BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
But did your gnu knew or get advance warning that I almost always usually aim for absolute total abstinence of completely and utterly tautologically redundant superfluous phrases?
I know no gnu knew.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Experts from Forbes interview CEO Aart de Geus from Synopsys.

Screen Shot 2023-06-03 at 3.33.41 pm.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-03 at 3.33.10 pm.png

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Bravo

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

So that's another possibly 1.2 million shares available to borrow, for those wanting to bet against BrainChip's success?..

Or are they just betting against market confidence?

Can BrainChip the Company, succeed, in less than ideal market conditions?..

It seems there is an inverse relationship, in shorting BrainChip in particular, in that the more recognition the Company receives, the more "we" see our Company derisked and the size of the opportunities to us becomes clearer, the size of the short position betting against us succeeding increases..

Now comfortably(?) sitting above 117 million borrowed shares, that will need to be all bought back at some stage..

We must be all missing something 🤔...

Or are there really, that many WANCAs out there?
People like David Koch (any idea why he prefers the nickname Koshi 🤔..) who can't even pronounce the word "Neww rohh morrphick"..

Exciting times ahead, for those who are awake 👍
David Koch is being replaced on Sunrise by a new host, Matt Shirvington. Maye we could get in quick and send Shirvo some information on BrainChip and some underpants with our logo on them.

From this ...

iMarkup_20230522_175530.jpg

To this...

Screen Shot 2023-06-03 at 3.55.55 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Adam

Regular
But did your gnu knew or get advance warning that I almost always usually aim for absolute total abstinence of completely and utterly tautologically redundant superfluous phrases?
Wasn't superfluous the Greek god of colds?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Dang Son

Regular
People ask
What does BrainChip holdings do?
BrainChip Inc. is a leading provider of neuromorphic computing solutions
So, one must assume Brain Chip has been providing neuromorphic solutions to its many associates.
While BRN is still a fledgling with next to no income, eating its head off at a cost to Shareholder as dilution and share price manipulation and many year kept in the dark with livelihood curtailed .
I feel as though the 100+ NDA's and the many large partners are riding on our back for free AI solutions without pay so much as our staffs time, could there be advantage to our big time friends starviving us.
Why are our engineering staff and associated costs not being met?
Or if there's no billable work being done what is everyone at BRN doing with their time every day?
What kind of CEO allows all cost of providing partners AI solutions be worn by his Shareholders?
Ai is being debated lately on the world stage but not a peep from our Scientific Advisory Board
This week AI is apparently booming but as for us.... nothing but Crickets.
I'm becoming more impatient and concerned here the longer this dismal price action continues .
How can our impressive BOD make launching Akida look so difficult?
It's depressing me because there's so much new Ai on the market that isn't ours and we seem to be wasting away our market lead.

Questions I wish i had asked at AGM,
Without breach of NDA's,
Is there any confirmed cases for utilizing our IP?
Or are there any players with absolute intent to utilizing our IP if AKD1.5 measures up to expectations?
Show us the Money !!!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Bravo

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
David Koch is being replaced on Sunrise by a new host, Matt Shirvington. Maye we could get in quick and send Shirvo some information on BrainChip and some underpants with our logo on them.

From this ...

View attachment 37654

To this...

View attachment 37655
If my memory serves me correctly he won that race by a good length

• Haha
  • Fire

From this ...

View attachment 37654

To this...

View attachment 37655
Well his Koch is definitely not on his head..

Not sure that's a marketing strategy that BrainChip would want to pursue..

The T-shirts were a winner though (all large companies have promotional merchandise, it's not a joke..)

I even have an idea for one, which I've spoken to Tony about..
Haven't got around to getting it out of my head yet though 🙄..

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Well his Koch is definitely not on his head..

Not sure that's a marketing strategy that BrainChip would want to pursue..

The T-shirts were a winner though (all large companies have promotional merchandise, it's not a joke..)

I even have an idea for one, which I've spoken to Tony about..
Haven't got around to getting it out of my head yet though 🙄..
I imagine it goes something like this.........

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Can this be considered an example of “one-shot” learning?

3985A505-2A9E-43FB-82FC-C1C8749132A8.jpeg

1685780737764.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 51 users

TECH

Regular
Anyone who attended the AGM in person or via the web, as I did, had a very fair opportunity to ask their question/s.
Some were lumped together by the receiver, but you were offered the opportunity to email the company after the AGM
if your specific question wasn't or hasn't been addressed to your satisfaction. Do it, addressing the individual you most want
a response from.

Antonio gave an excellent explanation of the variety of issues that we face in regards to our early position within the design
cycle, basically stretching out 3 years beyond our initial engagement. It's a process that's totally out of our control, as frustrating
as that is, without even knowing if Akida will end up in a viable commercial product.

Tech (y)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

charles2

Regular
People ask
What does BrainChip holdings do?
BrainChip Inc. is a leading provider of neuromorphic computing solutions
So, one must assume Brain Chip has been providing neuromorphic solutions to its many associates.
While BRN is still a fledgling with next to no income, eating its head off at a cost to Shareholder as dilution and share price manipulation and many year kept in the dark with livelihood curtailed .
I feel as though the 100+ NDA's and the many large partners are riding on our back for free AI solutions without pay so much as our staffs time, could there be advantage to our big time friends starviving us.
Why are our engineering staff and associated costs not being met?
Or if there's no billable work being done what is everyone at BRN doing with their time every day?
What kind of CEO allows all cost of providing partners AI solutions be worn by his Shareholders?
Ai is being debated lately on the world stage but not a peep from our Scientific Advisory Board
This week AI is apparently booming but as for us.... nothing but Crickets.
I'm becoming more impatient and concerned here the longer this dismal price action continues .
How can our impressive BOD make launching Akida look so difficult?
It's depressing me because there's so much new Ai on the market that isn't ours and we seem to be wasting away our market lead.

Questions I wish i had asked at AGM,
Without breach of NDA's,
Is there any confirmed cases for utilizing our IP?
Or are there any players with absolute intent to utilizing our IP if AKD1.5 measures up to expectations?
Show us the Money !!!
Maybe you would like to put these questions in an email to Tony Dawes?

Can't think of a more pertinent question. Costco can provide free samples but their funding is unlimited compared to ours.

When do the freebies end?

BrainChip...weigh in.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users

Frangipani

Regular
Today, I stumbled across a German company called Dryad and its solar-powered ‘ultra-early’ wildfire detection sensor technology, which they are promoting as a “paradigm shift in approach to wildfire management”. It is currently being tested by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE).

https://www.dryad.net/whitepaper-2023
Apr 4

CAL FIRE pilots Dryad Networks’ ‘ultra-early’ wildfire sensors ahead of next fire season​

US Federal department looks specifically at sensor technology for first time, marking paradigm shift in approach to wildfire management
Dryad Networks is ramping up the manufacturing of its ‘detection within minutes’ wireless sensor, from 10,000 units sold in 2022 to 230,000 by the end of the year, to be ready to deploy at scale

The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) is piloting German environmental start-up Dryad Networks’ ‘ultra-early’ wildfire detection technology to improve fire detection speeds, after severe wildfire seasons across the US saw, in 2022 alone, nearly 70,000 wildfires reported and 7.5 million acres burnt.
CAL FIRE, which is at the frontline of wildfire management in California, is trialling 400 of Dryad’s sensors in Jackson Demonstration State Forest. The pilot aims to show how sensor technology can support the Department by detecting wildfires much faster, subsequently reducing their destruction and the cost of firefighting resources needed to extinguish a blaze.
Wildfire detection methods have remained largely unchanged for decades, with most forested areas relying on human sightings, camera or satellite technology, which can only detect a fire when it’s visible above the canopy and already out of control. The adoption of new ‘ultra-early’ detection technology can reduce wildfire detection times from several hours to a matter of minutes, making it possible for firefighters to get to a fire when it is still easy to put out.
The pilot scheme comes at a pivotal moment in the approach to wildfire management in the US, with the United States Department of Agriculture specifically including sensor technology for the first time in its recently published Request for Information (RFI) for wildfire and land management. The RFI highlighted the challenges associated with keeping communities safe and more resilient to the impacts of climate change and demonstrates the urgent need to develop innovative new approaches to wildfire detection.

Not only can sensor technology detect wildfires much faster, but it can also provide their precise location and utilise trained ‘AI’ noses to distinguish between the different fuels that ignite them. With growing interest in its sensor and network technology, Dryad is ramping up the manufacturing of its wireless sensors, moving from 10,000 units sold in 2022 to producing up to 230,000 by the end of the year, to be ready to deploy sensors worldwide and at scale.

Dryad’s customers already include a number of municipalities, private forest owners and utility companies around the world. The company also has agreements with 30 resellers across Europe, the Americas and Asia, including working partnerships with Bosch, STIHL, and Vodafone Global, to bring the benefits of the technology to an even larger customer base.

Carsten Brinkschulte, CEO and Co-founder of Dryad Networks: “We’ve seen incredible commercial traction since developing our market-first sensor technology two years ago. On top of our pilot scheme with CAL FIRE, we’re also working with the City of Eberswalde, Germany, and currently have 25 taking place in America, Europe, Canada, and Asia.”

When it comes to wildfires, the message we’re getting over and over again is that timing is everything. The market is in desperate need of rapidly deployable, low-cost, low-power wireless sensors that can detect wildfires in minutes. To meet this need, we’re investing in scaling up the production of our sensors so that we’re ready to fulfil orders

47d9ad_8c5da0c196cf4b98b073aa3311545ad5~mv2.jpg

Our goal by 2030 is to deploy 120 million sensors around the world, putting us on track to save approximately 3.9m hectares of forest and prevent 1.7bn tons of CO2 emissions. These are ambitious goals but not fantasy numbers – we believe that this scale is achievable and that we will be able to fulfil our mission to have a significant impact in the fight against climate change. Only with the wide-scale rollout of sensor technology can we really get a handle on wildfires.”

The immediate and devastating impact of wildfires is easily seen, but the true cost of wildfire is often hidden. These impacts are outlined in Dryad’s whitepaper, entitled “What lies beneath: the hidden truth about wildfire”, which is available for download here.

Recent Posts
See All

Dryad Networks Wins Innovation World Cup at Hannover Messe

———————————————————————————————————

A forum search came up with both @Sirod69 and @Gman referring to this company last year, and a number of posters wondering about a possible connection between Brainchip and the “Bosch BME688 digital low power gas pressure temperature & humidity sensor with AI“, released in July 2022, which is an integral part of the Dryad device.

Others also mentioned the partnership of MegaChips and Bosch, and someone commented on Rob Telson’s “like” when the Bosch BME688 gas sensor was first released. Well, we know he likes plenty of posts by other companies that are not necessarily partners or customers of Brainchip, either because he is a genuinely friendly guy and/or because he wants other companies to notice Brainchip and hopefully strike a deal with them one day.

Given the meagre revenue in the last 4C and putting aside the argument that revenue might not come directly, but through MegaChips, let’s err on the side of caution and assume the AI in the original Bosch BME688 was not Akida.
But could there possibly be a future upgraded version with Akida inside?
Or what about that ultra-low-power air quality sensor? (Do I get this right that there are two different sensors involved? Or is it a single sensor with both an air quality and a gas sensing mode, the latter being triggered once a certain threshold has been reached? I know embarrassingly next to nothing about sensors, I’m afraid… 🤔)

What I find intriguing is the following information taken from the Dryad website‘s FAQ section:

How do Silvanet’s sensors get power deep in the forest?
Our sensors have been extensively tested to ensure that their integrated solar panels can meet their energy needs, even in shaded forest locations. To maximize the energy efficiency of our Wildfire Sensors, we use a two-phase detection system which relies on ultra-low-power air quality sensing for the most part, triggering very accurate gas sensing when the air quality sensing mode suspects a fire. This way, Dryad combines the advantages of the air quality sensor (extremely low energy consumption) with the advantages of the gas sensor (minimizing alarms) while at the same time compensating for the disadvantages of both.

Is Dryad involved solely in wildfire detection?​

While our initial focus at Dryad is wildfire detection, the Bosch BME688 sensors used in Silvanet sensor devices also collect environmental data such as temperature, humidity and air pressure which is periodically sent to the Silvanet Cloud, allowing forest owners to better understand the microclimate of the forest and its influence and development of the forest heath over time.

Further planned use-cases involve sensors that can detect chainsaw noise to help prevent illegal logging.

It’s not just about forests either, our technology can also be applied to other ecosystems including lakes, rivers and oceans. At Dryad, we have ambitious plans to connect the natural world and protect our plane
t.

Sensors that can detect chainsaw noise to help prevent illegal logging??? Great idea!
I only hope they are looking at the right company for their future planned use cases! Just a gentle reminder:
1685819610295-png.37669

The good thing is, they seem to be open-minded regarding collaborations:

7D6A845F-8728-4A15-86E9-7E38991F88F4.jpeg

Then again, the following paragraph in their FAQ section makes it clear that there is no on-device learning involved, which as we know is a trademark of Akida. However, this may not actually be needed here, as explained.

How can these sensors detect the fire? How can they know it’s a real fire but not just a burning cigarette?​

The built-in artificial intelligence (AI) of the sensors is continually trained for the specific ‘smell’ of the target forest on fire. Our customers collect samples from the forest floor and send them to Germany so that we can train our AI in the lab. Over time, we will collect more and more samples from typical forests in the different parts of the world and will eventually no longer have to train the AI for new deployments as there is only a finite amount of forest types. We expect this to be the case within the first two years of operation.

Doing so allows our Silvanet system to be continuously evolving and improving and greatly minimizes any risks of false positives within the platform.

———————————————————————————————————-

Six weeks ago, at Hannover Messe, Dryad won the EBV Innovation Hero 2023, a special prize awarded to groundbreaking European techpreneurs.

No matter whether or not Brainchip is involved, I wish this start-up the best of luck - I love companies that are trying to make the world a better place by developing solutions for real-world problems. This being an ASX stock forum, with TSE posters predominantly living in Australia, wildfires sadly are a very real threat to many of you. Hopefully this groundbreaking technology can help to fight them early on.

P.S.: The company’s name may also be a wordplay on the English word “dry” (> wildfire), but according to their mission statement it is actually an allusion to Greek mythology: “In Greek mythology, dryads are tree spirits living in symbiotic relationship with their hosts. Our artificial 'Dryads' monitor, analyze and protect forests using cutting-edge technology.”
How lovely!

Attachments

• 1685819610295.png
    1685819610295.png
    310.4 KB · Views: 738
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 56 users

GStocks123

Regular

Attachments

• 70EA7790-81CF-4CE3-8492-43BC3C9A79B5.png
    70EA7790-81CF-4CE3-8492-43BC3C9A79B5.png
    668 KB · Views: 77
  • 02651CB0-1BF6-473C-8DE0-262B28BBF088.png
    02651CB0-1BF6-473C-8DE0-262B28BBF088.png
    647.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
BrainChip mentioned in an article/post with high level of engagement/reposts

View attachment 37675

View attachment 37674

This is a huge find TLS.
Thank you.
Open AI are spruiking the benefits that Brainchip have to offer. Wow.
For those that haven't read the whole article here is the full paragraph leading into TLS's find and the importance of a couple of Brainchips key benefits.

Bridging the gap between foundational models and their real-world applications, edge computing emerges as a potent platform for deploying these models, driving AI innovation to new frontiers. Earlier this year, Qualcomm AI Research successfully deployed a popular 1B+ parameter foundation model (stable diffusion) on an edge device through full-stack AI optimization. Edge AI is becoming essential due to its capability for real-time data processing, improved privacy, and enhanced security. It is becoming increasingly significant across various verticals due to the proliferation of devices with numerous sensors producing vast amounts of data. The complexity and resource demands of foundational models pose deployment challenges on edge devices. To counter this, the focus will shift toward specialized hardware, optimization techniques, and neural processor architectures. Being able to run optimized versions of foundational models at the edge/on-device will open up endless possibilities. Recognizing these emerging requirements, BrainChip has stepped forward with innovative solutions like the Akida processor, an advanced neural processing system for edge AI. It’s important to understand and assess edge AI technology to overcome deployment challenges and explore new potentials.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 65 users
Top Bottom