BRN Discussion Ongoing

TechGirl

Founding Member
If @uiux and @butcherano get to do the breast screening, does that mean @TechGirl, @MDhere, @miaeffect and I get to operate the man-o-gram?

View attachment 10069

Loop Bounce GIF

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
Neometals (NMT) is in the lithium battery recycling business.
CO2 recycling has been talked about, but is it commercially practicable? I haven't been following it because it seems that horse has bolted.

Edit - I am not promoting another stock, but championing technology that will hopefully help reduce industrial impact on our environment

The Neometals - Primobious battery recycling tech adopted by Mercedes Benz is delivering a 96% recovery rate as well as CO2 neutral recycling - a fantastic result for the planet

“An important milestone in the global Mercedes-Benz battery recycling strategy is the establishment of an own pilot plant for the recycling of lithium-ion battery systems. To this end, Mercedes-Benz has founded LICULAR GmbH as a wholly owned subsidiary.

For the conceptual design and construction of the facilities, LICULAR GmbH plans to cooperate with the technology partner Primobius, which as a joint venture of the German mechanical engineering company SMS group and the Australian project developer Neometals is contributing the necessary technological know-how, including the relevant preliminary investigations, to the project.”

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Neometals (NMT) is in the lithium battery recycling business.

Sequestration is the burying solution. I think some of the sequestration projects are smoke and mirrors. Certainly some of the recycling projects are.

CO2 recycling has been talked about, but is it commercially practicable? I haven't been following it because it seems that horse has bolted.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/110811-turning-carbon-emissions-into-fuel

A solar energy collector towers over Rich Diver, a researcher at the U.S. Department of Energy's Sandia National Laboratories. The lab's "Sunshine to Petrol" project aims to recycle carbon dioxide into fuel with renewable energy.

Sequestration, was originally a legal term and just means to take into custody, or take out of.

Taking carbon dioxide out of the air, can be done in various ways.
Some say green things help 🤔..

This is the kind of technology I'm talking about, video is 3 years old, haven’t really been following the tech, but basically they were screaming out for backers.
I think Bill Gates, might actually be onboard.

Not sure how they can burn their hydrocarbon fuel, without releasing carbon back into the atmosphere, as Co2, like they claim..
But, that's irrelevant, if you're taking it back out and actually preferable, as you would then have a cycle.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Mr Walker is still opening his smelly mouth to talk rubbish about BRN, along with his idiot mates.
But hey, it's all okay, we've got to be empathetic and realise they are hurting.
They go to extreme lengths to tarnish the company, attack the holders, attack the CEO and Founder.

These muppets are jealous and I can't wait to tag these mofos when we achieve great things.

Screenshot_20220624-213850_Twitter~2.jpg

Edit: He couldn't make a debate and chickened out, blocked all BRN holders on Twitter. The Walker I knew was very passionate on forums, so wonder what happened? May be on Twitter he doesn't have his moderator friends to cry on the shoulders 🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Hrdwk

Regular
Sequestration, was originally a legal term and just means to take into custody, or take out of.

Taking carbon dioxide out of the air, can be done in various ways.
Some say green things help 🤔..

This is the kind of technology I'm talking about, video is 3 years old, haven’t really been following the tech, but basically they were screaming out for backers.
I think Bill Gates, might actually be onboard.

Not sure how they can burn their hydrocarbon fuel, without releasing carbon back into the atmosphere, as Co2, like they claim..
But, that's irrelevant, if you're taking it back out and actually preferable, as you would then have a cycle.

We can look a lot closer to home for Carbon capture solutions. Again not promoting as I don’t have shares with them but ADN and the University of Newcastle are building their second pilot plant to use Halloysite which is a naturally formed Carbon Nanotube for Carbon capture. Halloysite is apparently one of the most studied metals on the planet, I hadn’t heard of it until recently.

Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users
In the early days of computers, we used to have floppy disks.

I recall changing the ”Disc” on a network, at a place I worked in Canberra. I think it was a weekly change. The disc was the size of a small car tyre but twice the thickness; and went into a device the size of a washing machine. We had 3, one running, one copying and one redundant and we rotated the redundant one each week so if it crashed we only lost a weeks worth of information.

There would now be massively more memory in my watch or phone. Amazing how technology has improved.

I can’t wait to see what Brainchip is going to do for the world!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 25 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

He-he-he! I was just thinking you could write a book called "Dickie Knee Had a Floppy Disk".

reading-baby-reading.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
As a result of NVISO celebrating their results with Akida I thought I’d have a look at some other BonsAPPs members. I noticed ST Microelectronics make MCU’S.

So who are ST:

This article talks about their recent income and projections.

https://www.forbes.com/companies/stmicroelectronics/?sh=33787b8e6d45

STMicroelectronics is a Franco-Italian multinational electronics and semiconductors manufacturer headquartered in Plan-les-Ouates near Geneva, Switzerland. The company resulted from the merger of two government-owned semiconductor companies in 1987: "Thomson Semiconducteurs" of France and "SGS Microelettronica" of Italy. It is commonly called "ST". While STMicroelectronics corporate headquarters and the headquarters for EMEA region are based in the Canton of Geneva, the holding company, STMicroelectronics N.V. is incorporated in the Netherlands.

The company's US headquarters is in Coppell, Texas. Headquarters for the Asia-Pacific region is in Singapore whilst Japan and Korea operations are headquartered in Tokyo. The company headquarters for the China region is in Shanghai.[2

They have their own FAB.

STMicroelectronics NV designs, develops, manufactures and markets products, which offers discrete and standard commodity components, application-specific integrated circuits, full custom devices and semi-custom devices for analog, digital and mixed-signal applications. It operates through the following segments: Automotive and Discrete Group, Analog and MEMS Group, and Microcontrollers and Digital ICs Group. The Automotive and Discrete Group segment comprises of all dedicated automotive ICs, and discrete and power transistor products. The Analog and MEMS Group segment comprises of low-power high-end analog ICs, smart power products for industrial, computer and consumer markets, touch screen controllers, low power connectivity solutions and metering solutions for smart grid and all MEMS products. The Microcontrollers and Digital ICs Group segment comprises of general purpose and secure microcontrollers, EEPROM memories, and digital ASICs. The company was founded in June 1987 and is headquartered in Plan-Les-Ouates, Switzerland.

I did go through a few pages of patents and found this one which mentioned a neural network however there was only the one reference.

https://patents.justia.com/patent/11364816

I am hopeful given their association with Bonsapp and the fact they make microcontrollers we will be hearing about Akida in their products in the future.

Cheers

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Quiltman

Regular
I recall changing the ”Disc” on a network, at a place I worked in Canberra. I think it was a weekly change. The disc was the size of a small car tyre but twice the thickness; and went into a device the size of a washing machine. We had 3, one running, one copying and one redundant and we rotated the redundant one each week so if it crashed we only lost a weeks worth of information.

There would now be massively more memory in my watch or phone. Amazing how technology has improved.

I can’t wait to see what Brainchip is going to do for the world!

My first day on the job, fresh out of Uni with my Computer Science degree in the 1980's, manager asked me to go and load an 8" floppy into the IBM System/34 ... which I felt would be an easy task !!
So off I went, into the computer room, inserted 8" floppy as requested, and wondered what on earth I should do next ... like any first timer would.
Looking around , I keenly spotted a re-load button, which I felt compelled to hit and did.
Re-load = reboot .... took the entire office floor down for an hour.
I think the world has progressed somewhat

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users
We can look a lot closer to home for Carbon capture solutions. Again not promoting as I don’t have shares with them but ADN and the University of Newcastle are building their second pilot plant to use Halloysite which is a naturally formed Carbon Nanotube for Carbon capture. Halloysite is apparently one of the most studied metals on the planet, I hadn’t heard of it until recently.
It's actually clay, but looks like a good company.

They need to be able to use the CO2 saturated clay, or what ever the product is, for something after though..
Not sure what their plans are there..

And sorry folks..

BRN to the Moon, before noon, using a new fuel, called "Shortroleum" 😜

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Yak52

Regular
Wow @Yak52 I had no idea about the issues with carbon fibre when burnt.

The country of you beaut good ideas until there not. Better to get it wrong the first thirty times than take your time and get it right the first time.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yes FF it a very big issue which is largely unknown by most! I first came across it from reading an aircraft accident report (fatal) in Toowoomba.

It brings to mind what would happen with one of these new modern high tech sports cars mostly made of Carbon Fibre and it has an accident and catches fire. The danger for Fire crews from wind blown fibre dust would be huge. And the COST to clean up later, well it was going to cost $20k + for just (1) square metre of carbon fibre panel on that crashed aircraft. Imagine a WHOLE CAR?

And as a footnote to that aircraft accident, CASA noted that the insurance company was NOT going to cover costs associated with a clean up either.
ouch!

Yak52:cool:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Your making me look bad, my son is 3, I’ll have to buy more now and pretend it’s for him
Same here Lex555,

My son is nearly 3, for the last 2 years, after Luna new year. I would take my son red pocket money to buy BRN and leave a IOU in his piggy bank 😁😁😁. My 3 year old actually own 1/3 of my initial BRN holding.

So the intention was alway to pass our shares holding to him.

True story.

Learning.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
That will happen, as you get older..

• Haha

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
Screenshot_20220624-225827_Chrome.jpg

Who is our "telecommunication" customer? 🤯
Someone please give me a clue

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Yak52

Regular
I have been reading Tech’s posts for 3 years. He has always been bullish on BrainChip and we know how much he respects PVDM and the team, but at the same time he has always been very realistic when it comes to making any predictions on when we might see revenue. I know it’s only his opinion but if Tech has expectations of revenue showing up soon, well then I reckon we must be close. My money is on Renesas getting an Akida infused product to market in the next quarter.
Hi Slade hows Asia going?

I must say I made the missus sit down and read TECHs post. Overall good but one sentence caught my eye very much and eased my concerns greatly. see below -

" I am expecting revenue to finally start to reveal itself, if nothing of real substance arrives by 31 January 2023, well, I for one will be extremely disappointed."

Well to me "REAL SUBSTANCE" when discussing possible Brainchip Revenue means "quite large or very substantial numbers".
This to me indicates some IP Revenue or Contracts large enough to surprise everyone! Not just $5-$10 Million for a quarter.

I LIKE SURPRISES!

Yak52:cool:

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 35 users

Perhaps

Regular
As a result of NVISO celebrating their results with Akida I thought I’d have a look at some other BonsAPPs members. I noticed ST Microelectronics make MCU’S.

So who are ST:

This article talks about their recent income and projections.

https://www.forbes.com/companies/stmicroelectronics/?sh=33787b8e6d45

STMicroelectronics is a Franco-Italian multinational electronics and semiconductors manufacturer headquartered in Plan-les-Ouates near Geneva, Switzerland. The company resulted from the merger of two government-owned semiconductor companies in 1987: "Thomson Semiconducteurs" of France and "SGS Microelettronica" of Italy. It is commonly called "ST". While STMicroelectronics corporate headquarters and the headquarters for EMEA region are based in the Canton of Geneva, the holding company, STMicroelectronics N.V. is incorporated in the Netherlands.

The company's US headquarters is in Coppell, Texas. Headquarters for the Asia-Pacific region is in Singapore whilst Japan and Korea operations are headquartered in Tokyo. The company headquarters for the China region is in Shanghai.[2

They have their own FAB.

STMicroelectronics NV designs, develops, manufactures and markets products, which offers discrete and standard commodity components, application-specific integrated circuits, full custom devices and semi-custom devices for analog, digital and mixed-signal applications. It operates through the following segments: Automotive and Discrete Group, Analog and MEMS Group, and Microcontrollers and Digital ICs Group. The Automotive and Discrete Group segment comprises of all dedicated automotive ICs, and discrete and power transistor products. The Analog and MEMS Group segment comprises of low-power high-end analog ICs, smart power products for industrial, computer and consumer markets, touch screen controllers, low power connectivity solutions and metering solutions for smart grid and all MEMS products. The Microcontrollers and Digital ICs Group segment comprises of general purpose and secure microcontrollers, EEPROM memories, and digital ASICs. The company was founded in June 1987 and is headquartered in Plan-Les-Ouates, Switzerland.

I did go through a few pages of patents and found this one which mentioned a neural network however there was only the one reference.

https://patents.justia.com/patent/11364816

I am hopeful given their association with Bonsapp and the fact they make microcontrollers we will be hearing about Akida in their products in the future.

Cheers
Look at Edge Impulse also, they have a close partnership running with STM. STM is big, but in an Feb 2022 interview the CEO wasn't a fan of neuromorphic chips. Had a research on STM a while ago.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Violin1

Regular
Hi MD and all,
Interesting is the growth of companion friends, and brings to the fore in my mind its relevance, given my last few weeks. If I may, a quick hijack and apologies in advance for a bit off topic but I think worth a mention. I don't know if this happens all over Aust, but it should..., if not the world.
I recently got Covid and generously shared it with my wife. I had a tough time with breathing for awhile, and I was admitted to a "Virtual Covid Ward" from the Sunshine Coast University Hospital. They sent medical equipment to my house including iPad, thermometer, oxygen sensor and blood pressure, all bluetooth to iPad and online and logged in as me. The iPad would ding each morning to remind me to take my vitals and then a Nurse or Doctor would ring at least once a day, sometimes twice, to check in on me, having my vitals already on my "Virtual Chart". I was also able to turn the bluetooth off and take my wife's Vitals and disclose these during the phone calls. I can not speak highly enough of this system and how reassuring it was for both of us to know someone was watching and checking in on us.
It comes to mind that the NVISO monitoring could be an added metric so that the remote doctors also had a visual that had been assessed as well as the vitals assessed and or categorised by Akida.
I guess in the past I might of been a bit "ho hum" on the whole companion robot thing, but I for one, now am a changed man. I can absolutely see the value in many many ways, and think these will become commonplace in the future.
Because of the whole Covid thing, I have been quiet from my normal crappy attempts of humour, and haven't bothered with my daily reading ritual. We are both over Covid, but are both now chocked with the flu, Go figure, 3 Vax's and the flu shot. Anyway not opening to whole Vax can of worms, but for those that think Covid is no big deal, Im sorry, both my wife and I beg to differ.
I expect I will annoy you all again soon, cheers and keep smiling.
@chapman89 Jesse, feel free to share with your mate Tim if you feel worthwhile.
Get well soon Macca - and your wife. I didn't have anything like your impact and it still wasn't nice - so look after yourself.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Just stumbled onto this US Govt site while surfing AI n watching Aus / Sri Lanka ODI.

Anyway, not dug into site at all yet.....we just lost a wicket....grrr.....but might be worth a sniff around to see what may come up.

Handy links to relevant agencies / departments as well.

Home Page .png

Key Agencies - Depts.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom