BRN Discussion Ongoing

Xray1

Regular
If I had dollar for every announcement about CEO's and directors selling a minuscule amount of their shares to help cover tax obligations I'd be well off. If I also had a dollar for every time a naïve poster going off about it, how it's a bad look etc I'd be super rich. You don't know his financial position.

But you answered your own question when stating -
He's paid $112k, plus the equivalent of $1.374mill USD in share payments.

He has to pay tax on both. The tax on the $1.374mill USD in share payments is higher than what he is paid.
IMO..... it's not a good look for either himself as the Co's Chairperson nor the Co's general financial / investor profile .

As we all know on the 3/11/23 (only some 3 days ago) he sold some 65,000 shares @.17c = $11,050.00 . I tend to be somewhat concerned as to why did he sell at this rather specific point in time and not wait for that supposed big announcement as is continually being alluded to by some of the 1,000 eyes to come through, which would / should drive up our share price to say even the $1.00 range mark which would have then given him at least a substantial $65,000.00 outcome / return rather than just a ~ $11,050.00 figure that he received.

IMO,.... there may just be a possibility of nothing coming up in the IP pipeline within the very near future as we have all been hoping for well before this Xmas or the next AGM.

:) :) :) No wonder SH & TD are here doing Investor Presentations !!!

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 9 users
Here’s to a good week as I can feel it in my bones.

View attachment 48859
A good start 👍

1699253211732.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Calsco

Regular
What is Sean doing in Australia? Does he have a conference to attend or is he meeting with a potential new customer? Fingers crossed he is getting them to sign on the dotted line!

Reactions: 3 users
IMO..... it's not a good look for either himself as the Co's Chairperson nor the Co's general financial / investor profile .

As we all know on the 3/11/23 (only some 3 days ago) he sold some 65,000 shares @.17c = $11,050.00 . I tend to be somewhat concerned as to why did he sell at this rather specific point in time and not wait for that supposed big announcement as is continually being alluded to by some of the 1,000 eyes to come through, which would / should drive up our share price to say even the $1.00 range mark which would have then given him at least a substantial $65,000.00 outcome / return rather than just a ~ $11,050.00 figure that he received.

IMO,.... there may just be a possibility of nothing coming up in the IP pipeline within the very near future as we have all been hoping for well before this Xmas or the next AGM.

:) :) :) No wonder SH & TD are here doing Investor Presentations !!!
1699253434926.gif

• Sad
  • Haha

Getupthere

Regular
Someone here mentioned a month or two ago that management was coming to Australia in November.

It’s not a surprise but why is he here?

Answer: Melbourne cup! 😂

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
Someone here mentioned a month or two ago that management was coming to Australia in November.

It’s not a surprise but why is he here?
Maybe too

1699253652008.gif

• Haha

mrgds

Regular
I beleive this presenting to investors in Sydney by TD & SH and where ever else they will be attending is something that the Co should have disclosed openly to the market and it's shareholders ..... and is this just another case of the Co's ongoing "Cone of Silence" stance especially given the fact the Co only recently stated the following that they are " committed to continuing our constructive engagement with shareholders !!!!!!!!!
Agree @Xray1 re the communication with shareholders.

For SH to make a trip to Australia, and to not have any "media release" regarding a investor presentation via the usual platforms has me thinking this maybe something of great importance. Also adding in the delayed podcast.

On behalf of all BRN LTHs .......................... "Kick some ass Sean and knock it out of the park" ................ FFS we deserve it!!!!!!!!!

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users

Proga

Regular
Didn't MBenz once state that Akida was to be used in various
" System's " and thus not just in a one off single use system ??
I haven't heard MBenz "state" anything. I was hoping for sensors but it depends on what your definition of a system is. It's the first time I've heard the Chief Software officer or anybody else say there is going to be 4 Domain Controllers. Every schematic I've looked at use 1 so wrongfully assumed they'd be 1.

Obviously if they're using 4, they're sending different types of data to each. Which means they could use CNN (Qualcomm) in one and SNN (Akida) in another etc which has added to the confusion. You read about Merc using Qualcomm and think Akida is out but in fact they're referring to a different "system".

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Xray1

Regular
I haven't heard MBenz "state" anything. I was hoping for sensors but it depends on what your definition of a system is. It's the first time I've heard the Chief Software officer or anybody else say there is going to be 4 Domain Controllers. Every schematic I've looked at use 1 so wrongfully assumed they'd be 1.

Obviously if they're using 4, they're sending different types of data to each. Which means they could use CNN (Qualcomm) in one and SNN (Akida) in another etc which has added to the confusion. You read about Merc using Qualcomm and think Akida is out but in fact they're referring to a different "system".
I'm no tech head .......... but from my rather limited understanding... I believe that Qualcomm is cloud based. I would therefore presume that MB would have included Akida surely as a back up within their system to take over operations in the event of connectivity issues /drop out to the cloud was to somehow ever evenuate.

Also ....Once again I'm fairly sure that when MB firstly mentioned implementing Akida it was also mentioned shortly afterwards that they used the words to the effect that Akida was being adopted in a number of other MB "System's". If I am correct in my recall, I think this was announced at about the time when MB was boasting aloud about their much increased driving mileage range of 1,000 klms / charge.

Reactions: 9 users

Iseki

Regular
1030am today, Monday 6 November, Sean hehr, other brainchip executive, speaking with male, seated outside breakfast buffet at hotel where last AGM was held. Did not speak, just acknowledged them by a wave.

Hope it's good news coming.
"Did not speak, just acknowledged them by a wave."

I believe the unknown person is the owner of a substantial theramin company. Here's hoping for that long awaited announcement.

Reactions: 1 users

mrgds

Regular
There was movement at the station , for the word had past around
That Ol Seany baby was coming to Ol Sydney town

And just to be sure he"d knock em to the floor
He bought his trusted Ozzi side-kick, ............... Mr T Dawe

For the quarterly podcast had been delayed,
So many shareholders felt dismayed

But we know things will be sweet, dandy and "righty ho"
Because after all, don"t you know .................................. we have Akido !

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Easytiger

Regular
There was movement at the station , for the word had past around
That Ol Seany baby was coming to Ol Sydney town

And just to be sure he"d knock em to the floor
He bought his trusted Ozzi side-kick, ............... Mr T Dawe

For the quarterly podcast had been delayed,
Much to many shareholders dismay

But we know things will be sweet, dandy and "righty ho"
Because after all, don"t you know .................................. we have Akido !
Hey, would be good to know which large institution investors the CEO is talking to, and also for investor relations to share the presentation and the verbal communication provided to the Instos and their feedback.

• Fire
  • Haha
Interesting

TEKSUN PROCESS​

End-to-End Product Development & Project Fulfillment

Teksun's 5 Phase AI Development Life Cycle​

Teksun follows a proven Life Cycle for AI projects, encompassing all crucial stages in bringing a product to life, from ideation to market launch. At every step of the process, Teksun provides unwavering support to ensure a successful outcome.

Phase 1​

DESIGN

Key Activities​

• Defining Acceptance Criteria
  • Data Source Finalization
  • Model Architecture Identification
  • POC If Required

Key Deliverable​

• Product Requirements Specification
  • Architecture Document

clock (1)

4-8 WEEKS​

Phase 2​

DEVELOP

Key Activities​

• Data Annotation
  • Data Pre-Processing
  • AI Model Training
  • Model Transformation for the Target Platform
  • Inference Code for Target Platform
  • Happy Path Testing

Key Deliverable​

• ETL Pipeline
  • AI model v1.0
  • Model Benchmarking Report for Test Data vs Live Data

clock (1)

12 - 24 WEEKS​

Phase 3​

TUNE

Key Activities​

• Hyperparameter Tuning Of Model
  • Benchmarking Of Models
  • Evaluate Secondary Matrics If Required
  • Risk Assessment
  • Quantization And Pruning Of Model

Key Deliverable​

• AI Model V2.0
  • Model Benchmarking Report For Test Data Vs Live Data

clock (1)

4 - 8 WEEKS​

Phase 4​

AUTOMATE

Key Activities​

• MLOps
  • Automate Data Collection
  • Automate Data Labeling
  • Automate Model Training
  • Automate Testing and Deployment
  • Automate Data Drift Identification

Key Deliverable​

• Cloud Infrastructure
  • Automated 360 Pipeline
  • Data Labeling Review Setup

clock (1)

4 - 8 WEEKS​

Phase 5​

MAINTAIN

Key Activities​

• Auto Scaling For Cloud Deployment
  • Continuous Monitoring Of Model Performance
  • Drift Correction Through New Dataset Addition
  • Drift Correction Through Hyper Parameter Tuning

Key Deliverable​

• Scalable Cloud Infrastructure
  • Up To Date Model Performance

clock (1)

ONGOING​

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

M_C

Founding Member
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users
View attachment 47389
The chips that Socionext is developing will be in direct competition with mass-market examples like Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL).’s Silicon processors and Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM) Inc.’s Snapdragon line

Reactions: 10 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
I tend to be somewhat concerned

Does this mean you're on the verge of knitting your brows, but not quite there yet? :unsure:

Reactions: 2 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
If I had dollar for every announcement about CEO's and directors selling a minuscule amount of their shares to help cover tax obligations I'd be well off. If I also had a dollar for every time a naïve poster going off about it, how it's a bad look etc I'd be super rich. You don't know his financial position.

But you answered your own question when stating -
He's paid $112k, plus the equivalent of $1.374mill USD in share payments.

He has to pay tax on both. The tax on the $1.374mill USD in share payments is higher than what he is paid.
@Schnitzel lover

@Proga is correct.

You're smashing the guy for selling $11K worth of shares but the key issue you seem to have missed is that he is paid $112K BEFORE TAX, so his net pay is probably around $80,000 a year.

From that $80,000, he needs to cover the tax on $1.4m worth of shares. The tax is literally more than the his entire net pay. Many multiples more.

That doesn't include the rent/mortgage repayments/general living costs that he also needs to pay from the same $80,000 of net income.

and people wonder why executives sell their RSU's and performance shares as they are issued.....

Don't spin tax coverage selling as a negative sentiment by the director, it is misleading. He's selling because he literally earns less money then he pays in tax.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

CHIPS

Regular
1030am today, Monday 6 November, Sean hehr, other brainchip executive, speaking with male, seated outside breakfast buffet at hotel where last AGM was held. Did not speak, just acknowledged them by a wave.

Hope it's good news coming.

What I don't understand is why they have to meet in a hotel. Don't they have offices to use or to rent to speak in more private? It is a strange place for business. Or they only met by coincidence and it does not mean anything.

And I also do not understand why nobody wants to use Akida on a large scale up to now even though Akida is so much cheaper than all other chips on the market. What is wrong with Akida?

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
What I don't understand is why they have to meet in a hotel. Don't they have offices to use or to rent to speak in more private? It is a strange place for business. Or they only met by coincidence and it does not mean anything.

And I also do not understand why nobody wants to use Akida on a large scale up to now even though Akida is so much cheaper than all other chips on the market. What is wrong with Akida?
It was Tony Dawe.

Reactions: 8 users

The Pope

Regular
Continuing on from above post

Ive just recieved word from IR here in Australia that the Q3 Shareholder Q&A Podcast will not be delivered this week, BUT, will be out next week.

The reason for the delay ........................ "SCHEDULING ISSUES" :eek:;)

From this "dumb arses perspective" ................. what scheduling issues could arise from a pre-recorded audio podcast that would warrant a delay in its release?

UNLESS................ ? 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Anyone want to weigh-in on this?
Hi MRGDS

linked to your above posts including this comment from your post this arvo stating “Have just had confirmation from TD, that he and SH are indeed together in Sydney presenting to investors”

This got be thinking after your posts and posts from others later this arvo but from a different angle given purely TD informed you that were presenting to “investors”. Could Sean and TD have been talking to institutional investors to potentially invest in BRN from a capital funding raise due to a potential longer runway before solid revenue starts truly covering quarterly 4C costs with staff etc launching AKIDA ? This may also be due to remaining LDA funding may not be enough to support BRN current position with staff etc $$$ burn rate so may be considering a SP discount to initially pitch to institutional investors and then maybe retail investors etc as required to buy in to BRN on a discount to current SP ? Obviously existing retail investors wouldn’t like this as SP would most likely drop further to discounted SP for atleast a little while. I know couple of other companies on ASX in recent times doing the same to shore up the cash reserves due to expected / unexpected delays etc. I know of one company that has since rebounded back nearly 2.5 times the discounted offer price in the past few months to current SP. Happy to name the company if someone calls BS. Lol. It is a gold mining company

I know some may react quite strongly for and against my comments above with WTF, burning bin gifs etc.
Some may already have me on ignore without naming some founding members so will miss my post. Again lol

Just to confirm that I’m a committed BRN investor and wish all the best for the future on their investment in BRN.

Cheers
The Pope

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Top Bottom