BRN Discussion Ongoing

Iseki

Regular
Why do you think it's called "building an ecosystem" for, Iseki?...
Hi DB,

We've built the eco-system. Now we need contracts that lock in some of that ecosystem into a consortium that will actually produce what smaller members of the ecosystem can use. It needs to be set up by BrainChip as it's all about a chip with our IP. But all can profit.

It really is Dio's answer in a question: Who will herd the cats? That's Sean's job. Right there.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi DB,

We've built the eco-system. Now we need contracts that lock in some of that ecosystem into a consortium that will actually produce what smaller members of the ecosystem can use. It needs to be set up by BrainChip as it's all about a chip with our IP. But all can profit.

It really is Dio's answer in a question: Who will herd the cats? That's Sean's job. Right there.
The ecosystem is just starting in my opinion, but yes it's big enough now, to make things happen.

The way contracts will occur, between members of the ecosystem and us, is definitely not clear..

Which is the reason for Sean's now infamous "Watch the financials" statement.
What ever time frame things happening in the background, was suggesting, that didn't happen "to plan"..

But I'm at least "hoping" we are now moving forward, but it hasn't yet been reflected, in the financials.

Any Company strategies you have in mind, are best directed through Tony Dawe, if you think they trump what they are currently doing..

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Iseki

Regular
The ecosystem is just starting in my opinion, but yes it's big enough now, to make things happen.

The way contracts will occur, between members of the ecosystem and us, is definitely not clear..

Which is the reason for Sean's now infamous "Watch the financials" statement.
What ever time frame things happening in the background, was suggesting, that didn't happen "to plan"..

But I'm at least "hoping" we are now moving forward, but it hasn't yet been reflected, in the financials.

Any Company strategies you have in mind, are best directed through Tony Dawe, if you think they trump what they are currently doing..
"Any Company strategies you have in mind, are best directed through Tony Dawe, if you think they trump what they are currently doing.."

..Much better coming from FF or Dio or TECH or Chapman if they think it would be an improvement. (I'm just a farmer.)

Reactions: 2 users

TECH

Regular
Camels being horses designed by committee, I'm not sure a consortium is the best way to go. Who would be the cat-herder-in-chief?

The company has decided that its main business model will be in the licensing of Akida IP for customers to incorporate in their chips, rather than selling chips as a product.

As we know, this is a much longer time to market than simply making chips.

However, along the way, the company has gained an understanding that each customer has unique requirements, so a one-size-fits-all chip is not appropriate.

Akida IP now comes in 3 customizable flavours, e, s, p which can be incorporated into customer SoC including a processor.

https://brainchip.com/akida-generations/

e has up to 2 nodes (4*NPEs), and can be used for ultra-low power applications such as:
  • Vibration Detection
  • Anomaly Detection
  • Keyword Spotting
  • Sensor Fusion
  • Low-Res Presence Detection
  • Gesture Detection
at up to 200 MHz.

s has up to 8 nodes, and can be used for application such as:
  • Advanced Keyword Spotting
  • Sensor Fusion
  • Low-Res Presence Detection
  • Gesture Detection & Recognition
  • Object Classification
  • Biometric Recognition
  • Advanced Speech Recognition
  • Object Detection & Semantic Segmentation

at up to 500MHz.

- all without CPU intervention after initial configuration.

p has up to 256 nodes (1024 NPEs), and can be used for applications such as:

• Gesture Detection
  • Object Classification
  • Advanced Speech Recognition
  • Object Detection & Semantic Segmentation
  • Advanced Sequence Prediction
  • Video Object Detection & Tracking
  • Vision Transformer Networks

Akida can be adapted for each different application by "programming" it with a model library of examples representative of the intended application.

The Akida neural network (NN) includes nodes of 4 Neural Processing Engines (NPE) interconnected by a switchable communication matrix so different arrangements of the NPEs can be configured to suit each different application. Usually the configuration will consist of three or more layers of NPEs, each with a selectable number of connexions with the NPEs in the following layer.

The configuration is "programmable" and not fixed. A processor (MCU, MPU, CPU, GPU) is used to set up the configuration but is not used for the basic classification/inference tasks, although it can also be used to utilize the output from the Akida silicon. The Akida IP will normally be manufactured as part of the same SoC as the processor.

Akida IP can be incorporated with any "standard" processor (processor agnostic).

We are in the "ecosystem" of ARM and IFS.

Renesas and MegaChips have Akida IP licences.

Prophesee and Valeo have products for which Akida is a natural fit.

VVDN is producing an Akida Edge Box.

Unigen and BrainChip are developing an Edge Server.

BRN is working with Lorser and separately Ipsilon on software defined radio

BRN is working with emotion3D and nViso on DMS.

In space, there's NASA, ANT61, EdgX.

The list goes on ...

Cybersecurity - Quantum Venture, DUTH.

RISC-V - SiFive.

Socionext - DMS, in-cabin radar ...

If we had any more irons in the fire, we'd need a blast furnace to keep them hot.

This was the BRN pre-CES announcement a year ago:

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-joi...rate-capabilities-of-akida-powered-solutions/

BrainChip Joins Technology Partners During CES to Demonstrate Capabilities of Akida-Powered Solutions​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – December 29, 2022
BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low power, fully digital, event-based, neuromorphic AI IP, today announced that it will be joining partners Prophesee, Socionext, and VVDN January 5-8 at CES to showcase compelling solutions on constrained edge devices, featuring its Akida™ processors. Akida processors simplify development by supporting today’s mainstream network models and workflows while being future-proofed for next-generation edge AI solutions.

BrainChip joins Prophesee at The Venetian Hotel as part of a technology showcase highlighting Prophesee’s Metavision® platform. BrainChip partners with Prophesee to optimize computer vision AI performance and efficiency to deliver next-generation platforms for OEMs interested in integrating event-based vision systems with high levels of AI performance coupled with ultra-low power technologies.

BrainChip joins Socionext in the Vehicle Tech and Advanced Mobility Zone, located in the Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall in Booth 10654. Socionext will be showcasing its leading-edge technologies and solutions in automotive imaging, AI, and smart sensing to help customers develop feature rich custom SoCs that enable product differentiation with an added competitive edge. Socionext has played an important role in the implementation of BrainChip’s AI technology in SoCs and the companies are working together to satisfy the need for AI in edge computing. As part of this showcase, BrainChip will be highlighting its functionality with NVISO’s human-behavior software designed for the automotive in-cabin environment.

VVDN Technologies has more than a decade of experience in product engineering and manufacturing electronic solutions. VVDN offers a value proposition by being a one-stop shop for customers by offering complete hardware, software, mechanical, testing, prototyping, certification, and manufacturing services. The company’s focus is to help customers with their next technology innovation in the space of 5G, Wireless, AI/ML on Vision-based solutions, IoT, Cloud and Apps. To enable the same, BrainChip will be highlighting its industry leading technology at the VVDN Technologies Booth 10870 at CES developing opportunities for next generation products.

“We are excited to join our partners in Las Vegas during CES to showcase how combining BrainChip’s Akida with their technologies delivers leading edge AI solutions,” said Rob Telson, BrainChip Vice President of Ecosystem and Partnerships. “We look forward to demonstrating these capabilities in person.”

BrainChip’s neural processor Al IP is an event-based technology that is inherently lower power when compared to conventional neural network accelerators. BrainChip IP supports incremental learning and high-speed inference in a wide variety of use cases, such as convolutional neural networks with high throughput and unsurpassed performance in micro watt to milli-watt power budgets. Among the markets that BrainChip’s Essential AI technology will impact are the next generation of smart cars, smart homes of today and tomorrow, and industrial IoT

We've heard from VVDN and Socionext ... what's keeping Prophesee?

Excellent post Dio....wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas, and from me personally, thanks for all of your very informative
posts throughout the year, including your great dry sense of humour.... a top class contributor to our forum....cheers mate.

Tech (y)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 49 users
"Any Company strategies you have in mind, are best directed through Tony Dawe, if you think they trump what they are currently doing.."

..Much better coming from FF or Dio or TECH or Chapman if they think it would be an improvement. (I'm just a farmer.)
Why wasn't I included in that list 🤔..😔..😭..

But seriously, the closest person I know to a farmer (he'd probably consider himself one, as well as being a "country boy" despite only living a bit over half an hour from the City 😛) is one of the most, off of his own back, successful, resourceful, real World intelligent, people I know.

So being a farmer, gives you a different perspective on how to accomplish things, which is definitely of value.

One thing, I think farmers would tend to have in common, which comes from their high work ethic, is a "Just get it done" attitude.

Many of BrainChip's employees are highly intelligent, while also being humble, which is a reasonably rare combination (PVDM obviously being the ultimate poster child here).

So don't think they would ever look down on you, because of your station 👍

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Why wasn't I included in that list 🤔..😔..😭..

But seriously, the closest person I know to a farmer (he'd probably consider himself one, as well as being a "country boy" despite only living a bit over half an hour from the City 😛) is one of the most, off of his own back, successful, resourceful, real World intelligent, people I know.

So being a farmer, gives you a different perspective on how to accomplish things, which is definitely of value.

One thing, I think farmers would tend to have in common, which comes from their high work ethic, is a "Just get it done" attitude.

Many of BrainChip's employees are highly intelligent, while also being humble, which is a reasonably rare combination (PVDM obviously being the ultimate poster child here).

So don't think they would ever look down on you, because of your station 👍
Mid May does a 18.5 shareprice avoid a second strike ?just asking for a friend

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

overpup

Regular
Totally agree 110%.

More Pantene required peeps 😉
I was at the supermarket the other day, and I saw a bottle of Pantene - I knocked it over on general principle

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Mid May does a 18.5 shareprice avoid a second strike ?just asking for a friend
Seriously, what kind of a question is that?..

I really don't know, but if the share price was at the same levels that it is now, you would have to ask why?

But why ask now?..

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

I really don't know, but if the share price was at the same levels that it is now, you would have to ask why?

But why ask now?..
It’s a question designed to get a bite 🎣

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Morning Chippers ,

I have pinched this off the other forum , found by Rise from the ashes.

Page 16.

View attachment 52426

Regards.
Esq.
Bump! Thanks Esq-y.

This post (article from October) seems to have been overlooked in all the posts today trying to figure out Anil’s shareholding.

I assume we are in bed with Innophase IoT

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
Bump! Thanks Esq-y.

This post (article from October) seems to have been overlooked in all the posts today trying to figure out Anil’s shareholding.

I assume we are in bed with Innophase IoT
From 2019 Business update
Screenshot_20231221-193245_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20231221-193338_Chrome.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

But why ask now?..
It's a forum mate, people are shareholders and they may voice there thoughts on here, why have a secret meeting with a select few, ask questions gather information learn from mistakes etc etc, Communication is such a strong thing if used correctly

Reactions: 4 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users
It's a forum mate, people are shareholders and they may voice there thoughts on here, why have a secret meeting with a select few, ask questions gather information learn from mistakes etc etc, Communication is such a strong thing if used correctly
1703148792522.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17 users

Ian

Founding Member
dave grohl GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Damo4

Regular

Mate, striking down the renumeration of management, based solely on the Share Price is not only stupid and entitled, its counterintuitive.
Secondly why in the world do you care how anyone else votes? Is that how you make investment decision, based on people's opinions?
Time to move on, you keep asking the same questions.

Also you've been here since Feb 2022 (begining) so you know why we left the crapper and what this place was created for.
Shouldn't even have to remind you, but it's not for complaining endlessly about management or the shareprice.
The "I hate everything management does - circle jerk" over there is welcoming members new and old.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_7992.jpeg

Another key milestone came at IAA MOBILITY when we unveiled our Concept CLA Class. It represents an entirely new model family, incorporates many learnings from the VISION EQXX and gives an outlook to our upcoming MMA platform. For instance, the 800 V electric drivetrain gives it a range of more than 750 km (466 miles) based on impressive consumption of around 12 kWh/100 km (5.2 mi/kWh).
Welcome to my third and final review of a year that has been marked by key milestones at #MercedesBenz.

It starts back in January, when our DRIVE PILOT system for SAE Level 3 conditionally automated driving was confirmed compliant with state regulations in Nevada. Then in June, it was certified by authorities in the state of California. These milestones made Mercedes-Benz the first car manufacturer with authorisation to introduce an SAE Level 3 system in a standard-production vehicle for use on public freeways in these states. Just a short time ago, the production-ready version of DRIVE PILOT made its on-road debut with a limited fleet of Level 3-equipped EQS Sedans. There are plans for further customer deliveries of DRIVE PILOT-equipped MY2024 EQS Sedan and S-Class models early next year.

Once DRIVE PILOT is activated, drivers can take their hands off the wheel and enjoy secondary activities. And all the time they will be safe in the knowledge that the car is controlling the speed and distance, effortlessly guiding the vehicle within its lane.

Another key milestone came at IAA MOBILITY when we unveiled our Concept CLA Class. It represents an entirely new model family, incorporates many learnings from the VISION EQXX and gives an outlook to our upcoming MMA platform. For instance, the 800 V electric drivetrain gives it a range of more than 750 km (466 miles) based on impressive consumption of around 12 kWh/100 km (5.2 mi/kWh).

I look forward to sharing more milestones with you in 2024.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Perhaps

Regular
As there are some misunderstandings of chip production flying around, just some general information:

Chip manufacturers (foundries) have different production processes. For example a TSMC chip can't be produced at Samsung foundries and vice versa. For preparation of production there needs to be a tape out of the chip first. A silicon wafer has to be made, which is the foundation for a production mask set.
On to Brainchip:
AKD1000 - TSMC chip - ready for mass production on order
AKD1500 - Global Foundries chip - ready for mass production on order
AKD2000 - no tape out yet, estimated costs for the tape out US $ 4-5 Mio

That's the actual state depending on available information.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
As there are some misunderstandings of chip production flying around, just some general information:

Chip manufacturers (foundries) have different production processes. For example a TSMC chip can't be produced at Samsung foundries and vice versa. For preparation of production there needs to be a tape out of the chip first. A silicon wafer has to be made, which is the foundation for a production mask set.
On to Brainchip:
AKD1000 - TSMC chip - ready for mass production on order
AKD1500 - Global Foundries chip - ready for mass production on order
AKD2000 - no tape out yet, estimated costs for the tape out US $ 4-5 Mio

That's the actual state depending on available information.

Thanks for clogging up the forum with your misunderstandings

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom