BRN Discussion Ongoing

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

MDhere

Regular
Zach Shelby’s Imagine 2023 Keynote (September 27) is now online… From around the 12 min mark, he reiterates that Edge Impulse is focusing on Digital Health and Industrial Productivity and talks about some of the customer use cases they are working on. No mention of Brainchip as far as I remember, except on that slide that was shared here before, but nevertheless an interesting presentation.

View attachment 49889

This is great Frangipani! You will notice whilst Zach doesn't specifically mention Brainchip its clear that Arm and Brainchip are shown TOGETHER in the bottom right had side of graph. Not only that both are in a BOXED IN together!
20231119_094850.jpg

Then I referred to a Arm tech talk in May 2023 that Nandan and other executives were on and Nadan specifically mentions that Brainchip is able to go into Any cortex system. To further add within the Arm tech talk speech has a slide another slide together with Arms cortex range inc M55 and M85 etc.
Screenshot_20231119-080438_YouTube.jpg
So essentially its way more then an interesting presentation and your a genius to display it. Zach from edge impulse didn't probably need to spell out as it's proof right there boxed IN WITH ARM. Can't get better than that Marcel Marceau 😀👍 you made my Sunday Frangipani ❤
20231119_094850.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Allow me to offer a different perspective.

All senior management is aware of inner company dealings, contract bids, new engagements, goals, budgetary issues and product developments.......and other goings-on that the company is sworn to secrecy....NDAs and the like, buyout and merger feelers, bond offerings and stock offerings

Balance that against the fact that we read about insider buys and sells frequently in other companies. All the time really. I believe there are newsletters that track these potential 'indicators'. So ask yourself how could an insider ever buy or sell in the open market if they know so much that is both positive and negative for that specific company.

Well there are rules...blackout (quiet) periods before and after earnings, pending announcements that an average investor would expect to alter the perceived value of the company (that you shouldn't be sharing with your brother-in-law broker).....ie things that you could be sent to jail for. You know...your product doesn't work, inklings of fraud, government auditors appearing unscheduled....you get the picture.

Well BRN.AX has rarely triggered any of these conditions outside of certain earnings blackouts and major announcements such as tape-outs or IP sales.

Insiders can buy and sell frequently regardless of what Sean MAY have led some shareholders to believe.

And insider buying shows great confidence in the company's prospects.

So management, let's pony up and demonstrate some confidence.
BRN is not a run-of-the-mill company with a single product or known product range and established customers. Even the product development roadmap changes with the rapid developments in the market and changing customer requirements.

Akida is in a state of continuous rapid development.

We were (mostly) pleasantly surprised to learn about the capabilities of Akida 2, which had been under development for a considerable time before it was announced. Akida 2 has capabilities which no one outside the company had imagined. TeNNs were not part of any previously disclosed development road map. Anyone with pre-knowledge of TeNNs who bought shares before the release of Akida 2 would have been guilty of insider trading.

We know Akida 3 is in development, but we don't know what surprises it will embody.

The iceberg analogy has been used in relation to BRN because fully two thirds of its potential customer base is under NDA.

Some of BRN's customer engagements are in the form of joint development partnerships, again giving the board and management exclusive confidential knowledge not available to the market about the progress and intended destination of the joint development and associated commercial aspects.

I don't know about the US, but in Australia insider trading is a jailable offence, so I understand the board and management's abstinence from on-market trading.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 59 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Morning Chippers,

Just watching the news....

Elon Musk ,
-2nd launch test of of Space X Super Heavey StarShip Rocket.
-33 Raptor Engine's. = big mobs of lift.
-stands roughly 397 feet tall.
- launched from Boca Chica, Texas.
- reached an altitude of 64 km before, unfortunately self terminating, due to a as yet unknown fault.
- payload 150 ton's. Apparently expandable up to 200 plus ton's.

NASA wish to utilise this chariot for things like the ISS ( Intentional Space Station ) & Moon to Mars mission taking large pieces of infrastructure into space.

* just to put this payload into something quantifiable to the average Australian...

150 ton's = 150,000 kg.

1x standard Coopers Pale Ale , 4.5% ALC/VOL, 375ml, glass bottle weighs roughly 600 grams.

Soooooo.

Some quick maths ...
150,000kg
÷ 0.600
= 250,000 bottles ( excluding cardboard box )
= 10,416 case's of beer or 93,750 litres.
Also ... if thay bought the empty bottles back to Earth , South Australia, thay could also collect $0.10 AU per bottle ...= $25,000.00 at local bottle recyclers.

😃.

Woo Hoooo.

Hope we are all having a tops weekend.

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

jla

Regular
BRN is not a run-ot-the-mill company with a single product or known product range and established customers. Even the product development roadmap changes with the rapid developments in the market and changing customer requirements.

We were (mostly) pleasantly surprised to learn about the capabilities of Akida 2, which had been under development for a considerable time before it was announced. Akida 2 has capabilities which no one outside the company had imagined. TeNNs were not part of any previously disclosed development road map. Anyone with pre-knowledge of TeNNs who bought shares before the release of Akida 2 would have been guilty of insider trading.

We know Akida 3 is in development, but we don't know what surprises it will embody.

The iceberg analogy has been used in relation to BRN because fully two thirds of its potential customer base is under NDA.

Some of BRN's customer engagements are in the form of joint development partnerships, again giving the board and management exclusive confidential knowledge not available to the market about the progress and intended destination of the joint development and associated commercial aspects.

I don't know about the US, but in Australia insider trading is a jailable offence, so I understand the board and management's abstinence from on-market trading.
Thanks for explaining Dio as FF would say blind freddy would know this, I thought if you are playing in the stock market these things you should know, Or do they know and it is just down ramming. NDA really means any one working for BRN can not buy.

Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks for explaining Dio as FF would say blind freddy would know this, I thought if you are playing in the stock market these things you should know, Or do they know and it is just down ramming. NDA really means any one working for BRN can not buy.
I suppose the embargo applies to price sensitive information, so I guess that that will apply until we attain multi-billion-dollar company status with regular income, but by that time these bargain basement prices will be a thing of memory.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Kozikan

Regular
View attachment 49528
Hiya loveLamp, love the possibilities here. When Bosch said they were dumping their Lidar program after 3 or so years. I was “Oh, bum, kinda thought , Bosch generally, were a possible good fit” But i noted that Bosch took up a keen interest in mm wavelength tech. From my uneducated, vague and low researched perspective , it seemed that mm wavelength offered another exciting opportunity to a BrainChip-Bosch link.
Thanks for your research and it’s just another wait and see prospect.
I think back in the day, way back, Bosch was tossed about as a reasonable dot join.
Anyway, if anyone can add some supporting commentary or musings.
That would be welcomed.
Just a few random thoughts that may have reminded others more knowledgeable

Cheers

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Tuliptrader

Regular
Great read from Tata

Boom 💥

That is indeed a great read from TCS.

I had a bit of chuckle whilst reading it though. In the middle of the article is this quote.

"AI will probably most likely lead to the end of the world, but in the meantime, there'll be great companies."​

Sam Altman​

Chairman of OpenAI

How's that for some jolly honest fatalism.

Oh well, I suppose, if you can't beat them......

TT

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Hiya loveLamp, love the possibilities here. When Bosh said they were dumping their Lidar program after 3 or so years. I was “Oh, bum, kinda thought , Bosh generally, were a possible good fit” But i noted that Bosh took up a keen interest in mm wavelength tech. From my uneducated, vague and low researched perspective , it seemed that mm wavelength offered another exciting opportunity to a BrainChip-Bosh link.
Thanks for your research and it’s just another wait and see prospect.
I think back in the day, way back, Bosh was tossed about as a reasonable dot join.
Anyway, if anyone can add some supporting commentary or musings.
That would be welcomed.
Just a few random thoughts that may have reminded others more knowledgeable

Cheers
Agreed @Kozikan A bosch connection is highly probable imo 🥳 can't wait to see what unfolds over the coming months / years.

As Rene Haas said in the interview i posted this morning, "when it comes to ai, we're 2min into the first qtr of the first game"

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

charles2

Regular
BRN is not a run-ot-the-mill company with a single product or known product range and established customers. Even the product development roadmap changes with the rapid developments in the market and changing customer requirements.

Well it hardly seems to qualify as an offense risking jail if you buy stock because you like your company's prospects.

To me Australia has orchestrated short sellers that would be first in line for jail if there was even a modicum of market oversight.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Well it hardly seems to qualify as an offense risking jail if you buy stock because you like your company's prospects.

To me Australia has orchestrated short sellers that would be first in line for jail if there was even a modicum of market oversight.
Given the cautious approach to the way the BOD share information and the interpretation they have taken in regards ASX announcements I think they have a good excuse for not buying on market.

And given the generous allowances made to each of them and other connected parties as part of the remuneration packages, they don't need to.

But , this second factor is not only applicable to BRN but instead is seemingly propagated by most who reach such exalted positions.

An industry within industries, something akin to the real estate market where those who are in the greatest positions to gain are also coincidently puling the strings of those making the rules resulting in engineered shortages to make sure demand is always exceeding available supply.

Unfortunately corruption is the go to modus operandi in human affairs and proliferates beneath the surface benefiting the few at the expense of the rest.

Maybe when the AI's take over, with an intergenerational plan for our betterment they will institute a fairer environment, over time.
Too honest, too fair, too soon..........too much of a shock to our system. 🤣

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Crestman

Regular
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Kozikan

Regular
Agreed @Kozikan A bosch connection is highly probable imo 🥳 can't wait to see what unfolds over the coming months / years.

As Rene Haas said in the interview i posted this morning, "when it comes to ai, we're 2min into the first qtr of the first game"
Too true.

• Fire
  • Haha

TECH

Regular
Good evening,

Many will remember when we (Brainchip) presented alongside Tata Consultancy Services in Vancouver demonstrating Gesture Recognition
in Robotics.

This Tata Patent was published a little over 5 weeks ago, maybe it's already been posted, but never-the-less check it out, we get a little mention
in the artwork, mean something, I think so...we head this space, don't we ?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Good evening,

Many will remember when we (Brainchip) presented alongside Tata Consultancy Services in Vancouver demonstrating Gesture Recognition
in Robotics.

This Tata Patent was published a little over 5 weeks ago, maybe it's already been posted, but never-the-less check it out, we get a little mention

Hi Tech,

Great find!

One exciting thing is the priority date of 20220429, just 18 months ago, indicating a potential ongoing relationship. After all, who does CNN2SNN better than BRN?

... and a couple of the inventors are familiar faces ...

US2023325001A1 ACOUSTIC SYSTEM AND METHOD BASED GESTURE DETECTION USING SPIKING NEURAL NETWORKS 20220429

Inventors: GIGIE ANDREW [IN]; GEORGE ARUN [IN]; KUMAR ACHANNA ANIL [IN]; DEY SOUNAK [IN]; PAL ARPAN [IN]

1700380973867.png

Conventional gesture detection approaches demand large memory and computation power to run efficiently, thus limiting their use in power and memory constrained edge devices. Present application/disclosure provides a Spiking Neural Network based system which is a robust low power edge compatible ultrasound-based gesture detection system. The system uses a plurality of speakers and microphones that mimics a Multi Input Multi Output (MIMO) setup thus providing requisite diversity to effectively address fading. The system also makes use of distinctive Channel Impulse Response (CIR) estimated by imposing sparsity prior for robust gesture detection. A multi-layer Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) has been trained on these distinctive CIR images and the trained CNN model is converted into an equivalent Spiking Neural Network (SNN) via an ANN (Artificial Neural Network)-to-SNN conversion mechanism. The SNN is further configured to detect/classify gestures performed by users.

[0089] The active power consumption of a neuromorphic hardware is mainly contributed by the spiking network's total number of synaptic operations (SOP). Following (7) and the method mentioned in Sorbaro et al. (e.g., refer “Martino Sorbaro, Qian Liu, Massimo Bortone, and Sadique Sheik, “Optimizing the energy consumption of spiking neural networks for neuromorphic applications,” Frontiers in Neuroscience, vol. 14, pp. 662, 2020.”), total number of synaptic operation for the SNN of the system 100 is found to be ˜35M while that for the CNN is ˜95M (considering matrix multiplication only). This converted SNN can be implemented on neuromorphic platforms such as Brainchip Akida (e.g., refer “Brainchip unveils the akidatm development environment,” https://www.brainchipinc.com/news-m...chip-unveils-the-akida-developmentenvironment, 2019″), Intel® Loihi (e.g., refer “Mike Davies. et. al, “Advancing neuromorphic computing with loihi: A survey of results and outlook,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 109, no. 5, pp. 911-934, 2021.”), etc. to achieve further power benefit (˜100×).

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 58 users
Good evening,

in Robotics.

I don't know do we ? Until the company confirm 1 way or another it's speculation

Couldn't recall if this one with Todd & Edge Impulse posted on multi object detection.

Apparently put up about 3 days ago.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
This is great Frangipani! You will notice whilst Zach doesn't specifically mention Brainchip its clear that Arm and Brainchip are shown TOGETHER in the bottom right had side of graph. Not only that both are in a BOXED IN together! View attachment 49901
Then I referred to a Arm tech talk in May 2023 that Nandan and other executives were on and Nadan specifically mentions that Brainchip is able to go into Any cortex system. To further add within the Arm tech talk speech has a slide another slide together with Arms cortex range inc M55 and M85 etc. View attachment 49902 So essentially its way more then an interesting presentation and your a genius to display it. Zach from edge impulse didn't probably need to spell out as it's proof right there boxed IN WITH ARM. Can't get better than that Marcel Marceau 😀👍 you made my Sunday Frangipani ❤ View attachment 49901
"This is great Frangipani! You will notice whilst Zach doesn't specifically mention Brainchip its clear that Arm and Brainchip are shown TOGETHER in the bottom"

To me that symbolises an ARM chip with AKIDA inside.

1700382975799.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
Top Bottom