BRN Discussion Ongoing

wilzy123

Founding Member
Usually companies announce their presentation to the AGM before market opens.
That is pretty much THE ONLY ann that I might expect.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

MDhere

Regular
Usually companies announce their presentation to the AGM before market opens.
? meeting is at 11am or do i have time wrong ?

Reactions: 5 users

Jamescan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
THANKS Baisyet..... VERY MUCH APRECIATED !! ☺️
I for one am stuck at home with COVID and can not go I had planned work around the agm and now I have this so please a full report on the day would be totally awesome.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I have mentioned a few times that we were living in the economic miracle or the lucky country and that investors in particular those who are invested here should be vary careful about taking on board the USA gloom and doom focus of Australian commentators and of course the manipulators trying to create another massive bargain basement out of the ASX.

Standard and Poor's have just had the following to say post the election:

Budget in better shape than predicted​

Colin Brinsden, AAP Economics and Business Correspondent - 4h ago

The incoming Labor government will inherit a budget that is in better shape than was predicted just a few months ago, according to global credit rating agency Standard & Poor's.
It also says a change in government by itself has no effect on Australia's AAA rating or its stable outlook with fundamentals, such as a projected fiscal recovery, still sound.
Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and his economic team of Treasurer Jim Chalmers and Finance Minister Katy Gallagher were sworn in on Monday after defeating the coalition at the election on Saturday.
S&P said the new government has made a range of promises around energy investment, manufacturing, housing, childcare, health, and education.
"We will examine the new government's policies, and their impact on the economy and fiscal outcomes, when more details are known," S&P said in a statement on Monday, noting Labor has promised a budget before the end of 2022.
"We expect this budget to set the fiscal tone and tolerances for spending."
S&P expects Australia's economic recovery and commodity prices to improve fiscal outcomes faster than the March 2022 budget anticipated.
"We believe significant upside is likely because commodity prices will outperform budget assumptions. Further, inflationary pressures will drive nominal GDP and taxes higher," it said

"It will take significant spending during the last three months of the 2022 fiscal year to hit the budgeted deficit of $A85.8 billion," it said.
It said rising debt levels do not currently present a risk to Australia's rating, being comparable to similarly rated peers.
"In addition, we expect borrowing costs to remain manageable. Despite interest rates rising from recent lows, they are still lower than in the past," S&P said."

We live in the lucky country and/or hold our shares in the lucky company so keep doing your own research, have a plan and good luck to all.
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF,

You've set my hobbyhorse rocking, so now it's my turn to dissent.

I think that, in light of the GFC, we should take the ratings agency evaluations with a blood-pressure endangering load of salt.

We have a record-breaking deficit and unemployment comparisons with the 1970s are quite misleading because of the changes in the measure of "employment" which, back then did not include 1 hour a week as "employed".

Here is a graph of Australia's employment in manufacturing since we signed up to WTO.
1653292276099.png

From 1989 to 2017, manufacturing employment declined from 1.16 million to 890,000 - almost 25% decrease and at an accelerating rate, and that was before Abbott oversaw the nailing down of the coffin lid of vehicle manufacture. Were it not for the rise in China's increased demand for coal and iron we would be a banana republic, much to the delight of a certain Asian leader. (I'll refrain from commenting on the equine dental inspection of our largest customer/poking the sleeping panda in the eye with a burnt stick.).

Labor's world champion treasurer was instrumental in to bulldozing our playing field flat ahead of all other countries (advanced or not so advanced), while failing to get agreement on the industry where we had a major advantage - agriculture - "a courageous action, minister", not that we could have expected any more enlightenment from the other team.

Then Honest John strongarmed/blackmailed the states into privatizing public utilities - that worked well for electricity, not to mentioned water, rail, telecomms ... . The fatuous idea of splitting up the utilities for the sake of the appearance of "economic efficiency" (generation, poles and wires, distribution) ignores the reality that economic efficiency can only follow engineering efficiency. Had the power companies remained in government control we would not now have the chaos of maintaining base-load supply. All that achieved was to create separate profit centres which each had to generate a profit, and it may have created some wealthy companies - but where does the profit come from? And, on top of that, the taxpayers have to pay for the lost revenue from the previously government owned utilities. Free market fundamentalist economists are the first up against the wall come the revolution.

It's funny to see the Libs boasting about getting us through the epidemic by implementing Keynesian economics on a previously unimaginable scale, when they have spent all their lives seeking to enforce "fiscal rectitude", and going into the election promising to cut the public service (and, of course, the ABC (again).

So the advent of Akida is sorely needed to provide some real economic sustenance for our enfeebled economy.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
? meeting is at 11am or do i have time wrong ?
BRAINCHIP HOLDINGS LTD ACN 151 159 812 NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of BrainChip Holdings Ltd ACN 151 159 812 ("BrainChip" or "Company") will be held at Level 12, 225 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000, on 24 May 2022 at 11:00 am (AEST) ("Meeting").

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Has anyone heard more about this opportunity. I went to their website and they mention Brainchip and speak highly of it. But i have not seen any product releases.

San Francisco – 6 August 2018 BrainChip Holdings Ltd. (“BrainChip” or the “Company”) (ASX: BRN), the leading neuromorphic computing company, today announced it has entered a strategic partnership with Telesikring, Denmark’s largest Danish-owned installer of security solutions for small, medium and large companies. The companies will jointly address the growing needs of law enforcement and end users to efficiently classify suspects fast using the latest award-winning AI powered software platform for object recognition and facial classification – BrainChip Studio. Under the terms of the partnership, Telesikring will agree to promote, install, and support BrainChip’s growing portfolio of AI-powered software and hardware solutions across their existing and new video security customer base. The Danish security market, incorporating video surveillance services, is currently valued at DKK 475 million (circa US$75 million), according to Statista. The market is expected to grow to DKK 845 million (circa US$133 million) by 2022.

Yeah, and what about SoftScrytum?

Perhaps

Regular
Salute the Shorties

• Fire
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
You can attend virtually! Details were included in the Notice of Meeting correspondence sent out on 20 April. I’d include my link but I believe it is personalised for me.
Thank you for that
I will get on at 10.30 and check it out
I know it starts at 11

Reactions: 4 users

Bravo

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Slade

Top 20
Today was only the first day of our association with ARM. This ARM partnership is going to have legs. I’m expecting another very green day tomorrow.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Bravo

Today was only the first day of our association with ARM. This ARM partnership is going to have legs. I’m expecting another very green day tomorrow.

It's definitely taken a weight off our shoulders.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
As Dame Edna said to a member of the audience in London who confessed to being from Melbourne;

"I'll bet you've seen a cockatoo."
Na maybe her fanny is just to big lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Has anyone heard more about this opportunity. I went to their website and they mention Brainchip and speak highly of it. But i have not seen any product releases.

San Francisco – 6 August 2018 BrainChip Holdings Ltd. (“BrainChip” or the “Company”) (ASX: BRN), the leading neuromorphic computing company, today announced it has entered a strategic partnership with Telesikring, Denmark’s largest Danish-owned installer of security solutions for small, medium and large companies. The companies will jointly address the growing needs of law enforcement and end users to efficiently classify suspects fast using the latest award-winning AI powered software platform for object recognition and facial classification – BrainChip Studio. Under the terms of the partnership, Telesikring will agree to promote, install, and support BrainChip’s growing portfolio of AI-powered software and hardware solutions across their existing and new video security customer base. The Danish security market, incorporating video surveillance services, is currently valued at DKK 475 million (circa US$75 million), according to Statista. The market is expected to grow to DKK 845 million (circa US$133 million) by 2022.
Hi ndefries,

Long term holders will be aware of Telesikring, but shortly after that announcement, BrainChip went into emergency mode to produce the SoC and abandoned all extraneous operations, because potential customers couldn't be convinced of the capabilities of Akida until they saw it for real (and we were in danger of running aground).

So we did not get to hear what happened to this project and whether we continued to support them with updates arising from the Akida Development Environment (ADE) software, but hopefully they are part of the early adopters.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Jamescan

Slade

Top 20
I am very interested to hear how Renesas are going with putting our IP into one of their products. All in all, I am sure it will be a very exciting AGM.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Derby1990

Regular
... Keep your fingers away from that sell button....🧐
This is going to be my biggest issue in life in a couple years time. I'm on track to retire over a decade early, and BRN could make my retirement a bit more comfy if I pressed the button then. OR... hold a few years more and be what I never dreamed of being ever in my life - a multi millionaire! Agonising decision it will be :-(

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Hi FF,

You've set my hobbyhorse rocking, so now it's my turn to dissent.

I think that, in light of the GFC, we should take the ratings agency evaluations with a blood-pressure endangering load of salt.

We have a record-breaking deficit and unemployment comparisons with the 1970s are quite misleading because of the changes in the measure of "employment" which, back then did not include 1 hour a week as "employed".

Here is a graph of Australia's employment in manufacturing since we signed up to WTO.
View attachment 7488

From 1989 to 2017, manufacturing employment declined from 1.16 million to 890,000 - almost 25% decrease and at an accelerating rate, and that was before Abbott oversaw the nailing down of the coffin lid of vehicle manufacture. Were it not for the rise in China's increased demand for coal and iron we would be a banana republic, much to the delight of a certain Asian leader. (I'll refrain from commenting on the equine dental inspection of our largest customer/poking the sleeping panda in the eye with a burnt stick.).

Labor's world champion treasurer was instrumental in to bulldozing our playing field flat ahead of all other countries (advanced or not so advanced), while failing to get agreement on the industry where we had a major advantage - agriculture - "a courageous action, minister", not that we could have expected any more enlightenment from the other team.

Then Honest John strongarmed/blackmailed the states into privatizing public utilities - that worked well for electricity, not to mentioned water, rail, telecomms ... . The fatuous idea of splitting up the utilities for the sake of the appearance of "economic efficiency" (generation, poles and wires, distribution) ignores the reality that economic efficiency can only follow engineering efficiency. Had the power companies remained in government control we would not now have the chaos of maintaining base-load supply. All that achieved was to create separate profit centres which each had to generate a profit, and it may have created some wealthy companies - but where does the profit come from? And, on top of that, the taxpayers have to pay for the lost revenue from the previously government owned utilities. Free market fundamentalist economists are the first up against the wall come the revolution.

It's funny to see the Libs boasting about getting us through the epidemic by implementing Keynesian economics on a previously unimaginable scale, when they have spent all their lives seeking to enforce "fiscal rectitude".

So the advent of Akida is sorely needed to provide some real economic sustenance for our enfeebled economy.
The only problem with your analysis is that this is not what is important it is all about the spin not the substance.

If we and the world are told we are the economic miracle then the market will respond accordingly and we will be the economic miracle.

The world does not care that some workers who want to work longer hours are unable to get extra hours. All the world sees is 3.9% unemployment.

If our recovery is built on taping our finite natural resources in lieu of sustainable manufacturing industry that is irrelevant as the money will be made well before they run out.

It is all about image just as the Kardashians have proven.

Sad and cynical as it is holding our Brainchip shares while everyone else has panicked has served us very well.

Why do you think I am trying to create generational wealth it is because I know what you are saying should be elevated above the spin but know it never will. This has been the way since time began.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users
Top Bottom