BRN Discussion Ongoing

Dhm

Regular
I couldn’t believe how good that interview was. Blew me away. I was driving and I had to pull over to calm myself down!! The interviewer seemed a little distracted and reminded me of George Constanza from Seinfeld. “Ok….”

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

ndefries

Regular
I couldn’t believe how good that interview was. Blew me away. I was driving and I had to pull over to calm myself down!! The interviewer seemed a little distracted and reminded me of George Constanza from Seinfeld. “Ok….”
Hope you have window tinting. Sounds like it got steamy.

Reactions: 4 users

I was thinking earlier and I don't do that often, but the more I think about it I recon its BRN that are using the NDA more than the customers?

I hope not as there are 15 or so EAP customers who have allegedly not stuck their heads above the trenches yet.

On a serious note the former CEO Mr. Dinardo did state that the NDA’s were as important to Brainchip perhaps more than to some of their customers.

One reason would be intellectual property theft. Those who wish to steal it would find it hard to steal from companies they don’t know have it for testing etc;

If a competitor was already in a long standing relationship with an EAP think Intel and Mercedes for instance established friendships could prove weak links.???

Anyway just a few thoughts.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 24 users

Slade

Top 20
9A907940-26E4-4AF4-9524-49ACD95D065E.jpeg

Definitely cause for a little celebration. Sean is beaming with confidence. He is someone who likes to win and he has been handed a big head start on the competitors. All we have to do is sit back and watch him and the team go. I can handle that.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Don’t think for one moment that Germany would let go Mercedes they like every other country have laws around foreign acquisitions.

Elon Musk might be flavour of some peoples month but I do not think German politicians would ignore what Mercedes Benz means to Germany.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Good Afternoon FactFinder,

Totally agree.

Cheers for all your posts, always enilghtening.

Regards ,
Esq.

Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I think it's going to be a brutal war for winning customers. We've been looking for some cars ( Toyota, Honda, VW) and second hand market is literally empty!!! New cars are far too expensive for the average Joe and I am not going to pay £300 a month to drive Prius (no offense to anyone:D). With combination engines going south :( in my opinion Fuel cell for long trips and Full electric for towns and short distances will be an option. BRN has a massive role to play in here and I am sure we will hear something this year about them entering it nicely (except Merc).
Hi Damo,

With the advances in Silicon/Graphite anode batteries (see TLG), 700 to 800 km will become the base range for EVs. So that's, say, 8 to 9 hours driving. All the driver-reviver stops will have charging points, so I don't see range anxiety as being a problem.

Locally, you can fit a VFRB (Vanadium Redox Flow Batteries) (AVL) to your solar system and recharge overnight without fear of the spontaneous combustion of Lithium ion batteries.

Maybe fuel cells for the long range trucks because they would take much longer to charge their batteries.

Reactions: 15 users

Equitable

Regular
Yes, Thank you very much for your reply.
This was the sort of thing I assumed you were alluding to, but just wanted to understand the potential downside more clearly.
I guess all leverage is a two edged sword, amplifying both upside and downside.
Good on you Beebo.
Nice to be on a winner here. :)
I agree with the principle of never taking out a margin loan because of the risk of a margin call that could blow up your portfolio. Another option (which I give only as a suggestion, not advice) is to use equity in your home or investment property (if you have one and have plenty of equity in it).

Home or investment property loans are generally not exposed to margin calls so short term drops in share prices are not a problem. You do need to take into account the extra repayments and interest you might incur over the long term. Naturally, use the drawdown in moderation.

If you're not familiar with this but are still interested, I would sugggest talking to a financial planner (if you know a reliable one) and have them do some number crunching/modelling for you. If you proceed, definitely talk to your accountant beforehand to ensure it fits in tax-wise, especially regarding deducibility of interest and the records you need to keep.

I hope that helps. Again, not given as advice - just a suggestion to look at.

Reactions: 12 users

Equitable

Regular
clooch has posted often on HC and is very strong in her views so here is another example of how she feels, it doesn't make her right or wrong it just another persons view I guess and that is why forums are created for open discussion ... cheers Bien
She could have expressed her feelings without referring to valuable contributors as blowhards. Unfortunately, being polite was not always a feature of HC.

Reactions: 8 users

Shadow59

Regular
'Some of the most forward thinking companies in the world and Governments are looking at this and testing it and trying it and in some cases buying it.'

Question: Should we start to see revenue ramp up this year or what year?

Answer: EXPECTING THIS YEAR FOR
SURE. - CEO Brainchip Sean Hehir.

2 interesting quotes from the interview.
Sean would not say "buying" it if there was not some sort of done deal somewhere.
Here is where Renesas and Megachips step into the game. The deal most likely will be with one of these suppliers so we may never hear of a contract announcement. That way the NDA's will be maintained.
I contacted Tony when the Megachip deal went down asking about this, whether they would use Megachips and Renesas in this way.
I felt he was evasive, in saying that when they sign a contract with anyone they have to announce it on asx. He never really answered my question.
If the deal is signed with Megachips or Renesas, Brainchip don't have to say anything.
We for the most part will only really know from the 4C's income. There will be some excitement preceding each 4C from here forward, as the deals increase so should the royalties and licence fees. So each following income should be greater than the previous.

• Fire
Reactions: 40 users

Shadow59

Regular
Don’t think for one moment that Germany would let go Mercedes they like every other country have laws around foreign acquisitions.

Elon Musk might be flavour of some peoples month but I do not think German politicians would ignore what Mercedes Benz means to Germany.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Geely (China ) acquired Volvo. All things are possible.

Reactions: 3 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
Reactions: 4 users
The absolute money shot in this Wall Street interview has to be the following question and answer:

Question: Should we start to see revenue ramp up this year or what year?

Answer: EXPECTING THIS YEAR FOR
SURE. - CEO Brainchip Sean Hehir.

The full discussion regarding revenue commences at 13.43 in the video.

Also note that the CEO Sean Hehir in talking about Mercedes makes the point that Brainchip is restricted in talking about Mercedes and can only reference what Mercedes has released and allowed to be published.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

The notion that Brainchip are strategically targeting certain industries grabbed my attention. They are not content to sit back, hoping that someone will come and buy their product

"What we look for is, industries that are in change in competitive situations...that's what we look for, it's those kind of industries. Things that are changing and need really cutting edge functionality...more static organisations or vertical, we steer away from them...anything that is changing quickly, those are the industries that we see adoption"

Sean goes on to specifically mention the following as industries in "very rapid change"
  • medical
  • industrial
  • automobile
  • as well as noting "some interesting use cases such as drones as well"

It's only a matter of time until all of the seeds start to produce fruit IMO
DYOR
TLS

• Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Fox151

Regular
We already knew about Edge Impulse... but surely this has to be Akida IP....

Screenshot_20220209-184415_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 64 users

Damo0127

Good to have you here mate 👍 😉
Hi mate. Thank you. I've managed to find this comment section:D Thanks for help ;) Good to be here!

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users
D

Deleted member 118

I hope not as there are 15 or so EAP customers who have allegedly not stuck their heads above the trenches yet.

On a serious note the former CEO Mr. Dinardo did state that the NDA’s were as important to Brainchip perhaps more than to some of their customers.

One reason would be intellectual property theft. Those who wish to steal it would find it hard to steal from companies they don’t know have it for testing etc;

If a competitor was already in a long standing relationship with an EAP think Intel and Mercedes for instance established friendships could prove weak links.???

Anyway just a few thoughts.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I think BRN would love to disclose who has signed the EAP, but on a business point of view if other customers knew a better competitor had signed then maybe they would have 2nd thoughts and unless a customer has a product like mercedes had to show, then they cant reveal anything under brn nda

While revel Samsung, when you could get both Apple and Samsung to sign up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Slade

Top 20
Reactions: 16 users

Fox151

Regular
Reactions: 14 users

Slade

Top 20
So both Renesas, Edge Impulse, Google and Collins Aerospace are appearing together with BrainChip to discuss and demonstrate Edge AI at at the Embedded Innovation week on February 15th. Come on now.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 56 users

Slade

Top 20
They even got a link with photos of each companies representative. No dots required.

Reactions: 18 users
Top Bottom