BRN Discussion Ongoing

My Uncle is in that band ☺️
Ffffing cool 👍
One of my favourite songs.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Unfortunately with this company without any concrete news the vultures short the crap out of it, May somebody drop the Akida name at the CES in January please
Hey Deadrise why don’t you just go back to where you belong

1703920154993.gif

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Hi All

A little bit of historical context to start with:

Sean Hehir interview with Mark Kennis after 2022 AGM - extract below

Sean: But what I said yesterday at our AGM, I think is very, very true. We spent nine years building this amazing technology. It’s transformational in its capability and powerful, but we were not doing enough in our go-to-market motion. So, I started to build the go-to-market motion, and I laid about five or six steps.

One was clarifying the business model. That was very, very important. Chips or IP?

We clarified that it’s IP.

A really important step.

We do have chips available, boards and things like that, but the revenue streams of the company are gonna be IP.” - (note the admission by Sean Hehir here that they have PoC's available.)

This was six to seven months before Jens Paetau joined Branchip and so it could not have come as any surprise that when Chris Stevens recruited him to his position it must have been on the basis that he would be selling IP not chips.

In his response to the Hans Peter question he states “they do not realize most designs start with a chip for a PoC and later develop an ASIC.”

Apparently at his initial on the job training Chris Stevens failed to mention to him that Brainchip had available the AKD1000 proof of concept (PoC) chip and that AKD1500 was due to tape out within a short while and the AKD1500 proof of concept chips would be available mid year.

If anyone doubts that AKD1000 was a proof of concept chip all they need do is go back to 2020 and listen to one of the many interviews done by the then CEO Mr. Dinardo who on many occasions used this very term 'proof of concept' to describe AKD1000 and stated that it was required by those companies they were dealing with who were deciding whether to proceed with AKIDA and that this was entirely understandable given a company would need to invest 30, 40 or 50 million dollars to design and bring a product to market.

Though the CEO Mr. Dinardo had left by the time Jens Paetau arrived Rob Telson who worked closely with Mr. Dinardo along with Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar and many others also understood the importance of proof of concept chips.

Apparently as part of his own due diligence he missed the statement made by Sean Hehir his CEO that a proof of concept AKIDA 2.0 would likely be produced after the IP was publicly released. As we all know once you settle on the IP design you then have to have engineering work on the layout for the proof of concept chip so from IP to proof of concept chip in hand necessarily takes some time.

For those of you who follow such things the first release of the AKIDA 2.0 specs indicated that 'P' would have a capacity of 50 TOPS however after it was in the hands of the early access customers some further upgrades by way of adding extra nodes were made lifting 'P' to 131 TOPS. It might be thought sensible to not race in and produce a proof of concept chip until you have settled on the IP design but I will leave that to others better qualified to say.

He also appears to have missed the announcement that Brainchip and VVDN will be releasing an AKIDA EDGE Box at CES 2024 and advance orders will be taken thereafter. Sean Hehir CEO has not used the term proof of concept but has described it as something which Brainchip itself will use as a demonstrator with customers.

Clearly having been brought on by Chris Stevens there are lines between which on can read here that Jens Paetau's skill set and or personality may not have met the expectations of the new Vice President of Sales Steve Thorne and that he was likely given a heads up at Christmas drinks closing off the 2023 financial year in the USA that he did not form part of future planning. The fact that he was looking for a position between Christmas and New Year fits neatly with this scenario having immediately before Christmas been talking up his attendance for Brainchip at sensor tradeshows in 2024.

The fact that Jens Paetau has relied upon flawed facts to enhance his job prospects when asked why he was leaving Brainchip destroys his credibility in my opinion but whether he stays or goes is actually not for me to judge as an outsider but if he has been asked to move on by the new Vice President of Sales then his character as evidenced in these posts would not give me pause to doubt the correctness of that decision.

My opinion only DYOR
Fact Finder
Fact Finder The company Tenstorrent if spelt correctly,
This company won a contract to work with LG, I noticed there is links with Brainchip and the company mention,
I believe there could be a 3 way link here into LG Products ,thoughts ?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
This company won a contract to work with LG, I noticed there is links with Brainchip and the company mention,
Deadrise don’t try and be

1703920394963.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
If we don’t have any more IP deals by end of 2025 or solid continuing revenue via Royalties from existing costumers I will have to face the hard fact that I bought too early 🙃

In my honest opinion, I am expecting a slow but steady increase in sales and revenue from various channels from mid 2024———->

I think first revenue will be edge Box with VVDN which will lead to more interest in IP sales.

Second I am hoping Renasas chip with Akida IP comes on market which was said to be in last quarter of 2023. Hoping it is still in close proximity to this expected release date.

Thirdly I am hoping Megachips get something happening considering their initial investment in IP I’m assuming they had something in mind for this… (they do..)

Fourth is in my opinion a space initiative that will bring revenue. Eg. NASA,Varago,

Fifth I am hoping one of the known partnerships will turn into commercial partnership and IP deals Eg. Tata, Arm, Ford, Mercedes, Nviso, etc.

Sixth I am putting my money on Valeo Laidar, however I am not convinced that we are in Scala 3 yet. I want it to be, but by my understanding it takes a loooong time to get new technology into products especially safety features in cars in mass production., and without IP deal I just don’t see it being the case yet. Happy to be wrong, I’m sure Chapman 89 will come at me here! 😅

All in my opinion of course and time will tell.
Pick a year.
What happened to Renesas late 2023.
Now it's 2025.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
  • Haha
  • Sad

Kachoo

Regular
If we don’t have any more IP deals by end of 2025 or solid continuing revenue via Royalties from existing costumers I will have to face the hard fact that I bought too early 🙃

In my honest opinion, I am expecting a slow but steady increase in sales and revenue from various channels from mid 2024———->

I think first revenue will be edge Box with VVDN which will lead to more interest in IP sales.

Second I am hoping Renasas chip with Akida IP comes on market which was said to be in last quarter of 2023. Hoping it is still in close proximity to this expected release date.

Thirdly I am hoping Megachips get something happening considering their initial investment in IP I’m assuming they had something in mind for this… (they do..)

Fourth is in my opinion a space initiative that will bring revenue. Eg. NASA,Varago,

Fifth I am hoping one of the known partnerships will turn into commercial partnership and IP deals Eg. Tata, Arm, Ford, Mercedes, Nviso, etc.

Sixth I am putting my money on Valeo Laidar, however I am not convinced that we are in Scala 3 yet. I want it to be, but by my understanding it takes a loooong time to get new technology into products especially safety features in cars in mass production., and without IP deal I just don’t see it being the case yet. Happy to be wrong, I’m sure Chapman 89 will come at me here! 😅

All in my opinion of course and time will tell.
I'll just point out they announced a joint partnership way back in 2019 I believe. So Scala 3 is a possibility as the planning would have occurred even sooner then the announcement. It reads they had a joint partnership development. This would be similar to VVDN and Unigen. So licensing IP is not needed on Valeos part. That said they advertise as a partner so they are collaborating. Now we can speculate we are in Scala 3 or not in it im not the expert. What I do know is that based on the history of how things unfolded I believe we are in it and will see revenue.

Valeo may not need to announce anything to the public as they are the main developer and Akida is a minor part of the system. Likely BRN will be happy to be paid for their part and that will be it. Valeo if you look at their site likely use parts and components from many companies none of which are advertised.
Its a fact that many things we by our TV do we know all the components and who built what? Its just the way it is Akida sells to OEM and Suppliers not to final consumers hence we will not be advertised. The Edge box will be advertised as it is a different can of worms and a different Company that builds multiple boxes so they would need to be differentiated.

This is all my opinion take it for what its worth to you mate. Cheers

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

@DerAktienDude ... can you please translate this for us

• Haha
Have you used your quota for pictures Willy wonka

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha
Like to think these writers are closer to the action than most of us, especially those that have quals and a deep interest in the industry. Trusting what he is thinking will come up big next year and we will be a part of it.

More a general few paragraphs on neuromorphic I snipped from the article.

REFLECTIONS OF THE FUTURE: A GLIMPSE THROUGH A GLASS DARKLY IN 2024​

Kurt Cagle
16 hours ago

As we stand on the precipice of 2024, the metaphorical "glass darkly" is a lens through which we seek glimpses of the unfolding future.

In this reflective journey, we contemplate the potential trends, challenges, and transformative shifts that may shape the year ahead.

I started Through a Glass Darkly back in 2003, and it has become, for me, a chance to identify those trends that I think are likely to play out over the next year to two years. I haven't always published it, and my track record is far from perfect, but normally because a trend that I thought would "break out" that year took longer than I thought to incubate.

If there's a theme, it's that we're now entering a period not of rapid evolution but rather iterative refinement.

1703935391064.png

Crystal Fish and Neuromorphic Chips​

You will likely hear about Neuromorphic chips and quartz crystal storage a great deal this year. Neuromorphic chips are designed specifically to carry deep language models and thus are optimized for complex retrieval. This is an example of a technology (neural networks) that is making the jump from software to hardware.

Most AI models currently run on GPUs, which are high-speed, high-capacity chips designed specifically for complex mathematical processing, which is very common in games and 3D rendering. However, for neural networks, this is actually more than a little overkill, as what is needed is less complex transformational pipelines involving deep math and very fast processing that requires considerably less precision on fairly basic numbers (16 and even 8-bit floating point numbers).

By creating specialized chips optimized this way, these give up a lot of the more powerful (and costlier) graphics features in exchange for blazing speed and optimized design for neural net kernels, something that sits at the heart of nearly all deep learning systems.

Additionally, many of these chips also incorporate localized data storage that sits in each node of the processor stack, significantly reducing the latency of data reads and writes considerably. Most of the major tech companies are now exploring some variation of the Neuromorphic chip for everything from specialized llamas for companies to something that could embed AI into a car, television set, IoT device, or drone, and neuromorphic chips will likely start appearing in production toward the latter half of 2024.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

Tothemoon24

Regular

This little pearler from Wevolver is simply giving a view point & promotion of our podcast 5 months ago with Tenstorrent .​

Its great to have theses individual view points shared & reaching 140.000 followers . 👌

IMG_8032.jpeg
BrainChip's Deep Dive into AI's Future: A Podcast with Tenstorrent's COO Keith Witek​

author avatar

Jessica Miley
29 Dec, 2023
FOLLOW
Sponsored

BrainChip's Deep Dive into AI's Future: A Podcast with Tenstorrent's COO Keith Witek

Navigating AI's Future in a Riveting Podcast Discussion​

Artificial Intelligence
- Edge AI
- Machine Learning
- Neuromorphic Computing
For those eager to grasp the intricacies of AI and neuromorphic computing BrainChip's podcast series stands out as a strong source of knowledge. In their 28th episode titled "This Is Our Mission," BrainChip's Rob Telson orchestrates a riveting conversation with Tenstorrent's COO, Keith Witek, and BrainChip's CMO, Nandan Nayampally. This episode provides a treasure trove of insights, making it a must-listen for engineers working in the industry or warning to know more about the cutting edge of computing.

About the Guests​

Rob Telson, the Vice President of Ecosystem and Partnerships at BrainChip, is the dynamic force behind the podcast series. With a keen eye for curating meaningful discussions, Telson ensures that each episode is both enlightening and engaging. His role at BrainChip involves fostering partnerships and building a robust ecosystem, making him the perfect host to bridge the gap between technical intricacies and their real-world implications.
Keith Witek, the COO of Tenstorrent, boasts an impressive resume. With degrees spanning Business, Computing, Electrical Engineering, and Law, Witek has left his mark at tech giants like Google and Tesla. His expertise in strategic alliances, especially in consumer electronics, sets the stage for a profound discussion.
Nandan Nayampally, BrainChip's CMO, brings to the table a rich history in the semiconductor domain. With stints at AMD, Denali Software, and even Amazon's Alexa, Nayampally's insights into computing trends are invaluable.

Podcast Key Discussion Points​

AI's Staying Power: The realm of technology is no stranger to fleeting trends, but AI is not one of them. As discussed in the podcast, AI has firmly established itself as a transformative force, with its applications and implications reaching far and wide. The consensus between the experts is clear: AI's influence in shaping the future is undeniable, and its role in various sectors is only set to grow.
Real-world AI Impacts: The podcast delves into tangible ways AI is making a difference in our lives. From the significant reduction in car-related fatalities due to AI-driven safety features to the potential of personalized healthcare solutions tailored to individual needs, AI's footprint in real-world scenarios is expanding rapidly.
Challenges in AI Scalability: Despite its vast potential, AI faces its set of challenges. The podcast highlights issues like the massive influx of data that systems need to process and the impending slowdown of Moore’s Law. These challenges pose questions about the scalability and efficiency of current AI models.
Innovative Solutions: The conversation takes an optimistic turn when discussing the solutions. Industry leaders, including BrainChip and Tenstorrent, are at the forefront of addressing these challenges. Their innovative approaches and technologies promise to overcome existing barriers, paving the way for a more AI-integrated future.
Promising Tech Deployment Models: The podcast also touches upon the future of technology deployment. The concept of chiplets, for instance, offers a glimpse into the potential shifts in how we might approach hardware design and integration in the coming years, ensuring more efficient and scalable AI implementations.

Closing Thoughts​

This podcast episode is a great resource for anyone interested in the future of AI, regardless of their background or level of knowledge. It promises to offer insights into real-world applications, challenges, and solutions that are shaping the evolution of AI. As the world stands at the brink of an AI revolution, it becomes increasingly important to understand its nuances and potential implications.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

MDhere

Regular
Morning fellow brners,

Saw Magikeye is surfacing at Ces2024 which is good so I decided to check back on things with Shikino High tech having bought an undisclosed share of Magikeye. The building that Shikino working out of is an interesting one in Fukuoka institute of System LSI building which also houses Toshiba.
Somehow I referred back to the building that was pictured on Brainchips website but not quite the same and the building in Brainchip website appears to be a building in Madrid taken by a camera manufactured by Canon.
AND somehow from there I ended up in the hands of my love TCS and Renesas page which im sure has been shown before but I've added here.
So from Magikeye to Shikino to Fukuoka to Toshiba to Madrid to Canon to TCS and Renesas, ive completed an around the world trip in a matter of hours. I must say I did actually have fun. 🤣
Happy Yew Years Eve all.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Perhaps

Regular
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Perhaps

Regular
But it was what he was working on in this time that counts.
No hardware company called Zalmotec to find at www. All with a grain of salt. The self description has something of a big mouth, sorry.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom