BRN Discussion Ongoing

TechGirl

Founding Member
Great article

BrainChip, Prophesee to deliver “neuromorphic” event-based vision systems for OEMs​

Computer-Vision

Computer-Vision
BrainChip, a neuromorphic computing IP vendor, and Prophesee, an embedded neuromorphic vision systems vendor, have partnered to deliver advanced event-based vision systems with integrated low-power technology coupled with high AI performance.

The collaboration will enable enterprise customers to explore edge artificial intelligence use cases with neuromorphic vision systems. Neuromorphic systems function in a way not unlike how living brains function. As such, they are better for different tasks than one generally would feed to artificial-intelligence algorithms. The systems process individual real-world data samples immediately with low latency and power consumption.

Paris-based Prophesee has developed advanced neuromorphic vision systems through their patented sensor design and AI algorithms. Event-based vision systems are expected to take over the traditional frame-based approach to make machine vision more accessible and practical for developers.

“We have successfully ported the data from Prophesee’s neuromorphic-based camera sensor to process inference on Akida with high performance,” said Anil Mankar, co-founder and CDO of BrainChip. “This combination of machine vision sensors with Akida’s ability to process data with improved efficiency, precision and energy-efficient at the point of acquisition advances state-of-the-art AI enablement and offers manufacturers ready-to-implement solutions.”

What is an event-based vision?​

The research to evaluate human vision capabilities have taken a big leap over the last couple of years. Existing research shows that humans can gather data from a scene that is changing at a rate of up to 1000 times a second. However, this information is encoded, which is likely impossible for fixed frame-rate cameras to observe using the typical 60 frames per second that high-quality cameras record.

To change this paradigm, event-based sensing has garnered attention. Event-based vision systems rely on each pixel to sense significant change and reduce the recording of redundant data to save processing power, memory and other associated resources.

Basically, event-based vision systems are inspired by the way the human eye works; this miniature vision system enables efficient streaming of visual data for real-time analytics. This vision system has enabled enterprises and manufacturers to track high-speed moving objects, which is far from the capabilities of standard fixed frame-rate cameras. Neuromorphic vision system vendors are developing efficient and advanced machine learning algorithms to achieve higher temporal resolution and lower latency.

Prophesee is known for developing an event-based vision solutions ecosystem that comes with software and hardware integration to enable developers to build advanced used cases for a wide range of markets. Prophesee built 4-sensor generations, with the latest coming from the collaboration between Sony and Prophesee. The Metavision evaluation kit is designed for field testing conditions supported by an IMX636ES sensor inside a 30x30x36 mm box weighing 40 grams.
On the software side of the event-based vision ecosystem, Prophesee’s Metavision Intelligence Suite covers the whole development process from discovery to prototyping and end-application. The software suite provides 95 AI algorithms, 67 code samples and 11 ready-to-use applications. The open-source architecture gives the flexibility to “unlocking full interoperability between software and hardware devices.”

The partnership between BrainChip and Prophesee will give the market more commercially available neuromorphic vision systems for potential applications in autonomous vehicular systems, industrial automation, IoT, security, surveillance, retail automation, and AR/VR.

“By combining Prophesee’s Metavision solution with Akida-based IP, we are better able to deliver a complete high-performance and low-power solution to OEMs looking to leverage edge-based visual technologies as part of their product offerings,” said Luca Verre, CEO and co-founder of Prophesee.”

BrainChip recently announced a collaboration with Edge Impulse to address the growing demands for training AI workloads and inference deployments for large-scale edge AI applications. BrainChip also partnered with RISC-V founding member SiFive to work on deploying edge AI chips for optimized AI/ML compute at the edge.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 67 users

Dhm

Regular
Greetings from Islay in Scotland! I’m about to go in for a guided tour of the Bowmore whiskey distillery, so I thought I’d publish this whilst I’m still sober!

I am hearing from multiple sources like the John Deere video just a few posts ago, through the excited Renesas videos, through the Prophesee announcements, through MegaChips announcements, Nviso announcements, through a number of robotics and auto announcements, through the repeated ubiquitous phrases, and I could go on and on. Most of these media repeats are in the PRESENT tense, and that hints at already booked and banked revenue. As Sean stated, “look at the numbers” so there could be a nice surprise in late July when the 4C is announced. Even if those numbers aren’t all we were expecting, the amount of unignorable evidence points to a HOLD FIRM edict. Last quarters revenue figures weren’t much to celebrate, yet the SP held firm. What will it do in late July??

