BRN Discussion Ongoing

ndefries

Regular
Great idea FF

I voted on my personal accounts, but was not able to do it on my Super Acct. I know there are a few holders here with BRN in their Super, I'll contact them on Monday and see if we'd be eligible.
Knowing those holdings are slightly different, we might not be able to, but worth a try.

Also, if you haven't already, please register online with "Boardroom" investorcentre makes your life easier to vote.
I got sent voting papers for both my personal and SMSF super shareholding and voted with both. Definitely possible.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
I got sent voting papers for both my personal and SMSF super shareholding and voted with both. Definitely possible.
It may be a bit trickier for those of us in an Industry Fund but I will certainly have a look.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
My thought bubble for the weekend.

As a result of my son’s work at the FCA in the UK I have first hand knowledge of diverse Institution’s working together to assist each other in their individual market manipulation activities.

So seeing the changed attitude at MF caused me to ask why now?

Well here is the thought. Brainchip is working with Nviso. Tim Llewellyn is singing AKIDA’s praises.

Nviso is the child of venture capital from diverse institutions.

The credibility of Nviso in the market place is enhanced by Brainchip being considered a credible company and a significant partner.

Nviso is hoping to enter the ASX and make an IPO (Initial Public Offering) later this year.

If Brainchip and its share price are flying this will favourably reflect on Nviso’s IPO.

I probably sound crazy to some but I am most definitely not and the money to be made on an IPO is more than enough for the big players to take their foot off the BRN brake to maximise their returns off sheep like retail on an over priced over subscribed IPO.

My opinion only DYOR
DYOR

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 50 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Shadow59

Regular
Well maybe this presages the end of SP manipulation.
We just need AFR to produce a favourable article now too 😮and all bets are off!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Shadow59

Regular

As a result of my son’s work at the FCA in the UK I have first hand knowledge of diverse Institution’s working together to assist each other in their individual market manipulation activities.

Well here is the thought. Brainchip is working with Nviso. Tim Llewellyn is singing AKIDA’s praises.

The credibility of Nviso in the market place is enhanced by Brainchip being considered a credible company and a significant partner.

Nviso is hoping to enter the ASX and make an IPO (Initial Public Offering) later this year.

If Brainchip and its share price are flying this will favourably reflect on Nviso’s IPO.

I probably sound crazy to some but I am most definitely not and the money to be made on an IPO is more than enough for the big players to take their foot off the BRN brake to maximise their returns off sheep like retail on an over priced over subscribed IPO.

My opinion only DYOR
DYOR

AKIDA BALLISTA
Awesome! As always.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
A gentle reminder the dates recorded on the FDA website for all bio pharmaceutical trials are AMBITIONS not deadlines.

They are more often than not extended.

I personally will be very pleasantly surprised if NaNose hit 30.5.22 but considering how big the trial is, over 3,000 trial participants to be tested and reported on along with the previously tested 7,000 I expect it will go over again.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 26 users

Rskiff

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Foxdog

Regular
I am sure most here understand gearing and how it works but mostly it is a wealth creation strategy spoken about in the context of real estate investing.

Gearing however is simply the process of allowing a large sum in a non taxed environment to take advantage of growth through general inflationary pressures.

So take the notional $880,000 above until you sell there is no tax to pay. If you sold immediately the $880,000 would become somewhere in the region of $550,000 after tax if you held for less than 12 months from date of purchase.

You NOW have $550,000 to invest.

If you had not sold you would have $880,000 to invest.

Effectively the Australian Tax Office is making you an interest free loan of $330,000 to invest and keep a significant component of the returns WHEN YOU DO SELL.

As your investment grows this interest free loan grows with it.

This is gearing in its purest form.

“According to Canstar the following has occurred over the last 30 years:

“Vanguard's chart which we can view here, shows that Australian shares have performed well as an asset class, with a return of 9.7% per annum, second only to the return of US shares of 10.8% p.a. Listed property has also done well returning 8.6% over 30 years and only 1.1% behind Australian shares.11 May 2022
View attachment 8015
https://www.canstar.com.au › austral...

Australian Shares Performance in the Last 30 Years - Canstar”​

So why am I posting this well because Brainchip is a growth stock or so close to being such that it is not necessarily a short term investment.

The beauty of growth stocks is they grow as their business matures.

They can and do produce what I have described as generational wealth.

I have mentioned the rule of 72. It is a simple sum used to work out how quickly you will double your money at a given rate of return. So taking 72 and dividing it by 9.7% your $880,000 will be $1,760,000 in 7.44 years.

Taking the $550,000 it will become $1,100,000 in 7.44 years.

You are now $660,000 behind thanks to not taking advantage of the ATO’s kind offer to make you a tax free loan (forever or until you sell and realise your capital gain).

Growth companies eventually pay dividends as well and those dividends are paid on the shares you get to own interest free as a result of the generous ATO loan.

The above is just one reason why it is critical to have a plan.

If MF is saying buy, something we already know, then the tipping point in our journey is likely nearer than we expect.

Don’t get caught with your plans down.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLI

I am sure most here understand gearing and how it works but mostly it is a wealth creation strategy spoken about in the context of real estate investing.

Gearing however is simply the process of allowing a large sum in a non taxed environment to take advantage of growth through general inflationary pressures.

So take the notional $880,000 above until you sell there is no tax to pay. If you sold immediately the $880,000 would become somewhere in the region of $550,000 after tax if you held for less than 12 months from date of purchase.

You NOW have $550,000 to invest.

If you had not sold you would have $880,000 to invest.

Effectively the Australian Tax Office is making you an interest free loan of $330,000 to invest and keep a significant component of the returns WHEN YOU DO SELL.

As your investment grows this interest free loan grows with it.

This is gearing in its purest form.

“According to Canstar the following has occurred over the last 30 years:

“Vanguard's chart which we can view here, shows that Australian shares have performed well as an asset class, with a return of 9.7% per annum, second only to the return of US shares of 10.8% p.a. Listed property has also done well returning 8.6% over 30 years and only 1.1% behind Australian shares.11 May 2022
View attachment 8015
https://www.canstar.com.au › austral...

Australian Shares Performance in the Last 30 Years - Canstar”​

So why am I posting this well because Brainchip is a growth stock or so close to being such that it is not necessarily a short term investment.

The beauty of growth stocks is they grow as their business matures.

They can and do produce what I have described as generational wealth.

I have mentioned the rule of 72. It is a simple sum used to work out how quickly you will double your money at a given rate of return. So taking 72 and dividing it by 9.7% your $880,000 will be $1,760,000 in 7.44 years.

Taking the $550,000 it will become $1,100,000 in 7.44 years.

You are now $660,000 behind thanks to not taking advantage of the ATO’s kind offer to make you a tax free loan (forever or until you sell and realise your capital gain).

Growth companies eventually pay dividends as well and those dividends are paid on the shares you get to own interest free as a result of the generous ATO loan.

The above is just one reason why it is critical to have a plan.

If MF is saying buy, something we already know, then the tipping point in our journey is likely nearer than we expect.

Don’t get caught with your plans down.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Ok, so my plan is to hold forever and sell down little parcels of my $88 shares when I feel like a new jet, yacht, house, island.......🤣 Better buy some more before it's too late 👍😉

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Commsec is a major shareholder something is brewing
CommSec is retail.

Reactions: 6 users

Dhm

Regular

My opinion only DYOR
DYOR

AKIDA BALLISTA
FF you have already had another thought bubble this weekend...
Commsec are deliberatly holding back the video because it may be timed with some announcement.....

I like both your thought bubbles!!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users
FF you have already had another thought bubble this weekend...
Commsec are deliberatly holding back the video because it may be timed with some announcement.....

I like both your thought bubbles!!
To make up here is an article from SiFive’s perspective:

Accelerated Performance with SiFive RISC-V​

May 24, 2022
Add Comment
by Sulagna Saha
All the innovation that’s been going on around compute from edge to cloud has been so far for the purpose of developing processors with more and more horsepower. Several years back SiFive Inc. entered this conversation with RISC-V, an emerging alternative processor architecture and is now leading in it with a potential alternative for ARM system IP. In a briefing with Phil Dworsky who is the Global Head of SiFive’s Strategic Alliance, we talked about RISC-V and how SiFive is planning to shape the future of compute with it.

An Introduction to RISC-V​

A relatively young technology, RISC-V (pronounced risk-five) is an open-source instruction set architecture (ISA) built for RISC chips. The biggest differentiator of RISC-V is that it does not require a licensing fee which is standard with most ISAs. In its case, the ISA is maintained by RISC-V International that is a non-profit outfit.
Used commonly in microcontrollers and chips, RISC-V has been a widely adopted technology in the past few years with the likes of WD using RISC-V controllers in large scale for their products. RISC is short for Reduced Instruction Set Computer, the principles on which RISC-V is based. Using a load-store architecture, RISC-V works in a wide range of applications, from embedded systems to high-computing servers with vector processors in data centers.

SiFive, from the Pioneers of RISC-V​

SiFive, a chip designer company in the US is led by the very same people who founded RISC-V International that is headquartered in Switzerland. Now a very familiar name in the ISA space, it is an independent outfit that has collaborations with multiple industry leaders, including hundreds of design wins at 8 out of the top 10 semiconductor companies. Only six years old, SiFive is already valued at $2.5 billion. In March, the startup raised a whopping $175 million in Series F funding which shot its net worth up from $500 mil in 2021 to 2.5 billion in 2022.
One of its newest collaborations is with Intel whose foundry services (IFS) it will be collaborating with, SiFive announcedin 2021.

In addition to this, it has entered into partnership with companies like BrainChip and Renesas for joint development of technologies and solutions in edge AI.

Deep Vision and Tenstorrent are two of the most prominent names that have adopted SiFive RISC-V, integrating it into their technologies for performance boost.
Now targeting a 2x headcount in a short span of just 18 months, the company is all set to trigger hypergrowth by hiring in large numbers. One of SiFive’s key members on board is Rohit Kumar, who formerly led the engineering team at Apple and is known for the shining success of Apple M1.

A Closer Look at SiFive’s Portfolio of Processors​

SiFive-HiFive-Unmatched-Board.jpg

In June, SiFive Performance debuted with two core, P270 and P550, the first Linux capable and the then highest performing processor in their portfolio, respectively. This was followed up by the significantly higher performing P650. According to SiFive, this new member in the Performance family is “expected to be the fastest licensable RISC-V processor IP core in the market” and has over-the-top performance per milliwatt. Building on the performance of the first two, the P650 delivers significantly more performance per cycle and targets bigger market segments like automotive, edge and data centers.
SiFive Intelligence, a software + hardware solution, is more focused on AI. A high-performance scalable AI processor with extensions and AI focused capabilities, the Intelligence is built for Edge AI, Cloud, ML inferencing and such high compute works that require parallel performance and efficiency.

In Conclusion​

Overall, SiFive’s CPU and AI cores powered with RISC-V are a great investment choice simply because they cater to all classes of performance and efficiency. Both pre-configured to serve common use cases and flexibly configurable for specific ones, the SiFive’s line of high-end cores bring to the consumers, formerly underserved, a rich variety of choices in high-performance processor IPs. Thanks to Phil Dworsky for the briefing and Emilie Kemp for setting it up

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Rskiff

Regular
Commsec is a major shareholder something is brewing
Is Commsec the company Tech was talking about amassing 72 million shares???

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

VictorG

My opinion only DYOR
DYOR

AKIDA BALLISTA
Very credible analyses, I completely agree. We should expect more WANCA's reversing course in their vain attempt to remain relevant.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Adam

Regular
I just love the fact that all the big players in semi conductors are at war and they are all buying their bullets from Brainchip.

I will fully support the winner.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF and all the old team from the other miserable site of HC.. (Horrible Coughers). Been off sick a couple of months but have been silently here, reading the analysis and commentary from you good people. Shan't be long now! Onwards n upwards..

• Love
Reactions: 36 users

Dhm

Regular
There is so much buzzing around in the last few days, I just feel we are about to pop anyday now....
*Continued awareness of Brainchip and wider shareholder base
*Nviso demonstration with Tim and Colin giving their thumbs up for Akida and the future
*Michael Dell saying onEdge processing growing from 10% now to 70% in a few years
*ARM ARM ARM oy oy oy!
*Strong AGM and strong comfort we have the A Team on our side
*Peter van der Made, legend!!
*Motley Fool.....not really sure about this one
*Commsec's top trading stock, not really sure this is a positive but when amazing news hits, the momentum of top trading status will help propel us. Just look at the Mercedes momentum
*The wall and the Iceberg.....just WOW
*NDA's possibly announced anytime, and there are over 100 of them, and I would add...AND COUNTING!!
*Our repositioning as an AI trailblazer by Sean
*Ubiquitous, Essential AI. What a great word.... U B I Q U I T O U S just rolls off the tongue!
*And I saved the best till last.....the 1000 Eyes!!

I think I'll go and have a cold shower....

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 90 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
There is so much buzzing around in the last few days, I just feel we are about to pop anyday now....
*Continued awareness of Brainchip and wider shareholder base
*Nviso demonstration with Tim and Colin giving their thumbs up for Akida and the future
*Michael Dell saying onEdge processing growing from 10% now to 70% in a few years
*Strong AGM and strong comfort we have the A Team on our side
*Peter van der Made, legend!!
*Motley Fool.....not really sure about this one
*Commsec's top trading stock, not really sure this is a positive but when amazing news hits, the momentum of top trading status will help propel us. Just look at the Mercedes momentum
*The wall and the Iceberg.....just WOW
*NDA's possibly announced anytime, and there are over 100 of them, and I would add...AND COUNTING!!
*Our repositioning as an AI trailblazer by Sean
*Ubiquitous, Essential AI. What a great word.... U B I Q U I T O U S just rolls off the tongue!
*And I saved the best till last.....the 1000 Eyes!!

I think I'll go and have a cold shower....
And then a cold beer :) Great run down .... getting very exciting GO BRN

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Getupthere

Regular

“So that’s kind of the plan that we have, to evolve that into that landscape,” he said. “At the very low end, we have added an ARM M33 MCU and spiking neural network with BrainChip core licensed for selected applications – we have licensed what we need to license from BrainChip including the software to get the ball rolling.”

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Ubiquitous- hope ppl have noticed within it is 'iquit' ... something hopefully a lot of us can do soon!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users
Top Bottom