BRN Discussion Ongoing

Excellent list Fact Finder.

I want to point out that some of the relationships you have provided on that list are still verifiable engagements from those entities themselves:

Intel Foundry Services - Listed as an IP partner for which Intel can manufacture chips with said IP.
NVISO AI - Nuero SDKs and Models for gesture recognition.
Edge Impulse - Akida support on their development platform.
MegaChips - Using Akida as the "Intuitive UI Subsystem" for their Image Processing solution.

There are probably more that can be found on this list, but some, like Renesas, are pretty tight-lipped about which products contain the actual IP. I suppose most of these relationships are enablers and suppliers, not producing a product that will go directly to the consumer market but through their customers using the integrated IP.

Instead of creating this one cool product, or even a dedicated chip using their technology, BrainChip has gone the route of saturating the ground with their technology, providing educators with the course material to learn how it works and how to use it, and targeting suppliers high up in the chain to ensure maximum breadth of distribution in future products from several different manufacturers.

The innovations about to be released with the next generation of Akida seem to be driven by customers whose products are a perfect fit and will hopefully yield new IP agreements. I want to reiterate that this does not indicate that the first generation of Akida was a flop by any means.

BrainChip acknowledged that there are potential customers whose existing CNN solutions were "good enough" and, unless they were designing entirely new products, cannot justify the R&D dollars to redesign existing solutions. Edge applications that will benefit from the low-power and high-performance solutions that 1st generation Akida IP offers. Many inferencing and device personalization solutions do not require the power of the next generation of Akida IP.
Hi JD
Your post brought me here much sooner than I anticipated but so be it. The following I believe destroys any ill-conceived notion that those you are addressing might attempt to promulgate that AKD1000 was a failure. If it was a failure then Brainchip would not exist as it is built from the same neural fabric which is the underpinnings of all AKIDA technology.
Kind regards
Fact Finder.

MY QUESTION:
"Hi Tony - 26.4.23
I perhaps jumped the gun on one part of my criticisms having received an email this morning advertising the podcast.
As a result of the answer Sean gave regarding the AKIDA 2nd Gen the manipulators have been out in force relying upon his answer to claim AKD1000 has been a dud.
I am not concerned about this but perhaps this is something to keep in mind for further presentations.
After all AKD1000 achieved the only IP sales in the history of Brainchip to Renesas and MegaChips not to mention the EAP customer engagements.
One clarification I have is around the neural fabric used in AKD1000, AKD1500 and AKIDA 2nd Gen.
My understanding was/is that the neural fabric was/is the same across all three. Is this correct?
If so then essentially the only difference is the additions to or the takeaways from, such as removing the CPU from AKD1500?

Also I have assumed that this being the case it is open to potential customers to purchase more or less nodes of AKD1500 and AKIDA 2nd Gen as Renesas did of AKD1000?
Regards
FF

THE ANSWER:

Tony Dawe <tdawe@brainchip.com>​

Wed, Apr 26, 12:58 PM
to me
Hi .....,

I referred your question on technology to Peter van der Made.

Peter has replied below.

“The neural fabric is the same across all three chips, with minor modifications to allow for new functions. The AI market is a fast moving field, with new network technologies that appear every few months. We cannot afford to stand still. We are aiming the 2nd generation of Akida ahead of a moving target.

We took away the CPU from the AKD1500 to provide clients with a neuromorphic processor that is smaller and has a lower power consumption. This was the result of customer interactions because MCUs have their own CPU. The onboard CPU in AKD1000 makes sense for a stand-alone chip. Our IP is integrated within an MCU, so they do not need the CPU.

The AKD1000 is not superseded and remains part of our offering as a single-chip solution.”

I hope Peter’s response addresses your question.

Regards

Tony Dawe
Director, Global Investor Relations

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 141 users

Kozikan

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Kozikan

Regular
Hi JD
Your post brought me here much sooner than I anticipated but so be it. The following I believe destroys any ill-conceived notion that those you are addressing might attempt to promulgate that AKD1000 was a failure. If it was a failure then Brainchip would not exist as it is built from the same neural fabric which is the underpinnings of all AKIDA technology.
Kind regards
Fact Finder.

MY QUESTION:
"Hi Tony - 26.4.23
I perhaps jumped the gun on one part of my criticisms having received an email this morning advertising the podcast.
As a result of the answer Sean gave regarding the AKIDA 2nd Gen the manipulators have been out in force relying upon his answer to claim AKD1000 has been a dud.
I am not concerned about this but perhaps this is something to keep in mind for further presentations.
After all AKD1000 achieved the only IP sales in the history of Brainchip to Renesas and MegaChips not to mention the EAP customer engagements.
One clarification I have is around the neural fabric used in AKD1000, AKD1500 and AKIDA 2nd Gen.
My understanding was/is that the neural fabric was/is the same across all three. Is this correct?
If so then essentially the only difference is the additions to or the takeaways from, such as removing the CPU from AKD1500?

Also I have assumed that this being the case it is open to potential customers to purchase more or less nodes of AKD1500 and AKIDA 2nd Gen as Renesas did of AKD1000?
Regards
FF

THE ANSWER:

to me
Hi .....,

Peter has replied below.

“The neural fabric is the same across all three chips, with minor modifications to allow for new functions. The AI market is a fast moving field, with new network technologies that appear every few months. We cannot afford to stand still. We are aiming the 2nd generation of Akida ahead of a moving target.

We took away the CPU from the AKD1500 to provide clients with a neuromorphic processor that is smaller and has a lower power consumption. This was the result of customer interactions because MCUs have their own CPU. The onboard CPU in AKD1000 makes sense for a stand-alone chip. Our IP is integrated within an MCU, so they do not need the CPU.

The AKD1000 is not superseded and remains part of our offering as a single-chip solution.”

Regards

Tony Dawe
Again “How you doin”
👋

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
S

Straw

20230718_173114.jpg
This is a grass tree that a random client brought in and didnt want in their garden anymore and would have thrown out otherwise -crazy! (was a cultivated specimen, not taken from the bush). It had a tiny root system the size of a 6" pot and was so full of spent shoots you couldn't see any green (like a dead cousin it). It had been in this spot for at least a year, so the other day I had a bit of a look underneath (two wheelbarrows worth of trimmings). All I could think of when I found it thriving from multiple points under the surface was a certain company. They are great little homes for skinks and geckos and the like so will leave it largely to do its own thing now. A nice healthy, long lived ecosystem.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Hi JD
Kind regards
Fact Finder.

MY QUESTION:
"Hi Tony - 26.4.23

Regards
FF

THE ANSWER:

to me
Hi .....,

Peter has replied below.

Regards

Tony Dawe
Great to see you are "Not back" yet FF :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::love::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Frangipani

Regular

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Fox151

Regular
I wonder if Mickleboro has another career lined up, or is he being paid enough to retire, because, I suspect his journalistic/financial credibility may be impaired when BrainChip launches.
He could always try taking up journalism?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Here's a mountain of iceberg lettuces. Will that help?

View attachment 40485

PS: I'm a bit worried that Fact Finder's post might break the internet like Kim Kardashian's tooshie did!
Let us not get caraway and mangle my penny's worth or you'll be sorrell and turnip in the pea soup.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

rgupta

Regular
I am not back, but may post again, if I think the issue is of sufficient interest to genuine shareholders.

I have over many weeks been engaged in the process of putting together a list of Brainchip engagements based upon my own criteria that the company concerned has:
  • been announced on the ASX by Brainchip, and/or
  • been announced by use of a Press Release from Brainchip, and/or
  • been acknowledged by an employee or Board member of Brainchip orally in a presentation that forms some type of permanent public record and/or
  • been acknowledged by the company concerned in again some type of permanent public record and this has been adopted by Brainchip in a written communication or other permanent public record, and/or
  • been formerly included on the Brainchip website
Why did I adopt this approach? For one very simple reason. I did not want a situation where my list contained a company which might be the subject of absolute secrecy. To maintain this secrecy Brainchip’s likely response would have been to ignore my request completely.

So reproduced below is my request and the two replies I received from Mr. Tony Dawe Director Global Investor Relations at Brainchip.

The request (27.6.23):

Dear Mr. Dawe

The following is a list of entities which Brainchip has by various means communicated they have had some form of engagement.

As we are about to enter the new financial year with a recession being predicted, an extremely low share price and claims in the media that Brainchip has lost out to Nvidia in the race to the Edge would you please confirm if any of these relationships should no longer be considered as a focus of interest for shareholders:

1. FORD

2. VALEO

3. RENESAS

4. NASA

5. TATA Consulting Services

6. MEGACHIPS

7. MOSCHIP

8. SOCIONEXT

9. PROPHESEE

10. VVDN

11. TEKSUN

12. Ai LABS

13. NVISO

14. EMOTION 3D

15. ARM

16. EDGE IMPULSE

17. INTEL

18. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES

19. BLUE RIDGE ENVISIONEERING

20. MERCEDES BENZ

21. ANT 61

22. QUANTUM VENTURA

23. INFORMATION SYSTEM LABORATORIES

24. INTELLISENSE SYSTEMS

25. CVEDIA

26. LORSER INDUSTRIES

27. SiFIVE

28. IPRO

29. SALESLINK

30. NUMEN

31. VORAGO

32. NANOSE

33. BIOTOME

34. OCULI

35. University of Oklahoma

36. Arizona State University

37. Carnegie Mellon University

38. Rochester Institute of Technology

39. Drexel University

Kind regards
Fact Finder

The first response
(3.7.23):

Hi ……,

Thank you for your email.

I have referred your email to my colleagues in the US to ensure when I responded to you I did so with accurate information.

I have not yet received a reply from Ken Scarince as he was away on his annual vacation last week.

When I have his reply, I will respond directly to your email.

Regards

Tony Dawe

+61 (0)405 989 743

The final response received
(18.7.23):

“Hi …..,

To the best of my knowledge, BrainChip continues to have relationships with all the companies mentioned on your list.

As I have previously stated, BrainChip does not comment on the nature of these relationships nor do we provide status reports.

Regards

Tony Dawe Director, Global Investor Relations

+61 (0)405 989 743”

As my request predated the reveal of IniVation as a partner by Nadan Nayampally Chief Marketing Officer and the latest press release regarding GMAC Intelligence it already is out of date such is the speed of progress being made by Brainchip. I do however believe that the very recent nature of the announcements should not require any further confirmation and I would therefore confidently add:

40. IniVation

41. GMAC Intelligence

The bottom line for any genuine shareholder in Brainchip is that speculation as to which companies Brainchip is engaged with should not include these 41. named entities as they are not in doubt.

Kind regards

Fact Finder
Welcome back FF (hopefully) you can contribute more.
I feel magik eye can be added or deleted as well
Thanks

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Hi JD
Kind regards
Fact Finder.

MY QUESTION:
"Hi Tony - 26.4.23

Regards
FF

THE ANSWER:

to me
Hi .....,

Peter has replied below.

Regards

Tony Dawe
That's what my discussion with Peter was about at the back end of 2022 ... Peter was very adamant that AKD1000 "Will not be superseded" with the introduction of the new 'Akida Family chips' they all have their own uses for different applications! ......AKD1000 is not a dud!!!!! it is actually the 'first born' of the AKD family and was the chip that started this 'Revolutionising Technology'

Have a great weekend Chippers ....🍷🍷🍷

1689930704068.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 65 users

Wags

Regular
@Fact Finder @Neuromorphia
Very generous to share this information, and what a memory rush it is.. Double thumbs up to you both ! (as well as everybody's shared info and research).
Enjoy the weekend all, cheers

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users

manny100

Regular
I am not back, but may post again, if I think the issue is of sufficient interest to genuine shareholders.

I have over many weeks been engaged in the process of putting together a list of Brainchip engagements based upon my own criteria that the company concerned has:
  • been acknowledged by an employee or Board member of Brainchip orally in a presentation that forms some type of permanent public record and/or
  • been acknowledged by the company concerned in again some type of permanent public record and this has been adopted by Brainchip in a written communication or other permanent public record, and/or
Why did I adopt this approach? For one very simple reason. I did not want a situation where my list contained a company which might be the subject of absolute secrecy. To maintain this secrecy Brainchip’s likely response would have been to ignore my request completely.

So reproduced below is my request and the two replies I received from Mr. Tony Dawe Director Global Investor Relations at Brainchip.

The request (27.6.23):

Dear Mr. Dawe

The following is a list of entities which Brainchip has by various means communicated they have had some form of engagement.

As we are about to enter the new financial year with a recession being predicted, an extremely low share price and claims in the media that Brainchip has lost out to Nvidia in the race to the Edge would you please confirm if any of these relationships should no longer be considered as a focus of interest for shareholders:

1. FORD

2. VALEO

3. RENESAS

4. NASA

6. MEGACHIPS

7. MOSCHIP

8. SOCIONEXT

9. PROPHESEE

10. VVDN

11. TEKSUN

12. Ai LABS

13. NVISO

14. EMOTION 3D

15. ARM

16. EDGE IMPULSE

17. INTEL

18. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES

20. MERCEDES BENZ

21. ANT 61

22. QUANTUM VENTURA

24. INTELLISENSE SYSTEMS

25. CVEDIA

26. LORSER INDUSTRIES

27. SiFIVE

28. IPRO

29. SALESLINK

30. NUMEN

31. VORAGO

32. NANOSE

33. BIOTOME

34. OCULI

39. Drexel University

Kind regards
Fact Finder

The first response
(3.7.23):

Hi ……,

I have referred your email to my colleagues in the US to ensure when I responded to you I did so with accurate information.

I have not yet received a reply from Ken Scarince as he was away on his annual vacation last week.

Regards

Tony Dawe

+61 (0)405 989 743

(18.7.23):

“Hi …..,

To the best of my knowledge, BrainChip continues to have relationships with all the companies mentioned on your list.

As I have previously stated, BrainChip does not comment on the nature of these relationships nor do we provide status reports.

Regards

+61 (0)405 989 743”

As my request predated the reveal of IniVation as a partner by Nadan Nayampally Chief Marketing Officer and the latest press release regarding GMAC Intelligence it already is out of date such is the speed of progress being made by Brainchip. I do however believe that the very recent nature of the announcements should not require any further confirmation and I would therefore confidently add:

40. IniVation

41. GMAC Intelligence

The bottom line for any genuine shareholder in Brainchip is that speculation as to which companies Brainchip is engaged with should not include these 41. named entities as they are not in doubt.

Kind regards

Fact Finder
According to the Investor Presentations in April'23 conducted by Sean BRN is miles ahead of NVIDIA and other competition.
He presented a couple of slides of Competition Analysis.
See video video below. Around 20 minute mark.

Attachments

• BRN COMPETITORS.pdf
    650.1 KB · Views: 177
  • BrainChip Comparison.pdf
    470.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Tothemoon24

Regular

Mobileye Launches the First Camera-Only Intelligent Speed Assist to Meet New EU Standards​

TECHNOLOGYNEWS
By Business Wire On Jul 20, 2023

Mobileye has introduced the world’s first vision-only Intelligent Speed Assist (ISA) solution for automakers, following testing and certification across Europe. The camera-only solution, launching in production vehicles this year, helps global automakers meet new European Union (EU) General Safety Regulation (GSR) standards requiring automatic sensing of speed limits in all new vehicle models, without the need to rely on third-party map and GPS data.
AiThority Interview Insights: How to Get Started with Prompt Engineering in Generative AI Projects
“This is a major accomplishment for Mobileye, because we’ve proven to the industry not only that achieving GSR-compatible vision-only ISA is possible, but also that it performs better than traditional map-based solutions”
The new software, designed for Mobileye’s EyeQ platform, has been certified for use in all 27 EU countries as well as Israel, Norway, Switzerland, and Turkey. The EyeQ4 and EyeQ6-based ISA system allows OEMs whose vehicles already integrate these chips to meet the new standards merely by updating the EyeQ’s existing software, without any new hardware requirements.
The Mobileye ISA system is expected to be integrated by a major global auto group into two vehicle brands for models going on sale in Europe later this year, with three other global automakers following close behind in 2024 and beyond.
“This is a major accomplishment for Mobileye, because we’ve proven to the industry not only that achieving GSR-compatible vision-only ISA is possible, but also that it performs better than traditional map-based solutions,” said Dr. Gaby Hayon, Executive Vice President of Research and Development at Mobileye.
The certified solution, resulting from more than two years of work building on Mobileye’s two decades of experience in computer vision and machine learning, is the industry’s first of its kind. Current alternatives rely on a combination of cameras and low-resolution maps to meet the EU standards, a solution that typically brings higher cost with complexity and integration efforts, while providing less reliable performance.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 28 users

Cgc516

Regular

The request (27.6.23):

Dear Mr. Dawe

1. FORD

2. VALEO

3. RENESAS

4. NASA

6. MEGACHIPS

7. MOSCHIP

8. SOCIONEXT

9. PROPHESEE

10. VVDN

11. TEKSUN

12. Ai LABS

13. NVISO

14. EMOTION 3D

15. ARM

16. EDGE IMPULSE

17. INTEL

18. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES

20. MERCEDES BENZ

21. ANT 61

22. QUANTUM VENTURA

24. INTELLISENSE SYSTEMS

25. CVEDIA

26. LORSER INDUSTRIES

27. SiFIVE

28. IPRO

29. SALESLINK

30. NUMEN

31. VORAGO

32. NANOSE

33. BIOTOME

34. OCULI

39. Drexel University

Kind regards
Fact Finder

The first response
(3.7.23):

Hi ……,

Regards

Tony Dawe

+61 (0)405 989 743

(18.7.23):

“Hi …..,

Regards

+61 (0)405 989 743”

40. IniVation

41. GMAC Intelligence

Kind regards

Fact Finder
This is the best moment for me to read your post again! Appreciate all your contribution.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Hi all,

I can’t keep up if this has been posted before. I did see a comment from Chipmunk on a Brainchip article but although this a day old it is new to me and Rob T liked it. It’s now Chipmunk posting about Brainchip so hopefully they’re more than just friends. Too early to put on the list!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

HUSS

Regular

The request (27.6.23):

Dear Mr. Dawe

1. FORD

2. VALEO

3. RENESAS

4. NASA

6. MEGACHIPS

7. MOSCHIP

8. SOCIONEXT

9. PROPHESEE

10. VVDN

11. TEKSUN

12. Ai LABS

13. NVISO

14. EMOTION 3D

15. ARM

16. EDGE IMPULSE

17. INTEL

18. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES

20. MERCEDES BENZ

21. ANT 61

22. QUANTUM VENTURA

24. INTELLISENSE SYSTEMS

25. CVEDIA

26. LORSER INDUSTRIES

27. SiFIVE

28. IPRO

29. SALESLINK

30. NUMEN

31. VORAGO

32. NANOSE

33. BIOTOME

34. OCULI

39. Drexel University

Kind regards
Fact Finder

The first response
(3.7.23):

Hi ……,

Regards

Tony Dawe

+61 (0)405 989 743

(18.7.23):

“Hi …..,

Regards

+61 (0)405 989 743”

40. IniVation

41. GMAC Intelligence

Kind regards

Fact Finder
Legend as always FF.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Worker122

Regular
Hi JD
Kind regards
Fact Finder.

MY QUESTION:
"Hi Tony - 26.4.23

Regards
FF

THE ANSWER:

to me
Hi .....,

Peter has replied below.

Regards

Tony Dawe
Great to hear from you again FF.
Two impressive, and on point posts. You have been working hard behind the scenes. Thanks.

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
How nice is it to read intelligence post to close out Friday.

And these intelligence post had once again confirmed, the importance of Akida 1000.

And thanks to the commercial release of Akida 1000, where Brainchip's ecosystem has grown to 41 partnerships. Without the released of Akida 1000, Brainchip would just be a research company.

I do understand there are only two IP licenses. However, I believe partnerships will be more fruitful in the future than IP sales. Its take 2-5 years for fruit tree to bear fruits, And when one tree starting bear fruits, the other will follow suit. (Just my 2 cent)

Learning 🌱🌴🍎🍇🥑

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users
Top Bottom