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 59 users
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Greetings from Isley in Scotland! I’m about to go in for a guided tour of the Bowmore whiskey distillery, but I digress.

I am hearing from multiple sources like the John Deere video just a few posts ago, through the excited Renesas videos, through the Prophesee announcements, through MegaChips announcements, Nviso announcements, through a number of robotics and auto announcements, through the repeated ubiquitous phrases, and I could go on and on. Most of these media repeats are in the PRESENT tense, and that hints at already booked and banked revenue. As Sean stated, “look at the numbers” so there could be a nice surprise in late July when the 4C is announced. Even if those numbers aren’t all we were expecting, the amount of unignorable evidence points to a HOLD FIRM edict. Last quarters revenue figures weren’t much to celebrate, yet the SP held firm. What will it do in late July??
All depends what a royalties are worth ?

Reactions: 1 users
Not ASIO but by any chance did you complete this test a few years ago. I passed it several times. https://studyworkgrow.com.au/2019/10/24/interactive-online-spy-test/
Test has been removed now
No,

Funnily enough I did a psychology/personality test today: just for fun. I love that type of stuff, looking inwards and learning!

Despite my wanting to retire I am quite happy and content with my job. Pays ok, it’s interesing, sometimes exciting, I like puzzles, and I’m quite experienced at it that I could mostly do it in my sleep. There’s not much that can surprise me any more. It can also be rewarding when I get a good result!

So I’ll be staying where I am until I retire.

The only reason I’d take up another job after that was if there was something I was really passionate about. I’m jealous of PVDM to be able to pursue his lifetime interest. Not that he doesn’t deserve it; he’s worked hard and taken risks to achieve what he has. Good on him!

My impatients to retire is that I want to travel, explore and have adventures before I get too old that age/health becomes an issue.
I had one close work collegue in my office of 2 retire at 60 and sadly died at 62: so I don’t want to be that person.

Brainchip is my shot at early retirement. If I can hold my nerve for 5 years (which shouldn’t be difficult) that will see me until 55 and I’ll have enough to live off of until I’m 60 and can touch my super. If my employer allows me to put some of my super into Brainchip via a SMSF and it goes as I’m expected then I am hopeful it will be a done deal. I can retire at 55, live extremely well and set my adult children up (not that they need it but the boost would be great).

This is why I’m on this site daily, reading, learning and making sure I’m up to date with whats going on.

Great work Zeebot…. and thanks so much to all the contributors.

Future looks great.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 57 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Thanks for the memories TechGirl,

'It is already working in Europe with T2M, and in discussion with partners in Japan, China and Israel.'

So, does any one know what's happen to T2M ip.
Its a private semiconductor solution company, can't find much about it. Is Brainchip still working with them?

View attachment 9740
Learning
Its great to be a shareholder.
I got a response from investors relation regarding my question with T2M.

Since no other announcement were made after the initial announcement in early 2020. As it stand. Just assume the partnership between Brainchip and T2M still remain 😎😎😎.

Its great to be a shareholder.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️

T2M Overview​

T2M is the world’s largest independent Global Technology Business Development Company, working with clients to deliver complex system level Technologies, Semiconductor IP Cores, SW, Turnkey Design Services, KGD, SoC and Disruptive Technologies to the market, accelerating its customer's product development.

T2M’s comprehensive Complex Technology Portfolio targets the communications and consumer markets, accelerating customer development of IoT, Wearables, Cellular, STB, TV, RCU, Smart Lighting, Smart Home, Smart Medical & Audio products.

T2M’s broad range of Semiconductor IP Cores & SW are silicon proven and ready to license. Comprising of System level solutions of pre-integrated Analog, Phy, RF transceivers, Digital Controllers, Interfaces & SW for accelerating product design in key technology segments. Technologies including Audio, Bluetooth, WiFi, ZigBee, 4G, 5G, GNSS, DVB / ISDB / DTMB Demodulators/Modulators, Video Decoders/Encoders, USB / MIPI / HDMI / DP / Ethernet, pre-integrated Phys & Controllers.

T2M was founded in 2010, located in key tech clusters around the world, our senior management team provides local access to leadership technology from tier 1 technology companies to accelerate your product development.

It's great to be a shareholder.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
No,

Funnily enough I did a psychology/personality test today: just for fun. I love that type of stuff, looking inwards and learning!

Despite my wanting to retire I am quite happy and content with my job. Pays ok, it’s interesing, sometimes exciting, I like puzzles, and I’m quite experienced at it that I could mostly do it in my sleep. There’s not much that can surprise me any more. It can also be rewarding when I get a good result!

The only reason I’d take up another job after that was if there was something I was really passionate about. I’m jealous of PVDM to be able to pursue his lifetime interest. Not that he doesn’t deserve it; he’s worked hard and taken risks to achieve what he has. Good on him!

My impatients to retire is that I want to travel, explore and have adventures before I get too old that age/health becomes an issue.
I had one close work collegue in my office of 2 retire at 60 and sadly died at 62: so I don’t want to be that person.

Brainchip is my shot at early retirement. If I can hold my nerve for 5 years (which shouldn’t be difficult) that will see me until 55 and I’ll have enough to live off of until I’m 60 and can touch my super. If my employer allows me to put some of my super into Brainchip via a SMSF and it goes as I’m expected then I am hopeful it will be a done deal. I can retire at 55, live extremely well and set my adult children up (not that they need it but the boost would be great).

This is why I’m on this site daily, reading, learning and making sure I’m up to date with whats going on.

Future looks great.
Mate seriously what share price do you expect in 5 years

Reactions: 1 users
No,

Future looks great.
Maybe their are some other eyes watching the 1000 eyes 👁️:ROFLMAO: :oops:
Glad to hear you are happy and content in your current position makes it less seem like work that way very fortunate mate.
Very sad to hear that about your work collegue, life is such an ass at times and that's putting it lightly. I definitely think we are on a winner here and your early retirement plan will come to fruition. look forward to the day were we all can meet up and have a good yarn about brainchip and the life changing effects it's had for holders and industries across the world. ( I should have escaped Guantanamo Bay by then) ;)

In the words of Cpt Spock: Live long and prosper 🖖

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

GpHiggsBoson

Regular

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Getupthere

Regular

ASX stocks to watch if the economy enters a recession: Woolworths, ANZ and BrainChip​

MongiIG
Entry posted by MongiIG in Market News · Tuesday at 23:08
As the recession concern spreads across the financial market, which sectors and stocks have the potential to demonstrate their resilience? Today we are looking at three ASX stocks.
1655775940489.jpg
Source: Bloomberg

Indices Shares Price Woolworths Supermarkets Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Dividend
Hebe Chen | Market Analyst, Melbourne | Publication date: Tuesday 21 June 2022
Concern over the recession is rapidly spreading across the global financial market and the market is responding in a determinedly pessimistic way. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq are trapped in a bear market with the Dow Jones following and the ASX 200 had the worst fortnight as the index tumbled down 11% in June.
The stock market has historically managed to show strong resilience in difficult times as stocks outperformed the S&P 500 but the question this time is, which sectors and stocks have the potential to demonstrate this strength again?
Today, we look at three ASX sectors.

Consumer Staple: Woolworths​

The Woolworths Group Ltd share price has been down by more than 16% from early May. Apart from the headwinds from the macroeconomic environment, the top-one household name in Australia is facing challenges.
First is the shift in consumer behaviour during this extremely inflationary period. The rising prices are penetrating every aspect of people's lives from groceries to building materials, lettuce to strawberries, and more importantly, home loan repayments. Hence, it’s foreseeable that average households will adjust their purchasing behaviour for a tightening budget and as such, the lower-price players in the market, like Aldi, would be ready to squeeze market shares from Woolworths.
Second is the rising cost for Woolworths in general. The supermarket business recently announced price freezes on several Woolworths brand products including flour, sugar, vinegar, oats, eggs, tea, and pasta. While it may be good news for consumers and marketing, this means the company must digest the rising cost out of its own pocket. In addition, Woolworths will also have a higher wage bill as wages increase nationwide. Generally, higher costs could reduce profitability, which in turn will impact the Woolworths share price.
Finally, a key uncertainty for the future comes from the supermarket's latest acquisition deal in which Woolworths announced last month to buy an 80% stake in MyDeal for around $218 million.
Although it makes sense for the supermarket chain to penetrate the online battlefield, MyDeal’s performance during the past two years does not look like a guarantee for success. Technically speaking, the stock price for Woolworths is now landing at its bottom for the past 20 months and the descending tunnel is pointing to the next support level at around $32. On the flip side, the prominent resistance pressure will come from the level around $33.5.

Woolworths daily chart​

1655779865648.png Source: IG

Finance Sector: ANZ​

The Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd share price has fallen by approximately 17% over the last month and slipped to its lowest level since November 2020.
In theory, higher interest rates would be in favour by banks while lifting their net interest margins and net profit after tax, and that in turn could benefit their share prices. However, the reality is much more complicated.
First, higher interest rates are poised to hurt the real estate and home loan market as seen in the past two months where the clearance rate in the major capital cities of Australia has dropped by more than 10%. Second, higher interest rates could hurt the bank with potential higher debts and the banking share’s long-term advantage for dividend lovers will lose its shine as a rising return from the fixed income will make their dividend yields less appealing.
Considering how far the ANZ share price has dropped, is the current valuation and dividend yield too good to ignore as a long-term treasury?
Based on the comparison below, it’s safe to say that the ANZ is a great choice if investors are looking into the banking sector by the key measures: better value for the price, highest dividend yield and outstanding earnings performance per share. From a vertical comparison, its PE ratio now sits at the lower end, well below both the average (13.93) and media (12.85) figure.
1655787898718.png
Source: IG
From a technical point of view, the price is seeking support from $20.74 currently while the oversold RSI print may slow the downward pace for the near term, the long-term bear momentum remains intact.

ANZ monthly chart​

1655780586918.png Source: IG

ANZ weekly chart​

1655780618374.JPG Source: IG

Technology sector: BrainChip​

BrainChip had been on a rollercoaster this year. Its share price experienced some freefalling moments with a more than a 15% decline in contrast to great times when the price jumped up more than 5% in consecutive days. However, despite tumbling from its peak early this year, the BrainChip share price is still up 60% over the last 12 months.
The Australian artificial intelligence (AI) technology company has gained a lot of attention since the company was accepted into the Arm AI Partner Program last month. The global leading AI program will enable BrainChip to access Akida, the world’s first commercial neuromorphic AI accelerator, to foster the development of world-class AI products and applications. Although the company is yet to generate much revenue, that doesn’t stop the investor from associating the company with massive potential in the future.
According to the daily chart, the price just managed to break out from the descending trend line since the end of May and an attempt to touch the 20 days-moving average has failed on the first try but is set to the critical watch point for the next couple of days.
If the price has overcome the imminent resistance around $1.0, the level of 1.05 will be the next destination. On the flip side, the previous trendline should be able to stop or at least pause the decline at $0.83.

BrainChip daily chart​

1655781174802.png Source: IG
Take your position on over 13,000 local and international shares via CFDs or share trading – and trade it all seamlessly from the one account. Learn more about share CFDs or shares trading with us, or open an account to get started today.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
Mate seriously what share price do you expect in 5 years

$10 will be plenty. I’d prefer it to be $20 but $10 will do. Anything more is a bonus!

I watched NVX go from $2.5 to $10 in 12 months on hope.

SYA go from 3c to 43c in 12 months on expectation.

LKE go from 12c to a $1 in 12 months on promies.

Brainchip has the biggest runway of them all.

When the chip was released, results better than expectations BRN was de-risked.

When I watched the Valeo presentation it showed hope, promise and expectation all in one night.

When Mercedes did their big reveal S#!t got real.

In my opinion there is so much in the pipeline this stock could easily exceed my expectations because the possible revenues are massive!

I am buying as much as I can without putting too much stress on my immediate financials so I’m not worried about the short term. That’s when you run into trouble/stress and worry about the daily price: I currently don’t care about the daily price as I’m not planning to sell a Jatz cracker until Valeo have been selling their Scala 3 Lidar’s for a year or two, and then I’ll re-assess.

Sean Hehir’s speech at the AGM said it all. He did his due diligence and took the job on. He is a competitor who likes to win.

He hasn’t taken the role as a CEO of a company that he thought would fail.

When I’ve seen all the companies below the waterline of the iceberg be known above the waterline and selling their products the SP will be awesome. So my $10 price I think is quite realistic!

Cheers all!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 80 users
Lol, I had the boss of ASIO looking at me a while back! I think/hope they’re a shareholder!

😳

I made a mistake before. I was too general and off the cuff and didn’t check who the person was looking at my profile when I made the above statement. I was going on memory and got it wrong. I need to correct the record as I like to be as accurate as I honestly can. Sorry about that.

1656164208170.png

Funnily enough I’m not that interesting so they would have been very disappointed!

:)

Brainchip’s the real story here!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
I made a mistake before. I was too general and off the cuff and didn’t check who the person was looking at my profile when I made the above statement. I was going on memory and got it wrong. I need to correct the record as I like to be as accurate as I honestly can. Sorry about that.

View attachment 10154

Funnily enough I’m not that interesting so they would have been very disappointed!

:)

Brainchip’s the real story here!
It's too late now🙈🙉🙊
Asio use key word spotting

• Love
  • Love
interesting.jpg
interesting2.JPG
fry.jpg
:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
$10 will be plenty. I’d prefer it to be $20 but $10 will do. Anything more is a bonus!

I watched NVX go from $2.5 to $10 in 12 months on hope.

SYA go from 3c to 43c in 12 months on expectation.

LKE go from 12c to a $1 in 12 months on promies.

Brainchip has the biggest runway of them all.

When the chip was released, results better than expectations BRN was de-risked.

When I watched the Valeo presentation it showed hope, promise and expectation all in one night.

When Mercedes did their big reveal S#!t got real.

In my opinion there is so much in the pipeline this stock could easily exceed my expectations because the possible revenues are massive!

I am buying as much as I can without putting too much stress on my immediate financials so I’m not worried about the short term. That’s when you run into trouble/stress and worry about the daily price: I currently don’t care about the daily price as I’m not planning to sell a Jatz cracker until Valeo have been selling their Scala 3 Lidar’s for a year or two, and then I’ll re-assess.

Sean Hehir’s speech at the AGM said it all. He did his due diligence and took the job on. He is a competitor who likes to win.

He hasn’t taken the role as a CEO of a company that he thought would fail.

When I’ve seen all the companies below the waterline of the iceberg be known above the waterline and selling their products the SP will be awesome. So my $10 price I think is quite realistic!

Cheers all!
I think your 10 dollar price is way too cheap. we got to $2.34 on mercedes news I can just imagine what price would hit when revenue come from an Ip deal with them. Then add all the other goodies coming our way. I say 20 bucks minimum in the future.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Pappagallo

Regular
Hi @DingoBorat & @Diogenese

I have enjoyed your discussion but you both have fallen under the economic rationalists spell.

If you put a value on human life as opposed to valuing human life and every living creature then the cost of maintaining a healthy environment capable of sustaining life can be an economic argument.

For example a human life is worth $1.00 solution ‘x’ costs $2.00 not economically viable.

Human life is worth $1.00 solution ‘y’ costs 50 cents saving 50 cents economically viable.

This is the economic rationalist approach to the debate around solutions it has to be economically viable.

On the basis of this approach in 20 billion years extra terrestrial life will call by Earth and find a time capsule in which will be a letter addressed to To: ‘Whoever might find this’ stating:

“We the former governments and its inhabitants of this planet we named Earth are now extinct.

Our extinction was an economic decision as the cost of continuing to exist as a species did not make economic sense and would have involved the taking on of debt and not being able create a balanced budget.

We opened a tender process to the market however private enterprise was unable to find a sustainable business model that made it economically feasible to save humanity.

Accordingly the only sensible economic decision was to wind up the business of humanity here on Earth.”

There was a time before the economic enlightenment when governments took on the uneconomic provision of services to the populous because it was believed that is why governments existed.

The people expected that the postal service, public transport, the supply of power, sewerage, water, roads, health care would never be profitable and should be provided to all people by government regardless of politics.

The present debate around climate and economically viable solutions is macabre in the extreme.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Great post but ET will have to get a wriggle on because the Sun is set to supernova well before 20 Billion AD.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I think your 10 dollar price is way too cheap. we got to $2.34 on mercedes news I can just imagine what price would hit when revenue come from an Ip deal with them. Then add all the other goodies coming our way. I say 20 bucks minimum in the future.

I like to be conservative!

My motto is to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

😀

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom