BRN Discussion Ongoing

uiux

Regular
Personal opinion only. This is a BRN project and will form part of the applications library that is constantly being built out by Brainchip.

I can just see @uiux and @butcheroo at a Westfield offering free breast screening with their home made AKIDA powered microscopes. Taking blood from finger pricks and running the slides past AKIDA.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

When it comes to breast screening I'm a bit of a Luddite @Fact Finder

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
I just looked at Commsec and pretty sure there is a fault in their system because all of my portfolio bar one share is up.

Very strange leaves me a little uneasy. Can it be that the market has suddenly become sophisticated all at once and realised how oversold quality shares have been.

I read Warren Buffet has started buying in the USA apparently he has a copy of Economics for Dummies and knows the difference between Recession, Technical Recession and Depression and all the different forms of inflation.

Anyway nice way to finish the week.

Wonder what Germany will do tonight.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
You have shares in companies other than Brainchip? 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Now where will Arpan Pal get his smart MCU’s for these wearable devices?

Renesas and Tata have been working together for years.

Indeed Renesas will likely supply smart MCUs to Tata Elexsi for motor vehicles as well.

Tata has a very strict non disclosure culture regarding new product development as they claim China does not respect IP.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Maybe we need to ask Dodgy-knees (AKA BarrelSitter) more about this fascinating connection because it looks like he has come up with the goods already and he nearly broke the crapper with the huge number of votes he received doing so.

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 5.10.46 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 5.10.14 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Strongly recommending everyone has a look at Dr. Arijit Mukhejee’s LinkedIn account he works with Dr. Arpan Pal at TCS:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

M_C

Founding Member
I've had my eye on AWS for a while.................................here is a possible clincher.......(speculation only)

OFFLINE ALEXA developed FOR NASA by AWS in collaboration with AXIUM

Capture Alexa offline.PNG

Some BRN / AWS interactions here........

Capture1.PNG
Capture4.PNG
Capture5.PNG

AXIUM PARTNERS.................... KBR (Associated with Northrop Grumman I think?), NASA and BOEING amongst others

Capture.PNG

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 63 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
When it comes to breast screening I'm a bit of a Luddite @Fact Finder

Personal opinion only. This is a BRN project and will form part of the applications library that is constantly being built out by Brainchip.

I can just see @uiux and @butcheroo at a Westfield offering free breast screening with their home made AKIDA powered microscopes. Taking blood from finger pricks and running the slides past AKIDA.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

If @uiux and @butcherano get to do the breast screening, does that mean @TechGirl, @MDhere, @miaeffect and I get to operate the man-o-gram?

images.jpg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

Yak52

Regular
So did many shorters get burned today?

With the 5% SP increase and Chart Technicals looking very promising towards an uptrend the Shorters have given up with only the usual DT Shorts of 1.1 mil yesterday. OUR local "Bandits" who have caused so much grief lately have stopped for now.

Probably panicking!

YaK52:cool:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

Quercuskid

Regular
With the 5% SP increase and Chart Technicals looking very promising towards an uptrend the Shorters have given up with only the usual DT Shorts of 1.1 mil yesterday. OUR local "Bandits" who have caused so much grief lately have stopped for now.

Probably panicking!

YaK52:cool:
Yay!!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Been out for a boozy Friday lunch with some old workmates and have just seen the closing price.
Worth of a Friday arvo "green room" pic. 2 weeks in a row. Woo Hoo

Image 24-6-22 at 3.43 pm.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Perhaps

Regular
Not that important, but for a median of retail holders shares the freefloat total only should be counted, not the absolute total.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Newk R

Regular
  • Haha

Newk R

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Not fur long
Neigh, I have been a little horse on several occasions but not in this regard. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Wags

Regular
Our little farting companion friend from Panasonic and Nviso agreement in 2022 to embed Human Behaviour AI in companion robots will become my favourite farting friend after reading this -

The global market for Companion Robots was valued at USD 1.98 billion in 2020 and according to Mordor Intelligence is expected to reach USD 11.24 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 34.34% during the period of 2021-20262.Companion robots are designed to interact naturally with humans, with the ability to perceive and respond to a user’s mental state, behaviours and commands.
With these capabilities they can assist in combating loneliness and detecting depression along with helping in keeping people healthy at home through the remote monitoring of vital signs.
This is achieved through visual comprehension and NVISO’s human behavioural analytics AI systems have the capabilities to deliver this. NVISO’s solutions do this through its range of AI Apps providing visual observation, perception and semantic reasoning capabilities, the results of which can be used in identifying issues, in decision making processes and in supporting autonomous “human like” interactions.
Hi MD and all,
Interesting is the growth of companion friends, and brings to the fore in my mind its relevance, given my last few weeks. If I may, a quick hijack and apologies in advance for a bit off topic but I think worth a mention. I don't know if this happens all over Aust, but it should..., if not the world.
I recently got Covid and generously shared it with my wife. I had a tough time with breathing for awhile, and I was admitted to a "Virtual Covid Ward" from the Sunshine Coast University Hospital. They sent medical equipment to my house including iPad, thermometer, oxygen sensor and blood pressure, all bluetooth to iPad and online and logged in as me. The iPad would ding each morning to remind me to take my vitals and then a Nurse or Doctor would ring at least once a day, sometimes twice, to check in on me, having my vitals already on my "Virtual Chart". I was also able to turn the bluetooth off and take my wife's Vitals and disclose these during the phone calls. I can not speak highly enough of this system and how reassuring it was for both of us to know someone was watching and checking in on us.
It comes to mind that the NVISO monitoring could be an added metric so that the remote doctors also had a visual that had been assessed as well as the vitals assessed and or categorised by Akida.
I guess in the past I might of been a bit "ho hum" on the whole companion robot thing, but I for one, now am a changed man. I can absolutely see the value in many many ways, and think these will become commonplace in the future.
Because of the whole Covid thing, I have been quiet from my normal crappy attempts of humour, and haven't bothered with my daily reading ritual. We are both over Covid, but are both now chocked with the flu, Go figure, 3 Vax's and the flu shot. Anyway not opening to whole Vax can of worms, but for those that think Covid is no big deal, Im sorry, both my wife and I beg to differ.
I expect I will annoy you all again soon, cheers and keep smiling.
@chapman89 Jesse, feel free to share with your mate Tim if you feel worthwhile.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Yak52

Regular
The pressure to use less power in the first instance just grows and grows. There was a study released yesterday saying the bleeding obvious that if all the EV's expected on the roads by 2030 continue the present owner established pattern of charging after returning home from work they will collapse the power grid and systems and education needs to be mandated now to change these patterns before it occurs. Using less power has no downside whatsoever:

Thousands of Wind Turbine Blades Will End up in Landfill by 2030, SA Uni Research Reveals​

Zachariah Kelly - 3h ago
React
View attachment 10048
Anew study from the University of South Australia (UniSA) indicates that tens of thousands of wind turbine blades will go into landfill unless end-of-life programs are formed.
Wind turbine blades are made of either carbon fibre or glass fibre composite material. Both of these are durable but expensive to break down, and when broken down, the recovered materials don't have high market value. It has been estimated that there will be 43 million tonnes of blade waste internationally by 2050.
“The same features that make these blades cost-effective and reliable for use in commercial wind turbines make them very difficult to recycle in a cost-effective fashion,” said Professor Peter Majewski from UniSA.
“As it is so expensive to recycle them, and the recovered materials are worth so little, it is not realistic to expect a market-based recycling solution to emerge, so policymakers need to step in now and plan what we’re going to do with all these blades that will come offline in the next few years.”
You can see why not having end-of-life programs established for wind turbines is bad, right? Wind is supposed to be one of the energy sources we start to utilise in a world where we're not reliant on coal or gas, but if we're just dumping the used turbines in the ground, it'll contribute to environmental problems on a different front.
In some European countries, turbine blade dumping has actually been banned.

Outside of countries that have banned dumping, the blades are typically put in landfill. But it doesn't need to be like this.
“Our research indicates the most likely viable option is a product stewardship or extended producer responsibility approach, where the cost of recycling the blades is factored into either the cost of their manufacture or the cost of their operation," added Majewski.
“If manufacturers disappear, or wind farms go broke, we need to ensure processes are still in place for the turbine blades to be disposed of properly.
“Without such solutions, energy options like wind and solar may prove to be no more sustainable than the old technologies they are aiming to replace.”

Before you say that solar could be a better option, let me just stop you right there. Solar panels have similar landfill problems, which has led to the Solar Recovery Corporation.
“Some states have banned solar panels from landfill, but by 2030 millions of solar panels could end up in landfill unless we have universal legislation and programs to manage this valuable material. In our efforts to generate sustainable energy, we have potentially caused another massive headache,” said Rob Gell, the head of the Solar Recovery Corporation.
“Solar panels are expected to operate usefully for two or three decades, however, evidence suggests that damage from storms, reduced performance and other issues typically reduce their lifespan requiring them to be replaced sooner than expected."
Hopefully we can tackle this problem before it becomes difficult to manage.
You can read Majewski's study on wind turbines and landfill in Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews.
Interesting figures about wind turbine blades going into landfills etc ...FF.
I notice having read several papers that there is no mention of the contamination issue posed by Carbon Fiber blades when dumped in landfills and exposed to fire or intentionally burnt.
Carbon fiber is a great product but is highly dangerous when exposed to fire or burnt. Carbon fibres when burnt become so fine and very similar to Asbestos fibers and when burnt are classed as dangerous as Asbestos.
All landfills are at risk of burning or do burn and if landfills are banned from taking Wind turbine blades many will see burning as an option especially in economically poorer countries.
Here in Australia when an aircraft has crashed and burned a special form is completed by CASA inspector determining how much carbon fiber may have been present and the site can be decleared a Hazmat Hazard requiring special clearing. Can be VERY expensive! Fire Brigades responding are aware of these issues also. Cars with carbon fibre will also come under this consideration.
This is one reason why I do not own a Carbon Fibre aircraft or have any parts/panel constructed of it. Crashing a plane is one thing (costly etc) but cleaning up a contaminated crash site of "Asbestos" in a fire another.

Yak52 (if only life would go back to being simple again!) :rolleyes:
ps. - KISS principle works for me every day & all day.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Hi MD and all,
Interesting is the growth of companion friends, and brings to the fore in my mind its relevance, given my last few weeks. If I may, a quick hijack and apologies in advance for a bit off topic but I think worth a mention. I don't know if this happens all over Aust, but it should..., if not the world.
I recently got Covid and generously shared it with my wife. I had a tough time with breathing for awhile, and I was admitted to a "Virtual Covid Ward" from the Sunshine Coast University Hospital. They sent medical equipment to my house including iPad, thermometer, oxygen sensor and blood pressure, all bluetooth to iPad and online and logged in as me. The iPad would ding each morning to remind me to take my vitals and then a Nurse or Doctor would ring at least once a day, sometimes twice, to check in on me, having my vitals already on my "Virtual Chart". I was also able to turn the bluetooth off and take my wife's Vitals and disclose these during the phone calls. I can not speak highly enough of this system and how reassuring it was for both of us to know someone was watching and checking in on us.
It comes to mind that the NVISO monitoring could be an added metric so that the remote doctors also had a visual that had been assessed as well as the vitals assessed and or categorised by Akida.
I guess in the past I might of been a bit "ho hum" on the whole companion robot thing, but I for one, now am a changed man. I can absolutely see the value in many many ways, and think these will become commonplace in the future.
Because of the whole Covid thing, I have been quiet from my normal crappy attempts of humour, and haven't bothered with my daily reading ritual. We are both over Covid, but are both now chocked with the flu, Go figure, 3 Vax's and the flu shot. Anyway not opening to whole Vax can of worms, but for those that think Covid is no big deal, Im sorry, both my wife and I beg to differ.
I expect I will annoy you all again soon, cheers and keep smiling.
@chapman89 Jesse, feel free to share with your mate Tim if you feel worthwhile.
Wow Macca. Very interesting post had no idea we had such systems in place.

Look after yourself and your wife and get back on the keyboard fit and well soon.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
The pressure to use less power in the first instance just grows and grows. There was a study released yesterday saying the bleeding obvious that if all the EV's expected on the roads by 2030 continue the present owner established pattern of charging after returning home from work they will collapse the power grid and systems and education needs to be mandated now to change these patterns before it occurs. Using less power has no downside whatsoever:

Thousands of Wind Turbine Blades Will End up in Landfill by 2030, SA Uni Research Reveals​

Zachariah Kelly - 3h ago
React
View attachment 10048
Anew study from the University of South Australia (UniSA) indicates that tens of thousands of wind turbine blades will go into landfill unless end-of-life programs are formed.
Wind turbine blades are made of either carbon fibre or glass fibre composite material. Both of these are durable but expensive to break down, and when broken down, the recovered materials don't have high market value. It has been estimated that there will be 43 million tonnes of blade waste internationally by 2050.
“The same features that make these blades cost-effective and reliable for use in commercial wind turbines make them very difficult to recycle in a cost-effective fashion,” said Professor Peter Majewski from UniSA.
“As it is so expensive to recycle them, and the recovered materials are worth so little, it is not realistic to expect a market-based recycling solution to emerge, so policymakers need to step in now and plan what we’re going to do with all these blades that will come offline in the next few years.”
You can see why not having end-of-life programs established for wind turbines is bad, right? Wind is supposed to be one of the energy sources we start to utilise in a world where we're not reliant on coal or gas, but if we're just dumping the used turbines in the ground, it'll contribute to environmental problems on a different front.
In some European countries, turbine blade dumping has actually been banned.

Outside of countries that have banned dumping, the blades are typically put in landfill. But it doesn't need to be like this.
“Our research indicates the most likely viable option is a product stewardship or extended producer responsibility approach, where the cost of recycling the blades is factored into either the cost of their manufacture or the cost of their operation," added Majewski.
“If manufacturers disappear, or wind farms go broke, we need to ensure processes are still in place for the turbine blades to be disposed of properly.
“Without such solutions, energy options like wind and solar may prove to be no more sustainable than the old technologies they are aiming to replace.”

Before you say that solar could be a better option, let me just stop you right there. Solar panels have similar landfill problems, which has led to the Solar Recovery Corporation.
“Some states have banned solar panels from landfill, but by 2030 millions of solar panels could end up in landfill unless we have universal legislation and programs to manage this valuable material. In our efforts to generate sustainable energy, we have potentially caused another massive headache,” said Rob Gell, the head of the Solar Recovery Corporation.
“Solar panels are expected to operate usefully for two or three decades, however, evidence suggests that damage from storms, reduced performance and other issues typically reduce their lifespan requiring them to be replaced sooner than expected."
Hopefully we can tackle this problem before it becomes difficult to manage.
You can read Majewski's study on wind turbines and landfill in Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews.
That's the problem, with many so called "Green" energy solutions.
The initial cost, to the Planet, of the infrastructure and then the expected life, of only 25 to 30 years, of said infrastructure.

As technology advances and becomes more complex, the ability to recycle it, heads in the other direction..

It's actually madness, if mankind, thinks this will work..

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom