BRN Discussion Ongoing

McHale

Regular
I will take this opportunity to wish all Chippers a fantastic Christmas and a very healthy,happy & prosperous New Year :)

2024 BRiNg it on!!!! :) $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Very much looking forward to CES.. 🙏🙏🙏;)

View attachment 52496
View attachment 52497
View attachment 52498

:cool: Cheers all :cool:
Wishing all the Chippers here and their families a Happy and Merry Christmas, enjoy and be safe

Sorry Buena no grog pictures, although I will have a tipple or two, and Christmas lunch with family and the brand new two week old grandson Mr Leon.

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 5.08.51 pm.png
Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 5.08.06 pm.png
Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 5.12.33 pm.png

Getting back to my roots on the last one there, but maybe I might have a sing at Midnight.

And for the New Year, I want a breakthrough for all of us.......please
Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 5.29.13 pm.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 5.08.51 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 5.08.51 pm.png
    538.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Wishing all the Chippers here and their families a Happy and Merry Christmas, enjoy and be safe

Sorry Buena no grog pictures, although I will have a tipple or two, and Christmas lunch with family and the brand new two week old grandson Mr Leon.

View attachment 52511 View attachment 52512 View attachment 52513
Getting back to my roots on the last one there, but maybe I might have a sing at Midnight.

And for the New Year, I want a breakthrough for all of us.......please
View attachment 52514
Awesome news...👏.Congratulations..👏

And cheers mate.... Have enjoyed your knowledgeable posts over the year :)

Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Screenshot_20231222_170455_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users

7für7

Regular
Merry Christmas everyone! Enjoy your holidays!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
This is 5-6 days old so not sure if it's been discussed here.
Jesse Chapman commenting on Magnus's excitement regarding CES and the updated MBUX AI platform.
Look at the response from Thomas??

Open Emoji Keyboard

See profile for Jesse Chapman
Jesse Chapman
• Following
Verification Engineer
6d
Neuromorphic computing is what won the Mercedes Benz poll earlier in the year 😎 but we haven’t heard anything since.

1 Reply
1 Comment on Jesse Chapman’s comment
See profile for Thomas Hülsing
Thomas Hülsing
• Following
System-of-Systems Engineering
5d
Don't wait for Mercedes-Benz AG or a message from Magnus Östberg.

Other car manufacturers have long been incorporating neuromorphic computing into new models, as the breathtaking technology significantly increases reliability and enables autonomous driving, all with extremely low power consumption.

Mercedes uses outdated technology that requires an incredible amount of electricity, converts a very high power loss into heat and therefore requires water cooling.

The high power consumption, high power loss and water cooling significantly reduce the range.

Mercedes will realize in the coming years that it is using the wrong technology today.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30 users
Well what a year that was for the company and it’s just a shame we couldn’t say the same about the SP. So apart from that I wish everyone a merry Xmas and a happy new year.

1703238771814.gif

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

schuey

Regular
Jesse Chapman commenting on Magnus's excitement regarding CES and the updated MBUX AI platform.

Open Emoji Keyboard

Jesse Chapman
• Following
Verification Engineer
6d
Neuromorphic computing is what won the Mercedes Benz poll earlier in the year 😎 but we haven’t heard anything since.

1 Reply
Thomas Hülsing
• Following
5d

Other car manufacturers have long been incorporating neuromorphic computing into new models, as the breathtaking technology significantly increases reliability and enables autonomous driving, all with extremely low power consumption.

Mercedes uses outdated technology that requires an incredible amount of electricity, converts a very high power loss into heat and therefore requires water cooling.

The high power consumption, high power loss and water cooling significantly reduce the range.

Mercedes will realize in the coming years that it is using the wrong technology today.
Cop that MB

Reactions: 2 users

MDhere

Regular
I think im seeing things is that pvdm in audience or am I tripping lol

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Not sure if this has been shared.

Commonly we always compare Brainchip's Akida to Intel's Loihi.

This recent article by Sally Ward-Foxton with Mike Davies of Intel.

Show a true picture where they are not direct competing. And are targeting at different markets.

"Intel’s neuromorphic chip, Loihi, is in its second generation. In contrast with some other types of spiking neural network accelerators designed for ultra-low–power endpoint applications, Loihi 2 is intended for bigger scale data center-class systems."

Learning 🪴

Merry Xmas to everyone at Brainchip and all shareholders 🎄.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

charles2

Regular
Like your heads up if I am interpreting you correctly.

I only have access to delayed quotes on the ASX......but sometimes fun to know the score before the game is over.

Near Houston...standing by.
Fake out....no lift off today.....

Amelia, it was just a false alarm....

I weep every time I hear this song, Joni and I being contemporaries in Canada, starting our passage through the clouds of life..

Last edited:
  • Fire

Open Emoji Keyboard

Jesse Chapman
• Following
Verification Engineer
6d

1 Reply
Thomas Hülsing
• Following
5d

Very odd reply, considering one of Mercedes own slogans..

20231223_013057.jpg

Don't wait for Mercedes-Benz AG or a message from Magnus Östberg. ???

Other car manufacturers have long been incorporating neuromorphic computing into new models, as the breathtaking technology significantly increases reliability and enables autonomous driving, all with extremely low power consumption. HUH?🤔

Mercedes uses outdated technology that requires an incredible amount of electricity, converts a very high power loss into heat and therefore requires water cooling. ???

The high power consumption, high power loss and water cooling significantly reduce the range. ???

Mercedes will realize in the coming years that it is using the wrong technology today. ???

Was that a reply from a Mercedes guy?
No car manufacturer is currently using neuromorphic technology, to my knowledge,

Mercedes, being the first, if they do.

The whole reply sounds tongue in cheek negative, cryptically saying, that other car manufacturers, will realise they are wrong and end up following Mercedes lead.

At least that's how I read it..

Seasons Greetings to all 👍

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

Apple Is Exploring Storing Large Language Models (LLMs) On Flash Storage To Seamlessly Bring The Technology To Phones, Laptops​

Omar Sohail•Dec 21, 2023 12:43 PM EST16
Apple exploring ways to store LLMs on flash storage
Large Language Models (LLMs) are exceptionally resource-intensive on the CPU and memory, but Apple is said to be experimenting with storing this technology on flash storage, likely to make it easily accessible on multiple devices. However, the technology giant also wishes to make LLMs ubiquitous on its iPhone and Mac lineup and is exploring ways to make this possible.

Storing LLMs on flash memory has been difficult; Apple aims to fix this on machines with limited capacity​

Under typical conditions, Large Language Models require AI accelerators and a high DRAM capacity to be stored. As reported by TechPowerUp, Apple is working to bring the same technology, but to devices that sport limited memory capacity. In a newly published paper, Apple has published a paper that aims to bring LLMs to devices with limited memory capacity. iPhones have limited memory too, so Apple researchers have developed a technique that uses flash chips to store the AI model’s data.
Apple’s iPhones and Mac computers, there is a way to bypass this limitation with a technique called Windowing. In this method, the AI model reuses some of the data that it has already processed, reducing the requirement for continuous memory fetching and making the entire process faster. The second technique is Row-Column Bundling; data can be grouped more efficiently, allowing the AI model to read data from the flash memory faster and speeding up its ability to understand.

Both techniques and other methods will allow the AI models to run up to twice the size of the iPhone’s available RAM, resulting in up to 5 times increase in speed on standard processors and up to 25 times faster on graphics processors. There is plenty of evidence suggesting that Apple is serious about AI, starting with its own chatbot, which is internally called Apple GPT. Next year’s iPhone 16 is also rumored to feature upgraded microphones, which will be costly for the company but will allow for improved speech input, which will be necessary to enable Siri to carry out a multitude of tasks.

It is also rumored that some form of generative AI will be baked into iOS 18 when it officially arrives next year, so while Apple has been behind the likes of OpenAI, Google, Amazon, and others, that gap might considerably decrease in 2024. Additionally, bringing this technology to iPhones, iPads, and Macs with limited memory could give these devices a unique selling point, but we will have to see how LLMs stored on flash memory perform first.

• Love
  • Fire

IloveLamp

Top 20

Screenshot_20231223_054704_LinkedIn.jpg

Screenshot_20231223_071131_LinkedIn.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
Very odd reply, considering one of Mercedes own slogans..

View attachment 52527

Don't wait for Mercedes-Benz AG or a message from Magnus Östberg. ???

Other car manufacturers have long been incorporating neuromorphic computing into new models, as the breathtaking technology significantly increases reliability and enables autonomous driving, all with extremely low power consumption. HUH?🤔

Mercedes uses outdated technology that requires an incredible amount of electricity, converts a very high power loss into heat and therefore requires water cooling. ???

The high power consumption, high power loss and water cooling significantly reduce the range. ???

Mercedes will realize in the coming years that it is using the wrong technology today. ???

Was that a reply from a Mercedes guy?
No car manufacturer is currently using neuromorphic technology, to my knowledge,

Mercedes, being the first, if they do.

The whole reply sounds tongue in cheek negative, cryptically saying, that other car manufacturers, will realise they are wrong and end up following Mercedes lead.

At least that's how I read it..

Seasons Greetings to all 👍
As far as I can tell he does not work for Mercedes, only thing I found was his linked in says System of Systems Engineer at Airbus. Seems just a wee bit unprofessional to represent Airbus in public in such a way so I am skeptical of that even.

Reactions: 13 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Possibly another baffled shareholder in BRN at the lack of public recognition from Mercedes.

Alternately.... AIRBUS may be trying to take market share from Merc.

Cars are so yesterday..

Often I'll back my A350 out of the shed , then taxi down to the local supermarket ,pick up a loaf of fresh bread & some milk.

😃.

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
No, this guy is real and has something goin' with Brainchip:

He does not work for Mercedes. He is in no position to comment on what tech they may or may not be developing.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom