BRN Discussion Ongoing

Whilst this article was from Sept 22, I don't recall seeing or reading it or some of the content it states around Akida and the EQXX...maybe I missed something more than "Hey Mercedes" :unsure:

Think the references or statements from a McKinsey report Nov 21 though.

IMG_20231126_231459.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 64 users
Mercedes has adopted Luminar lidar for at least some of their models, and we don't know if Akida will be used

I find it mildly amusing Schnitzel Lover, when you say it's "Not even close to turning the corner" and then put up a chart that goes back almost 2 years, to support your views 🙄

While I would never claim to be a genius, my nose is definitely not painted on and I'm pretty sure I know what bullshit smells like, when it's presented to me..

2024 will definitely be a pivotal year and it's practically upon us.

Time will tell moving forward.

I find it mildly amusing Schnitzel Lover, when you say it's "Not even close to turning the corner" and then put up a chart that goes back almost 2 years, to support your views 🙄

While I would never claim to be a genius, my nose is definitely not painted on and I'm pretty sure I know what bullshit smells like, when it's presented to me..

Definitely will be a pivotal year one way or another, A star studded line up ,a game changing product, The CEO saying the companies engagements are at a record high,
2 I.P licences signed,
Very soon where going to find out whose telling the truth if it stays at 2,

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Frangipani

Regular

City: Berlin
Date: Nov 17, 2023

Student Assistant* Signal Processing, Sensor Technology​

The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 76 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 30 000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.9 billion euros.

Future. Discover. Together.
The "Wireless Communications and Networks" department of the Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications, Heinrich Hertz Institute, develops wireless communication systems with a focus on future generations of cellular communications (5G+ and 6G). The "Signal and Information Processing (SIP)" group works in an international environment in research projects on highly topical issues in the field of signal processing, mobile communications, as well as applications in relevant fields. We are looking for several student assistants to support research projects on neuromorphic signal processing in the area of (medical) sensory applications. Be a part of our team and come on a journey of research and innovation!

What you will do

• Support in the evaluation of innovative approaches to 6G-based recording of vital parameters (e.g. respiratory rate, pulse, movement patterns) using Integrated Communication and Sensing (ICAS) and their energy-efficient (pre-)processing and transmission in 5G/6G-based networks
  • Implementation of novel sensor and processing concepts on hardware-related processing and transmission platforms
  • Support the implementation of algorithms on neuromorphic hardware architectures (such as SpiNNaker and Akida)
  • Development and implementation of machine learning algorithms as well as the design and implementation of real-time software in C++
  • Carrying out experiments and simulations and evaluation of the performance of the algorithms developed for innovative applications

What you bring to the table

• Full-time study with good grades at a German university or college in the fields of: electrical engineering, (medical) informatics, communications engineering, applied mathematics, physics or similar
  • Interest in signal processing, communications engineering and wireless communication networks (5G/6G)
  • Good knowledge of C/C++ programming and experience with multi-threaded applications
  • Experience with AI, deep learning and signal processing/sensor fusion
  • Interest and interdisciplinary collaboration in the areas of medicine, data processing, communication technology and AI

Furthermore desirable are:
  • Understanding of basic machine learning algorithms and knowledge of common frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)
  • Experience with hardware programming, real-time software and event-driven architectures
  • Interest and interdisciplinary collaboration in the areas of medicine, data processing, communication technology and AI

What you can expect

• Fascinating challenges in a scientific and entrepreneurial setting
  • Attractive salary
  • Modern and excellently equipped workspace in central location
  • Great and cooperative working atmosphere in an international team
  • Opportunities to write a master's or bachelor´s thesis
  • Flexible working hours
  • Opportunities to work from home

The position is initially limited to 6 months. An extension is explicitly desired.

The monthly working time is 80 hours. This position is also available on a part-time basis. We value and promote the diversity of our employees' skills and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability.
With its focus on developing key technologies that are vital for the future and enabling the commercial utilization of this work by business and industry, Fraunhofer plays a central role in the innovation process. As a pioneer and catalyst for groundbreaking developments and scientific excellence, Fraunhofer helps shape society now and in the future.
Interested? Apply online now. We look forward to getting to know you!

Dr.-Ing. Martin Kasparick
E-Mail: martin.kasparick@hhi.fraunhofer.de
Tel.: +49 30 31002 853

Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications, Heinrich Hertz Institute HHI
www.hhi.fraunhofer.de

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 51 users

charles2

Regular
More evidence that Brainchip/Akida are garnering attention in the right places.

And neuromorphic hardware architecture.

And so clever of the Fraunhofer Institute to highlight Akida in their solicitation.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Frangipani

Regular
More evidence that Brainchip/Akida are garnering attention in the right places.

And neuromorphic hardware architecture.

And so clever of the Fraunhofer Institute to highlight Akida in their solicitation.

I hate to disappoint you, but it was actually Frau Frangipani rather than Fraunhofer who highlighted Akida. 😉

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Frangipani

Regular
I am not sure how much this freelance financial analyst writing for the London-based IG Group (which is Australia's No.1 CFD & FX provider) really knows about Akida’s tech, but anyhow it’s awesome for BRN to get listed alongside Microsoft, Alphabet, Nvidia and Tesla in “a rundown of some of the best AI stocks to watch going into 2024”…
(In case you wonder whether BRN’s market cap got lost during my copying-and-pasting - no, it was the only company listed without one.)

Best AI stocks to watch​

Explaining the AI revolution, and a rundown of some of the best AI stocks to watch going into 2024. These companies are selected for several characteristics, including their market size and dominance in the sector.

ai stocks
Source: Bloomberg

https://www.ig.com/au/tag/Shares
Charles Archer | Financial Writer, London

Artificial Intelligence (AI) has to some extent been the investing theme of 2023 — in the US, almost all of the S&P 500’s gains this year have come from just seven companies, all of whom are potentially riding the AI wave to some degree.
For context, Nvidia now boasts a US$1.2 trillion market cap, with almost all of its exceptional gains in 2023 driven by AI demand.

Artificial Intelligence is already being put into practical use across many real-world applications, including in retail, art, social media, security, sport analytics, manufacturing, self-driving cars, healthcare, and warehousing alongside dozens of other sectors.

Every supermarket rewards purchase, every Netflix recommendation, and every football match is analysed ever more relentlessly in order to provide more and better data. And while consumers have always understood — even peripherally — that AI was taking over more and more of the heavy lifting; the sector’s investment catalyst has finally arrived.

This catalyst is of course ChatGPT, the OpenAI-developed chatbot which garnered over 1 million users in just five days. It took Facebook 10 months, and Netflix three and a half years to hit the same milestone.
Taking the world by storm, it now boasts over 100 million users, and investors are now considering whether the innovation could make entire careers in areas such as copywriting, accounting, personal training, and even software development entirely redundant. Then there’s the advances made by art-focused Midjourney to consider — with the AI creating incredibly lifelike art.

Of course, monetary policy remains tight, and AI development is exceptionally expensive. For every ChatGPT breakthrough, there are hundreds of costly failures. Therefore, the best AI stocks could be predominantly the larger blue chips — which also helps to diversify any investment in the event that their AI projects fail.

Even OpenAI itself is not immune to bumps in the road — CEO Sam Altman was recently ejected from his position by the board in November, with little indication this would happen.

Remember, past performance is not an indicator of future returns. These shares are ordered by market capitalisation — all in US dollars, and include some of the top ASX AI shares to watch.

Best AI stocks to watch​

1. Microsoft​

Microsoft is the original global computing power, so it makes sense that the American behemoth already had a strong relationship with OpenAI prior to the ChatGPT launch, having already invested $10 billion into the company. Of course, Microsoft also has billions invested into other AI ventures.
This is a symbiotic relationship — Microsoft is allowing OpenAi access to its cloud centres to increase ChatGPT’s computing power, while native search engine Bing has started to incorporate the chatbot into its functions. Former OpenAI CEO Altman — having left the start-up — is now joining Microsoft as a full-time employee.
Market Capitalisation: $2.75 trillion

2. Alphabet​

Google parent Alphabet controls 84% of the global search market share. Despite recently laying off thousands of employees, it’s launched its own ChatGPT rival, Bard, which is still viewed by many analysts as a less powerful alternative.
However, the chatbot runs on Google’s LaMDA programming, which has been in development since 2021. Arguably, the titanic company should soon smooth out the issues.
It’s also worth noting that AI is already used across many of Google’s current functions. And it’s got at least two more AI-focused projects: coding-focused Generative Language API, and DeepMind, which it acquired in 2014.
Market Capitalisation: $1.70 trillion

3. Nvidia​

Nvidia is one of the world’s most valuable chipmakers, with its chips used in electronics ranging from smartphones to cars, to high-end computing. It’s worth noting that Nvidia shares have risen by more than 240% year-to-date to US$493.
But the company’s most advanced deep learning chips might mean that the NASDAQ company is still undervalued. They’re already in use at clients such as Alphabet, and Facebook owner Meta, to power both internal and user facing AI applications.
As AI becomes ever more mainstream, demand for these chips could surge, and importantly, there is a high barrier to entry — Nvidia has a wide economic moat surrounding its market position as the ‘bricks and mortar’ AI choice.
Market Capitalisation: $1.22 trillion

4. Tesla​

Tesla is the original EV trailblazer, and despite the controversies surrounding CEO Elon Musk, its advancements in artificial intelligence could see the auto company rise once again to the giddy highs of late 2021.
Indeed, Tesla shares have already recovered by 117% year-to-date as it eyes possible expansions in India and Europe. Fully autonomous driving is Musk’s long-term goal, with the company planning to launch a robot taxi service soon.
It’s also developing a humanoid robot codenamed ‘Optimus,’ which the CEO thinks could eventually become more valuable than Tesla’s auto operations. However, economic slowdown and price cuts in China could cause short-term profitability issues.
Market Capitalisation: $734 billion

5. Baidu​

Baidu is China’s version of Google, responsible for over 75% of the country’s search market. Like Google, it has a growing cloud business, but it also plans to develop the world’s largest autonomous ride-hailing area. The company is already operating this service in 10 Chinese cities.
Baidu has also developed its answer to ChatGPT and Bard, codenamed ‘Ernie Bot.’ The Chinese giant is working hard on its own AI tech — as evidenced by its recent string of quarterly results. Of course, there are long-standing regulatory risks with Chinese platform stocks.
Market Capitalisation: $37.8 billion

6. WiseTech Global​

Sydney-based Wisetech Global is a cloud-based software solutions operator which offers its solutions to a global logistics businesses client base. The vision is ‘to be the operating system for global logistics.’
For context, the company’s ground-breaking CargoWise platforms are designed using workflows, automation and robotics — and it’s been driving an expansion and acquisition strategy for several years.
Late last year, Wisetech acquired Shipamax, a provider of data entry automation software for the logistics industry. The acquisition’s platform uses machine learning alongside AI for data extraction to optimise the automation of full operational workflows.
Market Capitalisation: $14.6 billion

7. TechnologyOne​

TechnologyOne is Australia’s largest enterprise resource planning SaaS company. It boasts a 1,200 -strong client base of global customers within the financial services, education, health and government sectors, which use its tech to improve online process mitigation — for example, digitising outdated paper-based worksheets.
The company is particularly interesting for its cutting-edge research and development centre, which focuses on cloud-based technology, AI and machine learning.
Market Capitalisation: $3.49 billion

8. BrainChip Holdings

BrainChip Holdings is centred around neuromorphic computing, a cutting-edge AI that simulates the functionality of human brain neurons. Last year, the company launched its the BrainChip University AI Accelerator Program to train current university students to become future employees.
And in Q4 2023, the company partnered with video analytics firm CVEDIA to advance its neuromorphic computing technology. The CVEDIA-RT platform is being incorporated into BrainChip’s Akida neuromorphic tech, allowing the creation of practical AI-powered video analytics for multiple use cases.

Take your position on over 13,000 local and international shares via CFDs or share trading – all at your fingertips on our award-winning platform.*

Learn more about share CFDs or shares trading with us, or open an account to get started today. *
Winner of ‘Best Multi-Platform Provider’ at ADVFN International Finance Awards 2022
  • This information has been prepared by IG, a trading name of IG Australia Pty Ltd. In addition to the disclaimer below, the material on this page does not contain a record of our trading prices, or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instrument. IG accepts no responsibility for any use that may be made of these comments and for any consequences that result. No representation or warranty is given as to the accuracy or completeness of this information. Consequently any person acting on it does so entirely at their own risk. Any research provided does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and needs of any specific person who may receive it. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and as such is considered to be a marketing communication. Although we are not specifically constrained from dealing ahead of our recommendations we do not seek to take advantage of them before they are provided to our clients.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 75 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users
Definitely will be a pivotal year one way or another, A star studded line up ,a game changing product, The CEO saying the companies engagements are at a record high,
2 I.P licences signed,
Very soon where going to find out whose telling the truth if it stays at 2,
Also what ever happened to our product going into Fridges, washing machines and household products ,Was L.G Involved

Reactions: 5 users

Easytiger

Regular
Not to mention paying people to troll stock bulletin boards.

Yeah. I've lost count of the shorters who disappeared immediately after pointing out they were providing an incomplete view of the facts, drawing conclusions unsupported by adequate evidence or by using overly emotive or inflammatory language to distort the facts in SYR on HC. I enjoy collating their posts in sequential order into one post. They like spacing them out hoping nobody notices their campaigns of continually posting doubt.

My latest effort was on 8 Nov below which highlights the above. Every line item was Gazguzler's post in full. I included it into a larger post. Gazguzler hasn't posted since. I could have added more of Gazguzlers post but once you see enough in sequential order is becomes so obvious.

Quote:
It's not unlike some trolls like @GasGuzler who revel in posting doubt. These are gasguzler's last 6 post. Newest to oldest.

1/ Oil down a decent amount. Doesn’t bode too well for higher synthetic prices atm

2/ The thing I’m cautious about is that the current price of the stock doesn’t warrant the current graphite prices. Waiting to top up on the rugpull

3/ Graphite prices down again on China graphite page. Hopefully doesn’t affect Syr too much

4/ if 66c breaks then 50c incoming. Where imma add up

5/ China “to implement”. Could take another couple weeks/months

6/ The main issue for me is the gap at 53c. This must be filled before the main run over 1 dollar

Unquote
Good work!

Reactions: 3 users

Calsco

Regular
Another promising like by RT
IMG_2221.jpeg

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 34 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good Morning Chippers,

Would appear NO SHORTS TAKEN OUT on Friday.

Makes two consecutive days.

Feeling a little exited .

Regards,
Esq.

Attachments

• 20231127_104450.jpg
    20231127_104450.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Good Morning Chippers,

Regards,
Esq.
Does the N30 mean we are now the 30th most shorted stock?
If yes, we have come down a long way.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users
Good Morning Chippers,

Regards,
Esq.
Great work Esq.

Gee, looks like from your notes there the amount of shorting being done has really started to drop off throughout November.

You don't mind just taking a photo of what has happened throughout November as well.

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Morning Boab ,

Sure dose , slowly floating down the list.

Should be able to get a position no. for 21st Nov some time after two O clock today from the ShortMan data site.

Regards,
Esq.

• Love

Labsy

Regular
Anyone know anything about Microsoft's new Maia 100 AI accelerator?

Reactions: 3 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Great work Esq.

Gee, looks like from your notes there the amount of shorting being done has really started to drop off throughout November.

You don't mind just taking a photo of what has happened throughout November as well.
Morning SharesForBrekky,

Slooooowly coming down.

Regards,
Esq.

Attachments

• 20231127_110056.jpg
    20231127_110056.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 103
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
I find it mildly amusing Schnitzel Lover, when you say it's "Not even close to turning the corner" and put up a chart that goes back almost 2 years, to support your views 🙄

Well Dingo, good luck with the thesis that a company that is over 90% down the last two years with nearly 1.8 billion shares on issue is in your opinion close to turning the corner..

That chart accurately showed how long it takes under these conditions for a ship like this to turn around. The last two times were 12 months and 24 months and strikingly not after a 90% decline. It may take 3 years this time around to churn through all those sellers bailing out when they get back to breakeven.

You may choose the word probability rather than bullshit.

There are two probabilities with BRN based on the evidence staring us square on:

- The most likely is BRN will disappoint again in 2024 as it did in 2022, & 2023 and continue to struggle to get market penetration and whittle down to zero. And/or it gets taken over for pennies on the dollar when a bigger co realizes the tech is worth taking them out. That could be a long slow burn.

- the less likely that over the next year or two the share price gradually rise back towards that 1.50-2.30 level, with big semiconductor businesses adopting Brainchip technology.

If the latter occurs, you're a genius for picking a bottom that doesn't stink.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Newk R

Regular
Well Dingo, good luck with the thesis that a company that is over 90% down the last two years with nearly 1.8 billion shares on issue is in your opinion close to turning the corner..

That chart accurately showed how long it takes under these conditions for a ship like this to turn around. The last two times were 12 months and 24 months and strikingly not after a 90% decline. It may take 3 years this time around to churn through all those sellers bailing out when they get back to breakeven.

There are two probabilities with BRN based on the evidence staring us square on:

- The most likely is BRN will disappoint again in 2024 as it did in 2022, & 2023 and continue to struggle to get market penetration and whittle down to zero. And/or it gets taken over for pennies on the dollar when a bigger co realizes the tech is worth taking them out. That could be a long slow burn.

- the less likely that over the next year or two the share price gradually rise back towards that 1.50-2.30 level, with big semiconductor businesses adopting Brainchip technology.

Can I just ask, if you believe the most likely scenario is $0.00 SP or a buy out of pennies on the dollar, why are you still holding?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Labsy

Regular
My 2 pennies is that there is a massive build up on buy side today from 17, 18 and 19c... looks like accumulation to me. Ever increasing buyers. At least double and approaching triple amount of buyers to sellers..... feels like momentum. Of course could be wrong.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

"If the latter occurs, you're a genius for picking a bottom that doesn't stink"

If it happens, it certainly won't be because of my genius, but the genius of the BrainChip team and AKIDA.

And I don't believe it will be a gradual rise either..

Everything for the success of this Company, has been put in place.

I'm definitely a glass full kind of person though and yes the other half is the wind from my mouth.

You're a glass empty kind of person, in regards to BRN, ignoring all that is going on with the Company.

But your glass isn't really empty..
It's filled with the product of your arse percussion and I think that's what stinks around here.. 😛

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users
Top Bottom