BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
I have kept an unopened, mint condition box of 5 ¼“ Verbatum floppy disks (you know the “big“ ones, and yes I am aware of bigger disks, but these at least were bigger than the 3 ½“ disks). And these are the high density disks too - each holds a whopping 1.2M. I expect one day I may be able to sell them to a museum.
First USB stick I bought was 124 MB at $1 per MB.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
HA HA ...............ok I have just been over on Holy Crapper doing my thing reporting the shitheads and hopefully getting shareman modded some more! Love it as I have not posted for ages.

AND I could not help posting a excerpt from FF post just before (Below)

"BrainChip – Annual General Meeting CEO and Chairman’s Address Sydney 24 May 2022: BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN), appends the Chairman’s address, Chief Executive Officer’s address and presentation to the Annual General Meeting, in accordance with the ASX Listing Rules.

This announcement is authorised for release by the BRN Board of Directors."

CEO Sean Hehir statement regarding his due diligence process regarding his appointment -
"Being a Silicon Valley based executive I had easy access to some of the world’s best technical minds who I engaged to evaluate the core technology.

The overwhelming feedback was the technology is visionary in its design, unparalleled in flexibility, and transformative in performance.

The Market is moving to the edge, and we are already here...

Ok above says it all................
Yak52
................................................................................

Waiting to see if it gets MODDED now! lol

Yak52 :cool:
Yes they are very sensitive over there when you try and mention thestockexchange forum 🤣🤣🤣

Oh well, I tried...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220625-084601_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220625-084601_Gallery.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 170
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Yes FF it a very big issue which is largely unknown by most! I first came across it from reading an aircraft accident report (fatal) in Toowoomba.

It brings to mind what would happen with one of these new modern high tech sports cars mostly made of Carbon Fibre and it has an accident and catches fire. The danger for Fire crews from wind blown fibre dust would be huge. And the COST to clean up later, well it was going to cost $20k + for just (1) square metre of carbon fibre panel on that crashed aircraft. Imagine a WHOLE CAR?

And as a footnote to that aircraft accident, CASA noted that the insurance company was NOT going to cover costs associated with a clean up either.
ouch!

Yak52:cool:
Hi Yak,

This is the UNSW OH&S sheet for carbon fibre:

https://safety.unsw.edu.au/sites/de...NSW_Carbon_fibre_safety_information_sheet.pdf

It does include reference to the dangers of burning carbon fibres.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
From Motion Trader?
Jason Mc intosh is a great guy who primarily trades on momentum but is very open minded to new technology and trends.

Reactions: 9 users

stuart888

Regular
True Story. My girlfriend and I were at Flagler Beach Florida a few weeks ago, and I wrote on the board: Edge AI is Brainchip.com! It was first thing in the morning in giant letters, but we did not have our phones, but a neat Brainchip memory.

Next Monday is Cocoa Beach FL, Melbourne Beach FL, and Nasa. Sure hope someone can arrange a meeting for me with the Nasa Spiking Neural Network Team! SpaceX has a launch when we are there. Akida might be going up in that soon too. The future is bright, a no-brainer. Go Brainchip software employees. You are beloved in Florida!

1656114538264.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Diogenese

Top 20
The butler is the illegitimate son of the murdered Earl of Farnbridge.
😎

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yes, and his wife the housekeeper lent the laird's overcoat to her escapee brother hiding out on the moors, where the laird's second cousin was training an attack dog on the smell of the laird's shoe ...

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Hi @DingoBorat & @Diogenese

I have enjoyed your discussion but you both have fallen under the economic rationalists spell.

If you put a value on human life as opposed to valuing human life and every living creature then the cost of maintaining a healthy environment capable of sustaining life can be an economic argument.

For example a human life is worth $1.00 solution ‘x’ costs $2.00 not economically viable.

Human life is worth $1.00 solution ‘y’ costs 50 cents saving 50 cents economically viable.

This is the economic rationalist approach to the debate around solutions it has to be economically viable.

On the basis of this approach in 20 billion years extra terrestrial life will call by Earth and find a time capsule in which will be a letter addressed to To: ‘Whoever might find this’ stating:

“We the former governments and its inhabitants of this planet we named Earth are now extinct.

Our extinction was an economic decision as the cost of continuing to exist as a species did not make economic sense and would have involved the taking on of debt and not being able create a balanced budget.

We opened a tender process to the market however private enterprise was unable to find a sustainable business model that made it economically feasible to save humanity.

Accordingly the only sensible economic decision was to wind up the business of humanity here on Earth.”

There was a time before the economic enlightenment when governments took on the uneconomic provision of services to the populous because it was believed that is why governments existed.

The people expected that the postal service, public transport, the supply of power, sewerage, water, roads, health care would never be profitable and should be provided to all people by government regardless of politics.

The present debate around climate and economically viable solutions is macabre in the extreme.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 43 users

I have enjoyed your discussion but you both have fallen under the economic rationalists spell.

If you put a value on human life as opposed to valuing human life and every living creature then the cost of maintaining a healthy environment capable of sustaining life can be an economic argument.

For example a human life is worth $1.00 solution ‘x’ costs $2.00 not economically viable.

Human life is worth $1.00 solution ‘y’ costs 50 cents saving 50 cents economically viable.

This is the economic rationalist approach to the debate around solutions it has to be economically viable.

On the basis of this approach in 20 billion years extra terrestrial life will call by Earth and find a time capsule in which will be a letter addressed to To: ‘Whoever might find this’ stating:

“We the former governments and its inhabitants of this planet we named Earth are now extinct.

Our extinction was an economic decision as the cost of continuing to exist as a species did not make economic sense and would have involved the taking on of debt and not being able create a balanced budget.

We opened a tender process to the market however private enterprise was unable to find a sustainable business model that made it economically feasible to save humanity.

Accordingly the only sensible economic decision was to wind up the business of humanity here on Earth.”

There was a time before the economic enlightenment when governments took on the uneconomic provision of services to the populous because it was believed that is why governments existed.

The people expected that the postal service, public transport, the supply of power, sewerage, water, roads, health care would never be profitable and should be provided to all people by government regardless of politics.

The present debate around climate and economically viable solutions is macabre in the extreme.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
The next 200 years, will be a real challenge, let alone 20 billion..
But I guess you were just making a point 😛

I agree the current problems, are not so large, if humanity as a whole, was not almost solely motivated, by profit, greed and self interest..

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
The next 200 years, will be a real challenge, let alone 20 billion..
But I guess you were just making a point 😛

I agree the current problems, are not so large, if humanity as a whole, was not almost solely motivated, by profit, greed and self interest..
I was not suggesting that it will take 20 billion years to become extinct but that it will take that long before another planetary species finds its way to Earth and reads the message.

Of course if they are economic rationalists they will also have taken the economically sensible extinction route and will not get here. 😂

The current energy crisis is a product of economic rationalism. Electricity generation from coal was privatised. These producers were told they had no future as fossils fuels are to be scrapped. So they do what any normal business would do maximise profits by minimising costs which includes maintenance.

Government discovers this issue and could step in and spend 21 billion to keep lights on until future technologies are up and running but do not do it because not economically sensible.

We change government. Does new government step in and spend 21 billion no. Same reason not economically sensible.

What the …. are governments for if not to provide basic services like power equally to all the population.

Where I live the local government is building the middle section of a cycle way to nowhere at a cost of $5 million in the hope that one day the state government will fund the missing sections.

Yet Federal Governments of all political persuasions will not spend money as an interim measure to keep the lights on.

What happened to turn even the left of politics into bean counters.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 14 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Slade

Top 20
Hi Slade hows Asia going?

I must say I made the missus sit down and read TECHs post. Overall good but one sentence caught my eye very much and eased my concerns greatly. see below -

" I am expecting revenue to finally start to reveal itself, if nothing of real substance arrives by 31 January 2023, well, I for one will be extremely disappointed."

