BRN Discussion Ongoing

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Evening TECH & Chippers ,

Good find on the patent front.

Briefly skimmed through ...

Brainchip mentioned under Description @ 0089.

I now have a headache.

Regards,
Esq.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hi Tech,

Great find!

One exciting thing is the priority date of 20220429, just 18 months ago, indicating a potential ongoing relationship. After all, who does CNN2SNN better than BRN?

... and a couple of the inventors are familiar faces ...

US2023325001A1 ACOUSTIC SYSTEM AND METHOD BASED GESTURE DETECTION USING SPIKING NEURAL NETWORKS 20220429

Inventors: GIGIE ANDREW [IN]; GEORGE ARUN [IN]; KUMAR ACHANNA ANIL [IN]; DEY SOUNAK [IN]; PAL ARPAN [IN]

View attachment 49937

Conventional gesture detection approaches demand large memory and computation power to run efficiently, thus limiting their use in power and memory constrained edge devices. Present application/disclosure provides a Spiking Neural Network based system which is a robust low power edge compatible ultrasound-based gesture detection system. The system uses a plurality of speakers and microphones that mimics a Multi Input Multi Output (MIMO) setup thus providing requisite diversity to effectively address fading. The system also makes use of distinctive Channel Impulse Response (CIR) estimated by imposing sparsity prior for robust gesture detection. A multi-layer Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) has been trained on these distinctive CIR images and the trained CNN model is converted into an equivalent Spiking Neural Network (SNN) via an ANN (Artificial Neural Network)-to-SNN conversion mechanism. The SNN is further configured to detect/classify gestures performed by users.

[0089] The active power consumption of a neuromorphic hardware is mainly contributed by the spiking network's total number of synaptic operations (SOP). Following (7) and the method mentioned in Sorbaro et al. (e.g., refer “Martino Sorbaro, Qian Liu, Massimo Bortone, and Sadique Sheik, “Optimizing the energy consumption of spiking neural networks for neuromorphic applications,” Frontiers in Neuroscience, vol. 14, pp. 662, 2020.”), total number of synaptic operation for the SNN of the system 100 is found to be ˜35M while that for the CNN is ˜95M (considering matrix multiplication only). This converted SNN can be implemented on neuromorphic platforms such as Brainchip Akida (e.g., refer “Brainchip unveils the akidatm development environment,” https://www.brainchipinc.com/news-m...chip-unveils-the-akida-developmentenvironment, 2019″), Intel® Loihi (e.g., refer “Mike Davies. et. al, “Advancing neuromorphic computing with loihi: A survey of results and outlook,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 109, no. 5, pp. 911-934, 2021.”), etc. to achieve further power benefit (˜100×).

One of the inventors is Sunak Dey
I recall he had some great stuff to say
About how Akida is getting on
Being betterer than NVIDIA Jetson

a88c2019fd3b265c434f08f9e41e26ce.gif

Screen Shot 2023-11-19 at 8.08.54 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 70 users
I don't know do we ? Until the company confirm 1 way or another it's speculation
The CEO Has stated our engagement with customers is at a record high, so where got them in our shop ,engagement is there however it's whether they put cash in the till or walk out

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Labsy

Regular
My interpretation of this is that all these companies essentially rely on the ARM/BRAINCHIP ip... ubiquitous baby.. 🚀🚀
Screenshot_20231119_215042_YouTube.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users
Good to see we'll be at CES.

Appointment only, like quite a few on the Alliance list, though some do have booths.

Presume when our blurb says, live demos with partner platforms, just means we will be there with certain partners booths....be good to check which partners we know have booths and what they showing :unsure:

Wouldn't it be great to at least get a non sensitive Ann advising the mkt we will be there (or have I missed it)...no diff imo when mining companies advise they'll be attending say Diggers and Dealers :cautious:

News / November 15, 2023

The Edge AI and Vision Alliance 2024 CES Checklist for game-changing computer vision and perceptual AI technologies​

Many Alliance Member companies will be showing off the latest building-block technologies that enable new capabilities for machines that see! CES is huge so we’ve created a handy checklist of these companies and where to find them including how to request suite/demo access.​

Brainchip​

Appointment Only​

Brainchip is hosting a showcase at the Venetian Resort Hotel with live demonstrations of the Akida neuromorphic processor technology in action with partner platforms. Experience ultra-efficient edge AI processing of all sensor modalities—vision, sound, vibration—and explore possibilities for disruptive new solutions. For requests to meet at the Brainchip suite, please contact
sales@brainchip.com.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Any advance technical member/ programmer could do a little dig in this. I had a skim through. But haven't found it.

When you put 'Akida' in the Arm Developer. Arm Ethos-U65 NPU Technical Reference Manual come up.

'Arm Ethos is a family of synthesizable neural processor IPs designed by Arm for IoT and edge applications'. So could Arm implement Akida IP in it???

Screenshot_20231120_075048_Chrome.jpg

Learning 🪴

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_7832.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

mrgds

Regular
Morning Chippers,

Just watching the news....

Elon Musk ,
-2nd launch test of of Space X Super Heavey StarShip Rocket.
-33 Raptor Engine's. = big mobs of lift.
-stands roughly 397 feet tall.
- launched from Boca Chica, Texas.
- reached an altitude of 64 km before, unfortunately self terminating, due to a as yet unknown fault.
- payload 150 ton's. Apparently expandable up to 200 plus ton's.

NASA wish to utilise this chariot for things like the ISS ( Intentional Space Station ) & Moon to Mars mission taking large pieces of infrastructure into space.

* just to put this payload into something quantifiable to the average Australian...

150 ton's = 150,000 kg.

1x standard Coopers Pale Ale , 4.5% ALC/VOL, 375ml, glass bottle weighs roughly 600 grams.

Soooooo.

Some quick maths ...
150,000kg
÷ 0.600
= 250,000 bottles ( excluding cardboard box )
= 10,416 case's of beer or 93,750 litres.
Also ... if thay bought the empty bottles back to Earth , South Australia, thay could also collect $0.10 AU per bottle ...= $25,000.00 at local bottle recyclers.

😃.

Woo Hoooo.

Hope we are all having a tops weekend.

Regards,
Esq.
Esq, .................... apparently NASA & Space-X are currently doing another mission to apologise to the Aliens for polluting the atomosphere.

The mission is called ............................ "APOLLO -G"

😅

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

MDhere

Regular
My interpretation of this is that all these companies essentially rely on the ARM/BRAINCHIP ip... ubiquitous baby.. 🚀🚀 View attachment 49946
Exactly we are boxed in with Arm "integrated" This is exactly why this slide shows the way it is! Drink on me @Frangipani for making me dance all weekend. 💃 I think I will copy and frame this slide and place into my Brainchip box of treasures.

• Love
  • Fire

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Morning Chippers,

Poised ..... & a little exited ....

ASX TRADING PLATFORM.

CHESS REPLACEMENT.

TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES wins contract.
$105,000,000.00 to $125,000,000.00

ACCENTURE , to support the project delivery & integration.

* I do belive 🧠 Chip has dealings with these two Companies.

Wooooo Hooooo.

Well maybe. Not a certainty but would , could be a bloody good dot, if we are included amoungst it.

CRANK IT , I have.

💃

Australian bourse operator partners with TCS for trading software replacement​

Reuters
November 20, 20238:54 AM GMT+10:30Updated 14 min ago

A board displaying stock prices is adorned with the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) logo in central Sydney

A board displaying stock prices is adorned with the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) logo in central Sydney, Australia, February 13, 2018. Picture taken February 13, 2018. REUTERS/David Gray/File Photo Acquire Licensing Rights
Nov 20 (Reuters) - Australian bourse operator ASX Ltd (ASX.AX) said on Monday it would proceed with a product-based solution delivered by TATA Consultancy Services (TCS.NS) to design and replace its trading, clearing and settlement system.
ASX said it would implement the new platform in two main releases, with the clearing service to be delivered in a first release, and the settlement and sub-register services in a second release.
Advertisement · Scroll to continue

The estimated cost for the first release of the Clearing House Electronic Subregister System (CHESS) project is between A$105 million ($68.33 million) and A$125 million, to be incurred over multiple years, ASX said.
ASX added the CHESS replacement project will move to the next phase of design and implementation, with further stakeholder consultation set to start in the first quarter of 2024.
The exchange operator has come under scrutiny in recent times, with Australia passing laws to encourage competition in post-trade settlement and clearing for financial markets since ASX abandoned a costly-rebuild of its CHESS platform last year.
Advertisement · Scroll to continue

Regards,
Esq

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 41 users

MDhere

Regular
Morning Chippers,

Poised ..... & a little exited ....

ASX TRADING PLATFORM.

CHESS REPLACEMENT.

TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES wins contract.
$105,000,000.00 to $125,000,000.00

ACCENTURE , to support the project delivery & integration.

* I do belive 🧠 Chip has dealings with these two Companies.

Wooooo Hooooo.

Well maybe. Not a certainty but would , could be a bloody good dot, if we are included amoungst it.

CRANK IT , I have.

💃

Regards,
Esq

Esq i too am a little excited... and I love the way that u find these djs artists in such unusual places like at the top of buildings and in middle of forests, so intriguing just like each time we may find a piece of a puzzle in the middle of nowhere but its out there ! Thanks for these clips from time to time it broadens my "vision and hearing" 😀

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

MDhere

Regular
Ok I just have to share this as we are all excited about arm brainchip and M85 and here is our renesas man. I love the passion on this guy and the interviewer has no clue what renesas is trying to express! Love it when he says its not just the first, its the first on earth!!! almost says universe but he doesn't quite know if there is anything else out there in the universe lol and interview says do u think its the best in this conference he says OF COUSRE!
Love this renesas guy! Well done Renesas! 💃

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Ok I just have to share this as we are all excited about arm brainchip and M85 and here is our renesas man. I love the passion on this guy and the interviewer has no clue what renesas is trying to express! Love it when he says its not just the first, its the first on earth!!! almost says universe but he doesn't quite know if there is anything else out there in the universe lol and interview says do u think its the best in this conference he says OF COUSRE!

Really enjoyed that video, thanks for sharing, at the end he said something awesome like the M85 is the star of the show, first one on earth and if customers want to be winners too then come and check it out 💪

And he said this product will be in market this year 😎

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

itsol4605

Regular

Please note that no Brainchip Akida is used there, but Arm's Helium !

"Renesas Electronics Corporation presents the first live demonstrations of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) implementations on an MCU based on the Arm Cortex-M85 processor. The demos show the performance uplift in AI/ML applications made possible by the new Cortex-M85 core and Arm's Helium technology."

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

My interpretation of this is that all these companies essentially rely on the ARM/BRAINCHIP ip... ubiquitous baby.. 🚀🚀 View attachment 49946

Hi Labsy,

Thanks to @chapman89 for emailing Rob Telson to enquire exactly what this slide represents! Here's what Rob had to say about the slide.(y)

AB am.png

Screenshot_20231119_215042_YouTube.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 65 users
Please note that no Brainchip Akida is used there, but Arm's Helium !

"Renesas Electronics Corporation presents the first live demonstrations of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) implementations on an MCU based on the Arm Cortex-M85 processor. The demos show the performance uplift in AI/ML applications made possible by the new Cortex-M85 core and Arm's Helium technology."
How do you know that the helium technology doesn't contain the AKIDA IP?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 23 users

Bravo

Hi Schnitzy,

As per previous post, Renesas is launching the first chip based on the new 22nm CMOS process in Q4 2023.

So, since we are in Q4 right now it can't be too long before we see the launch.

In December 2022 Sailesh Chickpea (I've forgotten how to spell his surname, sorry) from Renesas said “Our next step is to use more advanced technology nodes to push microcontrollers into the gigahertz regime and that's where they overlap with microprocessors. The way I see it is that what matters most is the performance of the system.

“Now you have accelerators to drive AI with neural processing units rather than a dual-core processor. We are working with a third party to put a processor into production in December on a 22nm CMOS process,” Chittipeddi said.

Brainchip and Renesas signed an agreement in December 2020 to implement spiking neural network technology. The tools are vital for this new field. “The partner gives us the training tools we need,” he said.

Also, in the previous article I posted it says that "Renesas will combine the new 22-nm MCUs with numerous compatible devices from its portfolio to offer a wide array of Winning Combinations".

So, as @chapman89 once famously said "Now can everybody just hold their horses and understand that we are all going to be rich".🐴💰😝

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sailesh-chittipeddi-81774a1/overlay/about-this-profile/

WARNING: Please avert your eyes if you're allergic to dot joining.

Here's something I've been thinking about and cobbling together, in addition to the above info about the Renesas device which is expected to launch in 4Q 2023 which is also expected to include Akida + 22nm CMOS process with the integration of a SOFTWARE DEFINED RADIO, here are some further points of a dot-ish nature that I wanted to present.

• 30 March 2022 - Tejas Networks (Tata) announced the acquisition of Saankhya Labs. Saankhya is a pioneer in building software defined radios (SDR)
  • 29 June 2022 - a strategic partnership is announced whereby Renesas will work with Tata group firm Tejas Networks in developing next-generation automotive electronics.
  • 11 April 2023 – Renesas , announced that it has produced its first micro controller (MCU) based on advanced 22-nm process technology. The first chip produced on the new 22-nm process is an extension to Renesas’ popular RA family of 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M microcontrollers. This new wireless MCU delivers Bluetooth® 5.3 Low Energy (LE) with the integration of a software-defined radio (SDR). Renesas is sampling the new device to select customers now, with full market launch expected in 4Q 2023.

Oh, and if you think all of the companies below are randomly tangoing around and with each other for no good reasons, then I'd probably think again.

I believe the following list is in chronological order:

Tata + BrainChip joint demonstration gesture recognition
Renesas completes acquisition of Reality AI
Reality AI + Arm partner
BrainChip signs IP licence with Renesas
Infineon + Reality AI partner
Tejas Networks (Tata) announce acquisition of Saankhya Labs
Arm + BrainChip partner
Renesas + Tata (Tejas Networks) partner
BrainChip + Tata Elxsi parter

Naturally, this is all just conjecture and my uneducated thoughts only.

B

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 62 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good Afternoon Chippers ,

Some above average ordres floating through today,

They seem to be dumping then slamming through their buys , could get a little spicy this afternoon.

Regards,
Esq.

• Love
  • Fire

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
  • Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users

Labsy