BRN Discussion Ongoing

charles2

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
No you are not the only one.)
_
I still wonder with satisfaction about the huge market of automation and that the first signal in our direction comes from Accenture!
___
As a naive person in this matter I have concerns about Nvidia as player. Perhaps you @Fact Finder can dispel my concerns. I had them once ....
v
Thanks FF. Just wondering why it is that numerous articles mention AKIDA in the same space as Loihi. As far as I understand Loihi is still being developed and is far from commercially available (if ever). AKIDA is proven and ready to implement. Is Loihi a direct competitor now or are we still 3 years plus ahead? Or is it that Intel get a mention because they are well known and BRN is not (yet)? Surely AKIDA would outperform Loihi and would be the preferred choice after comparison.
The paper is an Academic work not a sales pitch for AKIDA so in the interests of Academic integrity and balance it references all known relevant science and in so doing another academic researcher when reading the paper will become aware of all the issues surrounding AKIDA, Loihi etc;

This paper while publicly available is written not for the general public.

I cannot comment on other papers specifically but Academics are always seeking research funding and Intel throws tens of millions annually at University research projects so in a more general sense an Academic will always be casting a net in present research towards the next round of funding.

You will have seen in many, many papers a final line or paragraph along the lines of “what we would like to do is implement our findings …”. They live from one research grant to the next.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users
v

The paper is an Academic work not a sales pitch for AKIDA so in the interests of Academic integrity and balance it references all known relevant science and in so doing another academic researcher when reading the paper will become aware of all the issues surrounding AKIDA, Loihi etc;

I cannot comment on other papers specifically but Academics are always seeking research funding and Intel throws tens of millions annually at University research projects so in a more general sense an Academic will always be casting a net in present research towards the next round of funding.

You will have seen in many, many papers a final line or paragraph along the lines of “what we would like to do is implement our findings …”. They live from one research grant to the next.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
@cosors I need you to make your concerns about Nvidia clearer as I do not understand your questions.

Regards
FF

Reactions: 1 users

Bloodsy

Regular
".....
While today's camera chips continuously process the full frame of images, Prophesee's chip will only process changes in the scene, such as light or movement, which makes it faster and requires less computing power, said Luca Verre, co-founder and chief executive at Prophesee.
...."

Isn`t that a hint to spiking neural networks?

This is awesome news - Neuromorphic being name dropped with QUALCOMM alone is good enough to increase interest! Also of interest

"Verre said the Prophesee chip will be used in addition to conventional camera chips in a blueprint for smartphones that will be released this week at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Mass production of the chips is planned for next year when they would be integrated into phones, he said."

So this week we hear about neuromorphic vision for smartphones which are being mass produced next year, with Prophesee who have said that akida completes their offering.

But no, prophesee wouldn't use their complete, optimised sensor for this would they.... lol

Bullish

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users

cosors

👀
v

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
It is perfectly clear to me that Loihi covers a different field. That is why they have included Akida in their portfolio. That is my assumption: If you can't beat him take him in your arms. Arm haha 😍

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
".....
While today's camera chips continuously process the full frame of images, Prophesee's chip will only process changes in the scene, such as light or movement, which makes it faster and requires less computing power, said Luca Verre, co-founder and chief executive at Prophesee.
...."

Isn`t that a hint to spiking neural networks?
Yes and that is why Brainchip and Prophesee will be a marriage made in neuromorphic heaven.

Prophesee’s sensor produces spikes which need to be processed.

Snapdragon has to have those spikes converted to signals it can process costing latency and power.

Brainchip’s AKIDA natively processes spikes reducing latency and saving power.

As Luca Verre stated in the podcast they worried they were building a house of straw until they discovered AKIDA which made them whole.

In my opinion it is all about contract negation between these two Science Fiction creating companies. If it takes a year to agree the numbers I don’t care because it is going to be huge when they tie the knot.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 83 users

cosors

👀
@cosors I need you to make your concerns about Nvidia clearer as I do not understand your questions.

