BRN Discussion Ongoing

cosors

👀
Yeah, but this collaboration doesn't include us, yet 🤔..

Isn't this news a few days old now?
Or am I suffering from deja vu?
Is that French?..
Yes, French => déjà vu. We were talking about this after the Prophesee Qualcomm Summit and Dio and Steve, among others, dealt with it.

Steve
Feb 19, 2023
Qualcomm have recently partnered with Prophesee which has been working with Snapdragon processors since 2018.
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-243604

Dio
Luca Verre has stated that Prophesee do not have Akida in a product (yet!).
Qualcomm Snapdragon 8.2 uses their in-house hexagon AI processor.

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-243630

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Yes, French => déjà vu. We were talking about this after the Prophesee Qualcomm Summit and Dio and Steve, among others, dealt with it.

Steve
Feb 19, 2023
Qualcomm have recently partnered with Prophesee which has been working with Snapdragon processors since 2018.
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-243604

Dio
Luca Verre has stated that Prophesee do not have Akida in a product (yet!).
Qualcomm Snapdragon 8.2 uses their in-house hexagon AI processor.

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-243630

Thanks @cosors. I have edited my original post

Reactions: 8 users

Dallas

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

cosors

👀
Maybe it will be like with MB and Intel at the beginning and Qualcomm will end up with a better solution and Akida via Prophesee?

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
This Prophesee/Qualcomm multi year agreement is far more significant for Brainchip IMO than people have recognised here so far. I’ve only just become aware btw. The agreement is to collaborate on the next generation of smartphone cameras and as we know Prophesee are working with Brainchip to optimise their products. Aso as we know Akida1500 appears designed for a specific use and if my memory is corrrect Dio stated it doesn’t have the on chip processing function which dovetails with Qualcomm’s use of Snapdragon for that. Prophesee can provide a SOC to Qualcomm including Brainchip IP which can then be part of the collaboration results. I really don’t think this is drawing too long a bow. Just to whet your appetite iPhone sales last year were around 240m and smartphone sales globally are averaging 1.5bn annually. Our wide array of partnerships will pay dividends and this could be the holy grail. Don’t forget we have been working with an as yet unknown communications company for sometime as well.

Am I the only one bullish on this news?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 100 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Quiltman

Regular
This Prophesee/Qualcomm multi year agreement is far more significant for Brainchip IMO than people have recognised here so far. I’ve only just become aware btw. The agreement is to collaborate on the next generation of smartphone cameras and as we know Prophesee are working with Brainchip to optimise their products. Aso as we know Akida1500 appears designed for a specific use and if my memory is corrrect Dio stated it doesn’t have the on chip processing function which dovetails with Qualcomm’s use of Snapdragon for that. Prophesee can provide a SOC to Qualcomm including Brainchip IP which can then be part of the collaboration results. I really don’t think this is drawing too long a bow. Just to whet your appetite iPhone sales last year were around 240m and smartphone sales globally are averaging 1.5bn annually. Our wide array of partnerships will pay dividends and this could be the holy grail. Don’t forget we have been working with an as yet unknown communications company for sometime as well.

Extremely Bullish ...

PARIS, February 27, 2023 – Prophesee today announced a collaboration with Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. that will optimize Prophesee’s Event-based Metavision sensors for use with premium Snapdragon® mobile platforms to bring the speed, efficiency, and quality of neuromorphic-enabled vision to mobile devices.

I remain extremely confident that BrainChip are a large part of Prophesee's future.
It has now become readily apparent that Prophesee is a large part of Qualcomm's future for mobile devices.
And, therefore, by default, BrainChip becomes a large part of Qualcomm's future for mobile devices.

Sounds like a bit of decent commercial negotiation is going on, and proof of concept for Akida 1500 as part of that negotiation.
I would NOT be going short on BRN .... seriously !

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 74 users

I'm asking myself the same because in my opinion it's quite obvious that we're involved as well.
Everything you've described in your post aligns perfectly with this short paragraph from the article below, published in June last year.
"The collaboration will enable enterprise customers to explore edge artificial intelligence use cases with neuromorphic vision systems."
Surely, Qualcomm did just that.

Obviously, it's just a bunch of shareholders that are able to understand the connections and market won't react to it in any way shape or form, but it's significant in my eyes nevertheless. Still, it's noting that will contribute to any short-term revenue, which is the only thing that matters at this point.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 21 users

dippY22

Regular
Zacks research report out on Brainchip,..for what it's worth (...and it taint much)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

I think you might need to read the announcement more closely. The snapdragon soc is essentially replacing the use of our chip in this instance.

I think you might need to read the announcement more closely. The snapdragon soc is essentially replacing the use of our chip in this instance.
I have reached out to prophesee to see if they will provide any clarification.

Pappagallo

Regular

It’s a question of necessity. So far it seems that the Prophesee camera is only being used for de-blurring images. Does it need Akida to perform this function? If not, then why add it? Why would they split the Qualcomm money with us if they don’t have to at this point?

I’m not discounting it entirely and can certainly see an opening for Akida in the future when more functionality and/or performance/efficiency is demanded. But if Prophesee can get away with this first iteration without any help I reckon they would because it just makes sense financially.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

cosors

👀

No you are not the only one.)
_
I still wonder with satisfaction about the huge market of automation and that the first signal in our direction comes from Accenture!
___
As a naive person in this matter I have concerns about Nvidia as player. Perhaps you @Fact Finder can dispel my concerns. I had them once ....

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
I know this is a wide speculation and going to be wrong

As mentioned in the link ...."Prophesee’s neuromorphic Event-Based Metavision Sensors"
....They needed Akida1500 to work (for what they needed it for), hence we had to tape-out Akida1500 also so the other markets/customers can get their hands also on it so as not to upset anyone going forwards,

I am going to guess Brainchip maybe on the sensors and nothing else at the moment

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire

stockduck

Regular
I love that news, could it be the hot news many have been waiting for? That`s exciting to me! Thank you for posting.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

stockduck

Regular
I love that news, could it be the hot news many have been waiting for? That`s exciting to me! Thank you for posting.
".....
While today's camera chips continuously process the full frame of images, Prophesee's chip will only process changes in the scene, such as light or movement, which makes it faster and requires less computing power, said Luca Verre, co-founder and chief executive at Prophesee.
...."

Isn`t that a hint to spiking neural networks?

• Fire
Reactions: 29 users
Well i personally can’t wait for the spring.
So many seeds have been planted in the BRAIN chip garden that there’s going to be an abundance of quality produce to feed from.
What an exciting time and opportunity we all have.

In Gardening you need patience for things to grow

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

cosors

👀
Well i personally can’t wait for the spring.
So many seeds have been planted in the BRAIN chip garden that there’s going to be an abundance of quality produce to feed from.
What an exciting time and opportunity we all have.

In Gardening you need patience for things to grow
Beautiful analogy Food4 thought!

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
As above with everyone else's today

1677530703086.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

GStocks123

Regular
I personally cannot wait until EOY or 1st qtr of 2024 when BRN are receiving royalties from the new Renesas chip. Whether or not a huge success, still revenue! 💰

Top Bottom