BRN Discussion Ongoing

So India has a government sponsored program to boost AI SNN/ML, and has a couple of Unis with standing room only lectures, while Australia has a couple of PhD students lucky enough to work at Brainchip's research labs.

PYFO Australia.
A fun fact if you are a citizen of any overseas country you can pay for a place at an Australian University.

If you are an Australian citizen you need to apply and compete against other Australians for a place and if the intake is 200 and you are the 201st best applicant you cannot become a full fee paying student and displace a full fee paying overseas student with less merit.

Sounds like a plan to keep the lucky country lucky just not smart.

Good thing the country is run by politicians who understand what we need not what we think we need.

FF 😞

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24 users
For anyone interested: the Qualcomm CEO will be talking live on Bloomberg in 10 Minutes. There has been chatter that BRN could be in talks/planning with them. Also just good to hear his perspective on their market. as per below pic.

2149F653-4552-4273-81A2-D19AA73DFB19.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Diogenese

Top 20
A fun fact if you are a citizen of any overseas country you can pay for a place at an Australian University.

If you are an Australian citizen you need to apply and compete against other Australians for a place and if the intake is 200 and you are the 201st best applicant you cannot become a full fee paying student and displace a full fee paying overseas student with less merit.

Sounds like a plan to keep the lucky country lucky just not smart.

Good thing the country is run by politicians who understand what we need not what we think we need.

FF 😞
But if we don't stack the lecture rooms with full fee paying foreign students, how are we going to finance our universities and their research. (Do our unis still do research?)

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Ok, so I can’t help myself, I have to get it out of the system.

It feels a bit like the end of the tech industry and start of a new revolution, or should I say ARMageddon ?

Brainchip got the Armor ready to take on the world! Watch out here we come, ARam you ready for this?

Personally, I can’t wait for the ARM GM tomorrow, roll up your sleeves Management and show us your Arm.

I could keep on going, but I need to sleep, here’s to a great day tomorrow, and best of luck chuck, break an arm.

Sorry in advanced

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Evening fellas, what a wonderful day for our great company. Let’s all get excited for the AGM tomorrow many things to come. It has been a year since the last 1!!!!

• Haha

dippY22

Regular
On another subject does anyone have a thought or two about how our growing partnership stable will result in revenue for Brainchip? I don't, so I am looking for some education on how these revenue streams may be constructed.

If we are partners with Edge Impulse, ARM, Nviso, SiFive, etc.... how might future revenue be obtained from these relationships? Does it happen because the aforementioned companies buy I.P. licenses from Brainchip? Or does it happen because customers of theirs buy I.P. licenses from them, and Brainchip gets a small slice of their revenue, and if so, how is that figured?

For example, if ARM's licensees reported shipments of say 7 billion ARM-based chips, and "xxx"% of those are wanting cloudless edge compute technolgy and ARM's solution is to incorporate Akida into those customers processors, what does that mean for Brainchip? Does Brainchip obtain an I.P. contract from ARM's customer or does ARM buy an I.P. contract with Brainchip?

Does a customer of say, SiFive or Nviso, who needs their onboard processors to work when passing through tunnels need to buy an I.P. contract with Brainchip, or....?

It hurts my head to consider the myriad ways Brainchip can leverage these growing partnerships into revenue. And I can't figure out if there is a "one size fits all" roadmap. Can you say, "Complex sales" with an emphasis on COMPLEX???

Anyone have some thoughts or ideas?

Regards, dippY

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Appreciate everyone travelling tomorrow and trust will give any insights to the 1000 eyes
Ill try listening in live
Lets hope we are on the verge....

Reactions: 8 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Dippy 100% question... we don't know

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone interested: the Qualcomm CEO will be talking live on Bloomberg in 10 Minutes. There has been chatter that BRN could be in talks/planning with them. Also just good to hear his perspective on their market. as per below pic.

View attachment 7520
I recorded the interview on my phone just in case he came out with any nuggets. Obviously they are a huge supplier to Apple. The end of the interview is the most telling - Their future is moving to Android, Automotives, ADAS and IOT (Semiconductors at the edge were the words used also).

Sorry the video is too large to upload here it seems.

It would be great to see BRN partner up here with Qualcomm as they are definitely in the spaces BRN want to be.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

TechGirl

Founding Member

View attachment 7520

Thanks FB, I watched it, it was pretty short but sweet, my favorite bit when listening to the Qualcomm CEO speak was when he said something like we are mainly focusing on edge :)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
Thanks FB, I watched it, it was pretty short but sweet, my favorite bit when listening to the Qualcomm CEO speak was when he said something like we are mainly focusing on edge :)
Nice one TG, yes they did cut it pretty short at the end just when he was getting into some more interesting talk.

You are correct - they are focused on the edge primarily you can see.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Exciting times ahead & right now for BrainChip, thanks again for the heads up to be able to watch it (y)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
On another subject does anyone have a thought or two about how our growing partnership stable will result in revenue for Brainchip? I don't, so I am looking for some education on how these revenue streams may be constructed.

If we are partners with Edge Impulse, ARM, Nviso, SiFive, etc.... how might future revenue be obtained from these relationships? Does it happen because the aforementioned companies buy I.P. licenses from Brainchip? Or does it happen because customers of theirs buy I.P. licenses from them, and Brainchip gets a small slice of their revenue, and if so, how is that figured?

For example, if ARM's licensees reported shipments of say 7 billion ARM-based chips, and "xxx"% of those are wanting cloudless edge compute technolgy and ARM's solution is to incorporate Akida into those customers processors, what does that mean for Brainchip? Does Brainchip obtain an I.P. contract from ARM's customer or does ARM buy an I.P. contract with Brainchip?

Does a customer of say, SiFive or Nviso, who needs their onboard processors to work when passing through tunnels need to buy an I.P. contract with Brainchip, or....?

It hurts my head to consider the myriad ways Brainchip can leverage these growing partnerships into revenue. And I can't figure out if there is a "one size fits all" roadmap. Can you say, "Complex sales" with an emphasis on COMPLEX???

Anyone have some thoughts or ideas?

Regards, dippY
Hi dippY22,

I think that royalties, and hence BRN's income, are calculated by the number of Akida NPU nodes that are used.

Now each use may attract a different royalty rate depending on various different factors, such as the actual number of items produced., eg $A per item for the first 1000000 items, $B for the next 1000000 and so on, where A>B.

Both the royalties and the initial sign-on licence fee will also be a matter for negotiation and hence commercial-in-confidence.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Slade

Top 20
ARM are excited.

EDF0FB18-4FF5-4BA5-8381-CCD487B99CAC.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 75 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Sorry everyone, this was a reaction against other slightly, sorta-sexist posts - just trying to keep the equilibrium. Love youze all! B x
I saw you were on the warpath.

Did you notice my gender neutral reference to "persons"?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
ARM PARTNERS (33% reduced screenshot):

https://www.arm.com/partners/artificial-intelligence

Accelerate Innovation Through Strategic AI Partnerships​

Arm’s extensive AI ecosystem simplifies AI deployment on intelligent endpoint devices by providing best-in-class tools, algorithms and applications to businesses worldwide. By creating and nurturing strategic alliances that empower its ecosystem to drive innovation, Arm focuses on helping its partners reach developers and decision-makers within their target markets.

Arm AI partners provide a wide range of hardware and software solutions for developers to easily prototype and produce AI devices, while Arm supports its partners through technical support and resources, co-marketing, and event opportunities.

1653323606653.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Have we got links to Syntiant Corp.?

Sounds very familiar. No mention of being cloud independent though

93A1F082-24FF-4082-8C38-6FA9BF03E488.jpeg

Concept: California’s tech startup Syntiant has introduced an AI chip for deep learning called the Syntiant NDP200 processor, which is suitable for always-on applications in battery-powered devices. Deep learning and semiconductor design are combined in this chip solution to create ultra-low-power, high-performance deep neural network processors. Syntiant’s silicon architecture, in conjunction with an edge-optimized training pipeline and data platform, aims to make edge AI deployments possible worldwide.

Nature of Disruption: The NDP200 uses neural processing to run numerous programs at the same time while consuming minimum battery power. It is built on the Syntiant Core 2 programmable deep learning architecture and is designed to execute deep neural networks (DNN) natively on a range of topologies, including CNN (Convolution Neural Networks), RNN (Recurrent Neural Networks), and fully connected networks. At less than 1mW, it does visual processing with highly accurate inference. The NDP200 provides 25 times the tensor throughput of the Syntiant Core 1 found in the Syntiant NDP100, which is presently shipping in large quantities. For feature extraction and signal processing, a programmable Tensilica Hifi3 DSP is included. Edge devices can hear, speak, see, and feel owing to the startup’s Neural Decision Processors (NDP). Compared to current low-power MCU-based solutions, Syntiant NDPs typically offer a100x efficiency improvement while providing a greater than 10x increase in throughput. This allows larger networks at significantly lower power and greatly increases battery life while reducing total infrastructure costs.

Outlook: Syntiant aims to enable device intelligence by introducing orders of magnitude more neural computing than what was previously achievable. Earbuds, wearables, smartphones, smart speakers, laptops, vehicles, and other IoT consumer and industrial use cases can all benefit from the solution. Syntiant has raised $55M in new funding in March 2022 led by Millennium Technology Value Partners, Renesas Electronics Corporation, and Mirae Asset Capital. The fresh funding can go toward improving software capabilities and speeding up the deployment of Syntiant’s third-generation Syntiant Core 3 architecture, which the startup plans to launch in 2023. Microsoft’s M12, Intel Capital, Applied Ventures, the Amazon Alexa Fund, Robert Bosch Venture Capital, and Atlantic Bridge Capital are among the strategic and financial investors of Syntiant.

• Fire
Interesting couple of posts on the Yahoo conversation board. The first article posted also provides a great illustration expanding on the chiplets topic touched on by FF and others over the weekend.

View attachment 7508

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BRCHF/community?p=BRCHF

View attachment 7509

I just read this post again this morning.

Skipped over it yesterday because it referred to a yahoo post.

The guy actually points something really pertinent on the arm partnership and how it can transfer further to Intel for example.

This part of the message made the penny drop “ If you read this news plus the current Brainchip and Arm partnership news, it means in future everyone can incorporate Brainchip's IP easily into their customized SoC using Intel's UCIe backbone and the Arm's chiplets with Brainchip's IP inside can just dropped in like a Lego block.”

This deal is bigger than just a partnership. I think they hit the jackpot! Talk about brilliant strategy!

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 73 users
Top Bottom