Regards
FF
Ok, I imagine that many assume that it is not normal that every good news is followed by more shorts. Like a systematic. If I now ask in my crude for the reasons I could think first like then Yak to Intel. But that does not seem to be the one, if. The motives are smaller and all is explainable as well that we are now in their portfolio.
The main problem is from my point of view Nvidia with their GPUs. Hey, they're now going Meta with Facebook in their desperation - an act of desperation only from my point of view, of course.
That and the picture of the two C's in the EQXX with Hey Mercedes that doesn't run because of house 'brand' Nvidia makes me think that Nvidia has a razor-sharp view of the situation. In this crude thought of mine there is a player in the background why we get tickets and WBT doesn't for example.
+ end of pandemic and less gaming
+ Bitcoin topic
___
Sorry! I always wanted to ask you but did not dare.
___
I better go back to my graphite corner 😅😶‍🌫️

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
So far it seems that the Prophesee camera is only being used for de-blurring images. Does it need Akida to perform this function? If not, then why add it? Why would they split the Qualcomm money with us if they don’t have to at this point?

It would not be much of a stretch to assume that the camera by Prophesee could be used for more (as demonstrated by Prophesee themselves), and they have stated that "combining our Metavision solution with Akida-based IP, we are better able to deliver a complete high-performance and ultra-low power solution".

They are currently using Synsense for this purpose... so this statement (above) speaks volumes about what they think of them. One would assume that whenever any obligation with Synsense expires, the better option would have a front row seat for future adoption.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Dhm

Regular
I'm asking myself the same because in my opinion it's quite obvious that we're involved as well.
Everything you've described in your post aligns perfectly with this short paragraph from the article below, published in June last year.
"The collaboration will enable enterprise customers to explore edge artificial intelligence use cases with neuromorphic vision systems."
Surely, Qualcomm did just that.

Obviously, it's just a bunch of shareholders that are able to understand the connections and market won't react to it in any way shape or form, but it's significant in my eyes nevertheless. Still, it's noting that will contribute to any short-term revenue, which is the only thing that matters at this point.
This is awesome news - Neuromorphic being name dropped with QUALCOMM alone is good enough to increase interest! Also of interest

"Verre said the Prophesee chip will be used in addition to conventional camera chips in a blueprint for smartphones that will be released this week at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Mass production of the chips is planned for next year when they would be integrated into phones, he said."

So this week we hear about neuromorphic vision for smartphones which are being mass produced next year, with Prophesee who have said that akida completes their offering.

But no, prophesee wouldn't use their complete, optimised sensor for this would they.... lol

Bullish
7C5A7B40-8240-46D8-8497-75A9748A2765.jpeg

@chapman89 published this a month or more back.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

VictorG

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Quiltman

Regular
View attachment 30776

And that's the icing on the cake isn't it.
Luca wants a commercial contract.
I'm guessing BrainChip does as well !!!
There has been another month of negotiating since this comment, all parties being well aware of the Qualcomm developments.
IMHO, news of a commercial arrangement between BrainChip & Prophesee could drop any day.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 34 users

Pappagallo

Regular
It would not be much of a stretch to assume that the camera by Prophesee could be used for more (as demonstrated by Prophesee themselves), and they have stated that "combining our Metavision solution with Akida-based IP, we are better able to deliver a complete high-performance and ultra-low power solution".

They are currently using Synsense for this purpose... so this statement (above) speaks volumes about what they think of them. One would assume that whenever any obligation with Synsense expires, the better option would have a front row seat for future adoption.

What else is it being used for in this application though? All we know is that Qualcomm is using it to de-blur photos. I’m sure it’s capable of much more, probably things that haven’t even been conceived yet, but so far that’s all we know.

Reactions: 4 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20230228_081458_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 69 users
Ok, I imagine that many assume that it is not normal that every good news is followed by more shorts. Like a systematic. If I now ask in my crude for the reasons I could think first like then Yak to Intel. But that does not seem to be the one, if. The motives are smaller and all is explainable as well that we are now in their portfolio.
The main problem has from my point of view is Nvidia with their GPUs. Hey, they're now going Meta with Facebook in their desperation - an act of desperation only from my point of view, of course.
That and the picture of the two C's in the EQXX with Hey Mercedes that doesn't run because of house 'brand' Nvidia makes me think that Nvidia has a razor-sharp view of the situation. In this crude thought of mine there is a player in the background why we get tickets and WBT doesn't for example.
+ end of pandemic and less gaming
+ Bitcoin topic
___
Sorry! I always wanted to ask you but did not dare.
___
I better go back to my graphite corner 😅😶‍🌫️
Hi @cosors
I understand your question and really have no idea except to say I personally do not see why a company as big as Nvidia would go to all the trouble of trying to crush Brainchips share price when it could just write a cheque and gobble up all the ignorant retail who have no idea and think $5 or $6 a share is the best thing that has ever happened to them.

Nvidia had 40 to 70 billion to buy ARM that they have not used up so if you are right and they want Brainchip they are not going to be playing these silly games that Peter van der Made and his associates can defeat.

I prefer to believe Rob Telson when he said they see Nvidia more as a partner in the future.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 75 users

cosors

👀
Hi @cosors
I understand your question and really have no idea except to say I personally do not see why a company as big as Nvidia would go to all the trouble of trying to crush Brainchips share price when it could just write a cheque and gobble up all the ignorant retail who have no idea and think $5 or $6 a share is the best thing that has ever happened to them.

Nvidia had 40 to 70 billion to buy ARM that they have not used up so if you are right and they want Brainchip they are not going to be playing these silly games that Peter van der Made and his associates can defeat.

I prefer to believe Rob Telson when he said they see Nvidia more as a partner in the future.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thank you 😶‍🌫️

Reactions: 13 users

cosors

👀

AKIDA BALLISTA UBQT

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Bloodsy

Regular
View attachment 30776

Yeah, because "at this moment" there is no product incorporating prophesee + Akida

This agreement between qualcomm and prohesee doesn't bear fruit until mass production of chips at Sony next year.

They are technology demonstrators just for funsies?

No, "I'm looking forward to extend it to a more commercial one"

I don't think we see an IP agreement between BRN and prophesee until the the go button is pressed at the factory where mass production begins. In my opinion, the same can be said for all other elusive NDA's and EAPs. Akida is a "key differentiator" for future products after all, discretion is of the utmost importance in these cases.

Jury is still out, but we are certainly in the box seat.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

Also in this discussion no one has mention the following known FACTS:

1. At CES Brainchip & Prophesee we’re presenting together in the hotel suite paid for by Prophesee;

2. Prophesee said they had over 100 meetings with potential customers scheduled many protected by NDAs,

3. Sony and Qualcomm negotiations were clearly well advanced so I doubt they were counted amongst the 100 plus.

So lots of other customers ie; more than 100 for Brainchip AKIDA to be involved with Prophesee supplying optimised intelligent vision sensors.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 97 users

Dhm

Regular
Yeah, because "at this moment" there is no product incorporating prophesee + Akida

This agreement between qualcomm and prohesee doesn't bear fruit until mass production of chips at Sony next year.

They are technology demonstrators just for funsies?

No, "I'm looking forward to extend it to a more commercial one"

I don't think we see an IP agreement between BRN and prophesee until the the go button is pressed at the factory where mass production begins. In my opinion, the same can be said for all other elusive NDA's and EAPs. Akida is a "key differentiator" for future products after all, discretion is of the utmost importance in these cases.

Jury is still out, but we are certainly in the box seat.
I want this to happen as much as anyone, but I and others beat ourselves into an excited frenzy then over the Qualcomm presenter saying ‘coming to smartphones soon’ and using video that showed what I assumed was OUR motion blur fixing technology.

So the current smartphones have Synsense tech and not ours. But I reckon Luca would love it to be our tech, and surely will be in the next rendition of smartphone released with Qualcomm and Prophesee.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users

Taproot

Regular

Prophesee Announces Collaboration with Qualcomm to Optimize Neuromorphic Vision Technologies For the Next Generation of Smartphones, Unlocking a New Image Quality Paradigm for Photography and Video​

Companies agree on a multi-year strategic agreement to combine Prophesee’s Event-Based Metavision® Sensors and Software with Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC, with the goal of unlocking a new image quality paradigm for photography and video

Psee-Qualcomm.jpg

Highlights

• The world is neither raster-based nor frame-based. Inspired by the human eye, Prophesee Event-Based sensors repair motion blur and other image quality artefacts caused by conventional sensors, especially in high dynamic scenes and low light conditions bringing Photography and Video closer to our true experiences.
  • Collaborating with Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of premium mobile technologies, to help accelerate mobile industry adoption of Prophesee’s solutions.
  • Companies join forces to optimize Prophesee’s neuromorphic Event-Based Metavision Sensors and software for use with the premium Snapdragon mobile platforms. Development kits expected to be available from Prophesee this year.
Prophesee-Image-Deblurring-Mobile-Event-Based-Metavision-HD.jpg

PARIS, February 27, 2023 – Prophesee today announced a collaboration with Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. that will optimize Prophesee’s Event-based Metavision sensors for use with premium Snapdragon® mobile platforms to bring the speed, efficiency, and quality of neuromorphic-enabled vision to mobile devices.
The technical and business collaboration will provide mobile device developers a fast and efficient way to leverage the Prophesee sensor’s ability to dramatically improve camera performance, particularly in fast-moving dynamic scenes (e.g. sport scenes) and in low light, through its breakthrough event-based continuous and asynchronous pixel sensing approach. Prophesee is working on a development kit to support the integration of the Metavision sensor technology for use with devices that contain next generation Snapdragon platforms.

Video 1 – Sports scene: Preliminary deblurring results on high-speed scene, obtained combining Prophesee Metavision sensor and algorithms with Snapdragon platform.
“Prophesee is a clear leader in applying neuromorphic techniques to address limitations of traditional cameras and improve the overall user experience. We believe this is game-changing technology for taking mobile photography to the next level and our collaboration on both the technical and business levels will help drive adoption by leading OEMs,” said Judd Heape, VP, Product Management at Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “Their pioneering achievements with event cameras’ shutter-free capability offer a significant enhancement to the quality of photography available in the next generation of mobile devices powered by Snapdragon, even in the most demanding environments, unlocking a range of new possibilities for Snapdragon customers.”

Video 2 – Judd Heape, VP, Product Management at Qualcomm Technologies, introducing Prophesee Metavision technologies during Snapdragon Summit.
“We are excited to be working with the provider of one of the world’s most popular mobile platforms to incorporate event-based vision into the Snapdragon ecosystem. Through this collaboration, product developers will be able to dramatically enhance the user experience with cameras that deliver image quality and operational excellence not available using just traditional frame-based methods,” said Luca Verre, CEO and co-founder of Prophesee.
How it works
Prophesee’s breakthrough sensors add a new sensing dimension to mobile photography. They change the paradigm in traditional image capture by focusing only on changes in a scene, pixel by pixel, continuously, at extreme speeds.

Each pixel in the Metavision sensor embeds a logic core, enabling it to act as a neuron.
They each activate themselves intelligently and asynchronously depending on the amount of photons they sense. A pixel activating itself is called an event. In essence, events are driven by the scene’s dynamics, not an arbitrary clock anymore, so the acquisition speed always matches the actual scene dynamics.
High-performance event-based deblurring is achieved by synchronizing a frame-based and Prophesee’s event-based sensor. The system then fills the gaps between and inside the frames with microsecond events to algorithmically extract pure motion information and repair motion blur.

Availability

A development kit featuring compatibility with Prophesee sensor technologies is expected to be available this year.

ABOUT PROPHESEE

Prophesee is the inventor of the world’s most advanced neuromorphic vision systems.
The company developed a breakthrough Event-Based Vision approach to computer vision. This new vision category allows for significant reductions of power, latency and data processing requirements to reveal what was invisible to traditional frame-based sensors until now. Prophesee’s patented Metavision® sensors and algorithms mimic how the human eye and brain work to dramatically improve efficiency in areas such as industrial automation, mobile, IoT, and AR/VR.
Prophesee is based in Paris, with local offices in Grenoble, Shanghai, Tokyo and Silicon Valley. The company is driven by a team of more than 100 visionary engineers, holds more than 50 international patents and is backed by leading international equity and corporate investors including 360 Capital Partners, European Investment Bank, iBionext, Intel Capital, Prosperity7 Ventures, Robert Bosch Venture Capital, Sinovation, Supernova Invest, Will Semiconductor, Xiaomi.
Learn more: www.prophesee.ai

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users
Top Bottom