BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Magnums to boot ..
... when's your next party?

It'll be directly after we receive the next price sensitive announcement. If it's a good announcement, I'll drink out of the bottle as demonstrated, but if it's oober-good, I'll pull my leprechaun boots out of the wardrobe and drink out of them instead. 🥳

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Diogenese

Top 20
It'll be directly after we receive the next price sensitive announcement. If it's a good announcement, I'll drink out of the bottle as demonstrated, but if it's oober-good, I'll pull my leprechaun boots out of the wardrobe and drink out of them instead. 🥳
Sadly I only have sandals ...

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users
Not sure what this is based on but here are some predictions of brns share price, posted today:

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
Now wouldn’t that be a nice announcement to be released tomorrow or Tuesday. This is the exciting part of Brennan’s comment, thanks @Bravo !
View attachment 7334

Just searched Bob Brennan and found this. Apologies if someone has already posted

4D592619-D505-408E-AD1D-03F0EC723EBE.jpeg

31F7A965-523D-42F6-A342-11526360A57A.jpeg

77E98C7B-A6AF-4825-8B0B-35485BD0E922.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users
Hi Fact Finder and Yak52

All in my opinion of course
Sean Hehir interview with the strawman 28/03/2022

At the 42.18 minute mark the Strawman asked a question basically when will brainchip be in a position of breakeven .

Quote Seans answer "Remember when i talked building up to 100 people or so this year, we think at that point we actually at a pretty good size scale and were are going to say after that the revenue growth will start to outgrow the expense growth pretty rapidly, thats the model that were going to start to see in leverage"

Now the captions in the interview at this time says "start to grow the expense growth" but if you listen closely to Sean in the interview he says "start to outgrow the expense growth"

He also states " He has a model"
He also states "Line of sight"

I believe this is the correct time frame for when Brainchip will reach the breakeven (from end 2022 into early 2023) if nothing out of the ordinary has happened internally since
IMO Sean would have a Strategic business plan in place with a timeline of objectives based on internal information including hiring a CMO and business expansion etc etc

Things change thats business, but going to trust what our CEO has stated in the interview which was less than 2 months old.
So for the first time Fact finder I'm going to go with my point of view over yours, sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Dont hold it against Me)

It is all a question of interpretation as to the "when".

What I do not agree with is your idea that this has any chance of being 2022. The 100 staff is the number for the end of 2022. The CEO has clearly put that once they are at 100 staff then "the revenue growth will start to outgrow the expense growth pretty rapidly"

The way you interpret the word 'start' and I interpret the word 'start' is the point of difference if for the sake of this discussion we assume that 100 staff will be enough.

We have 'start to outgrow' and we have the expression 'start to catch up'. To 'start to catch up' is readily interpreted as not yet caught up but catching up. I personally prefer to take this as the meaning of "start to outgrow" as to do otherwise is to imply a sudden and immediate balance occurring between income and expenses rather than a catching up of income with expenses.

The CEO Sean Hehir has also stated plainly that income is likely to be very lumpy meaning not a perfect uptrend on a graph. The last quarter illustrated what he was saying regarding this perfectly.

Now I come back to the 100 staff being the correct number. Of course Brainchip will have a line of sight that they are working too but how many of them have built a company that is commencing an industrial revolution? None.

So this line of sight is really an educated guess.

The former CEO Mr. Dinardo when they were not marketing AKIDA the way it is now being done said they had "well north of 100 NDA customers". This number of potential customers was achieved in circumstances which the current CEO Sean Hehir has been critical of in the sense of the level of marketing that was being undertaken to make the "best kept secret" no longer a secret.

The idea that 100 staff will be enough is also an educated guess but Intel has a plan to hire 11,000 engineers over the course of this year and Nvidia 3,000 engineers during the same period. It does strike me that if Brainchip does have explosive sales 100 total staff might not be exactly the right number to cope with that event.

Then you have to consider the number of sales and marketing people to match the increased demand in the above scenario.

My point is not that Brainchip is not going to be successful but that success is and should be more expensive than you plan for because you cannot have too much success in the context of trying to capture the future of Ai at the Edge.

The CEO has put the 'start to outgrow' after reaching 100 staff stating " 100 people or so this year, we think at that point we actually at a pretty good size scale and were are going to say after that the revenue growth.."

Now I am not going to say that the CEO Sean Hehir is wrong but only a few months back Anil Mankar and Peter van der Made spoke of needing to have 60 to 80 staff by end of 2022 so unless you credit them with absolutely no idea what they are talking about I think it is fair to say that this is an evolving number not one locked in stone and it will be continuously revised as present and future demand is realised.

I always adopt a conservative approach but from my experience growth always costs more than you expect but as I said this is not a bad thing far from it it means they will be over delivering on their best estimates of what is likely.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Jumpchooks

Regular

What I do not agree with is your idea that this has any chance of being 2022. The 100 staff is the number for the end of 2022. The CEO has clearly put that once they are at 100 staff then "the revenue growth will start to outgrow the expense growth pretty rapidly"

The way you interpret the word 'start' and I interpret the word 'start' is the point of difference if for the sake of this discussion we assume that 100 staff will be enough.

We have 'start to outgrow' and we have the expression 'start to catch up'. To 'start to catch up' is readily interpreted as not yet caught up but catching up. I personally prefer to take this as the meaning of "start to outgrow" as to do otherwise is to imply a sudden and immediate balance occurring between income and expenses rather than a catching up of income with expenses.

The CEO Sean Hehir has also stated plainly that income is likely to be very lumpy meaning not a perfect uptrend on a graph. The last quarter illustrated what he was saying regarding this perfectly.

Now I come back to the 100 staff being the correct number. Of course Brainchip will have a line of sight that they are working too but how many of them have built a company that is commencing an industrial revolution? None.

The former CEO Mr. Dinardo when they were not marketing AKIDA the way it is now being done said they had "well north of 100 NDA customers". This number of potential customers was achieved in circumstances which the current CEO Sean Hehir has been critical of in the sense of the level of marketing that was being undertaken to make the "best kept secret" no longer a secret.

The idea that 100 staff will be enough is also an educated guess but Intel has a plan to hire 11,000 engineers over the course of this year and Nvidia 3,000 engineers during the same period. It does strike me that if Brainchip does have explosive sales 100 total staff might not be exactly the right number to cope with that event.

Then you have to consider the number of sales and marketing people to match the increased demand in the above scenario.

My point is not that Brainchip is not going to be successful but that success is and should be more expensive than you plan for because you cannot have too much success in the context of trying to capture the future of Ai at the Edge.

The CEO has put the 'start to outgrow' after reaching 100 staff stating " 100 people or so this year, we think at that point we actually at a pretty good size scale and were are going to say after that the revenue growth.."

Now I am not going to say that the CEO Sean Hehir is wrong but only a few months back Anil Mankar and Peter van der Made spoke of needing to have 60 to 80 staff by end of 2022 so unless you credit them with absolutely no idea what they are talking about I think it is fair to say that this is an evolving number not one locked in stone and it will be continuously revised as present and future demand is realised.

I always adopt a conservative approach but from my experience growth always costs more than you expect but as I said this is not a bad thing far from it it means they will be over delivering on their best estimates of what is likely.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 1 users

Hittman

Regular
They'll want to build a hefty bank first before paying dividends. It's the prudent thing to do just in case any take over targets emerge or for a rainy day. The reason I speculated on $20 is because once revenues start flowing in, it will have dawned on investors what a unique position BRN is in and the potential for explosive growth ie the only product on the market/default standard and how many companies are working on developing applications using Akida.

Revenue is going to emerge BRN from the shadows and leave the doubters with nowhere to go.
$20 share giving a 5% Yield would be $1 a share... I'd be pretty happy with that in 5 years if it comes to pass..

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Jumpchooks

Regular
I asked Tony Dawe about my concerns with the most important "Brains" in the Brainchip team.

This is his reply and he gave me the ok to post here.

Thankyou for your email. In future, please direct your questions to me directly, not to our Sales team.

In response to you question regarding succession planning for key members of staff, it goes without saying that Peter van der Made is a unique and irreplaceable asset to our business.

That being said, Peter isn’t going to be at BrainChip forever and we have to consider a future without him.

This is a big priority for our CEO Sean Hehir. Sean has succession plans in place for all our key executives.

In Peter’s case, we have recently appointed Dr Valentina Tiporlini as the Manager of the BrainChip Research Institute in Perth. Valentina has taken over day to day management of the BRI from Peter so he can do more of the research work that he loves so much.

We are very fortunate to have a number of staff members who could potentially replace Peter as CTO, but frankly that would still leave some very big shoes to fill.

Regards

Tony Dawe

Investor Relations Manager

+61 (0)405 989 743

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 88 users
I asked Tony Dawe about my concerns with the most important "Brains" in the Brainchip team.

This is his reply and he gave me the ok to post here.

Thankyou for your email. In future, please direct your questions to me directly, not to our Sales team.

In response to you question regarding succession planning for key members of staff, it goes without saying that Peter van der Made is a unique and irreplaceable asset to our business.

That being said, Peter isn’t going to be at BrainChip forever and we have to consider a future without him.

This is a big priority for our CEO Sean Hehir. Sean has succession plans in place for all our key executives.

In Peter’s case, we have recently appointed Dr Valentina Tiporlini as the Manager of the BrainChip Research Institute in Perth. Valentina has taken over day to day management of the BRI from Peter so he can do more of the research work that he loves so much.

We are very fortunate to have a number of staff members who could potentially replace Peter as CTO, but frankly that would still leave some very big shoes to fill.

Regards

Tony Dawe

Investor Relations Manager

+61 (0)405 989 743

We looked at Valentina Tiporlini a while ago and I posted this video of her from 3 years ago.

Obviously a talent and no disrespect to Valentina but how do you replace an Albert Einstein or Alan Turing?

PVDM is a genius at the forefront of a revolutionary technology. If only he was recognised for his achievements as much as some who can kick a ball or swing a golf club! He deserves all the accolades he gets.

And if/when he sells off a few more shares to fund the lifestyle he deserves I hope people leave him in peace to enjoy the fruits of his lifetimes work!

Thank god he’s passionate about his invention and working like crazy for us to make us all wealthy!

Cheers

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 57 users

White Horse

Regular
Whoops.

We looked at Valentina Tiporlini a while ago and I posted this video of her from 3 years ago.

Obviously a talent and no disrespect to Valentina but how do you replace an Albert Einstein or Alan Turing?

PVDM is a genius at the forefront of a revolutionary technology. If only he was recognised for his achievements as much as some who can kick a ball or swing a golf club! He deserves all the accolades he gets.

And if/when he sells off a few more shares to fund the lifestyle he deserves I hope people leave him in peace to enjoy the fruits of his lifetimes work!

Thank god he’s passionate about his invention and working like crazy for us to make us all wealthy!

Cheers

I just re-read my post and forgot to include high level achievements such as getting nude or doing a sex tape.

The irony of our society is that people are celebrated more for getting their clothes off whereas great minds and achievements like what PVDM does barely makes headlines!

It sounds like Akida could help solve the great global warming catastrophe at the least with reducing cloud server centres heat/cooling problem yet you could hear a pin drop with all the noise about it!

Hoping the best kept secret stops being a secret soon!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

Cheers

Agree SG
Of course Peter, like any of us is not replaceable.
But I am glad steps are being taken to continue with his legacy when it becomes necessary.
Glad to hear he is being relieved of important but generic work freeing him up to concentrate on over the horizon visionary thinking which is the most valuable thing he can be doing for us now.
The company is in good hands, we have and are developing the business side with experts in their respective fields and so glad to have him freed up to train and inculcate others with his insight and directional plans for further investigation.
I hope he is now free to just tinker and play to his hearts content.
To my way of thinking, he has earned that right, and lets face it, he doesn't owe any of us a thing and could retire tomorrow and just put his feet up. I don't think however that that is his style. He strikes me as someone driven. I hope he succeeds in manifesting his vision and that it lives up to his expectation. He has already made many of us rich as a byproduct of his endeavours.
It will be a grand thing indeed if he succeeds in bestowing beneficial GAI on humanity.
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE
GLTAH

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Proga

Regular
$20 share giving a 5% Yield would be $1 a share... I'd be pretty happy with that in 5 years if it comes to pass..
It's all highly speculative. We just don't know how many applications using our IP there will be and when, what those applications will be. Therefore we don't know the volumes they'll be produced at. Having it in a iPhone and/or Samsung or nearly every vehicle manufactured, all bets are off.

