BRN Discussion Ongoing

Fox151

Regular
I've heard that the best Defence, is to know your Enemy, sometimes playing games to keep them busy can be fun
Oh, it's fun. I had a lot of fun until the fun police banned me for life. They wouldn't even approve my alter-ego Jag Sandwich from joining. Their mods clearly lack a sense of humor.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
D, not sure I'll ever get used to ur new name!
Not sure if this has been posted, but would love ur take.
GLTA
Just think of Dodgy Knees -- you can call me dodgy for short.

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users
I've just posted this on the TMH thread and am reposting it here, as it may be of interest, to BRN holders 😉

I have a hypothesis, on how TMH runs hotcrapper, which is along the lines of..

At some point, hotcrapper (from now on HC) decided a "conflict model", was a good way to increase discussions and forum visits.

Paid employees of HC, were given assignments, to debate and offer alternative views, on popular companies, to increase posts and discussion, increasing traffic and making advertising, more attractive to marketers.

Somewhere along the line, when "downramping" these stocks, they realised, that the negative sentiment being created, was actually influencing the share price (such was the reach and use, of HC, by retail investors).

At some further point, either the managers or owners, of HC, or associates of theirs, saw the opportunity, to make money from the influence of HC on retail holders.

This is where, paid downramping and trolling, became used as a tool, beyond their "conflict model", on select "target companies" to make money, using the leverage of shorting.

At some further point again, the pinning of ***************** articles, was added to the mix, using tabloidly, derogatory, inventive and dramatic journalism, to cast the company in a bad light and negatively impact sentiment.

This pinning is always accompanied by, an increase in shorting, as well as an increase in both paid "intelligent?" downrampers and less intelligent, troll minions, aimed at disrupting and overpowering, constructive discussions on the threads, of the target company.

This appears to have been a successful strategy, as TMH revenues, dramatically increased, from full year 2020, to full year 2021.

That is until, they encountered Brainchip.
But of course, the story of this hypothesis, of TMH or associates, shorting BRN in particular, while using HC and articles published by TMH, as tools to manipulate the market, is not over yet..

I want to stress, that this is just a hypothesis, nothing more!

I would however, appreciate any help, from anyone, with links to similar articles and the dates they were pinned, onto other stocks, for further study 😛

I remember someone saying Novonix (NVX) has also been a target?

My opinions only.

I'd like to add, that I do condone plagiarism, of my posts, should this end up on HC 😉👍

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 48 users

Slade

Top 20
I was thinking just now that in due course someone like Slade who if I remember correctly has an interest in education could give some thought to how we might best set up or go about providing a question on answer hub for new to the market and Brainchip investors. I am not a person who follows the charts but I was on the chart thread this morning, and reading through was impressed with how it is running now that it is a civilised thread unpopulated by those with other agendas. I thought to myself that these guys have a real opportunity to educate those that are interested in charting and I think some if not all probably enjoy the educational aspect of speaking about what and how they do it.

Anyway just a thought for a future time.
FF.

AKIDA BALLISTA
FF, I am Sladius, there is no one like me LOL. But I get what you are saying. Coincidently, I went on to the AVZ thread earlier today for the purpose of learning more about the lithium market (not necessarily to directly invest in it). I think as TSEx grows, Zeebot will have an opportunity to expand TSEx's wings. A TSEx educational hub could well be a popular addition. There are already so many clever TSEx members covering expertise in many areas. It would be great if their knowledge could be captured and shared. I'd be more than happy to be included in discussions on what this kind of online hub might look like (between drinks of course). FF, while I have your attention I have been thinking that BRN shareholders could benefit from another thread, which I am kind of hoping you will kick start, as you have already covered the topic on Crapper. A 'BRN Shareholder's Strategy' thread. We all have plans, are making plans, or should have plans. You have spoken about this before. There are a lot of factors that come in when trying to figure out a plan. When I hear of shareholders saying they are going to hold for 20 years, all I can think of is that would buy me a great funeral. There are so many factors to consider when making such a plan: age, family, tax, financial goals etc, etc. It would be great to read about the different strategies that BRN shareholder's have.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users
Click on Forums > Forums List > Wait moment then type in BRN in space at top.
Or at the top of any of the thread pages if you click on the blue "Brainchip Holdings Ltd" it takes you there as well.

Reactions: 6 users

hamilton66

Regular
Hi 66,

Well I'd never heard of this tech, so I'm not up to speed on the prospects.

ECRAM = ElectroChemical Random Access Memory.

As far as I understand it, the electrochemical bit refers to a what I would descrbe as the merging of an electrochemical capacitor (a bit similar to a battery) with a field effect transistor (FET). The transistor includes an electrolyte through which ions, eg, Li+, travel between source and drain under control of the gate voltage to change the charge state of the device.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/smsc.202100006

Figure 7

View attachment 562

However, it seems to be very much at a research stage:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrochemical_RAM

I would think it will not emerge as a practical device array for several years, if at all.

"We will [therefore] be able to fabricate special purpose computer blocks (in say 5-10 years) where memory and transistors merge making them at least 1000 times more energy efficient than the best computers we have today for AI and simulation tasks (some calculation even show 1 million fold energy efficiency for certain algorithms).

We can likely expect the first commercial product to land before the end of this decade as the GTM (Go to Market) strategy requires at least five years of trials.
"

The comparison of 1000 times more energy efficiency than other ECRAMS only suggests that current ECRAMs are pretty slow because they say they need to scale to 2nm to become as fast as real transistors. Remembering that they are talking about a lab model, this means their current implementation is slower than real transistors.

Prof google shows that there is a lot of research in the ECRAM field.

As far as NNs are concerned, most of the talk is of ReRAMS.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/smsc.202100006

4.3 Artificial Neurons and Artificial Synapses​

CMOS integrated circuits used for simulation usually have a sundry circuit architecture, which is unlikely to be the ultimate solution for future artificial intelligence applications in terms of power consumption and size. Meanwhile, due to their conduction mechanism, which is similar to neural dynamics, and structure, which is similar to that of synapses, memristors are the most reported nonlinear storage devices used to simulate artificial synapses and artificial neurons.[59]

Figure 11

View attachment 557
The biological synaptic plasticity is an important parameter affecting the ability of synapses to achieve memory and learning. It is a measure of the synapse strength (corresponding to conductance of the device) as a function of the activity of neurons (electrical signals). Depending on the length of pulse duration, synaptic plasticity can be divided into short-term plasticity and long-term plasticity (STP and LTP). In the Ti3C2 artificial synapses, when a pair of adjacent spikes was applied, the postsynaptic current increased, and the depolarization-induced excitatory postsynaptic current increased sharply and then decreased in a short time, which is STP (Figure 11d). PPF is a polymerized form of STP. That is, in an artificial synapse, the application of one pulse will cause some ions to remain in the synapse, and then the second pulse will enhance the synaptic response. Similar to the behavior of biological synapses, artificial synapses can realize tunable synaptic weights by adjusting the pulse duration, number, amplitude, and frequency.
Figure 11e shows the spike-duration-dependent plasticity of the Ti3C2 artificial synapses.

Figure 11 cont ...
View attachment 561

When the spike amplitude was fixed, the increase in the pulse time increased the number of ions that escaped from the surface of the MXene, resulting in a significant increase in the synaptic strength. By the same principle, when the number of spikes increased from 1 to 10, the synaptic weight of the Ti3C2 synapses increased sharply, exhibiting spike-number-dependent plasticity. However, a continuous increase in the number of pulses (≈50) caused the synapse weight to reach saturation and completed the STP-to-LTP conversion process. This is because as the number of spikes increased, a significant number of Li+ ions migrated to the Ti3C2-MXene/LPE surface, and some ions even escaped from the internal channel of Ti3C2. When the pulses were removed, the time for Li+ ions to return to their original position became longer, which means that the synaptic weight of Ti3C2 could be precisely adjusted by controlling the interval and sequence between the voltage pulses.

Escaping ions sounds like one problem they will need to fix.
D, thanks for ur reply, and effort in it. Much of it goes over my head. Does however sound like they have plenty of problems to solve before it even becomes a viable option. Certainly no competition in the forseeable future. Have to admit, I'm hanging for a bit of meaty news from mgt. S/P aside, I'd just love to see BRN continue to shore up it's bona fides as a co, and smack down the detractors. A bonfire of burning shorts would also widen my grin.
GLTA

Reactions: 17 users

Fox151

Regular
I've just posted this on the TMH thread and am reposting it here, as it may be of interest, to BRN holders 😉

I have a hypothesis, on how THH runs hotcrapper, which is along the lines of..

At some point, hotcrapper (from now on HC) decided a "conflict model", was a good way to increase discussions and forum visits.

Paid employees of HC, were given assignments, to debate and offer alternative views, on popular companies, to increase posts and discussion, increasing traffic and making advertising, more attractive to marketers.

Somewhere along the line, when "downramping" these stocks, they realised, that the negative sentiment being created, was actually influencing the share price (such was the reach and use, of HC, by retail investors).

At some further point, either the managers or owners, of HC, or associates of theirs, saw the opportunity, to make money from the influence of HC on retail holders.

This is where, paid downramping and trolling, became used as a tool, beyond their "conflict model", on select "target companies" to make money, using the leverage of shorting.

At some further point again, the pinning of ***************** articles, was added to the mix, using tabloidly, derogatory, inventive and dramatic journalism, to cast the company in a bad light and negatively impact sentiment.

This pinning is always accompanied by, an increase in shorting, as well as an increase in both paid "intelligent?" downrampers and less intelligent, troll minions, aimed at disrupting and overpowering, constructive discussions on the threads, of the target company.

This appears to have been a successful strategy, as TMH revenues, dramatically increased, from full year 2020, to full year 2021.

But of course, the story of this hypothesis, of TMH or associates, shorting BRN in particular, while using HC and articles published by TMH, as a tool to manipulate the market, is not over yet..

I would however, appreciate any help, from anyone, with links to similar articles and the dates they were pinned, onto other stocks, for further study 😛

My opinions only.

I'd like to add, that I do condone plagiarism, of my posts, should this end up on HC 😉👍
Love your work Dingo. This is a pretty succinct and reasonable assessment. Typical of the finance industry - start with a reasonably justifiable model, then find an advantage, abuse it, and end up in a position where you're committing potential criminal offences. Allegedly.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Hi GL,

The thing about forecasts is that they are invariably wrong.

However, without having read the basis on which the forecast was made , I would think that the AI market would include much more than NN chips. There is usually a lot of other stuff, sensors, displays, WiFi ... which make up the components sold in the AI field.

So I take a smaller proportion of the forecast market as being the NN market, eg, 10%, and then I allocate another fraction, eg, one fifth to BrainChip. So assuming $US60 billion to be in the ballpark, I would be pleased if BrainChip's share got to $US1.2 billion, which could be rounded up to $AU2 billion. Even with a moderate multiplier of 10, that would be a market capital of $AU20 billion.

Of course, my estimates of 10% and one fifth are plucked from thin air and have no basis in reality, other than to dampen my vaunting hubris.
Hi Dio
You could also use the 200 billion dollars worth of semiconductors predicted to be used in Electric Vehicles by 2040 to run your 10% on. The rubbery nature of the numbers and the lack of detail in the reports I have read led me to my 1% idea.

I think we would both agree with the statement by Ken Scarince that AKIDA is going to disrupt industries that do not exist yet and so it really is a great big fun game we can play.

The 60 billion is the edge market. What about the comments by Rob Lincourt of having a neural processor like AKIDA in data centres offloading the so called current Ai processing. That market will exist even when AKIDA dominates at the edge.

I think the numbers are just so big and so able to change at a moments notice as the World gets serious about 2030, 2040, 2050 and with a whole lot of luck 2060 that what ever the market is at this precise moment in time it will be a little bigger in the next precise moment in time.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 36 users

greatlake

Regular
Hi GL,

The thing about forecasts is that they are invariably wrong.

However, without having read the basis on which the forecast was made , I would think that the AI market would include much more than NN chips. There is usually a lot of other stuff, sensors, displays, WiFi ... which make up the components sold in the AI field.

So I take a smaller proportion of the forecast market as being the NN market, eg, 10%, and then I allocate another fraction, eg, one fifth to BrainChip. So assuming $US60 billion to be in the ballpark, I would be pleased if BrainChip's share got to $US1.2 billion, which could be rounded up to $AU2 billion. Even with a moderate multiplier of 10, that would be a market capital of $AU20 billion.

Of course, my estimates of 10% and one fifth are plucked from thin air and have no basis in reality, other than to dampen my vaunting hubris.

Hi Barrel. Sorry mate that legendary username just sticks with me. Regardless of our quota the general consensus is moving north. I’m not underestimating what’s at stake here. The best part about being a holder over the last four years is the trial and tribulations. 2020 in February and I’m down some 70 percent in my holding and clawing into the ground not giving up. Today up 1500 percent and I feel like Andy in the Shawshenk redemption crawling through a pile of shit and coming clean out the other side like James Bond in an Armani suit. Time can only tell how big this gets.

• Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Brubaker

Regular
Akida Neural Processor.. No CPU required.........still having trouble getting my head around that one.

Extraordinary Technology

Reactions: 20 users

Dijon101

Regular

I have a hypothesis, on how THH runs hotcrapper, which is along the lines of..

But of course, the story of this hypothesis, of TMH or associates, shorting BRN in particular, while using HC and articles published by TMH, as a tool to manipulate the market, is not over yet..

My opinions only.

I can actually remember the previous owner of hotcrapper posting on a stock thread on Facebook.
This is totally from memory so don't crucify me if I get the details wrong. however the details of his post was something along the lines of:
When he started hotcrapper the average return on investment was something like 90% profit
After he sold the return on investment dropped to 30% profit.

Basically hotcrapper was started by a group of individuals as a place for retail investors to share information.
It became successful and was bought out.

Just a hunch, but it was bought out to manipulate and lessen the profits for retail investors.

Reactions: 18 users

Jumpchooks

Regular
FF, I am Sladius, there is no one like me LOL. But I get what you are saying. Coincidently, I went on to the AVZ thread earlier today for the purpose of learning more about the lithium market (not necessarily to directly invest in it). I think as TSEx grows, Zeebot will have an opportunity to expand TSEx's wings. A TSEx educational hub could well be a popular addition. There are already so many clever TSEx members covering expertise in many areas. It would be great if their knowledge could be captured and shared. I'd be more than happy to be included in discussions on what this kind of online hub might look like (between drinks of course). FF, while I have your attention I have been thinking that BRN shareholders could benefit from another thread, which I am kind of hoping you will kick start, as you have already covered the topic on Crapper. A 'BRN Shareholder's Strategy' thread. We all have plans, are making plans, or should have plans. You have spoken about this before. There are a lot of factors that come in when trying to figure out a plan. When I hear of shareholders saying they are going to hold for 20 years, all I can think of is that would buy me a great funeral. There are so many factors to consider when making such a plan: age, family, tax, financial goals etc, etc. It would be great to read about the different strategies that BRN shareholder's have.
Am I knaieve

Reactions: 1 users

Dang Son

Regular

I have a hypothesis, on how TMH runs hotcrapper, which is along the lines of..

My opinions only.

Hi Dingo
I suggest communicate with and maybe email your hypothesis to Stock Swami asking is there anything he could add on the topic. He hates HC and would know heap
I was imagining jam sanger rounding up all the village idiot's in his vicinity to share in his high roller festivities in return for stock bashing loyalty
I think S Swami was sued by sanger for Twitter slander couple years ago. Not sure how it ended

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Eri

Thank you for creating this Forum. After reading the book by Mr. Peter A J van der Made - Higher Intelligence I decided to invest in the remarkable development of the Author. My hope is to learn from all of you. Eri
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-19 at 6.59.52 PM.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 60 users

Sam

Nothing changes if nothing changes
See we are being teased on HC about having a footy tipping thread on our new forum!! We’ve got ‘‘em talking💪 Good riddance to bad rubbish, green day tomorrow will get them scrambling 😉

Reactions: 18 users

rocdoc60

I am a long-term holder from AZK days. I rarely post, but for many years I have read the daily threads on hotcrapper and have been extremely grateful for the insights and valuable information so generously provided by the 1000 eyes. Up until recently of course, when the daily read became a chore.

Living in the UK, I have set my sights on attending the $10 party, and hope to thank many of the contributors in person and buy them a beer or two. This led me to wonder, how many beers @zeeb0t would have to drink for setting up this wonderful resource.

I have absolutely no idea of the time, effort or cost involved in putting this together in such a short space of time, let alone the ongoing administration. I just wanted to say that as I can’t buy you a beer yet @zeeb0t, if you were ever inclined to set up a GoFundMe account to help with admin costs, I would be happy to contribute, as I am sure would many others.

Your considerable efforts are much appreciated.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 62 users
Yes well done Zeebot. I had just about reached the point where my confidence levels in Brainchip succeeding were so high I could not justify putting up with the growing amount of rubbish over on HC. Hopefully this will prove itself to be a happier more positive place.
Regards
Fact Finder
Hello sane chippers. ❤️

Reactions: 25 users

Equitable

Regular
See we are being teased on HC about having a footy tipping thread on our new forum!! We’ve got ‘‘em talking💪 Good riddance to bad rubbish, green day tomorrow will get them scrambling 😉
Who was doing the teasing? Sounds like we might have an HC downramper lurking here...

Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Barrel. Sorry mate that legendary username just sticks with me. Regardless of our quota the general consensus is moving north. I’m not underestimating what’s at stake here. The best part about being a holder over the last four years is the trial and tribulations. 2020 in February and I’m down some 70 percent in my holding and clawing into the ground not giving up. Today up 1500 percent and I feel like Andy in the Shawshenk redemption crawling through a pile of shit and coming clean out the other side like James Bond in an Armani suit. Time can only tell how big this gets.
My main gripe about the SP nosedive is that I'd emptied my piggy bank buying on the way down and was skint when it hit 3 cents.

• Haha
Reactions: 25 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Akida Neural Processor.. No CPU required.........still having trouble getting my head around that one.

Extraordinary Technology
Hi Brubaker,

Akida SoC does have an ARM Cortex processor built in. This is used for set-up/configuration, but is not used when the NN is doing its thing classifying/recognizing input signals.

The ARM Cortex is not part of the Akida IP licence arrangement, so licencees do have to provide their own processor for set-up and to make use of the results.

Reactions: 14 users
Top Bottom