BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
I hope they give it a collapsible steering column at that photo angle the idea of being impaled by that steering wheel is rather frightening. That aside they have a lot of personality that no longer is bestowed by wind tunnel engineering.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
With a straight 6, I don't spose there was much of a crumple zone either.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Harwig

Regular
Not a problem, if you're making fuel from it and not trying to store it 😛

Recycling carbon, which is basically recycling energy.

Nothing wrong with using it, if you recycle it.

How will all the battery tech, lithium etc, be recycled? 🤔
Lithium Australia. Battery recycling. Has contract for recycling Bunnings batteries etc I believe.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Gotta ask

How old are you?
Biologically, Chronologically or Mentally? 🤔

A lady never divulges her age!

But since I'm a man..
Virtually 52 laps this year..

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users
Hi @DingoBorat
The following is unlikely to change your view of politicians but gives a whole new flavour to the type of corruption that exists across politics, industry, superannuation and the markets:

If you are line ball on whether to have your own Self Managed Super Fund this might tip the balance.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Both interesting and typical.

The people best placed to see the problems are often those working within the organisation: in this case superannuation systems; however to make those changes and improvements will see them lose income; so they ignore the problems and refuse to make the changes.

Working for a government organisation I often see issues which need fixing; we are all duty bound to fight corruption, financial waste, mal-administration etc. However by bringing up the problem it puts a target on your back ”As the problem.”

The larger the organisation the harder it is to make changes; they just aren’t nimble enough to address change when required. Therefore I was pleased to hear that issue brought up during the AGM: that Brainchip isn’t too big or proud to identify issues and make changes as required to accomplish goals and targets.

I’ve been my area’s workplace safety and also consultative committe representative and to be honest after 3 years of ”Disagreements” with management it was relief when my tenure was completed as it wears you down.

I thought by approaching mangagement with both a problem and solution was the best way to tackle issues but the solution always had to be checked through an extensive range of hierachy that a simple issue would take 6-12 months to address and as a result of having different bodies involved it becomes a blame game. Anything complex and forget about it!

A classic example is the fire/explosion/electrical issues with electronic vehicles. The new Tesla runs on 450V DC. 50V DC will kill you!

During a vehicle collision the battery/wiring etc has potential to be damaged. Obviously there are safeguards built in but as a result of a collison there is still a risk to occupants/first responders/bystanders.

Also once batteries are damaged there is a risk of thermal runway and a fire/explosion. It’s been caught on cctv: vehicles igniting up to 3 days later after a collision due to thermal runway of damaged batteries. Therefore wherever a damaged vehicle is stored and treated needs to be considered carefully to prevent further injury/death/property damage.

I submitted the appropriate reports to have this issue addressed so there is awareness/training/safeguards put in place for the Emergency Services: Fire/Ambulance/Police/SES. Even pointing them to practices in America as they have a larger uptake of EV’s at than us. 12 months later and all I hear is crickets! It won’t be until there is a fatal event and a Coronial enquiry with recommendations that it will become a hot topic.
If that occurs I’ll be lined up to give evidence to say ”I told you so” so that the injured/deceased family can recieve some ”Justice” by way of compensation!

Just one example of many.

As a seperate issue I’ve email the Minister in charge of my area in relation to my superannuation and the reply was that although he’s my Minister it is Treasury I need to deal with as they manage Superannuation. So much for my Minister advocating for me: Typical handball. I’ll now be working on the Minister for Treasury however as your article above shows: it’s so hard to change systems and processes in large organisations.

My visual: The boulder represents large organisation and the running guy is trying to make the changes!

1656133625557.gif

Cheers

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
F

Filobeddo

Biologically, Chronologically or Mentally? 🤔

A lady never divulges her age!

But since I'm a man..
Virtually 52 laps this year..

😂😂 thats Very good - ‘biologically or mentally’

No wasn’t directed to your good self but instead to Dio, who I‘m assuming is 100+, but just thought I’d check

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Both interesting and typical.

The people best placed to see the problems are often those working within the organisation: in this case superannuation systems; however to make those changes and improvements will see them lose income; so they ignore the problems and refuse to make the changes.

Working for a government organisation I often see issues which need fixing; we are all duty bound to fight corruption, financial waste, mal-administration etc. However by bringing up the problem it puts a target on your back ”As the problem.”

The larger the organisation the harder it is to make changes; they just aren’t nimble enough to address change when required. Therefore I was pleased to hear that issue brought up during the AGM: that Brainchip isn’t too big or proud to identify issues and make changes as required to accomplish goals and targets.

I’ve been my area’s workplace safety and also consultative committe representative and to be honest after 3 years of ”Disagreements” with management it was relief when my tenure was completed as it wears you down.

I thought by approaching mangagement with both a problem and solution was the best way to tackle issues but the solution always had to be checked through an extensive range of hierachy that a simple issue would take 6-12 months to address and as a result of having different bodies involved it becomes a blame game. Anything complex and forget about it!

A classic example is the fire/explosion/electrical issues with electronic vehicles. The new Tesla runs on 450V DC. 50V DC will kill you!

During a vehicle collision the battery/wiring etc has potential to be damaged. Obviously there are safeguards built in but as a result of a collison there is still a risk to occupants/first responders/bystanders.

Also once batteries are damaged there is a risk of thermal runway and a fire/explosion. It’s been caught on cctv: vehicles igniting up to 3 days later after a collision due to thermal runway of damaged batteries. Therefore wherever a damaged vehicle is stored and treated needs to be considered carefully to prevent further injury/death/property damage.

I submitted the appropriate reports to have this issue addressed so there is awareness/training/safeguards put in place for the Emergency Services: Fire/Ambulance/Police/SES. Even pointing them to practices in America as they have a larger uptake of EV’s at than us. 12 months later and all I hear is crickets! It won’t be until there is a fatal event and a Coronial enquiry with recommendations that it will become a hot topic.
If that occurs I’ll be lined up to give evidence to say ”I told you so” so that the injured/deceased family can recieve some ”Justice” by way of compensation!

Just one example of many.

As a seperate issue I’ve email the Minister in charge of my area in relation to my superannuation and the reply was that although he’s my Minister it is Treasury I need to deal with as they manage Superannuation. So much for my Minister advocating for me: Typical handball. I’ll now be working on the Minister for Treasury however as your article above shows: it’s so hard to change systems and processes in large organisations.

My visual: The boulder represents large organisation and the running guy is trying to make the changes!

View attachment 10115

Cheers

subida.gif

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
😂😂 thats Very good - ‘biologically or mentally’

No wasn’t directed to your good self but instead to Dio, who I‘m assuming is 100+, but just thought I’d check
Damn, I just saw the @DingoBorat bit and jumped the gun! 😛

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

jtardif999

Regular
And yet some still do not understand the significance.

AKIDA is an insane advance over all existing Ai solutions at or near the Endpoint.

Making MCU’s SMART the way only AKIDA technology can do is a technological Revolution.

Renesas has beaten the rest of the world to the punch and when it is ready it will let slip the dogs of war upon the world and cause chaos amongst its competitors.

To become ubiquitous at the Edge it is not possible to do so without being the default standard in the MCU market. The MCU market is integral to the semiconductor technology industry.

Renesas were number one in this space and are looking to take it back.

I suspect they know much better than an anonymous poster on social media such as myself how to introduce revolutionary new SMART MCU technology to their existing global customer base and then to the general global market.

I have mentioned since early 2021 that Renesas then sat as the number 3 supplier of semiconductors to the global automotive industry in a list where Bosch ranked at number 6.

Just as Brainchip worked with Valeo and other customers during the development of AKD1000 I am confident in saying that Renesas would also work with its extensive global customer base to ensure the SMART MCU (unlike anything they have seen before) is designed to meet their customer needs and to have orders in place at the time of release.

My opinion only so ignore if you disagree and DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Exactly, and to put into context from the point of view how much this will mean to the BRN bottom line going forward let’s look at hypothetical earnings from our first contribution to Renesas taking back number 1 based on the @Rocket577 post:
The MCU market was worth 20.2 Billion USD in 2021 and 31.2 Billion units were shipped world-wide - so the average price per MCU was 65 cents US. Renesas market share of this was 17% in 2021 - that’s 3.43 Billion.
Now keeping it real, let’s suppose that if BRNs 2 nodes of Akida tech makes its way into 10% of Renesas MCU sales in the first 12 months (assuming that start is June 22), that’s ..based on last years earnings 343 Million USD and it would not be unreasonable imo that if BRN can help Renesas to be number 1 again and perhaps double their market share over time, that BRN might reasonably expect to earn let’s say 3 cents per unit sold. Now if I’m way out there then remember this is just hypothetical ponderings 😎. But since the average price per unit was 65 cents in 2021 then 3 cents of that doesn’t seem too much considering the Akida IP would be the differentiating factor right?

Therefore over the first 12 months based on this we could conceive of $343,000,000 x 3 cents in royalties (if we are in 10% of shipped units), that’s $10,240,000 by June 23 and we are almost break even just on 2 nodes and Renesas 🙏

Imagine then the 10% grows to 30% and then 50% in 24 and 25 while Renesas also doubles its market share - that’s pretty significant compounding growth just with Renesas let alone any of our other customers. AIMO.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users

M_C

Founding Member
As a result of NVISO celebrating their results with Akida I thought I’d have a look at some other BonsAPPs members. I noticed ST Microelectronics make MCU’S.

So who are ST:

This article talks about their recent income and projections.

https://www.forbes.com/companies/stmicroelectronics/?sh=33787b8e6d45

STMicroelectronics is a Franco-Italian multinational electronics and semiconductors manufacturer headquartered in Plan-les-Ouates near Geneva, Switzerland. The company resulted from the merger of two government-owned semiconductor companies in 1987: "Thomson Semiconducteurs" of France and "SGS Microelettronica" of Italy. It is commonly called "ST". While STMicroelectronics corporate headquarters and the headquarters for EMEA region are based in the Canton of Geneva, the holding company, STMicroelectronics N.V. is incorporated in the Netherlands.

The company's US headquarters is in Coppell, Texas. Headquarters for the Asia-Pacific region is in Singapore whilst Japan and Korea operations are headquartered in Tokyo. The company headquarters for the China region is in Shanghai.[2

They have their own FAB.

STMicroelectronics NV designs, develops, manufactures and markets products, which offers discrete and standard commodity components, application-specific integrated circuits, full custom devices and semi-custom devices for analog, digital and mixed-signal applications. It operates through the following segments: Automotive and Discrete Group, Analog and MEMS Group, and Microcontrollers and Digital ICs Group. The Automotive and Discrete Group segment comprises of all dedicated automotive ICs, and discrete and power transistor products. The Analog and MEMS Group segment comprises of low-power high-end analog ICs, smart power products for industrial, computer and consumer markets, touch screen controllers, low power connectivity solutions and metering solutions for smart grid and all MEMS products. The Microcontrollers and Digital ICs Group segment comprises of general purpose and secure microcontrollers, EEPROM memories, and digital ASICs. The company was founded in June 1987 and is headquartered in Plan-Les-Ouates, Switzerland.

I did go through a few pages of patents and found this one which mentioned a neural network however there was only the one reference.

https://patents.justia.com/patent/11364816

I am hopeful given their association with Bonsapp and the fact they make microcontrollers we will be hearing about Akida in their products in the future.

Cheers

Highly probable imo.................Not the first STmicro interaction I've seen

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
That's why I despise the great majority of politicians @FactFinder.
And the way the "System" works in general..

My taste in cars is a bit later than that @Diogenese, but I do love car design in general.

Some of my favorites are..
68 Firebird/Camaro, 64/68 Corvette, 70 Cuda, 61 E-Type, 68 Monaro, XU1 Torana, XA GT Falcon, E49 Charger, 64 Cooper Mini, LP400 Countach, Ferraris, Porsches, Audi R8, Superbird..

I could go on and on, but this is supposed to be about Brainchip 😛
I would be like Jay Leno, if I had the money, but I don't have that many BRN shares!

US markets were on a tear overnight.

View attachment 10107
If the shorters got any sleep at all, they didn't wake up to good news.

"Hey Nanna, please don't burn the short bread cookies again!"
View attachment 10109

An announcement of significance Monday morning and they will be several shades darker! 😊
Hey DB

That'd be nice Mon but I stumbled upon a shorters meeting this morn...think might have been chaired by MF but they do seem a bit nervy :ROFLMAO:

Nice cars list, partial to 69 Mustang Mach 1, A9X Torana, XB GT Coupe, 22B STI WRX, 308 GTB Ferrari, '80 911SC Turbo, Sierra RS500 Cosworth, E46 M3

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Hey DB

That'd be nice Mon but I stumbled upon a shorters meeting this morn...think might have been chaired by MF but they do seem a bit nervy :ROFLMAO:

Nice cars list, partial to 69 Mustang Mach 1, A9X Torana, XB GT Coupe, 22B STI WRX, 308 GTB Ferrari, '80 911SC Turbo, Sierra RS500 Cosworth, E46 M3

Between the Muppets and the cars I didn’t know whether to laugh or love but tipped over to love because of the E46 M3. 😎

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hey DB

I think the XA has it over the XB stylistically.. 😛
Not really a Ford man, but yeah some Mustangs, Torinos etc..

A nice car, is a nice car, automotive art.
But particularly like the Golden Age, of American muscle cars.

The Muppet meeting is Gold!

I don't think anyone, could come up with a more accurate depiction of them! 🤣

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Very interesting job advertised at Sony AI

Sony AI

Lead Research Scientist Machine Learning for Gastronomy​

Machine Learning
Full Time
Barcelona or Tokyo

General Information

Sony AI is seeking highly motivated, self-driven individuals with expertise in Machine Learning on structured and semi-structured data.

Weʼre currently looking for smart, enthusiastic people who want to join our team of world renowned researchers as we push the boundaries applying AI in support of human creativity.

In this role, the successful candidate will lead our groundbreaking Gastronomy flagship project.

Please see our Youtube channel for our latest Gastronomy interview series with some of the best chefs in the world:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-eJUbUU5AVi_tp75XFnDIQ

Roles and Responsibilities​

• Lead research programs applying Machine Learning to Gastronomy, Health and other structured and semi-structure domains
  • Supervise a team of research scientists and engineers
  • Investigate new algorithms and approaches to solving AI problems in Gastronomy and Health
  • Write code to support research, usually in python
  • Write reports and give presentations for internal audiences
  • Write papers for, and give presentations at academic conferences
  • Work closely with a team of AI researchers and programmers in the US, Switzerland and Japan on ambitious AI projects

Required Qualifications and Skills​

• Passion for food!
  • Background in Machine Learning (PhD in related area) and relevant work experience with a proven track record of developing working systems, academic publications, patents, and/or open source software
  • 9 or more years of experience after degree
  • Experience with graph neural networks, ranking systems, Machine Learning on graphs
  • Knowledge of biological underpinnings of sensory (taste, smell), health and nutrition aspects of food is a plus
  • Interest in working with latest artificial taste and smell sensors
  • Experience in supervising agile teams
  • A track record of implementing software in C++ and Python
  • Experience with embedded software development is a plus
  • Excellent oral and written English. German and/or Japanese language skills are a plus.

Other Required Knowledge​

• The ability to deliver on tight deadlines and adapt to evolving or changing requirements
  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, and willingness in learning Japanese

Working Location​

Barcelona or Tokyo

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 20 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users
Hi @MC🐠
Just looking at Jerome Nadel’s LikedIn public page and noted he has liked an article about Honda Motor Corp Ltd & Ai.

Pretty sure you would know about it and though I cannot open his link it seems from my Google search it relates to driver monitoring systems.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Newk R

Regular
The next 200 years, will be a real challenge, let alone 20 billion..
But I guess you were just making a point 😛

I agree the current problems, are not so large, if humanity as a whole, was not almost solely motivated, by profit, greed and self interest..
Well, I for one, am not motivated by profit, greed or self interest. I only invested in Brainchip so I could have more money, a bigger house and more toys than anyone else I know!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

Alpstein

Emerged
We so often hear about the medical industry, and someone some time ago tried to connect BRN to Apple.
You will also note Apple pivoting heavily in their marketing to a privacy focus. I believe it is not only because consumers beginning to prioritise privacy, but also central to their greater vision to enter sensitive markets such as healthcare. In any case, to just highlight the sheer size and rapid development of the medical market, the below page is very well worth a read and especially watch the videos.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

M_C

Founding Member
Hi @MC🐠
Just looking at Jerome Nadel’s LikedIn public page and noted he has liked an article about Honda Motor Corp Ltd & Ai.

Pretty sure you would know about it and though I cannot open his link it seems from my Google search it relates to driver monitoring systems.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
This one?

Capture1.PNG

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
Top Bottom