BRN Discussion Ongoing

greatlake

Regular
My main gripe about the SP nosedive is that I'd emptied my piggy bank buying on the way down and was skint when it hit 3 cents.
LOL, in the grand scheme of things your averaging down has paid the piggy, and the piper in folds. Well done to you sir.

Reactions: 12 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
My main gripe about the SP nosedive is that I'd emptied my piggy bank buying on the way down and was skint when it hit 3 cents.
Me too. :) Dodgy Knees, me too.....still managed to accumulate enough to be on the high side of happy now though.
Keep off the moors old boy, that Baskerville hound is about and Henry's lost his key.

Reactions: 13 users

hamilton66

Regular
We wouldn't want a prestige customer come knocking on our door, only to be told: "All our consultants are busy - take a number and have a seat."
D, interesting times!
GLTA

Reactions: 11 users

Deena

Regular
I bought a quantity at 4.7 cents and participated i the cap raise at 6 cents, but like you I started at 18 cents and bought on the way down ... and more on the way up again. This is a great game isn't it?

Reactions: 23 users

greatlake

Regular
"Fingers crossed I can unload my 10 million options sometime soon" Did you get them unloaded? I'm not going to even try to research that possibility.
Sounds like you’ve blown 10 million brain cells, your best options are not to bullshit your way in our new forum.

Reactions: 23 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Me too. :) Dodgy Knees, me too.....still managed to accumulate enough to be on the high side of happy now though.
Keep off the moors old boy, that Baskerville hound is about and Henry's lost his key.

Mustn't grumble.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
FF, I am Sladius, there is no one like me LOL. But I get what you are saying. Coincidently, I went on to the AVZ thread earlier today for the purpose of learning more about the lithium market (not necessarily to directly invest in it). I think as TSEx grows, Zeebot will have an opportunity to expand TSEx's wings. A TSEx educational hub could well be a popular addition. There are already so many clever TSEx members covering expertise in many areas. It would be great if their knowledge could be captured and shared. I'd be more than happy to be included in discussions on what this kind of online hub might look like (between drinks of course). FF, while I have your attention I have been thinking that BRN shareholders could benefit from another thread, which I am kind of hoping you will kick start, as you have already covered the topic on Crapper. A 'BRN Shareholder's Strategy' thread. We all have plans, are making plans, or should have plans. You have spoken about this before. There are a lot of factors that come in when trying to figure out a plan. When I hear of shareholders saying they are going to hold for 20 years, all I can think of is that would buy me a great funeral. There are so many factors to consider when making such a plan: age, family, tax, financial goals etc, etc. It would be great to read about the different strategies that BRN shareholder's have.
Hi Sladius
Never know when you are sober as you always make sense. LOL
I think yes it would be a good idea. The main problem would be as you point out everyone has their own individual situation to have regard to and not sure if disclosing the full depth of needed information to properly talk about an individuals plans on social media makes sense. Having said that there is a place for posters to discuss plans in a more general sense.

Recently over on that other place someone stated that once your move to pension phase in your SMSF at your indexed amount which I think is currently 1.7 million you started to pay tax in your super fund if the earnings took you over this amount. I believed this to be incorrect and spoke to my accountant to make sure things had not changed and he confirmed my view.

The point of this is that the other poster spoke with conviction and in my opinion definitely believed the advice he/she was giving. It is also possible I misunderstood what they were intending to convey.

I am sort of thinking aloud at the moment on this and there are lots of issues to be considered.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 15 users

ndefries

Regular
Who was doing the teasing? Sounds like we might have an HC downramper lurking here...
(Dip)Stickshifter! It's interesting that they do not comment here with their usual garbage. It's a interesting situation and unique in the world of online forums.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Mws

Regular
Hi Barrel. Sorry mate that legendary username just sticks with me. Regardless of our quota the general consensus is moving north. I’m not underestimating what’s at stake here. The best part about being a holder over the last four years is the trial and tribulations. 2020 in February and I’m down some 70 percent in my holding and clawing into the ground not giving up. Today up 1500 percent and I feel like Andy in the Shawshenk redemption crawling through a pile of shit and coming clean out the other side like James Bond in an Armani suit. Time can only tell how big this gets.
Awesome analogy

Reactions: 4 users

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real
FF, I am Sladius, there is no one like me LOL. But I get what you are saying. Coincidently, I went on to the AVZ thread earlier today for the purpose of learning more about the lithium market (not necessarily to directly invest in it). I think as TSEx grows, Zeebot will have an opportunity to expand TSEx's wings. A TSEx educational hub could well be a popular addition. There are already so many clever TSEx members covering expertise in many areas. It would be great if their knowledge could be captured and shared. I'd be more than happy to be included in discussions on what this kind of online hub might look like (between drinks of course). FF, while I have your attention I have been thinking that BRN shareholders could benefit from another thread, which I am kind of hoping you will kick start, as you have already covered the topic on Crapper. A 'BRN Shareholder's Strategy' thread. We all have plans, are making plans, or should have plans. You have spoken about this before. There are a lot of factors that come in when trying to figure out a plan. When I hear of shareholders saying they are going to hold for 20 years, all I can think of is that would buy me a great funeral. There are so many factors to consider when making such a plan: age, family, tax, financial goals etc, etc. It would be great to read about the different strategies that BRN shareholder's have.
Fantastic idea Slade, hopefully we can discuss our respective strategies and a resolved tennis elbow over a beer in Melbourne soon!!

Reactions: 4 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
"Fingers crossed I can unload my 10 million options sometime soon" Did you get them unloaded? I'm not going to even try to research that possibility.

My options in MLS - no, I have not unloaded them. But this is not the MLS forum, buddy!

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you’ve blown 10 million brain cells, your best options are not to bullshit your way in our new forum.

He is talking about a different stock (MLS), but trying to spook others here. Probably a troll. Probably going to troll hell depending on the next moves.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

greatlake

Regular
He is talking about a different stock (MLS), but trying to spook others here. Probably a troll. Probably going to troll hell depending on the next moves.
No shit mate, press the eject button

Reactions: 14 users

Brubaker

Regular
We, all of us, have your back Zeeb0t

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

Slade

Top 20
Fantastic idea Slade, hopefully we can discuss our respective strategies and a resolved tennis elbow over a beer in Melbourne soon!!
Thanks Andy. And thank you for the injury advice. Pleased to say the elbow is feeling good. Hope to exercise it with a few cold ones when we catch up in Melbourne one day.

Medina

Hey everyone. Finally came across. My account on HC was deleted today by moderators after I posted the link to this forum numerous times 😆.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have a link (or document) of all the open shorts? Didn’t seem to find them online.

Thanks in advance.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

JDelekto

Regular
Hey everyone. Finally came across. My account on HC was deleted today by moderators after I posted the link to this forum numerous times 😆.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have a link (or document) of all the open shorts? Didn’t seem to find them online.

Thanks in advance.
You can use the link on shortman https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=BRN, but there is a T+4 lag. The document from the ASX is linked on the bottom of that page (https://www.asx.com.au/data/shortsell.txt).

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Dhm

Regular
Hi Sladius
I think yes it would be a good idea. The main problem would be as you point out everyone has their own individual situation to have regard to and not sure if disclosing the full depth of needed information to properly talk about an individuals plans on social media makes sense. Having said that there is a place for posters to discuss plans in a more general sense.

Recently over on that other place someone stated that once your move to pension phase in your SMSF at your indexed amount which I think is currently 1.7 million you started to pay tax in your super fund if the earnings took you over this amount. I believed this to be incorrect and spoke to my accountant to make sure things had not changed and he confirmed my view.

The point of this is that the other poster spoke with conviction and in my opinion definitely believed the advice he/she was giving. It is also possible I misunderstood what they were intending to convey.

I am sort of thinking aloud at the moment on this and there are lots of issues to be considered.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
It may have been me but I believe I said if you start with $1.6 million (Govt allocated amount) and your investment exceeds that you still pay no tax. Even if the investment goes to say $50 million. Ya got to love pension mode.

Reactions: 8 users

jk6199

Regular
Can’t be sure, but maybe questionable character off MSB forum ?

Reactions: 1 users

Slade

Top 20
Hi Sladius

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Tax considerations and alike are exactly the kind of things that can help shareholders. Not giving advice but allowing them to consider things that they may not have thought of before and even links to places where they can get more information. I know what you mean about there being certain personal details that might not be appropriate for TSEx. The thread could be more a ‘Have you considered’ kind of approach. Setting up such a thread needs more careful thought. Could get a little tricky.

Top Bottom