If the market realises the growth potential of BRN over the next 10yrs, the P/E ratio will be really high as the SP will be based on expected future revenue in years to come which makes a dividend yield of 5% unlikely. It should be closer to 1%. Payments of 5%-6% dividends are from mature companies like the banks and the big miners who aren't expected to have run away growth. In fact, under normal market conditions their SP is based on their expected dividend returns.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

M_C

Founding Member
Ok. Is it just me, or is the fact that Peters retirement being publicly discussed with shareholders, means that it has been discussed extensively in house?? The company has been very dismissive of "speculation" in the past , so this to me is an admission.

Why?

Obviously he is not getting any younger but one can't help but think that maybe the reason it has been discussed so extensively is that maybe he plans on retiring once the company has been acquired????

Wouldn't surprise me

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
Ok. Is it just me, or is the fact that Peters retirement being publicly discussed with shareholders, mean that it has been discussed extensively in house??

Why?

Obviously he is not getting any younger but one can't help but think that maybe the reason it has been discussed so extensively is that maybe he plans on retiring once the company has been acquired????

Wouldn't surprise me
Better to plan for the worst and hope for the best!

I’m thinking he hasn’t fulfilled his ambitions to create AGI yet and is too passionate about what he does to even consider it work!

Age and time is his enemy as with all of us hence no point sweating the small stuff!

• Love
Reactions: 23 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Ok. Is it just me, or is the fact that Peters retirement being publicly discussed with shareholders, mean that it has been discussed extensively in house??

Why?

Wouldn't surprise me
I think its pretty clear that Valentina was brought on board to take the pressure off PvdM from the mundane duties that he may have to perform.
Looking at Tony's reply to the earlier question PvdM is now free to do what he loves. The only people talking about retirement is here. I reckon PvdM loves his work and wants to complete it as far as it can go. AKD 5000 anyone?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

M_C

Founding Member
I think its pretty clear that Valentina was brought on board to take the pressure off PvdM from the mundane duties that he may have to perform.
Looking at Tony's reply to the earlier question PvdM is now free to do what he loves. The only people talking about retirement is here. I reckon PvdM loves his work and wants to complete it as far as it can go. AKD 5000 anyone?
If this is indeed an email from Tony Dawe then you are dead wrong.....

This is quoted from the original post / email....

"That being said, Peter isn’t going to be at BrainChip forever and we have to consider a future without him.

This is a big priority for our CEO Sean Hehir. Sean has succession plans in place for all our key executives."

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
If this is indeed an email from Tony Dawe then you are dead wrong.....

This is quoted from the original post / email....

"That being said, Peter isn’t going to be at BrainChip forever and we have to consider a future without him.

This is a big priority for our CEO Sean Hehir. Sean has succession plans in place for all our key executives."
Fair enough MC but I prefer to dwell on this part of his reply

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!

Why?

Wouldn't surprise me
It is only prudent to consider possibility's.
Any of us could walk in front of a bus tomorrow, (much safer to be sitting on board :), but when you are a key man in an organisation it is the only responsible action to take.
None of us like to confront our own decrepitude/ mortality or the vicissitudes of existence, but change is inevitable and will have ramifications, so better to have a plan, particularly to protect what one has spent a lifetime developing.
I hope and expect that Peter has decades more doing what he loves, but the future is not certain for any of us.
Many of us insure against loss, hoping it will never be required, but sleep easier knowing that some provision has been made.
Same idea applies in this circumstance............I wouldn't be reading anything more into it.
GLTAH

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users
Top Bottom