BRN Discussion Ongoing

manny100

Regular
Close to the end of last weeks interview Sean said the next 12 months will be critical in many ways.
The critical being:
........he talked about new partnerships, accelerated product development and hopefully announcements relating to engagements.
The above should elevate market expectations if it happens which in turn will lead to material share price moves.
Markets move largely on future expectations.

Reactions: 11 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

Screenshot_20231112_082351_LinkedIn.jpg

BRN intern liked it

Screenshot_20231112_082406_LinkedIn.jpg

One of the Swaayatt employees tagged these companies in the post...........look familiar?

Screenshot_20231112_082235_LinkedIn.jpg
Screenshot_20231112_082320_LinkedIn.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users
Close to the end of last weeks interview Sean said the next 12 months will be critical in many ways.
The critical being:
........he talked about new partnerships, accelerated product development and hopefully announcements relating to engagements.
The above should elevate market expectations if it happens which in turn will lead to material share price moves.
So in that statement is it still touch n go ?

Calsco

Regular
Looks like we missed out on winning the poll on LinkedIn

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
You don't get the logic behind it, sorry. Valeo Scala 3 Lidar been introduced first on CES 2022.
This is a market-ready product, but there is no licence for the use of Akida. Nobody in the world would finish development without having a licence for the parts used in this product, that would be overly stupid.
Even when this is top secret, the financials aren't and they don't lie.
By the way, a safety-relevant product like Scala 3 Lidar needs ASIL-certified parts for use in this product. Up to now no ISO/ASIL certification for Akida been made.
In the past I wrote two times to TD asking for planned ISO/ASIL certifications and never got any response. Of course it will be extremely hard to get an ASIL certification for a new technology, but that's the way it goes.
Just to get familiar with this theme:
Valeo will be looking after the certification and compliance for Scala 3 as described below.

I believe @chapman89 commented on this article when it was first posted on Linkedin and received a response from Dr Henrich Gostzig from Valeo confirming they did a lot of work with neuromorphic SNN.

DVN-L Interview: Benazouz Bradaï, Valeo AD Innovation Chief​

Bradaï, Valeo AD Innovation Chief​

Dr. Benazouz Bradaï is Research & Innovation Director and Master Expert in Autonomous Driving at Valeo. In that role, he’s made major scientific and industrial contributions. He is also a scientific co-director of the ASTRA (Automated systems for Safe TRAnsportation) joint lab with Inria in France.
Bradaï holds a PhD in automatic control from Haute Alsace University in France. His expertise and research interests include sensor fusion, precise localization and mapping, and system architecture. He is a member of IEEE, ADASIS Forum, SENSORIS Consortium, SAE, and SIA (French SAE) as an ADAS/AD expert. He graciously granted DVN-Lidar this interview.

DVN: Will you tell us about your career and work at Valeo?​

Dr. Benazouz Bradaï: In 2003, I started a PhD thesis in multisensor fusion for ADAS in collaboration with Valeo in the framework of a CIFRE industrial contract (Conventions Industrielles de Formation par la Recherche, industrial agreements on training through research). At that time, I was working on fusion of cameras and maps for lighting automation and for Intelligent Speed Assist. In 2007, I got my PhD and have been hired by Valeo as an ADAS Engineer. I was promoted R&I Project Manager in 2012, then Autonomous Driving Innovation Platform Manager position in 2019. Since 2022, I am R&I Director on ADAS and Autonomous Driving. As a Research and Innovation Engineer, I have always been passionate about research and innovation. I continued working with academics at Valeo with supervision of several PhD thesis with Mines ParisTech and Inria Lab. Since February 2022, I am the Scientific Co-Director of a joint lab with Inria called ASTRA “Automated systems for Safe TRAnsportation”. I have been evolving also as an expert from 2009 to Senior Expert in 2015 and finally a Master Expert in 2022.

DVN: What are the key milestones to achieve robust autonomous driving?​

Dr. B.B.: Mercedes has achieved in 2022 the roll-out of the first homologated L3 system in EU and soon in the US up to 60 km/h, in line with UNECE R157 (ALKS). In a few months, Hyundai-Kia will be bringing another L3 system in various countries including South Korea, some European countries, and North America. To achieve this milestone, safety is a key element that needs to be proven at the homologation stage. The sensors’ redundancy is important for safety, and lidar is an enabler for higher autonomy. The lidar is also enabler for corner cases like ‘underdrivable’ objects, reducing false positives, and overcoming issues other sensors have—like camera that can be blinded by the sun, or radar which can have false positives with regard to tunnels. It allows increased detection range and high-fidelity 3D environment modelling.
Today, L4 Autonomous Vehicles are very limited in series production. By L4, we mean a safe system where the driver need not intervene at any moment and the system is ensuring the fallback in case of failure. Some experimentations or limited commercial services of L4 systems—Robotaxis—are currently on in China and in the US in geofenced, pre-defined areas, but no real commercial use.

DVN: How important is lidar, and why?​

Dr. B.B.: Lidar allows an increased range with a high accuracy of detections for highly retroreflective objects, height measurements, and 3D environment modelling capability.
From a safety point of view, lidar brings an essential technology redundancy that is important for the perception of the environment. Most approaches for L3 automation use a triple sensor technology redundancy. Compared to the camera, the lidar cannot be blinded by the sun above the horizon, it increases the detection range, and has higher accuracy. Compared to the radar, it allows height measurements and has better angular resolution. In addition, lidar allows modelling the 3D environment and is very useful for precise localization and mapping. In urban environments when the infrastructure can be occluded by other road users or when there are no lane markings for example, it allows the availability of the function and thus extends the ODD (operational design domain). Valeo developed Drive4U Locate, a precise localization and mapping system based on our Valeo Scala lidar, which reaches 10-cm accuracy. It maps the environment and detects the change and updates the map by crowdsourcing.
050723_I1.jpg
VALEO DRIVE4U LOCATE: PRECISE LOCALIZATION AND MAPPING BASED ON SCALA LIDAR

DVN: Are there critical use cases which have been solved by Lidar?​

Dr. B.B.: Lidar sensing technology is well suited to manage so-called ‘under-drivable’ objects such as sign gantries, bridges, or tunnels—elements of the infrastructure under which vehicles are supposed to drive freely. Traditional sensors such as radars and cameras usually perform poorly to classify these objects as under-drivable, and lidar brings the additional 3D information to reliably distinguish these objects from other road users such as cars.
One of the critical use-cases that lidar solves is the detection of debris (e.g., lost cargo) on the highway, a challenge that is directly related to the vehicle speed. The ALKS regulation has been amended and adopted in 2023 to have higher speeds on divided highways at 130 km/h, including automated lane changes. The lost cargo remains one of the challenging use-cases for this extension. With Valeo’s Scala3 lidar, these use-cases can be solved.

DVN: How does Scala3 do with these use cases, compared to the previous Scala2?​

050723_I2.jpg
LOST CARGO (MATTRESS) ON HIGHWAY DURING VALEO CRUISE4U TEST DRIVES
Dr. B.B.: Underdrivable detection tests have been performed with Valeo Scala3 and confirm a better capability to minimize false positives (where underdrivable objects such as sign gantries or tunnels would cause unwanted braking) at sensor level, which will translate into a much better performance at system level, compensating the limitations of other sensors in such corner cases.
Of course, debris detection range will be greatly increased with Scala3, and our first tests confirm at least a doubled detection distance for objects such as a small tire on the road. This capability will be crucial to bring the top operating speed of autonomous driving functions closer to 130 km/h.
Scala3‘s potential is being evaluated as we speak, with deterministic and statistical campaigns being carried out for our first customers, especially Stellantis.

DVN: Tell us about the V&V (validation and verification) process to launch an autonomous vehicle, will you please?​

Dr. B.B.: To validate an automated vehicle of L3 and beyond, the mileage target of validation is not achievable with a realistic budget, and even if it were, it still is not sufficient. Simulation and virtual validation are key to reduce this budget and cover all the scenarios. But simulation will not be the only tool to validate. Indeed, for homologation, the assessment method combines simulation, physical tests in proving grounds, and real world tests.
The simulation is mainly to assess the system’s capacity to deal with critical situations that are not testable on proving grounds or public roads. Proving ground tests allow testing challenging scenarios that are not testable on open roads. It can be combined with simulation to test the vehicle behaviour with simulated data for repeatable scenarios and with injecting faults. This is called VIL, for vehicle-in-the-loop. Finally, validation on open roads is performed in order to assess the ability of the system to manage real-world situations especially in its interaction with other road users. It intends to verify that the system has not been overfitted to specific test scenarios.

DVN: How do Valeo sensors do in bad weather conditions?​

Dr. B.B.: As it has been presented by my colleague Ahmed Yousif at the ADAS & Autonomous Vehicle Technology Expo Conference, Valeo develops three types of simulation sensor model:
  • High Fidelity Sensor Model models the various components of the lidar, including the laser pulse and the optical path, in addition to effects such as blooming and noise. Each point is classified with a unique ID, class, and material to ease the development of the stack.
  • Phenomenological Sensor Model is an object-based model to emulate the perception stack performance and metrics.
  • AI Trained Model is an accelerator of the high-fidelity sensor model which is trained on both the simulated and real logs and data.
The high fidelity sensor model is developed taking into consideration weather conditions such as rain and spray. In addition to that, currently we are working on severe weather conditions such as fog. On the other hand, the phenomenological sensor model can emulate the lidar perception stack performance, taking into consideration all the weather conditions.

DVN: What are automakers’ expectations regarding lidar sensor models?​

Dr. B.B.: Different OEMs use the sensor models in various applications. Here is a summary of the use cases:
  • High Fidelity Sensor Model: perception stack and functions development; raw data fusion.
  • AI Trained Model: integration to XiL (HiL/ SiL/ Overall HiL); perception stack and functions development, raw data fusion.
  • Phenomenological Sensor Model: object-based fusion and integration to HiL and SiL.
The high fidelity sensor model is required for virtual validation and the verification with respect to real word test drives. At Valeo we also validate, with digital twin, the targeted autonomous driving functions where we can test with the simulation using the high fidelity sensor models and with real data as well as the tests in the real world.
050723_I3.jpg
VALIDATION VS REAL WORLD – DIGITAL TWIN
050723_I4.jpg
EXAMPLE OF THE HIGH FIDELITY SENSOR MODEL USED IN SIMULATION

DVN: What’s next to improve the ODD for L3 and L4 autonomous driving systems?​

Dr. B.B.: Even as ADAS becomes increasingly a standard, L2 and L2+ automation will still be dominant as they will represent more than 50 per cent market share by the end of decade. These hands-off systems up to 130 km/h will be with progressive ODD extension including automated lane change, intersection support exit ramps management between highways, etc.
For L3 and L4 systems, the ODD is also increased progressively. The first L3 systems on the road will be based on ALKS up to 60 km/h, then ALKS up to 130 km/h with automated lane change starting from 2026-2027.
Lidar technology is key to manage the related critical use-cases as the lost cargo for example. There is a trend in China to have lidar from L2+ in order to prepare the next generation of L3 and L4 systems when the regulation is adopted. Regarding safety, at least a second sensor technology is required for managing these critical use-cases. Other sensor technologies will be introduced to extend the ODD, like the thermal camera to manage adverse weather situations and VRU (vulnerable road users). Connectivity deployment will allow more ODD extension. For example, at Valeo we are working on innovation for extending the L4 highway speed to new challenging use-cases like toll booths and work zones, using connectivity combined with the vehicle sensor perception.
050723_I5.jpg
VALEO CRUISE4U HIGHWAY EXTENDED ODD USING CONNECTIVITY: WORK ZONE MANAGEMENT
050723_I6.jpg
VALEO CRUISE4U HIGHWAY EXTENDED ODD USING CONNECTIVITY: TOLL BOOTH MANAGEMENT

DVN: What should be the safety targets for an AV?​

Dr. B.B.: Autonomous vehicle behavior must be safe whatever the potential root causes. Compliance with ISO 21448 SOTIF (Safety Of The Intended Functionality) is one of the major challenges in AV design and architecture. For that, the first difficulty automakers are facing is the definition of the acceptance criteria.
A PFA (French Automotive Platform) position paper from March 2019, “Safety Argument for SAE Automation Level 3 and 4 Automated Vehicles”, suggests using the GAME method (French acronym meaning globally at least equivalent) to define these objectives. This method is also recommended by the ISO 21448 standard and the new coming ISO/TS 5083 on Safety Demonstration of Automated Driving Systems. The principle being that the residual risk induced by the AD system must be less than or equal to the one induced by an average human driver.
There are other methods like MEM (minimum endogenous mortality), ALARP (as low as reasonably practicable), and positive risk balance. Today there is no worldwide, nor European state of the art. However, a common approach is to take into account the accidentology statistics for similar use cases and to derive the acceptance criteria. The target of the acceptable fatal accidents rate induced by the autonomous driving system shall be lower than the fatal accidents rate induced by human driving divided by a safety factor. This safety factor can mitigate all the uncertainties arising from the calculation. It can also take into account that accident rates evolve from one year to another or that they can be different from one country to another.
Considering the GAME method, this target can be a factor of 10—a number used for decades by the safety community. There is still no consensus, but the common approaches are converging towards this factor. There are currently activities in different working groups and this factor might be updated.
https://www.drivingvisionnews.com/news/2023/07/05/dvn-l-interview-benazouz-bradai-valeo-ad-innovation-chief/

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Bravo

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
Hi All

Been a fair while since i posted a chart of BRN, its been on a pretty dismal bearish trajectory for the most part of this year, so saw no real point in posting the obvious and putting the boot in, but now i see some glimmer of hope for the poor suffering longs ....;)

View attachment 49278
From a EW perspective, its following a classical path.

After reaching the low of 14.66 on the 10/6/23, both RSI and MACD turned bullish with some nice above average volume bars to create sub wave 1 up to 21c, then the corresponding sub wave 2 down movement played out thereafter (14.6 - 21c is a 50% profit for those players who picked the bottom , so was inevitable ) which concluded on the 31/10/23

From the 31/10/23 to 8/11/23, we saw both indicators turn bullish again with subsequent above average volume bars to create sub wave 3 up which hit the 1.618 fib target 24.55 ( a typical target for a wave 3 up movement ), you will notice also that on the 8/11/23 RSI 14 hit oversold 70, thus activating sub wave 4 down, which typically reverses around the 38 fib support or around the height of sub wave 1 up .....which it is where the SP is right now.

So the question now remains, will the current SP be the pivot for sub wave 5 up action, which potentially could hit 35.25 which coincides with a fairly strong resistance line ?

What FA could drive that action ?
IP deals for GEN 2 or some expected increased revenue 🤷🏻‍♂️
Or could the positive sentiment on the NASDAQ be the catalyst ?

I’d say unlikely as the likes of Nvidia and a few select 6-8 Nasdaq stocks carried the market higher for the first half of 2023 as BRN continued to LL’s
View attachment 49280 Coincidently, nasdaq chart displaying classic EW too, with sub wave 4 down hitting the 38 fib ( 12692 ) support before acting as the pivot for early stage sub wave 5 up,as mentioned prior, historically this is mainly the case for sub wave 4 down.

So, could we say that BRN is following the footpath of nasdaq ?

I think it’s more likely that the market thinks BRN has reached a range somewhere near fair value and it’s no longer as asymmetrical rewarding to be aggressively short here and more buyers thinking this is worth a speculative punt again at these price levels..
If so, then it shouldnt be too long before BRN SP activates sub wave 5 up too........;)

Of course, for BRN to sustain a more bullish path in the long term , then VOLUME of sales needs to pick up dramatically, but for now, BRN looks bullish for the short term at least.

imo
To be frank, with GEN 2 available now, there is no real place to hide.. A company with such a huge market potential and a product well placed to To take advantage, the next 12 months will be make or break for BRN.. And the share price over the next 3-6 months will tell us which that will be in my view..

If the price heads to more lower lows, then the market is telling us that BRN is really no closer to any great “financials” or new IP partners. So let’s go with wave 5 is what’s coming next..

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
The critical being:
I noticed this too in the podcast, yet he cleverly did not distinguish whether it was another partner as have the many which have been announced this year, or material engagements where customers are signing on the line as new IP Customers.. Not much of a fan of Sean’s interviews.. his value is ecosystem building and networking, not necessarily communicating to shareholders.. Seems there’s too much information he’s protecting and never able to get more than general waffle out that we’ve already heard..

I liked the latest Investor Podcast with Zac Shelby where he is focused on education within the industry to massage Edge AI development into the right direction.. That interview really shone a light on where the industry is at and where BRN is likely at in that process..

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
You don't get the logic behind it, sorry. Valeo Scala 3 Lidar been introduced first on CES 2022.
This is a market-ready product, but there is no licence for the use of Akida. Nobody in the world would finish development without having a licence for the parts used in this product, that would be overly stupid.
By the way, a safety-relevant product like Scala 3 Lidar needs ASIL-certified parts for use in this product. Up to now no ISO/ASIL certification for Akida been made.
In the past I wrote two times to TD asking for planned ISO/ASIL certifications and never got any response. Of course it will be extremely hard to get an ASIL certification for a new technology, but that's the way it goes.
Overly stupid - perhaps ... or there may have been an announced partnership.

What's the logic of a partnership?

The company has addressed the ISO certification issue, saying that that would be up to the customer to organize.

https://www.valeo.com/en/valeo-scala-lidar/#Automotive Lidar: The Essential Sensor For Autonomous Driving

Valeo’s third-generation laser LiDAR technology, which is scheduled to hit the market in 2024, will take autonomous driving even further, making it possible to delegate driving to the vehicle in many situations, including at speeds of up to 130 km/h on the highway. Even at high speeds on the highway, autonomous vehicles equipped with this system are able to manage emergency situation autonomously.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

Bravo

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

Overly stupid ... or there may have been an announced partnership.

What's the logic of a partnership?

I believe Valeo only announced the partnership with us as a decoy, to throw everyone off the sent of their real operations which is to mass produce Morrocan style, hand dyed silk caftans and spring racing fascinators, not LiDARS.

This is not investment advice.

kath-kim.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks for your input Dio so you think that AKIDA is not in Valeo scala 3
Perhaps thinks "Praps not".

We have been in a joint development partnership with Valeo to develop a lidar product since 2020:

The company has affirmed that this is still on foot, so I think that it is quite possible that Scala 3 will include Akida.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 64 users

Galaxycar

Regular
Talk is cheap when it comes to Sean H,Times up time to go back to where you come from with your tail between your legs,Bullshit don’t cut it here in Australia,you have failed us shareholders miserably, we all know your only here to hand out would class Christmas bonuses to your under achieving staff personally. Maybe should try selling hotdogs this lot.

BEISHA

Top 20
IP deals for GEN 2 or some expected increased revenue 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’d say unlikely as the likes of Nvidia and a few select 6-8 Nasdaq stocks carried the market higher for the first half of 2023 as BRN continued to LL’s

I think it’s more likely that the market thinks BRN has reached a range somewhere near fair value and it’s no longer as asymmetrical rewarding to be aggressively short here and more buyers thinking this is worth a speculative punt again at these price levels..

To be frank, with GEN 2 available now, there is no real place to hide.. A company with such a huge market potential and a product well placed to To take advantage, the next 12 months will be make or break for BRN.. And the share price over the next 3-6 months will tell us which that will be in my view..

If the price heads to more lower lows, then the market is telling us that BRN is really no closer to any great “financials” or new IP partners. So let’s go with wave 5 is what’s coming next..
"I’d say unlikely as the likes of Nvidia and a few select 6-8 Nasdaq stocks carried the market higher for the first half of 2023 as BRN continued to LL’s"

Never underestimate bullish sector sentiment, it eventually lifts all boats despite the performance of FA, much the same way bearish sector sentiment drags all boats down regardless of bullish FA....;)

That being said.....

"I think it’s more likely that the market thinks BRN has reached a range somewhere near fair value"
"more buyers thinking this is worth a speculative punt again at these price levels "

I agree, there is definitely a element of that mixed in too

"IP deals for GEN 2 or some expected increased revenue 🤷🏻‍♂️"

"Of course, for BRN to sustain a more bullish path in the long term , then VOLUME of sales needs to pick up dramatically,"

We agree there too.

BTW, just a heads up for you and all the good folk on BRN, speaking of MACRO market sentiment BULL v BEAR, lets have a look at the DOW.

1699764631407.png

Once again , from a EW perspective, its playing out to a T..........with wave 3 up hitting the 1.618 fib target on the nose before it pivoted to wave 4 down.

1699764923030.png

With wave 4 down hitting the 38 fib level before pivoting to wave 5 up action as we speak...

1699766874116.png

Having a look at wave 5 up, you can see within that wave, its on its final leg, sub wave 5 up, notice again where sub wave 4 down finishes before pivoting to sub wave 5 up........thats right, just below 38 fib and almost level with the height of sub wave 1

1699767208064.png

Where i am going with this is, once sub wave 5 up gets to the 1.618 fib target of 46840 possibly higher or lower depending on the global macro environment, the DOW will have completed a FULL 5 wave super cycle, possibly late next year, then what will follow is a super cycle wave 2 down, which will mean bearish sentiment attributed to all sectors on a massive scale and my cue to liquidate all stock holdings and go cash prior to that event occurring....;)

Not wishing to alarm, no financial advice, just a heads up what could potentially be coming our way in the next 10 months or so, give or take.

In the mean time, i am wishing that BRN kicks alot of goals prior and provide the longs with some financial reward for their patience.

Take care.

imo, imo

imo, imo, imo

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Damo4

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

jtardif999

Regular
Scala3 as the actual product would have to be certified not the Akida IP. Valeo and BrainChip signed a joint development agreement in 2020, so BrainChip may just take a share of the profits rather than take an IP licence, ..although their arrangement could still be converted to an IP licence late in the piece.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Bravo

Elon Musk mentions Arm. At 39.30 mins he says "UK has Arm. Arm is one of the best, perhaps the best in chip design in the world" and "Telsa uses a lot of Arm technology."

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 38 users
Top Bottom