next year by BRN CFO

Wishing you a happy new year

Cheers
TP
Unfortunately with this company without any concrete news the vultures short the crap out of it, May somebody drop the Akida name at the CES in January please

Reactions: 4 users

TECH

Regular
Unfortunately with this company without any concrete news the vultures short the crap out of it, May somebody drop the Akida name at the CES in January please

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Good morning,

As we stand currently, you cannot expect the Board or Executive Management Team to start issuing forward revenue predications or
assumptions, I'm sorry but that's just the reality of the situation.

When or if an IP License agreement is signed, Sean has already publicly stated that a 7 digit figure is involved, he has also stated a number
secured over the next 3-5 year period ?...they can't !

Then comes the Royalty Revenue, once again, Antonio has already publicly stated that a company that we have no control over can
design, tape-out, test and retest then decide after 2/3 years to not even go ahead and produce a product for mass production, meaning
no revenue for us.

Then, depending on the small print, if they don't sell a certain amount of units, well we don't get paid any Royalties.

Small revenue is expected from on-going Engineering Services, Evaluation Boards and E-Boxes.

That's the reality of the current state of play, from my understanding, if Tony or someone else within the company wishes to correct me, well
it's all cool.

Regards...Tech (y)
If we don’t have any more IP deals by end of 2025 or solid continuing revenue via Royalties from existing costumers I will have to face the hard fact that I bought too early 🙃

In my honest opinion, I am expecting a slow but steady increase in sales and revenue from various channels from mid 2024———->

I think first revenue will be edge Box with VVDN which will lead to more interest in IP sales.

Second I am hoping Renasas chip with Akida IP comes on market which was said to be in last quarter of 2023. Hoping it is still in close proximity to this expected release date.

Thirdly I am hoping Megachips get something happening considering their initial investment in IP I’m assuming they had something in mind for this… (they do..)

Fourth is in my opinion a space initiative that will bring revenue. Eg. NASA,Varago,

Fifth I am hoping one of the known partnerships will turn into commercial partnership and IP deals Eg. Tata, Arm, Ford, Mercedes, Nviso, etc.

Sixth I am putting my money on Valeo Laidar, however I am not convinced that we are in Scala 3 yet. I want it to be, but by my understanding it takes a loooong time to get new technology into products especially safety features in cars in mass production., and without IP deal I just don’t see it being the case yet. Happy to be wrong, I’m sure Chapman 89 will come at me here! 😅

All in my opinion of course and time will tell.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

M_C

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Love
Top Bottom