BRN Discussion Ongoing

D

Deleted member 2799

I don't fully trust the whole thing yet... We will only see it with the next figures. Based on experience, we cannot expect news from BrainChip in the foreseeable future. As long as there are no figures or any mention of Akida in any form, in my opinion, it is still speculation.

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

Bloodsy

Regular
I want this to happen as much as anyone, but I and others beat ourselves into an excited frenzy then over the Qualcomm presenter saying ‘coming to smartphones soon’ and using video that showed what I assumed was OUR motion blur fixing technology.

So the current smartphones have Synsense tech and not ours. But I reckon Luca would love it to be our tech, and surely will be in the next rendition of smartphone released with Qualcomm and Prophesee.

@Dhm i agree that we should definitely be cautious in regards to things like this, like i said the jury is still out! and its just speculation based on the available facts

Im not sure where you're getting the info about synsense being in current smartphone tech?

In this case, im prepared for the worst (synsense), but hopeful for the best (brainchip).

Reactions: 4 users
I want this to happen as much as anyone, but I and others beat ourselves into an excited frenzy then over the Qualcomm presenter saying ‘coming to smartphones soon’ and using video that showed what I assumed was OUR motion blur fixing technology.

So the current smartphones have Synsense tech and not ours. But I reckon Luca would love it to be our tech, and surely will be in the next rendition of smartphone released with Qualcomm and Prophesee.
No the current phones do not have SynSense in them. SynSense have built a product using Prophesee’s sensor and are marketing it.

This is separate and discreet from everything else done by Prophesee.

You need to go back and read the original announcement covering SynSense and Prophesee.

It basically sounded like Prophesee said SynSense is going to try to build something and if they can we will help them market it.

There is nothing in that announcement to exclude further agreements being entered by Prophesee with Brainchip or that indicated Sony or Qualcomm were part of this discreet arrangement.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

Taproot

Regular

Why do you keep playing this down. ?
No one is talking about current smartphones
Qualcomm presentation didn't say this tech was available, he said it was coming ? , he didn't say when.

From the prophesee announcement about 6 hrs ago:
A development kit featuring compatibility with Prophesee sensor technologies is expected to be available this year.

From a reuters article published 3 hrs ago

Paris-based startup Prophesee, a maker of camera chips inspired by the way the human eye works, said on Monday it has signed a multi-year deal with Qualcomm Inc (QCOM.O) to be used with the smartphone technology giant's product.
Manufacturing of the chip will be outsourced to Sony Group Corp (6758.T). "So we are really combining both key players in the space," said Verre, referring to both Qualcomm and Sony, without disclosing financial terms of the deal.

Verre said the Prophesee chip will be used in addition to conventional camera chips in a blueprint for smartphones that will be released this week at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Mass production of the chips is planned for next year when they would be integrated into phones, he said.

The additional Prophesee chip will help correct some of the blurry imagery in existing smartphone camera systems, said Verre.

We have been rabbiting on about how Prophesee and Brainchip are a match made in heaven for years.
Long before Brainchip and Prophesee even got together officially.
I think you should allow yourself to continue beating yourself into a frenzy.
PS. This blurry image thing is something we should all be following very very closely !
IMHO ( Do your own research and do lots of it )

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I know this is a wide speculation and going to be wrong

As mentioned in the link ...."Prophesee’s neuromorphic Event-Based Metavision Sensors"
....They needed Akida1500 to work (for what they needed it for), hence we had to tape-out Akida1500 also so the other markets/customers can get their hands also on it so as not to upset anyone going forwards,

I am going to guess Brainchip maybe on the sensors and nothing else at the moment

Hi Aaronx,

Akida 1500 has a CNN2SNN front end. Akida handles the Prophesee spikes au naturel.

Luca has stated that their involvement with Akida is preliminary.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 8.2 has its own AI processor "Hexagon", so I would be surprised if Akida is included in this prophesee/Snapdragon collaboration.

I love surprises.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Diogenese

Top 20
This is awesome news - Neuromorphic being name dropped with QUALCOMM alone is good enough to increase interest! Also of interest

"Verre said the Prophesee chip will be used in addition to conventional camera chips in a blueprint for smartphones that will be released this week at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Mass production of the chips is planned for next year when they would be integrated into phones, he said."

So this week we hear about neuromorphic vision for smartphones which are being mass produced next year, with Prophesee who have said that akida completes their offering.

But no, prophesee wouldn't use their complete, optimised sensor for this would they.... lol

Bullish
Prophesee's DVS is referred to as "neuromorphic'' because it produces retina-like spikes.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

This richness of offerings at the processor level is a result of a dynamic vendor ecosystem focused on delivering trust and security to the edge IoT space, with myriad players from the embedded, mobile, and computing industries involved (see the table below), resulting in a highly competitive market.

Silicon IPMCUMPUAP/SoC/SoMCPU
Arm, Kameleon Security, Rambus, RISC-V, Secure-IC, ProvenRun, Intrinsic ID, Synopsys, SiFive, Cadence Design Systems, Cycuity, PUFsecurity, Silex InsightInfineon, Silicon Labs, NXP, Microchip, TI, Renesas, Espressif NXP, STMicroelectronics, Microchip, RenesasQualcomm, Samsung, NVIDIA, MediaTek, TI, Marvell, Montage Technology, Nordic SemiconductorAMD, Intel

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

VictorG

Embedded World 2023 will produce many great BRAINCHIP surprises, me thinkith!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

D13CC233-9527-4769-BF4B-256BC2A29B71.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Bravo

22nm
  • Renesas has deals with both Andes and SiFive and 22nm is where they're headed over the next few years.
  • In December 2022, Renesas announced they're working with a third party taping out a device on 22nm.
  • Four weeks ago, it was announced that BrainChip had achieved tape out of it AKD 1500 reference design. The tape-out was completed using GlobalFoundries’ 22nm fully depleted silicon-on-insulator (FD-SOI) technology.

Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 10.53.32.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 11.00.5.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 11.04.1.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 11.02.5.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 11.02.5.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 10.50.0.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 10.50.0.png
    214.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users

Bravo

• Nokia and Bosch are continuing their joint research in 6G, exploring the integration of sensing technologies in future 6G systems
  • Nokia and Bosch have begun conducting joint research in the next generation of networking, investigating how future 6G networks could be used for both communications and sensing when they are commercially available by the end of the decade.
  • While 5G has the potential to determine the location of devices connected to the network, 6G will have the ability to track the position of any object – whether connected or unconnected. This will allow 6G signals to function similarly to radar, giving users an awareness of their surroundings beyond their traditional senses.
  • In the next decade, 6G will be capable of sensing all objects in their coverage areas regardless of whether they contain active radios. We are creating networks that will endow humans with a digital 6th sense.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Bravo

Valeo Smart Fascias "with the combination of sensing systems". OK.

Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 11.40.11 am.png

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
22nm
  • Renesas has deals with both Andes and SiFive and 22nm is where they're headed over the next few years.
  • In December 2022, Renesas announced they're working with a third party taping out a device on 22nm.
  • Four weeks ago, it was announced that BrainChip had achieved tape out of it AKD 1500 reference design. The tape-out was completed using GlobalFoundries’ 22nm fully depleted silicon-on-insulator (FD-SOI) technology.

View attachment 30791

View attachment 30794

View attachment 30796

Thanks for the refresher Bravo,

"The other side is the embedded AI with DRP dynamically reconfigurable processor for vision solutions. That’s a feedforward neural network rather than a convolutional neural network (CNN), and it offers reasonable 0.5TOPS to 10TOPS at very low power compared to day the Nvidia or Intel equivalent. From my perspective RISC-V will evolve into that areas in the not too distant future."

“So that’s kind of the plan that we have, to evolve that into that landscape,” he said. “At the very low end, we have added an ARM M33 MCU and spiking neural network with BrainChip core licensed for selected applications – we have licensed what we need to license from BrainChip including the software to get the ball rolling.”

I know @Diogenese had mentioned a few time Renesas DPR-AI is their in-house AI. However, the 'feedforward neural network' is a function of Akida ?

I have also miss this, Renesas had also licensed 'the Software'

Learning 🏖

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 23 users

TECH

Regular
Hi Aaronx,

Akida 1500 has a CNN2SNN front end. Akida handles the Prophesee spikes au naturel.

Luca has stated that their involvement with Akida is preliminary.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 8.2 has its own AI processor "Hexagon", so I would be surprised if Akida is included in this prophesee/Snapdragon collaboration.

I love surprises.

Dio,

That sums up the current situation beautifully.

I personally think it's still too early to be linking Brainchip with anything, science fiction or not.

