BRN Discussion Ongoing

Hmmm ok. Back in 3 months 😂🤣😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Exactly, unfortunately I don’t see twitter, luckily I have the 1000 eyes watching it, so when I get the chance I see what’s happening. But how many don’t ever see any of this information?
Exactly the same as you db.... If our team of DJ's (Dot joiners) hadn't posted this info on tse I wouldn't have known any different, I would love to have seen this as a 'good old fashioned' ;)ASX announcement!! .... Tell him he's dreaming! :love:
Oh well apart from all that it is very exciting news 🙏

GO BRN

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
@alwaysgreen we only need news like we had with Mercedes to kick off again imo. The news to keep the share price up and increase would imo be an offical market announcement with a big name company.
I honestly don't think it would have the same effect as the Merc announcement did in this current climate. The market was flying when that announcement was made. Look at the Intel partnership. Barely caused a blip on the SP. Shorters are in complete control right now (as they are with many pre revenue stocks atm).

We need licenses and revenue. Fingers crossed the sales team can sign up a few in the next 8 weeks before this quarter is over.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Who said anything about my making a quick buck. Obviously you only read that sentence and took it straight out of context. I could say a lot here that would be seen as defamatory, but I wont.
I have been holding BRN for many years and certainly never intended selling as the intention was always for dividends down the track.
I am a normally very positive healthy person, to the extent that I was even competing in the swimming at the PanPacs on the Gold Coast late last year. Now however, as I was saying before somtimes situations can change. I now find I have to have a serious operation, so am selling both my cars, as I wil not be able to drive. I also will not be able to work for somtime either. So I guess in your eyes that that is being seen as going into an investment looking for a quick buck.
I hope everything works out positively for you.
Like you I'm injured, off work for long time with neck problem, and was hoping BRN would be the answer to not working again (or having the choice when and where to work) That looked the reality this time last year!!!! Fingers crossed BRN can get some market traction this year and share price follows this trajectory. Good luck with the op .

• Love
Reactions: 33 users
A couple of interesting jobs up on the Brainchip website, maybe in relation to the rollout of Akida 2.0:

Project Manager - Temporary Assignment 3-6 months

Technical Recruiter – Contractor - 6 months assignment

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Shadow59

Regular
I hope everything works out positively for you.
Like you I'm injured, off work for long time with neck problem, and was hoping BRN would be the answer to not working again (or having the choice when and where to work) That looked the reality this time last year!!!! Fingers crossed BRN can get some market traction this year and share price follows this trajectory. Good luck with the op .
I hope things work out well for you soon too.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Tuliptrader

Regular
Global Foundries is pretty cosy with US defence departments.

U.S. Department of Defense Partners with GlobalFoundries to Manufacture Secure Chips at Fab 8 in Upstate New York​

February 15, 2021
Now fully ITAR compliant, GF’s most advanced manufacturing facility will produce semiconductor solutions for the nation’s most sensitive defense and aerospace applications
Malta, N.Y., February 15, 2021GlobalFoundries® (GF®), the world’s leading specialty foundry, today announced a strategic partnership with the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) to provide a secure and reliable supply of semiconductor solutions manufactured at GF’s Fab 8 in Malta, New York — the company’s most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facility. These semiconductor chips will be used in some of the DoD’s most sensitive applications for land, air, sea, and space systems.
Under the agreement, GF will provide a supply of chips built at Fab 8 on its differentiated 45nm SOI platform. The agreement is made possible by Fab 8’s compliance with U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and highly restrictive Export Control Classification Numbers under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
The new supply agreement builds upon the longstanding partnership between the DoD and GF to provide chips for defense, aerospace, and other sensitive applications. GF currently supplies the DoD with chips manufactured at GF’s other on-shore facilities, Fab 10 in East Fishkill, New York, and Fab 9 in Burlington, Vermont.
“GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a critical part of a domestic semiconductor manufacturing industry that is a requirement for our national security and economic competitiveness,” said Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, who successfully passed new federal semiconductor manufacturing incentives in last year’s National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). “I have long advocated for GLOBALFOUNDRIES as a key supplier of chips to our military and intelligence community, including pressing the new Secretary of Defense, Lloyd Austin, to further expand the Department of Defense’s business with GLOBALFOUNDRIES, which will help expand their manufacturing operations and create even more jobs in Malta.”
In a supporting statement from the U.S. Department of Defense, “This agreement with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is just one step the Department of Defense is taking to ensure the U.S. sustains the microelectronics manufacturing capability necessary for national and economic security. This is a pre-cursor to major efforts contemplated by the recently passed CHIPS for America Act, championed by Senator Charles Schumer, which will allow for the sustainment and on-shoring of U.S. microelectronics capability.”
“GLOBALFOUNDRIES thanks Senator Schumer for his leadership, his ongoing support of our industry, and his forward-looking perspective on the semiconductor supply chain,” said Tom Caulfield, CEO of GF. “We are proud to strengthen our longstanding partnership with the U.S. government, and extend this collaboration to produce a new supply of these important chips at our most advanced facility, Fab 8, in upstate New York. We are taking action and doing our part to ensure America has the manufacturing capability it needs, to meet the growing demand for U.S. made, advanced semiconductor chips for the nation’s most sensitive defense and aerospace applications.”
The first chips from this new agreement are targeted to begin delivery in 2023. GF is in ongoing discussions with the DoD regarding Trusted Accreditation for Fab 8.
GF employs nearly 3,000 people at Fab 8, and has invested more than $13 billion in the facility. The company recently announced a land purchase option to provide additional flexibility to expand Fab 8’s footprint to support growing demand from the U.S. government and industry customers. In total, GF employs more than 7,000 people across the U.S., and over the past 10 years has invested $15 billion in U.S. semiconductor development.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users

Tuliptrader

Regular
The AKD1500 uses the latest features of BrainChip’s extremely energy-efficient, event-based, Akida™ AI IP in combination with the GlobalFoundries’ ultra-low leakage, proprietary FDX™ process technology platform, to deliver an ideal solution for always-on, at-sensor applications or other low-power embedded applications in AIoT, industrial, consumer and automotive markets.

FDX™ FD-SOI​

GF’s proprietary FDX™ process technology platform, based on fully-depleted silicon-on-insulator (FD-SOI) technology, is incredibly well-suited for efficient single-chip integration of digital and analog signals, delivering cost-effective performance for connected and low-power embedded applications. In addition, a full range of features such as ultra-low-power (ULP), ultra-low leakage (ULL), RF and mmWave, embedded magnetoresistive random access memory (MRAM) and automotive qualification makes the FDX process technology platform especially well-matched for IoT/wireless, 5G (including mmWave), automotive radar, and satellite communications applications.
  • Integrate up to 5 chips into one die (RF FE, power management, audio, edge AI computing, sensor hub and WiFi/Bluetooth combo – for TWS applications (True Wireless Stereo)
  • Performance/Power ratio:
    • Up to 50% more performance
    • Up to 70% lower power
    • (NOTE: All data as compared to bulk 22nm CMOS process)
  • The industry’s most complete FD-SOI ecosystem (over 30 IP vendors, ~500 IP titles and ~10 design services partners)
TT

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
globalfoundries 22nm fdsoi
Screenshot_20230130-132049_Drive.jpg

I smell something

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I waited thinking that someone else would post this but is no one else excited about a Korean (based ... perhaps ???) sales executive? I think that's fairly significant. And I'm sure it isn't the same as saying we hired an Irish rep, or a Jamaican rep, or a Czech rep. I think that means someone who is spending > 50% of their time in Korea. Now, let's start peeling that onion.
dippY

Why peel an onion, when you can just chomp straight into it. SamsYUM!

Ygg2Mb.gif

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 1.25.09 pm.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Steve10

Regular
Interesting Global Foundries announcement by BRN.

In some other news:

2 minute read August 9, 20221:47 AM GMT+10Last Updated 6 months ago

Qualcomm to spend $4.2 billion more on chips from GlobalFoundries​

Aug 8 (Reuters) - Qualcomm (QCOM.O) agreed to buy an additional $4.2 billion in semiconductor chips from GlobalFoundries's (GFS.O) New York factory, bringing its total commitment to $7.4 billion in purchases through 2028, according to a filing released Monday.

The announcement expands on a prior $3.2 billion purchasing agreement between the two companies and will produce chips for use in 5G transceivers, Wi-Fi, automotive and Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity.

U.S. chipmaker Qualcomm, which specializes in mobile phone chips, was one of GlobalFoundries' first customers to sign a long-term agreement in 2021, covering multiple geographies and technologies, according to a press release published by the firms.

GlobalFoundries Chief Executive Thomas Caulfield said in a statement that having Qualcomm as a long-term customer of its upstate New York factory would help, along with federal and state funding, to expand the company's U.S. manufacturing footprint.

The U.S. Senate last month passed sweeping legislation to subsidise the domestic semiconductor industry, providing about $52 billion in government subsidies for semiconductor production and an investment tax credit for chip plants estimated to be worth $24 billion. read more

"With major new federal incentives for microchip manufacturing in the United States, I look forward to many more announcements like this to come," said Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer.

The European Union has also eased funding rules for innovative semiconductor plants to boost its chip industry and cut dependence on U.S. and Asian suppliers.

Intel and GlobalFoundries have announced expansion plans on both continents to benefit from the subsidies, with GlobalFoundries partnering with STMicroelectronics (STM.BN) to build a $5.7 billion semiconductor factory in France. read more

The announcement came as the heads of GlobalFoundries, Applied Materials (AMAT.O) and carmakers Ford Motor and General Motors Co (GM.N) were set to meet at a closed-door summit with U.S. government officials on Monday to discuss administration plans to invest in semiconductors. read more

GlobalFoundries is the world's third-largest foundry by revenue behind Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (2330.TW) and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd , but ranks second when stripping out Samsung's foundry business that makes chips for other elements of the South Korean firm.

The company, which is majority owned by Abu Dhabi's sovereign wealth fund Mubadala Investment Co (MUDEV.UL), raised $2.6 billion in an initial public offering last year on the Nasdaq.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

skutza

Regular
Damn, my order at .625 is still sitting there. Looks like I may have missed out. All good, got plenty there. You never know when those manipulators decide to turn things around.

Reactions: 5 users

Fox151

Regular
Have I missed it? Why isn't anyone here talking about BrainChip Tapes Out AKD1500 Chip in GlobalFoundries 22nm FD SOI Process??

Reactions: 8 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Steve10 ,

Be interesting if Abu Dhabis Sovereign Wealth fund , Mubadala Investment Co . Poppsup on our share registry.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

TopCat

Regular

Highlighting the signficant shift in the automotive semiconductor supply chain, Ford has signed a ground-breaking deal to buy chips directly from foundry GlobalFoundries in the US that could well lead to it buying an ASIC design house.

The strategic collaboration aims to advance semiconductor manufacturing and technology development within the US and boost chip supplies for Ford and the US automotive industry. This follows suggestions by General Motors that it also would buy chips directly.

• Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Shadow59

Regular
Have I missed it? Why isn't anyone here talking about BrainChip Tapes Out AKD1500 Chip in GlobalFoundries 22nm FD SOI Process??
Has it been mentioned on the ASX as an announcement? Anywhere? Anyone who has shares in BRN (mostly) hold them on the ASX.
Making an announcement through places like Newswire or tweeting does not reach everyone invested in BRN! Whereas an announcement through the ASX should reach most people. This is where it should be!

Edit: Sorry I'm being very negative today. It will be different tomorrow.

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks wilzy. Yep it’s there but could also do it as a seperate announcement just like when Akida 1000 was done (my recall). Different ways to communicate good news etc and why have to read through a 8 page report. WBT consider tape outs as a seperate announcement (milestone) just so investors don’t miss it. All good, just different from my point of view only.
Maybe we got a yellow card for the Ford incident.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

toasty

Regular
globalfoundries 22nm fdsoi
View attachment 28237
I smell something
I agree. TSMC handled the first iteration of Akida and established a partnership with us to promote/sell our product. Now a change of horse, mid race as it were, to Global Foundries. Things that make you go "hmmm". Maybe something to do with these??

Its also interesting that GF took legal action against TSMC in 2019 for patent infringement. No love lost between the 2 obviously, so the likelhood of a tripartite relationship seems unlikely.

Might be drawing some long bows here so better DYOR.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Harwig

Regular
I would like to say, I have invested in this company having done due diligence and am pleased with the 4C they released. It shows steady growth built on strategy and skilled business acumen. I not only have approached my investment in Brainchip from an analytical perspective but also a modicum of faith. Happy am I for I have few wants and wealthy am I for I have patience,

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users
Top Bottom