BRN Discussion Ongoing

I have mentioned a few times that we were living in the economic miracle or the lucky country and that investors in particular those who are invested here should be vary careful about taking on board the USA gloom and doom focus of Australian commentators and of course the manipulators trying to create another massive bargain basement out of the ASX.

Standard and Poor's have just had the following to say post the election:

Budget in better shape than predicted​

Colin Brinsden, AAP Economics and Business Correspondent - 4h ago

The incoming Labor government will inherit a budget that is in better shape than was predicted just a few months ago, according to global credit rating agency Standard & Poor's.
It also says a change in government by itself has no effect on Australia's AAA rating or its stable outlook with fundamentals, such as a projected fiscal recovery, still sound.
Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and his economic team of Treasurer Jim Chalmers and Finance Minister Katy Gallagher were sworn in on Monday after defeating the coalition at the election on Saturday.
S&P said the new government has made a range of promises around energy investment, manufacturing, housing, childcare, health, and education.
"We will examine the new government's policies, and their impact on the economy and fiscal outcomes, when more details are known," S&P said in a statement on Monday, noting Labor has promised a budget before the end of 2022.
"We expect this budget to set the fiscal tone and tolerances for spending."
S&P expects Australia's economic recovery and commodity prices to improve fiscal outcomes faster than the March 2022 budget anticipated.
"We believe significant upside is likely because commodity prices will outperform budget assumptions. Further, inflationary pressures will drive nominal GDP and taxes higher," it said.
"It will take significant spending during the last three months of the 2022 fiscal year to hit the budgeted deficit of $A85.8 billion," it said.
It said rising debt levels do not currently present a risk to Australia's rating, being comparable to similarly rated peers.
"In addition, we expect borrowing costs to remain manageable. Despite interest rates rising from recent lows, they are still lower than in the past," S&P said."

We live in the lucky country and/or hold our shares in the lucky company so keep doing your own research, have a plan and good luck to all.
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

davidfitz

Regular
I think it is important that the news gets out to the broader community and we can always rely on Design & Reuse. We even acknowledge them on our new website.

No need to bother with some of the lesser known fools when it comes to accurate reporting :)

1653289651868.png

1653289490765.png

This is who they are:

D&R launched its industry leading web and B2B portal (www.design-reuse.com) for the IP/SoC market in 1997. Today, with 15,000 IP/SOC product descriptions updated daily and an average of 70,000 absolute unique visitors to the site per month (source: Google Analytics), plus Design & Reuse News email broadcasts enjoyed by 35,000 subscribers and its client to IP and service provider matching capabilities, the Design-Reuse.com site provides important services to the IP industry. More recently D&R launched a sister site, www.dr-embedded.com, to address the interest in resources specifically required for the Embedded design space such as software, OS’s, and platforms.

Customers have come to expect that D&R will always keep them up to date on IP industry related news and new product launches through the announcements and marketing campaigns published on the Design-Reuse.com website. Recognizing Design-Reuse.com as the “go-to” website for IP information and D&R’s reputation for industry leading services and B2B matching capabilities, over 400 companies around the world use D&R’s website and electronic newsletter channels to provide the latest information on their products to current and prospective customers.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
On a serious note: La La La. That's a goon joke.

Dealing with this issue of Jerome Nadel and the changes we have witnessed. One of the people I correspond with at the company said to me recently 'that they now feel like they have every piece of the puzzle in the right place' and he credited this to Sean Hehir and his strategic vision.

Brainchip had been on the defensive for so long I personally think as the former CEO Mr. Dinardo stated Brainchip needs the energy that a new younger CEO will bring. From everything I hear from those within the company Sean Hehir has breathed a new energy into the company and destroyed all the psychological blocks that had grown up from having been in siege mentality for so many years as they were in survival mode developing the AKIDA technology.

When Brainchip posted their Expressway sign above the road to Silicon Valley that said everything about the new confidence and aggression that the company is now exhibiting.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I think Shorn Hair was very happy with todays proceedings.😘

Happy Shaun.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
WHATS THE BET ON AN ANNOUNCEMENT PRE-MARKET
OR AT THE OPEN ON TUESDAY MORNING ??? 😎

Yak52

Honestly, I'd be pretty surprised to see an ANN. But hey, I can deal with a surprise like that :unsure:😮😮:cool:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Perhaps

Regular
Yesterday I've posted the latest Nviso news. Surprising how fast they throw out one Akida-based solution after the other. Guess they'd been connected to the EAP program directly or through a partner. As ZF is confirmed as customer and technology partner via Bonseyes, it's fun to see what they have to offer. Autonomous driving up to level 5!!, System On Chip with 70% less power consumption, reminds of something. In series up from 2024.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Excuse me for going a little off topic, but I feel I can add to the discussion on TMF being sour on BrainChip. And most analysts, to be honest. But with TMF, I do believe sour grapes are also at play.

As with @Newk R, I also have been a past member TMF, I subscribed to several of their offerings, and concur with the general bad sentiment that is often thrown their way.

I believe their problems are quite systemic actually. But their problem with BrainChip is most likely a direct result of them not being able to value it. A problem they share with pretty much EVERY stock analyst. They have their DCF-centric valuation processes deeply rooted in their approach to everything. That works for established stocks that are turning a buck, but has no place with evolving/emerging companies, new technology and future visionaries.

From my personal experience, the Fools started out on a sound and useful path with their initial Share Advisor offering.

Their overall level of service went downhill fast when they started diluting staff across more and more services.

I have also been a member of their entry level US offering (Stock Advisor) and found that to be far superior to their Australian offerings, even better than their $2995/yr Pro service. Superior in absolutely every way.

I think TMF Australia is merely an experiment that Tom and Dave Gardner have undertaken to test just how poorly they can treat members and still turn a profit. No loss to them if the entire Australian franchise collapses and all Australians are left with a bad taste in their mouths. Just lessons to apply in their preferred countries of operation
That was the Liberal Party's philosophy over the last 9 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ndefries

Regular
Has anyone heard more about this opportunity. I went to their website and they mention Brainchip and speak highly of it. But i have not seen any product releases.

San Francisco – 6 August 2018 BrainChip Holdings Ltd. (“BrainChip” or the “Company”) (ASX: BRN), the leading neuromorphic computing company, today announced it has entered a strategic partnership with Telesikring, Denmark’s largest Danish-owned installer of security solutions for small, medium and large companies. The companies will jointly address the growing needs of law enforcement and end users to efficiently classify suspects fast using the latest award-winning AI powered software platform for object recognition and facial classification – BrainChip Studio. Under the terms of the partnership, Telesikring will agree to promote, install, and support BrainChip’s growing portfolio of AI-powered software and hardware solutions across their existing and new video security customer base. The Danish security market, incorporating video surveillance services, is currently valued at DKK 475 million (circa US$75 million), according to Statista. The market is expected to grow to DKK 845 million (circa US$133 million) by 2022.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Slade

Top 20
I will be waking up nice and early tomorrow in anticipation of a commercial announcement.

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

eSC2

Has anyone heard more about this opportunity. I went to their website and they mention Brainchip and speak highly of it. But i have not seen any product releases.

San Francisco – 6 August 2018 BrainChip Holdings Ltd. (“BrainChip” or the “Company”) (ASX: BRN), the leading neuromorphic computing company, today announced it has entered a strategic partnership with Telesikring, Denmark’s largest Danish-owned installer of security solutions for small, medium and large companies. The companies will jointly address the growing needs of law enforcement and end users to efficiently classify suspects fast using the latest award-winning AI powered software platform for object recognition and facial classification – BrainChip Studio. Under the terms of the partnership, Telesikring will agree to promote, install, and support BrainChip’s growing portfolio of AI-powered software and hardware solutions across their existing and new video security customer base. The Danish security market, incorporating video surveillance services, is currently valued at DKK 475 million (circa US$75 million), according to Statista. The market is expected to grow to DKK 845 million (circa US$133 million) by 2022.

Did a quick search on their website. The only press release related contains exactly the same info but dated 24 October 2019 not 6 August 2018 :confused:

• Fire
Reactions: 1 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
interesting article from a major German newspaper called "Frankfurter Allgemeine"

Artificial intelligence will change a lot more about how we live, even in areas that nobody thinks about today: like preserving our culture.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

Dougie54

Regular
Well I can tell you MF were pushing APX and A2M hard a couple of years ago as growth stocks before those stocks went on to lose most of their value. In APX's case it lost over 80% of its value and that was before the current correction. Yet they appear to downramp BRN which in the same period has gone up over 1000%. It actually makes me angry for the sake of your average retail investor who really doesn't know anything much about fundamental or technical analysis and is very likely to be influenced by these sorts of organisations. It has only reinforced my view that you can't blindly listen to other people, that you not only have to do your own research but you have to educate yourself first about fundamental and technical analysis so that you can understand and process what you have researched in an intelligent way.
Yes they sucked me right in to RFG a few years ago at $4+ dollars and look where that went

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

ndefries

Regular
Did a quick search on their website. The only press release related contains exactly the same info but dated 24 October 2019 not 6 August 2018 :confused:

Yeah the 2019 sparked my interest. I guess this is why less is more with annoucements. You want them to be material not hopeful.

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

Yak52

Regular
Thought you might appreciate this "Chart" ......Diogenese

Engineers Brain.jpg

Yak52

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

MDhere

Regular
how cool is this (apart from a 2hr delay) but im flying literally as i type 😀😀
OK, got a few names over the other agm thread that are going. who else is going ?
And YES ive packed my tshirt and YES its UN-IRONED 🤣🤣🤣🤪

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Jamescan

Precisely.

This is what came out of the Rob Telson Gem Davies Brainchip ARM Podcast.

Gem Davies said words to the effect that neuromorphic chips were still to be proven so I think it is safe to say that AKIDA has proven its value to ARM.

What a nice ARM’s length announcement that AKIDA is proven to start the week.

Every WANCA will be groaning and wishing they did not have to get up and go to work.

How sweet it is.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
What does the acronym WANCA stand for? I hope it's not what I think it is

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users
Evening fellas, what a wonderful day for our great company. Let’s all get excited for the AGM tomorrow many things to come. It has been a year since the last 1!!!!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
I will be waking up nice and early tomorrow in anticipation of a commercial announcement.
Honestly, I'd be pretty surprised to see an ANN. But hey, I can deal with a surprise like that :unsure:😮😮:cool:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Cyw

Regular
Usually companies announce their presentation to the AGM before market opens.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom