BRN Discussion Ongoing

chapman89

Founding Member
Oh wow. Hey Jesse, what would you do if Brainichip reached out to you. Now that would be tempting, haha.
Oh don’t worry all of the Brainchip board/team know I’m not a verification engineer, they all laugh internally 😂 I’ve heard lots of funny comments from Ken and others, one being i “must be the most famous verification engineer in the world”

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users
I must be doing a good job as a “verification engineer” for a Design Verification Engineer from Qualcomm to reach out to me wanting a job with me….
Well are you going to ask him to email his CV and including what experience he has with Edge and SNN IP implementation? 🤣😂😂🤣

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Renesas, Renesas so good I posted this part twice:

“The other side is the embedded AI with DRP dynamically reconfigurable processor for vision solutions. That’s a feedforward neural network rather than a convolutional neural network (CNN), and it offers reasonable 0.5TOPS to 10TOPS at very low power compared to day the Nvidia or Intel equivalent. From my perspective RISC-V will evolve into that areas in the not too distant future.
“So that’s kind of the plan that we have, to evolve that into that landscape,” he said. “At the very low end, we have added an ARM M33 MCU and spiking neural network with BrainChip core licensed for selected applications – we have licensed what we need to license from BrainChip including the software to get the ball rolling.”
“The MPU with RISC-V allows us to go int a new class of applications,” he said. “With RISC-V its all a question of time. I do see ARM now offering custom instructions but I do see the open ecosystem starting to play a role with the geopolitical tensions and that will provide some necessary impetus in certain regions to head in that direction and that will the ecosystem”

I am exceedingly confident that we will be $2.75 at least by Christmas and playing with $5.00 next year.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
So are these Licenses going to appear as income for the June quarter or has a fee already been paid previously??

“So that’s kind of the plan that we have, to evolve that into that landscape,” he said. “At the very low end, we have added an ARM M33 MCU and spiking neural network with BrainChip core licensed for selected applications – we have licensed what we need to license from BrainChip including the software to get the ball rolling.”

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Well are you going to ask him to email his CV and including what experience he has with Edge and SNN IP implementation? 🤣😂😂🤣

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I told him that Brainchip may be looking for verification engineers and I’ve got his resume and I will pass it on 😂😂
He is looking for opportunities abroad and his wife works in public health, he’s asking if Brainchip will sponsor.

I expect Brainchip to be paying me for this 😂😂

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

MDhere

Regular
I must be doing a good job as a “verification engineer” for a Design Verification Engineer from Qualcomm to reach out to me wanting a job with me….
Well to his credit you did like the Renesas upcoming announcement 😀

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

LuWil

Regular
Maybe he’s been playing with Akida at Qualcomm and thinks he should jump ship

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Maybe he’s been playing with Akida at Qualcomm and thinks he should jump ship
From what I understand @Fact Finder between Intel and Nvidia they’re looking to employ 5000 plus engineers over the next 12 or so months, the pool mustn’t be that huge for design verification engineers and Intel and nvidia having the access to cash as they do can offer more than what Brainchip currently is able so it would be hard to compete as such, so this may work for Tamir.
Anyway I’ve emailed the company and passed it on.
His resume is very impressive!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users
So are these Licenses going to appear as income for the June quarter or has a fee already been paid previously??

They paid a licence fee first and second quarter 2021 so unless they have bought more licences then it is now all about royalties.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Gosh! I just stumbled over this EU funding grant called ANDANTE (start date 1 June 2020 - end date 31 May 2023) which I don't think anyone has mentioned previously. This is huge! Total cost is Total cost is € 40 584 497,04 and EU funding contribution is € 11 846 230,27.

This project seeks to create the AI foundations for future products in the edge which leverage innovative accelerators based on artificial and spiking neural networks!!!!!!!

Obviously the EU doesn't want to miss the bus either.🤩

Extract
In the project, several applications will be assessed in key domains where Europe is strong (automotive, digital farming, digital industry, mobility and digital life). The aim is to reinforce and maintain strong leadership in these areas by bringing industry in contact with future memory technologies at a low TRL level (MRAM, OXRAM, FeFET). These cross-disciplinary efforts will lead to development of innovative hardware / software deep learning solutions, based on high TRL level RRAM/PCM and FeFET, to enable future products which combine extreme power efficiency with robust cognitive computing capabilities. This new kind of computing technology, combining ANN and SNN capabilities, will open new perspectives, for instance, environmental monitoring, and wearable electronics.

PS: I see they have teamed up with Imec, whom we have spoken about previously.

Extract 2
The project brings together world class expertise to bring the world class expertise and infrastructures of Imec, CEA and FhG together with semiconductor companies, fabless, system houses, SMEs and application experts to explore and demonstrate the capabilities provided by the developed technologies.

Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 11.58.01 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 12.17.02 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 12.17.12 pm.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Gosh! I just stumbled over this EU funding grant called ANDANTE (start date 1 June 2020 - end date 31 May 2023) which I don't think anyone has mentioned previously. This is huge! Total cost is Total cost is € 40 584 497,04 and EU funding contribution is € 11 846 230,27.

This project seeks to create the AI foundations for future products in the edge which leverage innovative accelerators based on artificial and spiking neural networks!!!!!!!

Obviously the EU doesn't want to miss the bus either.🤩

Extract
In the project, several applications will be assessed in key domains where Europe is strong (automotive, digital farming, digital industry, mobility and digital life). The aim is to reinforce and maintain strong leadership in these areas by bringing industry in contact with future memory technologies at a low TRL level (MRAM, OXRAM, FeFET). These cross-disciplinary efforts will lead to development of innovative hardware / software deep learning solutions, based on high TRL level RRAM/PCM and FeFET, to enable future products which combine extreme power efficiency with robust cognitive computing capabilities. This new kind of computing technology, combining ANN and SNN capabilities, will open new perspectives, for instance, environmental monitoring, and wearable electronics.

PS: I see they have teamed up with Imec, whom we have spoken about previously.

Extract 2
The project brings together world class expertise to bring the world class expertise and infrastructures of Imec, CEA and FhG together with semiconductor companies, fabless, system houses, SMEs and application experts to explore and demonstrate the capabilities provided by the developed technologies.

View attachment 8005

No doubt there will be a lot of research institutes hoping that no one blabs about Brainchip before they can get their funding. 😁😁

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

TECH

Regular
Hi All,

Just a few thoughts of how this last week has played out.

An extremely positive AGM..." the best ever conducted by Brainchip Holdings Ltd" 65 shareholders packing out the meeting room, interestingly, the day prior I believe the Ampol AGM was held in the same facility...5 shareholders fronted up.

The company staff had meetings after meetings in Sydney, Melbourne and in Perth I was told, a full book, including a very positive meeting in Perth with the right Hon Min. Simon Dawson...check out his government profile.

As I thought awhile ago, the Australian business opportunities for Brainchip haven't even been tapped as yet, it's only really starting to get underway now, but as news flow (not fake news) starts to build on itself, many Australian companies with vision will jump on board, or simply be left behind, as we all know, the opportunities are beyond endless, the words imagine and dream come into focus, creativity will see our company explode, the next 12 months will see the biggest step up the commercial ladder in my opinion, with a repeating pattern of "surge then calm then surge then calm" as more and more products are developed and released to the wider world markets, the calm phase is my way of viewing "design cycles", because very few will all align with regards the amount of companies coming out of the woodwork.

I was very surprised when it was stated and then repeated that Brainchip was no longer a chip company but an IP company, which I think is fantastic, from a forward looking revenue prospective, but to me, that came out of left field, and so I asked the company exactly when did this change of direction take hold, around 3 months ago.

The company will produce reference chips for our partners/clients, happy to be corrected if that's not 100% correct, but that's my understanding of the current situation.

Sean and Antonio also flew over to Perth to attend a meeting/s and introduce themselves to our solid Perth team, Peter mentioned to me and another shareholder that he is very proud of our team based here in Perth, with now 8 staff whom all hold PhD's....the new RI is almost ready to move into, just 100m or so down the road on St. George's Terrace in the centre of the CBD, which I'm looking forward to visiting in July on Peter's invitation, hope to share some photos for the ones interested.

My final comment, what FF posted the other day about voting and sticking together as a pack is extremely important, I didn't go into all the figures, but the retail investors have a say like anyone else, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but, Brainchip's shareholder numbers are continuing to explode worldwide...on Friday night I was told that, what was 37,000, last week started at 42,000 and is now sitting around 48,000...that's massive, so is the word getting out there now, absolutely YES.

I also heard through a third party that some ONE has been accumulating BRN shares, with a current holding of over 70 Million (approx) so watch this space.....it will take a massive amount of convincing for Peter and Anil to retire in my view, their dream is nowhere completed yet, it's years off....SO HANDS OFF the company's jewels ! :LOL::geek:

Tech over and out x

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 107 users
When we get to $10 we're all getting toupees to go along with our tats. :love:
I already got my tat.. 😊

I get lots of questions at the gym about why I have a robot on my chest…

Don’t need the toupee 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

MDhere

Regular
The stuff thats in my head with licences, partnerships, dot joinings, leads and connections,

The latest in my head is M85 RA(new 7 i think to be released) and Akida all in bed together!? Todd Vierra, On semiconductor, Dell and a few other recent emoloyees who have taken redundancys from Arm are all swimming in my head....

i swear my office wall is going to look like one of those giant murder investigation walls!!

20220529_123134.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Slade

Top 20
It’s all a little fuzzy this morning. Good find @Fact Finder, Renesas breaking their silence is great news. @chapman89 can you get me some kind of engineer job at Brainchip please. I have in the past done a few days labouring at the Ford Motor factory. I’m a quick learner and think I would be an asset to the company. I have been verified on Tinder. I am free to travel.

• Haha
Reactions: 36 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Thanks so much BienSuerte for giving us a little insight into how Akida came about, very interesting indeed. Are you able to share with us as well when the concept of Akida came about if you managed to ask Peter that question? Was it roughly the start of this century?
Hi SFB, yes it was great chatting to the Great man himself.... I am not completely sure of dates but it was around 2008/2010 FF will probably know a bit more? Cheers

Reactions: 3 users

Crestman

Regular
FF
I'd like to say great minds think alike and all that but don't want to come across as conceited. However,....I actually lost sleep last night like a kid on the verge of Christmas Eve. But given the time stamp on your post perhaps you couldn't sleep either, eh?

After reading Crestman's previous comments about his chat with someone about "how is the ARM partnership gonna work..." I tried to sleep but tossed and turned running ARM processor I.P. sales numbers through my head. I used a conservative 20 billion and started with royalties of 1 cent, and thought no,....too low. Eventually, I settled on 10 cents per processor incorporating Akida and well,....everyone can just reflect on FF's numbers. His are conservative..... 290 million chips with Akida. I agree, FF,....WOW. And that's just ARM, and an admittadly conservative estimate to boot from Mr. One Percent........yikes!!!

How does one look at a company like Brainchip that had an almost non existent $200,000 +/- 4th quarter 2021 revenue and who may have the kind of revenue in 3-4 years time that FF and me fantasize about? It really boggles my mind and makes me drool to contemplate it, and that is not a good look for someone my age.

In the meantime I just can't contine losing sleep every night for the next three or four years considering what might be. Hope you're happy Crestman,.....and Mr. One Percent, too, causing me to lose sleep.... ( I'M KIDDING ;) )

As always....
Regards, dippY
Hey dippY, sorry if you were losing sleep, just want to clarify something when you said...After reading Crestman's previous comments about his chat with someone...that someone was the great Peter van der Made!

But I know what its like to lose sleep about the potential of BRN, this is one of my favourite posts from HC posted by Yak52 last year....sleep well tonight :ROFLMAO:

1653792225778.png

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 22 users

Dang Son

Regular
Has this editorial dated 27th may been posted?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Fox151

Regular
To be fair you've probably become the best connected verification engineer in the industry with the calibre of people you stalk 🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
Hey dippY, sorry if you were losing sleep, just want to clarify something when you said...After reading Crestman's previous comments about his chat with someone...that someone was the great Peter van der Made!

But I know what its like to lose sleep about the potential of BRN, this is one of my favourite posts from HC posted by Yak52 last year....sleep well tonight :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 8013
Hi @Crestman & @Yak52

Can I add just this one tiny calculation:

At $65.00 a share a retail shareholder with just 10,000 BRNASX would have a portfolio valued at $650,000.

As I mentioned yesterday 388 million 154 thousand 112 shares are held in parcels of 100,000 shares or less.

If the Brainchip future meets our current expectations that is a large number of people with life changing holdings in BRN.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users
Top Bottom