Well to me "REAL SUBSTANCE" when discussing possible Brainchip Revenue means "quite large or very substantial numbers".
This to me indicates some IP Revenue or Contracts large enough to surprise everyone! Not just $5-$10 Million for a quarter.

I LIKE SURPRISES!

Yak52:cool:
All is good thanks Yak. I think the surprise we are all waiting for will come over the next 6 months, and once it does there will be no stopping it. It will bring much joy to shareholders and there will be no better place online to be than TSEx. I think of all loyal holders and particularly those that have held for 5, 6 and more years, and I look forward to seeing them rewarded for their foresight and fortitude. Happy to sit back and watch it all unfold. It's amazing how far the company as come in just the last 6 months.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users

Diogenese

Top 20

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Hi @DingoBorat ,

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/othe...sedgntp&cvid=de76d7985b5f423bb2d538da840cac96

Bentley Mulliner will build 12 new versions of the iconic Speed Six that won LeMans in 1929 and 1930.​

1656116754510.png

1656123793339.png

They don't make 'em like that any more

... and only $2.7M each.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Don't suppose this of any interest to ACIS/ASX:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/mar...sedgntp&cvid=0d17412b2ae64228862999551d437a1d

FollowView profile

U.S. congressional panel calls for crackdown after 'meme-stock' saga​

By Katanga Johnson and John McCrank - 12h ago
React2 Comments

• Save

1656126974651.png

By Katanga Johnson and John McCrank
FILE PHOTO: GameStop logo is seen in front of displayed Reddit logo in this illustration
© Reuters/Dado RuvicFILE PHOTO: GameStop logo is seen in front of displayed Reddit logo in this illustration
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -Wall Street regulators must do more to address market risks highlighted by the "meme-stock" trading frenzy of January 2021 that pitted individual GameStop Corp investors against powerful hedge funds, a congressional report said Friday.
Meme stock trading -- where companies see their value fueled more by social media attention than fundamentals continues -- with cosmetics maker Revlon Inc the latest example.
The report by the U.S. House of Representatives' Financial Services Committee singled out Robinhood's trading app for "troubling business practices" and urged regulators to step up scrutiny of retail brokers.
Robinhood said there was "nothing new" in the report, that it took "the appropriate and responsible steps necessary to protect and support our customers" and has made significant improvements since then.
The report, which raises pressure on regulators to do more, also called for new brokerage liquidity rules and for regulators to hasten a crackdown on the "gameification" of trading -- game-like features that prompt users to trade more.
"The meme stock saga has raised questions about how retail trading market infrastructure currently operates and whether it is appropriately designed and regulated," the report said.

Related video: Congress stalls on stock ban

The report, which was prepared following hearings in February 2021, analyzed how quickly money was made and lost when GameStop shares surged more than 1,600% in January last year before collapsing.
AUD Is On The Path Of Changes
Ad
Tyrafirm

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.taboola.com%2Flibtrc%2Fstatic%2Fthumbnails%2F52cc8ddd8c034bbafbe80b7af06f85a1.jpg

During the GameStop episode, retail investors banded together in online forums to push up the stock's price and force hedge funds that shorted or bet against it, to unwind their trades.
The panel did not cast blame but instead proposed tightening regulatory gaps. The report called for the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Wall Street's self-funded watchdog, to craft new rules to address what it called "a culture that prioritizes growth above stability."
Specifically, the panel recommends the SEC introduce a liquidity rule for clearing brokers, and for FINRA to establish a framework governing liquidity planning for clearing brokers, rather than the current voluntary guidance.
Both FINRA and the SEC, which have stepped up scrutiny of "gameification," should also bolster regulations curbing the extension of margin trading to customers, the report said.
FINRA, in response, said in a statement that it had taken steps to protect investors and implemented a new rule that improves its ability to monitor the liquidity risk of members with the largest exposures.
It said it also seeking comment on member firm practices involving complex products and options, as well as short sales.
The SEC declined to comment.
SEC Chair Gary Gensler, whose agency also last year issued a report https://www.sec.gov/page/sec-staff-...sion,several questions about market structure on the GameStop saga, has said the agency would address gameification, PFOF and short selling disclosures.
(Reporting by Katanga Johnson and John McCrank; additional reporting by Michelle Price; Editing by Megan Davies, Jonathan Oatis and Deepa Babington)

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Ok, there is a chance I will list some "1000 eyes" here, but the list of likes on Tim's post is getting interesting !
Renault, BMW, Volvo

View attachment 9817
View attachment 9819
View attachment 9818

Volvo...🤞

Volvo Cars moves one step closer to autonomous driving​

Elle Farrell-Kingsley explores the importance of combination sensors in the future of autonomous driving

June 24, 2022

Extract

Volvo Cars will unveil its next fully electric flagship SUV later this year, incorporating a multitude of active and passive sensors. Interestingly, the car will feature eight cameras, five radars, 16 ultrasonic sensors, and one forward-looking light detection and ranging (LiDAR) sensor. "Each sensor has its own strengths, so we are not reliant on just one sensor. Their combination and interpretation by our core computer offer a new level of understanding of the environment," comments Volvo Cars’ Strategic Product Owner of ADAS and Autonomous Drive, Patrik Björler.

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users
That's why I despise the great majority of politicians @FactFinder.
And the way the "System" works in general..

My taste in cars is a bit later than that @Diogenese, but I do love car design in general.

Some of my favorites are..
68 Firebird/Camaro, 64/68 Corvette, 70 Cuda, 61 E-Type, 68 Monaro, XU1 Torana, XA GT Falcon, E49 Charger, 64 Cooper Mini, LP400 Countach, Ferraris, Porsches, Audi R8, Superbird..

I could go on and on, but this is supposed to be about Brainchip 😛
I would be like Jay Leno, if I had the money, but I don't have that many BRN shares!

US markets were on a tear overnight.

_20220625_124325.JPG

If the shorters got any sleep at all, they didn't wake up to good news.

"Hey Nanna, please don't burn the short bread cookies again!"
_20220625_132931.JPG

An announcement of significance Monday morning and they will be several shades darker! 😊

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users
Hi @DingoBorat ,

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/othe...sedgntp&cvid=de76d7985b5f423bb2d538da840cac96

Bentley Mulliner will build 12 new versions of the iconic Speed Six that won LeMans in 1929 and 1930.​

View attachment 10101

View attachment 10104

They don't make 'em like that any more

... and only $2.7M each.
I hope they give it a collapsible steering column at that photo angle the idea of being impaled by that steering wheel is rather frightening. That aside they have a lot of personality that no longer is bestowed by wind tunnel engineering.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
That's why I despise the great majority of politicians @FactFinder.
And the way the "System" works in general..

My taste in cars is a bit later than that @Diogenese, but I do love car design in general.

Some of my favorites are..
68 Firebird/Camaro, 64/68 Corvette, 70 Cuda, 61 E-Type, 68 Monaro, XU1 Torana, XA GT Falcon, E49 Charger, 68 Cooper Mini, LP400 Countach, Ferraris, Porsches, Audi R8, Superbird..

I could go on and on, but this is supposed to be about Brainchip 😛
I would be like Jay Leno, if I had the money, but I don't have that many BRN shares!

US markets were on a tear overnight.

View attachment 10107
If the shorters got any sleep at all, they didn't wake up to good news.

"Hey Nanna, please don't burn the short bread cookies again!"
View attachment 10109

An announcement of significance Monday morning and they will be several shades darker! 😊
Hi @DingoBorat
The following is unlikely to change your view of politicians but gives a whole new flavour to the type of corruption that exists across politics, industry, superannuation and the markets:

If you are line ball on whether to have your own Self Managed Super Fund this might tip the balance.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
F

Filobeddo

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom