BRN Discussion Ongoing

wilzy123

Founding Member
"we are adhering to the ASX Continuous Disclosure Guidelines and the Listing Rules" - Tony Dawe (today) on behalf of BrainChip.

What are you not getting?

dr-phil-wow.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi @Diogenese

1. What is the process to get from AKD1500 to AKD2000, given that it is now 'simply' optimising a taped out iteration? Is the hard work already done? Or is there significant engineering involved to incorporate LSTM/transformer functionality?
2. Based on 1. how difficult would it be to also release AKD2000 in 2023? Given that we have no clue how far PvdM has already advanced future AKD iterations

I'm still hoping we announce another BrainChip product release this year, but this one with more fanfare ie in conjunction with a Tier 1 partner or two

View attachment 28244
Hi tls,

I would love to be a fly on the wall at BrainChip labs. No, scrub that. I would love to be receiving reports from said fly.

Remember when we sent out the Akida 1000 engineering samples to EAPs?

When we got their feedback, CNN2SNN among other things was added to the chip, and the redesigned chip operated better than expected. Things like the physical layout and location of different functional elements (is the most data traffic taking the most efficient path, ... ) affect performance.

So I'm guessing there will be exhaustive in-house testing of the 1500 and then it will be field tested by selected EAPs.

It took an extra year or so to get the improved Akida 1000 out the door (CNN2SNN was a major overhaul), so my guess is that we would be lucky to see Akida 2000 this year.

• Fire
Reactions: 38 users

ndefries

Regular
'We remain positive on future market penetration and broad adoption of BrainChip’s technology'

Broad adoption in gazillion $ industry that is really just commencing! the foundations for this rocket launch is strong and getting stronger!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Slade

Top 20
Exactly ... from Tony's response it seems BRN didn't even submit the tape out announcement to the ASX for publication. Just decided amongst themselves it would constitute ramping rather than reporting a very significant technical milestone.
Call me crazy but I believe that our board of directors and CEO are a very intelligent bunch of individuals who are in the right position to make informed decisions about what the company should submit as a announcement. They are all shareholders themselves. I’m pretty sure they are focused and working hard on making BrainChip a success. They are taking a conservative approach to ASX announcements. I’m good with that. The new technology breakthrough is highlighted on the 4C. It’s also widely publicised. I don’t think too many serious investors are going to miss it and our sp will bounce back a little this week. I believe we will get some price sensitive announcements this year that will really move the sp up. And keep it up.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users

White Horse

Regular
Attention all whining and whinging, lazy people, who are still holding mommies hand.
If you haven't registered on the companies website for email updates, then you don't deserve to know what's going on.
Don't be so, FFFing pathetic.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Diogenese

Top 20
So does that mean that once AKD1500 is manufactured that we'll join the Global Foundaries' FDX™ Network with the likes of Andes, Siemens, Cadence, Synopsys, SiFive, Fraunhofer and many others?

View attachment 28246
Global Foundries Logo

Home / GF Partner Community / FDX™ Network

FDX™ Network​

The FDX™ Network, formerly called the FDXcelerator Partner Program, enables designers to accelerate time to market with cost-effective, differentiated semiconductor chips that harness the unique differentiated, power-saving, body-biasing and adaptive body-biasing features of the GlobalFoundries® (GF®) 22FDX® platform (built on 22 nm FD-SOI process technology).

By leveraging the FDX™ Network, partners and customers can harness collaborative innovation through optimized FDX™ resources to increase market share and take advantage of growth opportunities in automotive, industrial, consumer IoT, mobile, RF connectivity and networking applications.
Extensive range of FDX-optimized services & solutions enables differentiation that matters. Broad portfolio of validated IP blocks helps shorten design cycle and reduce risk.

View Product Brief

Get to market quicker​

Streamline design, increase productivity and get products to market faster with a suite of 22FDX-optimized solutions, domain expertise and resources.

Simplify migration​

The FDX™ Network makes moving to FD-SOI from bulk nodes easier and faster, enabling designers to harness the power and performance advantages of 22FDX® to develop differentiated, integrated solutions.

Minimize cost & risk​

The FDX™ Network enables low-cost, low-risk and rapid prototyping for product/market validation, IP validation and device characterization through the GF multi project wafer (MPW) service.

Explore the program​

To learn more about the FDX™ Network, contact us at ecosystem_support-uc@globalfoundries.com.

Meet our FDX™ Network partners​

ACTT

• Ultra-low-power PMU IP in 22FDX®, 10+ PMU IPs provides more selection
  • IPs in other GF processes are available, including proven eNVM IP
Alphacore

• Lowest power Gigasample-class data converter IP available in advanced GlobalFoundries technology
  • Ideal for any high sample rate, low power applications
  • Radiation-tolerant and radiation-hardened versions available
Amkor Technology

• Providers of advanced packaging, assembly and test development services
  • 22FDX® platform support and baseline package qualifications. Package types anticipated to be qualified are:
    • Flip chip – Chip Scale Package (FcCSP)
    • Wafer level – Chip Scale Package, Fan Out- (WlCSP-FO)
    • Wire Bond
Analog Value

• Analog Value Ltd. offers a family of dual ADC IPs in 22FDX® process with resolution ranging from 12b to 16b and sample rate from 5Msps to 50Msps
  • The ADCs have very small area and power consumption
Andes Technology

• Andes provides power-efficient, small-footprint 32-bit and 64-bit soft CPU IP cores implemented on GF’s 22nm FD-SOI (22FDX®) technology, especially well-suited for the IoT, edge computing and deep learning SoC design
  • Andes provides a comprehensive ecosystem, including the most mature support for RISC-V processor cores
ANSYS

• ANSYS multiphysics simulation enables chip-package-system (CPS) success in 7nm FinFET, RFIC and 22FDX in AI, 5G, automotive and HPC applications
  • Solve physically-coupled design challenges of power, thermal, variability, timing, electromagnetics and reliability across CPS
ArterisIP logo

• ArterisIP interconnect IP accelerates timing closure for FDX-based designs, in applications from automotive ADAS and machine learning to small IoT processors
  • ArterisIP FDX-based offerings include the Ncore Cache Coherent Interconnect IP with Ncore Resilience Package, FlexNoC Interconnect IP with FlexNoC Resilience Package and PIANO Timing Closure Package
Ase Group

• Providers of advanced packaging, assembly and test development services
  • 22FDX® platform support and baseline package qualifications. Package types anticipated to be qualified are:
    • Flip chip – Chip Scale Package (FcCSP)
    • Wafer level – Chip Scale Package, Fan In – (WlCSP-FI)
    • Wafer level – Chip Scale Package, Fan Out – (WlCSP-FO)
ASK

• Highly integrated IoT systems-on-chip comprising front ends, radios, mixed-signal, power management, PHY and modem
  • Turnkey best-in-class full-chip RFIC and modem design services for clients’ system solutions
Attopsemi Technology

• Founded in 2010, Attopsemi Technology is dedicated to developing proprietary I-fuse™ OTP IP to all CMOS process technologies from 0.7um to 7nm and beyond.
  • I-fuse™ OTP provides small size, high reliability, low program voltage, low power and wide temperature range to enable harsh applications such as automotive, 3D IC, and IoT applications.
Cadence

• Body Bias floor planning via Genus™ design exploration
  • FDX-tailored support for Voltus™ and Tempus™ solutions
Ceva

• Leading provider of low-power certified IP solution for Wireless Connectivity standards (WiFi, Bluetooth, Thread, NB-IoT, GNSS etc.) for consumer and IoT applications
  • Offers efficient AI & Deep Learning Processor IPs for Imaging and Computer Vision Edge IoT & Automotive Applications
ChipUS

• We offer ultra-low-power IP for next generations of hearables and wearables
  • We are using FDX22nm due the highly optimized process node for these applications (SOI, BB, etc…)
CIARS

• World-class radio/antenna advanced test and characterization facility, electromagnetic simulation and modeling from MHz to THz
  • Intelligent mmWave phased array/MIMO integrated circuit, module, antenna, system-in-package, IP and R&D
Codasip

• Offers a complete portfolio of configurable RISC-V based processor IP cores
  • Provides a comprehensive processor development platform with full software toolchain support
CoreHW

• CoreHW is your one-stop custom ASIC solution partner
  • CoreHW competences cover RF systems; RFIC; analog, mixed signal and digital; RF front-end and antennas
CSEM

• CSEM is a supplier of design services and silicon IPs, recognized as a leader for very low-power ICs & systems, and a rich history & IP catalog in ULP digital, RFICs and embedded machine learning
  • CSEM’s IcyTRX, best-in-class Bluetooth Low Energy silicon RF IP, is integrated in millions of chips worldwide
... and don't forget the DoD which, as someone posted above, is also supporting GlobalFoundies ... not that that is in any way related to the simultaneous Brainchip/GlobalFoundries announcement. I mean, what use could the US DoD have for extra long life battery powered smart devices?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users
Hey Bacon.

Whilst I agree it is frustrating I think the key lies in the extract from the email Tony sent.
  • because we have run afoul of these obligations in the past and under previous management we ended up on an ASX watch list for repeated ramping announcement violations.
I have a mate who had a cray boat out here in the west (Very average fisherman ;)). On the many times I went out with him what was very clear was the fisherman of note (as my mate was) and those keen to be able to sell their fishing licence in the future were very cautious about getting a "black mark". This was mark issued by fisheries against the boat. This impact on this was economic as people were then aware that they had blown one of a very limited few chances. If you got caught breaching the rules again, expect to lose your licence or an expensive costly court case. Anyway there was always fisherman wanting to push the limits and those that don't.

At the end of the day you simply ask yourself this question. Did the fisherman who pushed the limits catch crays more per day than those that didn't. No, the best fisherman still caught the most crays, but the ones that abided by the rules slept better and had a higher certainty of achieving a higher price for their boat should they wish to sell out.

While BRN is not a fishing enterprise do we want the focus of our CEO and legal team diverted to arguing with the ASX over something that could be equally said in another forum. My answer is no.

I do agree that by making a song and dance about an announcement on the ASX may lift the share value initially, but it will then drop. Does this effect me as a LTH, no, as I am still accumulating. What this does is take the potential larger volatility (short term not long) out of the market and thus reduce the profits the shorters and traders are making.

I feel sorry for the mum and dad's traders out there, but ultimately ask yourself this. Do you want a company with a world leading product that will achieve greatness, but who under sells itself, or do you want a company with colorful announcements and promises that are the focus of the ASX after having a prior warning.

My thoughts anyway.
An expensive AND costly court case? Goddamn.
I’m grabbing pizza on the way home from work tonight. I am hungry and I’d like some food.

In all seriousness, I think this reason is spot on. Extra caution at a time an ASX announcement for this tapeout will have short term affect on share price (if any as it is not material), is hardly going to matter in the long run.

Reactions: 10 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Hey Bacon.

Whilst I agree it is frustrating I think the key lies in the extract from the email Tony sent.
  • because we have run afoul of these obligations in the past and under previous management we ended up on an ASX watch list for repeated ramping announcement violations.
I have a mate who had a cray boat out here in the west (Very average fisherman ;)). On the many times I went out with him what was very clear was the fisherman of note (as my mate was) and those keen to be able to sell their fishing licence in the future were very cautious about getting a "black mark". This was mark issued by fisheries against the boat. This impact on this was economic as people were then aware that they had blown one of a very limited few chances. If you got caught breaching the rules again, expect to lose your licence or an expensive costly court case. Anyway there was always fisherman wanting to push the limits and those that don't.

At the end of the day you simply ask yourself this question. Did the fisherman who pushed the limits catch crays more per day than those that didn't. No, the best fisherman still caught the most crays, but the ones that abided by the rules slept better and had a higher certainty of achieving a higher price for their boat should they wish to sell out.

While BRN is not a fishing enterprise do we want the focus of our CEO and legal team diverted to arguing with the ASX over something that could be equally said in another forum. My answer is no.

I do agree that by making a song and dance about an announcement on the ASX may lift the share value initially, but it will then drop. Does this effect me as a LTH, no, as I am still accumulating. What this does is take the potential larger volatility (short term not long) out of the market and thus reduce the profits the shorters and traders are making.

I feel sorry for the mum and dad's traders out there, but ultimately ask yourself this. Do you want a company with a world leading product that will achieve greatness, but who under sells itself, or do you want a company with colorful announcements and promises that are the focus of the ASX after having a prior warning.

My thoughts anyway.

Thanks for your response @Earlyrelease . Measured and respectful post.

May be a few ''respected, kind'' members could learn from your post on how to make a conversation without being abusive and still put out an opposing view.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Earlyrelease

Regular

May be a few ''respected, kind'' members could learn from your post on how to make a conversation without being abusive and still put out an opposing view.
Bacon.

No worries. My life motto "treat others as you would like to be treated"- then the stresses of the world appear a lot less.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

mcm

Regular
Hey Bacon.

My thoughts anyway.
As someone who crayfished up around Geraldton and Jurien Bay for three years prior to going to uni ... i much appreciate the analogy you make. :)
I'm certainly not advocating blatant ramping in any way, shape or form and think it's better to err on the side of caution. However as a shareholder, I do appreciate being kept informed of major milestones when they are achieved and It's the ASX that I and most investors check prior to open each morning for that reason. Whether the SP moves up or down as a result is immaterial. It's important information current and also prospective investors need to know.
The successful tape out with GlobalFoundries is hugely encouraging news that should put a smile on the face of all BRN investors. Had the ASX announced it, as it did with WBT, ... a lot more folks would know about it. Anyway ... that's my view ... and last word on the matter. Enjoyed your post as it brought back some fond memories of my fishing days!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

White Horse

Regular
There hasn't been much talk about some of the finer points.
One I particularly like,
We expect our next

reference chips (plural) to be delivered in Q2 of this year.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

skutza

Regular
Exactly ... from Tony's response it seems BRN didn't even submit the tape out announcement to the ASX for publication. Just decided amongst themselves it would constitute ramping rather than reporting a very significant technical milestone.
Hi MCM,

You seem disappointed by this? While I can understand that some don't like the companies choices on this, and even comparing them to WBT..... I am happy that the management are treating this company as an ASX 200 company where they don't feel the need to "ramp" it up with fluff and feed the traders and shorters of the markets.
So here is a thought, concern for those comparing WBT with BRN. How long before the shorters and manipulators realize that BRN already have a product and this 4c shows growth. Not just them but also investors that start to see BRN through different googles? Well we know that many of the shorters have already made quite the pretty penny on this "meem :)" stock and sooner or later they are going to have to buy back many many millions of shares, before their profits disappear in an instant something big appears!
So they cash in and they are cashed up where do they look for their next big short? Well they may just look at another tech stock that does like to throw around ASX announcements like they are free and a marketing tool. WBT? Lets have a quick look how close WBT are coming to BRN in regards to MC, shall we?

1675057884625.png

In the big picture, there really isn't a huge gap in the 2 companies MC. However we are a Meem stock? We are the company that gets all the MF articles etc etc. Why? Because the ASX is a corrupt wasteland? Hey I'm not saying they are, just posing a question? I know if I shorted stocks, I believe one of these companies would be riper for the picking than the another. One ramps every chance they get, the other has already been shorter to hell. Short term ( 2 years) who are the more likely to deserve a $2-5 billion MC? Will WBT even have sales by then?

So yes we can compare in many ways, but I'm more than happy with the team at BRN. They are calm on the surface but what we don't see is what's happening under the calmness, but we are starting to see. IMO of course. I'm giddy.
1675057635831.png

disclaimer, I had more than $1.2 Million in my super just in BRN, it's now under $350k, so I know the pain of loss, while I'm still well in the green, it doesn't necessarily hurt less, but I'm still gidddy :) (sorry to those holding WBT, just an example that others were using as a comparison.)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 71 users

The Pope

Regular

Hi bacon,

I agree with your thoughts.
My only question is what is still the difference between the WBT and BRN tape out announcement is that BRN are playing by rules etc, that is fine and I’m sure all TSE agree with that approach being a BRN shareholder
What I would want to know is if WBT received a black mark against their name after posting their tape out news on ASX.
Does ASX management have to check the companies announcement material prior to issuing on ASX? If so, then there is the one inconsistency especially if they are not yellow or red carded for doing so.
All good Wilzy, towny and others just some thoughts. Big hugs and you are forgiven. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

The Pope

Regular
One I particularly like,
We expect our next

Yep, as I mentioned a few days ago, I suggested the AKIDA 2.0 could line up with the AGM meeting in May 23. Maybe just before the meeting. 😉

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

White Horse

Regular
Thank you for sharing @BienSuerte

The question still remains.

Why does ASX have 2 different rules for 2 different companies on the same type of news?

Why is it a company such as WBT able to make this news ''price sensitive'' and BRN has to put out a Twitter post/media article?

What is the standard practice? Treating 2 companies differently on the same sort of news - the way I see it is discriminatory from ASX.

Below is the WBT announcement. Once you have read it, please read the BRN media release.

( On that note, GF and CE-Leti are in partnership )

View attachment 28245
Sounds very familiar. Wonder who the FAB is.?

Weebit Nano Limited (ASX:WBT, Weebit or the Company), a leading developer of next-generation memory
technologies for the global semiconductor industry, has taped-out (released to manufacturing) demonstration
chips integrating its embedded Resistive Random-Access Memory (ReRAM) module in an advanced 22nm FD-SOI
(fully depleted silicon on insulator) process technology.

Reactions: 6 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Hi bacon,

I agree with your thoughts.
My only question is what is still the difference between the WBT and BRN tape out announcement is that BRN are playing by rules etc, that is fine and I’m sure all TSE agree with that approach being a BRN shareholder
What I would want to know is if WBT received a black mark against their name after posting their tape out news on ASX.
Does ASX management have to check the companies announcement material prior to issuing on ASX? If so, then there is the one inconsistency especially if they are not yellow or red carded for doing so.
All good Wilzy, towny and others just some thoughts. Big hugs and you are forgiven. Lol

I think what happened was we have had a huge runs over the last couple of years and retraced well too.
We have had a few Anns like NASA, Ford etc which caused massive runs after BRN was asked to ''please explain''.
We have plenty of organisations such as AFR, Motley Fools etc., their friends, other hedge funds, instos... who all would ask for a ''fair and reasonable'' market by reporting these to ASX (I say this because I know there are reporters on AFR who specialise in this sort of reporting and have listened to their side of story myself).
Unfortunately retails are not in their club so our reports will be in the bin straight away.

I believe WBT isn't having such huge volatility and is possibly flying under the radar already so they wouldn't have an issue. Their SOI is comparatively lower, at around 173 million and out of that around 34 million is with top 20. Not much room for the big guys to play around.

These are only my opinion only, dyor.

Weebit Nano Limited (ASX:WBT, Weebit or the Company), a leading developer of next-generation memory
technologies for the global semiconductor industry, has taped-out (released to manufacturing) demonstration
chips integrating its embedded Resistive Random-Access Memory (ReRAM) module in an advanced 22nm FD-SOI
Exactly 😉

Reactions: 11 users

JK200SX

Regular
One I particularly like,
We expect our next

And this is most likely the reason for the couple of immediate short term vacancies (3-6months) that BRN have advertised for.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

wasMADX

Regular
Hi MCM,

You seem disappointed by this? While I can understand that some don't like the companies choices on this, and even comparing them to WBT..... I am happy that the management are treating this company as an ASX 200 company where they don't feel the need to "ramp" it up with fluff and feed the traders and shorters of the markets.
So here is a thought, concern for those comparing WBT with BRN. How long before the shorters and manipulators realize that BRN already have a product and this 4c shows growth. Not just them but also investors that start to see BRN through different googles? Well we know that many of the shorters have already made quite the pretty penny on this "meem :)" stock and sooner or later they are going to have to buy back many many millions of shares, before their profits disappear in an instant something big appears!
So they cash in and they are cashed up where do they look for their next big short? Well they may just look at another tech stock that does like to throw around ASX announcements like they are free and a marketing tool. WBT? Lets have a quick look how close WBT are coming to BRN in regards to MC, shall we?

View attachment 28254
In the big picture, there really isn't a huge gap in the 2 companies MC. However we are a Meem stock? We are the company that gets all the MF articles etc etc. Why? Because the ASX is a corrupt wasteland? Hey I'm not saying they are, just posing a question? I know if I shorted stocks, I believe one of these companies would be riper for the picking than the another. One ramps every chance they get, the other has already been shorter to hell. Short term ( 2 years) who are the more likely to deserve a $2-5 billion MC? Will WBT even have sales by then?

So yes we can compare in many ways, but I'm more than happy with the team at BRN. They are calm on the surface but what we don't see is what's happening under the calmness, but we are starting to see. IMO of course. I'm giddy.
View attachment 28253

disclaimer, I had more than $1.2 Million in my super just in BRN, it's now under $350k, so I know the pain of loss, while I'm still well in the green, it doesn't necessarily hurt less, but I'm still gidddy :) (sorry to those holding WBT, just an example that others were using as a comparison.)
WOW. Great presentation. Did you use ChatGPT to assist?

Reactions: 1 users

RobjHunt

Regular
Great response. Thanks Tony and thanks @BienSuerte for posting. I do think most of it has been said before but it seems to need to keep repeating. All Tony missed out was......patience grasshopper......
No, just a good old fashioned…
Pantene 😉

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 5.25.21 pm.png

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users
Top Bottom