But I do like it when the words "smartphones" and "neuromorphic" are intertwined, that's something we haven't seen stated in
news articles that I can remember in the last few years.

Signed IP Licenses are what is currently required, lets stay focused on that, but great research is just that, great, and appreciated by those
whom are time poor, or just plain lazy.

Hot week in Perth, hope the weather is cooler in your neck of the woods.

Regards Tech (y)

• Fire
Reactions: 46 users
No the current phones do not have SynSense in them. SynSense have built a product using Prophesee’s sensor and are marketing it.

This is separate and discreet from everything else done by Prophesee.

You need to go back and read the original announcement covering SynSense and Prophesee.

It basically sounded like Prophesee said SynSense is going to try to build something and if they can we will help them market it.

There is nothing in that announcement to exclude further agreements being entered by Prophesee with Brainchip or that indicated Sony or Qualcomm were part of this discreet arrangement.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
This is the relevant paragraph from the original announcement:

“The combined vision processing solution will be co-marketed by both companies and commercialized by SynSense for addressing IoT and Smart Home detection and gesture control applications.”

If you can be bothered the article also points out SynSense is CNN based so compromises the potential of Prophesee’s vision sensor as it has to convert the spikes to process it is not like AKIDA.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users
Yeah funny that 🤔...

Alizée what a sensation in her time, protégé of another French wonder Mylène Farmer with chart topping hits in the francophone countries. Her career has been on the wane of late though, I have a suggestion that she should redo her breakout song "Moi... Lolita" and change it to "Moi... Akida". First line an intro to the wider world "Moi je m'appelle Akida..." (My name is Akida).

Minimal lyric rewrite à la Elton John.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Bravo

OH MY GOSH !!!!!!!!!!!

bubbles-funny-eyes.gif

Google, Mercedes-Benz Pact Spotlights How AI Can Drive Connected Car’s Evolution​

BY PYMNTS | FEBRUARY 27, 2023
|
mercedes-benz-google-768x513.jpg

Artificial intelligence (AI) may help drive the connected car’s journey from concept to fully-fleshed reality.
Mercedes-Benz said last week that it had entered a long-term strategic partnership with Google that has its roots in navigation and entertainment.
And as the announcement stated, as the “first step,” Mercedes-Benz will give customers access to Google’s Place Details function, which serves information about more than 200 million businesses globally, including business hours, photos, ratings and reviews.
The companies said they would bring the YouTube app into the Mercedes-Benz infotainment system and leverage Google Maps data to set up automatic speed adjustments before vehicles encounter intersections, roundabouts or curves.
“We’ll provide our AI and data capabilities to accelerate [Mercedes] sustainability efforts, advance autonomous driving, and create an enhanced customer experience,” Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google’s parent company Alphabet, in the release.
That latest initiative — the enhanced customer experience — is one that we note evolves when entertainment, real-time navigation and yes, commerce are woven together.
And in an interview with Karen Webster, Ingo Money CEO Drew Edwards said that AI has the potential to transform the very essence of mobility — connection cars and payments. There’s evidence that the transformation is already afoot. He noted that “Apple CarPlay and Google [Android Auto] have taken most functions away from the driver and turned them into voice commands. There has got to be some element of intelligence built into that because there’s a dialogue that goes on.”
As for connecting voice and contextual commerce, Edwards said, “It’s totally transformative, and payments are in the middle of that.”
“It’s where the connected car comes in because you can’t use your hands, and you’re interacting with this artificial intelligence. All the way through to paying for that experience, it just happens without you ever touching a keyboard or putting your credentials in.”

Commuters Become Customers​

The Mercedes/Google linkup is one among many examples of the push toward transforming the commuter into a customer. As we noted in this space at the beginning of the year, Google’s made inroads with several automakers already. Porsche is reportedly considering integrating Google software into its vehicles. Google has already expanded its connected car partnership with carmaker Renault, allowing the automaker to offer over-the-air software updates to its vehicles.
For Google, the opportunity is there to keep giving a tailwind to Google Cloud. As seen in Alphabet’s most recent earnings report, Google Cloud revenues surged 32% year on year. And the company is continuing to focus on “shoppable” YouTube features.
Bringing commerce more fully into content — and content more fully into the in-car experience — may help Google monetize YouTube even further down the road (pun intended). For Mercedes and other automakers, there’s the opportunity to monetize data and software. Bloomberg reported last week that the automaker is targeting an additional $10 billion of revenue tied to developing its own operating system.
The stage is set to soup up the daily commute and the long road trip with digital enhancements (and with payments embedded into the mix). PYMNTS data, as seen in “How The World Does Digital: Different Paths To Digital Transformation,” show that there’s been a 4% increase in digital wallet usage across nearly a dozen major economies, and people are getting used to using apps and digital wallets as they travel. The American Automobile Association has also estimated that we spend an hour a day in the car, as noted in a report last Fall. That means for a chunk of the day, we’re willing — and now, increasingly able — to use the car as a large mobile device.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 24 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
OH MY GOSH !!!!!!!!!!!

GOOGLE POWERED BY AKIDA?????

View attachment 30803

Google, Mercedes-Benz Pact Spotlights How AI Can Drive Connected Car’s Evolution​

BY PYMNTS | FEBRUARY 27, 2023
|
mercedes-benz-google-768x513.jpg

Artificial intelligence (AI) may help drive the connected car’s journey from concept to fully-fleshed reality.
Mercedes-Benz said last week that it had entered a long-term strategic partnership with Google that has its roots in navigation and entertainment.
And as the announcement stated, as the “first step,” Mercedes-Benz will give customers access to Google’s Place Details function, which serves information about more than 200 million businesses globally, including business hours, photos, ratings and reviews.
The companies said they would bring the YouTube app into the Mercedes-Benz infotainment system and leverage Google Maps data to set up automatic speed adjustments before vehicles encounter intersections, roundabouts or curves.
“We’ll provide our AI and data capabilities to accelerate [Mercedes] sustainability efforts, advance autonomous driving, and create an enhanced customer experience,” Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google’s parent company Alphabet, in the release.
That latest initiative — the enhanced customer experience — is one that we note evolves when entertainment, real-time navigation and yes, commerce are woven together.
And in an interview with Karen Webster, Ingo Money CEO Drew Edwards said that AI has the potential to transform the very essence of mobility — connection cars and payments. There’s evidence that the transformation is already afoot. He noted that “Apple CarPlay and Google [Android Auto] have taken most functions away from the driver and turned them into voice commands. There has got to be some element of intelligence built into that because there’s a dialogue that goes on.”
As for connecting voice and contextual commerce, Edwards said, “It’s totally transformative, and payments are in the middle of that.”
“It’s where the connected car comes in because you can’t use your hands, and you’re interacting with this artificial intelligence. All the way through to paying for that experience, it just happens without you ever touching a keyboard or putting your credentials in.”

Commuters Become Customers​

The Mercedes/Google linkup is one among many examples of the push toward transforming the commuter into a customer. As we noted in this space at the beginning of the year, Google’s made inroads with several automakers already. Porsche is reportedly considering integrating Google software into its vehicles. Google has already expanded its connected car partnership with carmaker Renault, allowing the automaker to offer over-the-air software updates to its vehicles.
For Google, the opportunity is there to keep giving a tailwind to Google Cloud. As seen in Alphabet’s most recent earnings report, Google Cloud revenues surged 32% year on year. And the company is continuing to focus on “shoppable” YouTube features.
Bringing commerce more fully into content — and content more fully into the in-car experience — may help Google monetize YouTube even further down the road (pun intended). For Mercedes and other automakers, there’s the opportunity to monetize data and software. Bloomberg reported last week that the automaker is targeting an additional $10 billion of revenue tied to developing its own operating system.
The stage is set to soup up the daily commute and the long road trip with digital enhancements (and with payments embedded into the mix). PYMNTS data, as seen in “How The World Does Digital: Different Paths To Digital Transformation,” show that there’s been a 4% increase in digital wallet usage across nearly a dozen major economies, and people are getting used to using apps and digital wallets as they travel. The American Automobile Association has also estimated that we spend an hour a day in the car, as noted in a report last Fall. That means for a chunk of the day, we’re willing — and now, increasingly able — to use the car as a large mobile device.

Google powered by Nvidia but we are sure to be one of the touch points. ;)

Edit: This is interesting.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

Google powered by Nvidia but we are sure to be one of the touch points. ;)

Edit: This is interesting.

Yes @Evermont , I totally agree that we must be one of the touch-points. For me it's so abundantly clear reading between the lines from Markus Shafer's LinkedIn blog written just one month ago which states the following.

Q am (1).png

Attachments

• Q am (1).png
    Q am (1).png
    455.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users
Top Bottom