BRN Discussion Ongoing

So another site I use offers connections within Board members / Management amongst the usual offerings.

Hadn't checked in on it for BRN but talk of 61 Fin prompted me to have a look.

Wondering if any informal discussions / chats have occurred along the journey :unsure:

Some Independent Dir positions.

Now, not saying anything other than a musing that if you are in the business world you're usually leveraging networks / connections.

Haven't dug too far into respective companies products / solutions to see how BRN may fit but they are within the industry sphere with what we do obviously.

Viana on BRN.

Viana is on the Board of Arteris

Saiyed Raza on the Board of Arteris is also on Weebit Board

Raman Chitkara on the Board of Arteris is also on the Board of SiTime

Edward Frank on Board of SiTime is also on Board of Marvell Tech & Analog Devices.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Cyw

Regular
I'm saying that after all this time, since the licensing of the IP, there is no estimated date of arrival of any chip with Akida IP. Funny that.
These things take time. Special purpose IC chip design is a complex affair. The AKIDA IP is only one component of the chip and the AI functionalities have to be integrated into the main function the chip is designed for. The whole IC chip is only one component of a unit, say automatic wiper control unit, which is one component of the final product, a car.

Wouldn't it be weird to see news like 'ABC Ltd successfully produced an AI IC chip for a window wiper control unit'?

I know we are all impatient but the reality is that we won't be seeing news like 'Mercedes launches magic vehicle with superior AI powered by AKIDA' for at least a couple of years. The early versions will most likely be some auxiliary functions like voice control. It will be quite a few years before AKIDA will be found in fully automatic navigation systems.

There could also be many little toys, gadgets, household appliances that may use AKIDA built into some chips made by say, Megachips, but probably we will not know that AKIDA is in it. I have no idea what IC chips they use in my fridge and it is not in the user manual.

As this company does not like giving shareholders much updates, we might have to wait till the next quarterly to see if royalties are starting to roll in.

Reactions: 25 users

Reuben

Founding Member
@Reuben I posted the below a while back. Was optimistic dreaming at the time. However, with the recent potential Sony links via Prophesee and you (and others) mentioning Continental I’m beginning to dream again

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-30963

I saw back in the ASX Announcement: Update for the March 2019 Quarter that both GM and Ford were mentioned. Looks like things were looser back then as the companies listed are not confirmed as being associated with BrainChip. However some of the other companies listed are now directly involved with BrainChip - well Valeo and Safran anyway, along with Ford

* How good would it be if the companies named in the ASX announcement was the actual list - and BrainChip are checking them off one by one

Other companies on the list discussed in this forum:
1647381928406.png

@Reuben I posted the below a while back. Was optimistic dreaming at the time. However, with the recent potential Sony links via Prophesee and you (and others) mentioning Continental I’m beginning to dream again

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-30963

I saw back in the ASX Announcement: Update for the March 2019 Quarter that both GM and Ford were mentioned. Looks like things were looser back then as the companies listed are not confirmed as being associated with BrainChip. However some of the other companies listed are now directly involved with BrainChip - well Valeo and Safran anyway, along with Ford

* How good would it be if the companies named in the ASX announcement was the actual list - and BrainChip are checking them off one by one

Other companies on the list discussed in this forum:
1647381928406.png
@thelittleshort spot on mate, so many links - and most until now have turned out to be true... can we just add Porsche to that list :cool: ....just saying seeing all thats happening at Porsche Engineering (they playing around with neural networks, learning on the edge etc)..... and I just love the Panamera :)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Violin1

Regular
Push down towards the end of the day..

View attachment 9933

They are taking more shorts out every day and they would be around 15 to 25% of the daily traded volume (at a guess).

They have over committed, in my opinion and they are too far in, with too little volume on the up (without pushing the share price a lot higher) to back out now.

So they are basically throwing everything they can, to try and get volume at lower prices.
Borrowing more shares every day..

My gut feeling, tells me they are extremely desperate.

There's only 4 business days, until the end of the financial year and a new one begins.
So any tax selling, that's been helping them, will finish.

Really, the only thing on their side, is the rocky markets, but even that, is not providing them, with the volume that they need!

The majority of large holdings, are very tightly held.
They are trying to get the volume from scraps..

Friday's as good a day as any, for a major announcement and then.. Well.. Don't stand too close..

Just my views only.
On the basis of all of the shorter info discussed today, if they are to get very desperate then they will stop at nothing to drive it down. I would expect a lot of noise about lack of revenue in the June quarterly in a few weeks once it is released, coupled with more rubbish about Peter's wonderful donation, lies about cash needs and CR - all the usual stuff. I also suspect they'll be waiting on more interest rate rises from the central bank's and general continued downturn in equities. All of this should be water off the penguin's back (the one sitting on the iceberg) for the 1000 eyes. Just hope the rest hang on and the nasties don't go doing really underhand stuff. If only I had more cash. Unfortunately my darling wife spent it on new couches that therefore have no change down the sides!!

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 32 users
We need something based on or incorporating akida ip, not just an ARM cpu.
We need a strategy of finding out from Renesas themselves:
- are they currently developing a general purpose chip that incorporates akida IP? OR
- are they currently developing a chip that incorporates neuromorphic fabric OR
- are they currently developing a chip that is designed to run Spiking Neural Networks?
IF they are, what's that chips name please?

These are all sexy items. If Renesas had one, they would be touting it. In stead they seem to going to extraordinary lengths to incorporate ARM Cortex chips using Azure RTOS operating system and cloud connect.

If Renesas doesn't have any plans to use our IP with a release date and they have just licensed our IP as a defensive strategy then let's throw our resources behind someone who will, instead of helping someone who is pushing alternate, suboptimal chipsets.

If Mr Dawe could throw us a bone, knowing the extreme lengths we go to only to come up humiliated and frustrated, that would be much appreciated.

Hi Iseki,

You’re a valued poster and obviously a bit passionate about the delays in Renesas producing a product with Akida. Obviously we all want Akida nodes put on a Renesas product asap. Don’t feel humiliated if you get something wrong; we all do; it’s the best way to learn.

I’ve gone back to your original post to try to understand your frustrations better. Forgive me if I am misunderstanding the issue or don’t explain it very well as I’m not a computer person and what I am trying to explain could be wrong anyway so take it with a pinch salt :)

I’m trying to learn also, so I can understand what the company is doing as my future and retirement is invested in it.

The way I understand how it all works is similar to baking a cake. There are many different recipies depending on what result you want to achieve. You can make big cakes, like the Arm M85, or small cakes like the Arm M33. The different families of devices can do different workloads. Using an Arm chip for example is like choosing a brand of flour for the cake. There are many brands. In this instance Renesas are using Arm.

Then the different components are specific to the task the chip is to perform, or like the cake analogy; nuts, raisens or chocolate as per personal preference which might correspond to having for example; bluetooth capabilities, several sensor types and maybe a voice activation system.

Renesas are not going to make an Akida Chip alone unless someone pays them to. The chip/iP needs to be married up with a sensor of some type to recieve information, to then make a decision on that information which is passed onto another part of the device to perform a task. This is my understanding of a System on Chip (SOC). When Brainchip made a chip they also used an Arm chip to put their IP onto it also.

My understanding is that Renesas have paid a million dollars to licence 2 nodes to use in a product (SOC) they are developing. The entire Akida chip had 80 nodes but having 80 nodes when you only need 2 is the equivelant to getting Arnold Swartznagger to lift a feather: not necessary.

We will get royalties from the product as it is sold. Renesas have stated they are going to put 2 nodes onto a System on Chip (SOC) which includes the Arm Cortex M33.

The M33 is a very low powered chip so I am guessing that is why the Akida nodes will be used on it AND why only 2 are required.

If they use something else it will require too much power and therefore will defeat the purpose of getting a low powered chip. An example is the smart wrist watch type applications which is battery powered which is why there was excitement about their latest product release. That was why I was looking into the Voice Wake Activation System but was dissapointed I couldn’t find any details pointing to Akida.

However this is where ultimately Akida will eventually win. As a result of the brilliant neuromorphic cabilities Akida is extremely low powered and yet high performance, plus there is on chip learning. Akida won’t be everywhere, there was always going to be competition. But Akida is the best in class and therefore it will find it’s way into products as it can do what others can’t. So where it is necessary or advantagous to use it I’m sure Renesas will.

If you’re still reading this far, apologies for the length of the post: I hope it makes sense and is helpful.

Cheers

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 67 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

M_C

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

M_C

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
Wouldn't mind some IP into this mkt either...that's a sheetload of doorlocks in the US :)

22/06/2022

US witnesses increasing trend towards smart door locks​

Addison, Tx (USA)​

Chart courtesy of Parks Associates
A new white paper from Parks Associates, entitled "Simplifying the IoT Edge: Smart Spaces Best Practices", addresses the demand, growth, and new business opportunities in IoT edge solutions in apartments and MDUs, retail and warehousing, and hospitality and building management. An interesting finding from the paper shows that although most door locks in the US are currently mechanical, the market trend is towards conversion to smart locks.

The research, developed in partnership with Passivebolt, highlights the rise in demand for secured smart spaces, the growing ecosystem of competitors, and the need for manufacturers to develop partnerships with suppliers who can help them adapt quickly to new opportunities.

“The majority of residential door locks installed in the US are mechanical, but an increasing number of exterior locks are being replaced with smart door locks,” said Jennifer Kent, Vice President, Research, Parks Associates. “As connectivity becomes a de facto requirement to stay competitive, value creation moves to new sets of features and applications. Manufacturers must engage in constant innovation and explore new strategies to take products to market quickly.”

The whitepaper reveals that smart door locks and associated whole-building access control systems have fuelled the recent acceleration in smart apartment adoption—15% of multi-dwelling unit (MDU) owners/operators report having a secure access system in common areas that include IoT devices they can access and control remotely. A similar percentage have connected access solutions for individual units. One-third of MDU property managers report that their residents are demanding the ability to enable remote access to apartment units.

Whether established market leaders or start-ups, smart access control product and system manufacturers are under constant pressure to keep innovating. Product lifecycles for smart products – which demand software updates, new connectivity standards, sensor integration, and cyber security patches – are dramatically shorter than traditional, unconnected or locally networked solutions. Manufacturers must be more agile, respond faster to changing market conditions, and get new features to consumers faster than the organisation may be able to move.

“Feature innovations, such as biometric verification, integrated video cameras, voice control via smart speakers, and integration with home delivery services, just keep coming,” Kent said.

“Manufacturers try to keep up, but the fragmented nature of the space and the lack of a mature supply chain may be depressing this market’s ability to scale.”
Kabir Maiga, Co-Founder of Passivebolt, suggests a Tier-1 market structure, a model long utilised in the automotive and other mature industries, can fuel industry growth. “A Tier-1 supply structure can result in more effective R&D, rapid pivots to adapt to changing market conditions, and easier integrations across the smart home and IoT spaces.”

Smart access companies are constantly looking for incremental innovation, progress, and technology development that make products better year over year. Suppliers have an opportunity to better serve manufacturers by operating on a Tier-1 structure, which could provide a more systematic and cost-efficient approach for the development and release of the next generation of products.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
I've had a quick search but honestly CBF at the moment to keep searching. I noticed the rob telson like on intellisense post had hash tags with phase 1 and sbir hashtags. If anyone could be bothered searching the sbir site to see if they can find anything relevant.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
Hi Iseki,

You’re a valued poster and obviously a bit passionate about the delays in Renesas producing a product with Akida. Obviously we all want Akida nodes put on a Renesas product asap. Don’t feel humiliated if you get something wrong; we all do; it’s the best way to learn.

I’ve gone back to your original post to try to understand your frustrations better. Forgive me if I am misunderstanding the issue or don’t explain it very well as I’m not a computer person and what I am trying to explain could be wrong anyway so take it with a pinch salt :)

I’m trying to learn also, so I can understand what the company is doing as my future and retirement is invested in it.

The way I understand how it all works is similar to baking a cake. There are many different recipies depending on what result you want to achieve. You can make big cakes, like the Arm M85, or small cakes like the Arm M33. The different families of devices can do different workloads. Using an Arm chip for example is like choosing a brand of flour for the cake. There are many brands. In this instance Renesas are using Arm.

Then the different components are specific to the task the chip is to perform, or like the cake analogy; nuts, raisens or chocolate as per personal preference which might correspond to having for example; bluetooth capabilities, several sensor types and maybe a voice activation system.

Renesas are not going to make an Akida Chip alone unless someone pays them to. The chip/iP needs to be married up with a sensor of some type to recieve information, to then make a decision on that information which is passes onto another part of the device perform a task. This is my understanding of a System on Chip (SOC). When Brainchip made a chip they also used an Arm chip to put their IP onto it also.

My understanding is that Renesas have paid a million dollars to licence 2 nodes to use in a product (SOC) they are developing. The entire Akida chip had 80 nodes but having 80 nodes when you only need 2 is the equivelant to getting Arnold Swartznagger to lift a feather: not necessary.

We will get royalties from the product as it is sold. Renesas have stated they are going to put 2 nodes onto a System on Chip (SOC) which includes the Arm Cortex M33.

The M33 is a very low powered chip so I am guessing that is why the Akida nodes will be used on it AND why only 2 are required.

If they use something else it will require too much power and therefore will defeat the purpose of getting a low powered chip. An example is the smart wrist watch type applications which is battery powered which is why there was excitement about their latest product release. That was why I was looking into the Voice Wake Activation System but was dissapointed I couldn’t find any details pointing to Akida.

However this is where ultimately Akida will eventually win. As a result of the brilliant neuromorphic cabilities Akida is extremely low powered and yet high performance, plus there is on chip learning. Akida won’t be everywhere, there was always going to be competition. But Akida is the best in class and therefore it will find it’s way into products as it can do what others can’t. So where it is necessary or advantagous to use it I’m sure Renesas will.

If you’re still reading this far, apologies for the length of the post: I hope it makes sense and is helpful.

Cheers
Great post Stable Genius 👍
You are indeed showing your rationality!

The way I see Renesas, is that they are trying to fill every ecological niche possible, in the semiconductor World.

They are a Global leader, they would have a partner list, a mile long..

They want to be everything in the semiconductor World.

Their IP licence with us, fills one of those niches.

It might only be a particular group "suite" of insects, to use a natural analogy.

But insects as a whole, make up 75% of all animal species and 40% of all living things (these flies were plucked from the Web).

So nobody, should discount, the smaller applications, when it comes to the semiconductor World, their numbers are magnitudes greater!

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Reactions: 2 users

M_C

Founding Member
Apologies if posted already

View attachment 9970

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users
From IG a couple days ago.

At least they're in our corner :D

ASX stocks to watch if the economy enters a recession: Woolworths, ANZ and BrainChip

As the recession concern spreads across the financial market, which sectors and stocks have the potential to demonstrate their resilience? Today we are looking at three ASX stocks

Hebe Chen | Market Analyst , Melbourne |
Tuesday 21 June 2022 11:16

Concern over the recession is rapidly spreading across the global financial market and the market is responding in a determinedly pessimistic way. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq are trapped in a bear market with the Dow Jones following and the ASX 200 had the worst fortnight as the index tumbled down 11% in June.

The stock market has historically managed to show strong resilience in difficult times as stocks outperformed the S&P 500 but the question this time is, which sectors and stocks have the potential to demonstrate this strength again?

Today, we look at three ASX sectors.

Technology sector: BrainChip

BrainChip had been on a rollercoaster this year. Its share price experienced some freefalling moments with a more than a 15% decline in contrast to great times when the price jumped up more than 5% in consecutive days. However, despite tumbling from its peak early this year, the BrainChip share price is still up 60% over the last 12 months.

The Australian artificial intelligence (AI) technology company has gained a lot of attention since the company was accepted into the Arm AI Partner Program last month. The global leading AI program will enable BrainChip to access Akida, the world’s first commercial neuromorphic AI accelerator, to foster the development of world-class AI products and applications. Although the company is yet to generate much revenue, that doesn’t stop the investor from associating the company with massive potential in the future.

According to the daily chart, the price just managed to break out from the descending trend line since the end of May and an attempt to touch the 20 days-moving average has failed on the first try but is set to the critical watch point for the next couple of days.

If the price has overcome the imminent resistance around $1.0, the level of 1.05 will be the next destination. On the flip side, the previous trendline should be able to stop or at least pause the decline at $0.83.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users
Interesting.

Don't know tbh.

NECR only moving to Phase 2 now for NASA but who's to say maybe Intellisense integrated Akida elsewhere as well?
Thats why i started searching for the grant will have a better look later on today.

Reactions: 4 users
Thats why i started searching for the grant will have a better look later on today.
Wonder if to do with this one then?

Intellisense to Aus DoD.

Micro weather stations.

Screenshot_2022-06-23-22-56-27-21_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Original DoD Tender info

Screenshot_2022-06-23-23-01-36-99_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom