BRN Discussion Ongoing

M_C

Founding Member
Fair enough MC but I prefer to dwell on this part of his reply
In Peter’s case, we have recently appointed Dr Valentina Tiporlini as the Manager of the BrainChip Research Institute in Perth. Valentina has taken over day to day management of the BRI from Peter so he can do more of the research work that he loves so much.
I understand what you're saying, but the fact that T.Dawe is even entertaining the discussion means to me there's more to it.....just my take.

I may not be correct on the acquisition side of things but it certainly sounds like it has been raised before as more than just a for instance

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users

MDhere

Regular
I'm excited im going to sydney tomorrow 😀 who's with me in excitement 😀😀😀

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

M_C

Founding Member
Screenshot_20220522-200725_Twitter.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Ok. Is it just me, or is the fact that Peters retirement being publicly discussed with shareholders, means that it has been discussed extensively in house?? The company has been very dismissive of "speculation" in the past , so this to me is an admission.

Why?

Obviously he is not getting any younger but one can't help but think that maybe the reason it has been discussed so extensively is that maybe he plans on retiring once the company has been acquired????

Wouldn't surprise me

It would be ridiculous IMO if the company did not have any succession planning in place for Peter. Any company worth more than a bag of peanuts would do the same. Since they are also liable to shareholders, the imperative is arguably greater. Setting aside the basics of running any company, BrainChip is also uniquely placed, in that they are evolving a body of knowledge / expertise that is literally at the frontier of human ability. This alone stipulates that company endeavours are greater than any one individual. With or without Peter, BrainChip is on a mission to deliver edge AI capability everywhere and in everything. It will happen with or without peter. Sean mentioned in recent interviews that they hope to become "the defacto standard". You don't aim that high and expect to succeed if you're placing all your chips on Peter.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users
D

Deleted member 118

I’ve a good feeling that we might get some unexpected exciting news this week.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

FJ-215

Regular
Was trying to be clever with some music videos but no real joy. "Weird" Al Yankovic: 'Amish Paradise'

Old tech vs New tech. Almost but didn't work.....

Next up was : The Petersens (I'll go with it) with a live recording of Bohemian Rhapsody. Normally would kill these vids before they start but let this one go.

Queen meets Country!!!.....Umm.....No!!!...Well....Umm...(give it a chance)

Feeling a little dirty for even putting this up but....
\
Banjo Just works......😭
😭😭

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

MDhere

Regular
I’ve a good feeling that we might get some unexpected exciting news this week.

well yr song choice is impeccable it also has u.s to taiwan... so that's all the way to tsmc i hope 🤣

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 118

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

VictorG

Not bad but I defy you to find a better song than this. My nominated song is just as impressive with the sound turned down.

Arguably the best voice I've ever seen.
He vocal aerobics are at another level.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Jumpchooks

Regular
It is only prudent to consider possibility's.
Any of us could walk in front of a bus tomorrow, (much safer to be sitting on board :), but when you are a key man in an organisation it is the only responsible action to take.
None of us like to confront our own decrepitude/ mortality or the vicissitudes of existence, but change is inevitable and will have ramifications, so better to have a plan, particularly to protect what one has spent a lifetime developing.
I hope and expect that Peter has decades more doing what he loves, but the future is not certain for any of us.
Many of us insure against loss, hoping it will never be required, but sleep easier knowing that some provision has been made.
Same idea applies in this circumstance............I wouldn't be reading anything more into it.
GLTAH
That is exactly what I was worried about, maybe it is us on that bus? It is wise to plan for all outcomes and I hope that the Brains of this Company can live long and happy lives with cars that can drive them to Bingo and play music of their choice in an environment that suits their needs, without asking.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

MDhere

Regular
Not bad but I defy you to find a better song than this. My nominated song is just as impressive with the sound turned down.

Lol that's a French song which i can understand lol Very strange words and i laughed when she got to the red fish lol
ok can we switch the "Poisson rouge" to "Baleine bleue" cause that's a iceberg fish! 🤣

i think we all been watching the voice tonight lol

Hittman

Regular
It's all highly speculative. We just don't know how many applications using our IP there will be and when, what those applications will be. Therefore we don't know the volumes they'll be produced at. Having it in a iPhone and/or Samsung or nearly every vehicle manufactured, all bets are off.

If the market realises the growth potential of BRN over the next 10yrs, the P/E ratio will be really high as the SP will be based on expected future revenue in years to come which makes a dividend yield of 5% unlikely. It should be closer to 1%. Payments of 5%-6% dividends are from mature companies like the banks and the big miners who aren't expected to have run away growth. In fact, under normal market conditions their SP is based on their expected dividend returns.
For sure it is all speculative, I'm just extrapolating off the $20 figure mentioned. An SP of $20 would correlate with significant income, 5% therefore would not be an unrealistic figure to expect imo.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users
D

Deleted member 118

i think we all been watching the voice tonight lol
Sod that I just watched ghostbusters for the x amount of times now watching Indiana Jones

Jumpchooks

Regular

This is my choice.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
I understand what you're saying, but the fact that T.Dawe is even entertaining the discussion means to me there's more to it.....just my take.

I may not be correct on the acquisition side of things but it certainly sounds like it has been raised before as more than just a for instance
Hi @MC🐠
I get comments here from time to time about how much time I spend posting and I have said I love to read and research.

This is what I loved about the practice of law but the extra work beyond the part I loved after 40 years became intolerable.

I personally think you are reading far to much into this. Peter van der Made has done all the hard yards including coping abuse from ignorant shareholders and manipulators.

If I could have continued on practising the part of the law I loved I would have gone on doing it till they carried me out in a box.

I therefore believe that Brainchip is sensibly creating an environment where Peter van der Made can go on doing what he loves without all of the other crap.

You must remember the way he was treated when he sold a handful of shares my goodness would you want to put up with that sort of rubbish.

Brainchip is on the home stretch and commercial success is when not if and the ability to give Peter van der Made his dream research facility to retire to and enjoy his every waking moment.

People like Peter van der Made do not retire.

Has Warren Buffet or Charlie Munger retired.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 78 users

M_C

Founding Member
Hi @MC🐠
I get comments here from time to time about how much time I spend posting and I have said I love to read and research.

This is what I loved about the practice of law but the extra work beyond the part I loved after 40 years became intolerable.

I personally think you are reading far to much into this. Peter van der Made has done all the hard yards including coping abuse from ignorant shareholders and manipulators.

If I could have continued on practising the part of the law I loved I would have gone on doing it till they carried me out in a box.

I therefore believe that Brainchip is sensibly creating an environment where Peter van der Made can go on doing what he loves without all of the other crap.

You must remember the way he was treated when he sold a handful of shares my goodness would you want to put up with that sort of rubbish.

Brainchip is on the home stretch and commercial success is when not if and the ability to give Peter van der Made his dream research facility to retire to and enjoy his every waking moment.

My opinion only DYOR mFF

AKIDA BALLISTA
You are most likely correct ff, just me speculating as usual 😏, but your version makes more sense put like that

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

Xray1

Regular
Hi @MC🐠

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
FF or any other of the 1,000 eyes brains trust........ Do you recall quite a fair while ago, either by way of or as a Co announcement or most likely a podcast where Peter or the Co put out financial forecasts/ projections slides or power points of future revenue expectations... ????

Top Bottom