BRN Discussion Ongoing

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
OMG! That's where that ugly foot came from. He-he-he!
Yes my dear Bravo.
Thought to follow up so you have the context.
These guys were big when I was a growing up, back when Methuselah was a lad.
Think I could still just about recite the Dead Parrot sketch along with a few others if provoked properly by The Spanish Inquisition!
Keep up the sleuthing Sister. Yer a natural :)

Sorry Folks, couldn't help meself. Rather reminds me of Uiux taking on the disreputable scoundrels over at the old joint. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Yak52

Regular
If there was anyone wanting to watch this video regarding the Dark Side of the ASX that was shared on FB last month I know some didn't have an account, I have uploaded a copy to YouTube.

A good and informative explanation of market manipulation from one point of view.

Thank you AARONASX for uploading this fantastic video on the corruption being played out on the ASX daily.
It has now been added to to the #1 spot in my arsenal of videos.
I cannot say how important this video is about identifying and releasing info on the illegal BoTs and Methods that the "Big end" of the Financial Markets are using to "bleed" Australia of its wealth through the ASX Markets. With the help of the ASX I should also point out.

Everybody should have a copy of this an watch it at least once!

Think you know about investing and/or trading on the ASX? Think again.

link to The Dark Side of the ASX

Reactions: 19 users
@uiux vs the last remaining downrampers 🤣

1644221009324.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 60 users
Time to increase staff levels :)

Screenshot_2022-02-07-16-04-14-00_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Reactions: 32 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Yes my dear Bravo.
Thought to follow up so you have the context.
These guys were big when I was a growing up, back when Methuselah was a lad.
Think I could still just about recite the Dead Parrot sketch along with a few others if provoked properly by The Spanish Inquisition!
Keep up the sleuthing Sister. Yer a natural :)

Sorry Folks, couldn't help meself. Rather reminds me of Uiux taking on the disreputable scoundrels over at the old joint. :)

Imagine if this guy took over Rob Telson's role? BWWWAINCHIP would be on a vewwwy differwent twajectory!

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

butcherano

Regular
According to the Annual Report of MegaChips which I think was dated 2020 they stated Ninetendo consituted 70% of their then business. We know that the former CEO out of the blue in one of his 2020 Webinars before he went to podcasts spoke about the opportunities for AKIDA in hand controllers. Being old my mind went straight to Televisions etc not thinking of gaming. I did a little digging into Ninetendo chasing hand controller dots without success just anticipation because Ninetendo has something coming in this area in 2023 but little information certainly not to make it a dot. As you are looking TTE perhaps you might have more luck and be younger and more with the gaming terminology.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
This is an old article @Fact Finder but I was thinking that Akida would be well suited to this new Nintendo console. Switch 2 is supposed to be released late 2022 or early 2023.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/nintendo-sleep-tracker-patent

Reactions: 13 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
I found this article in relation to Nintendo from Oct 21

www.speechdat.org/2021/10/01/patent-reveals-nintendo-is-working-on-upscaling-technology/

Patent reveals Nintendo is working on upscaling technology​

BY THERESA R. MORENO ON OCTOBER 1, 2021NEURAL NETWORKS
Image: Nintendo
Patents are always a pretty intriguing thing in the tech industry – sometimes they represent ideas and products that will never see the light of day, but sometimes they give clues about future publications. A fresh one US patent application could be the latter as they are technologies that could allow Nintendo to improve the graphics in its hardware.
The application opened on March 25, 2020 and was released to the public yesterday (September 30). The application is entitled “Systems and Methods for Machine-Learned Image Conversion”. In NVIDIA’s case, this is short for Deep Learning Super Sampling, which works on some of its GPUs to increase image resolution and Real-time quality with remarkable efficiency and less load on the graphics card. It’s an impressive piece of technology, and it’s been the focus of many conversations about how Nintendo could create a new Switch-style wearable device that outputs higher-resolution graphics while operating at lower power. Digital Foundry has examined this in detail.
What’s fascinating about this application is that Nintendo is clearly researching this in-house – a named party to the application is Alexandre Delattre, co-founder of Nintendo European Research and Development. The “Introduction” of the patent also recognizes that this is an area that is being explored across the industry:
Machine learning can give computers the ability to “learn” a particular task without specifically programming the computer for that task. One type of machine learning system is called convolutional neural networks (CNNs) – a class of deep learning neural networks. Such networks (and other forms of machine learning) can help, for example, to automatically recognize whether a cat can be seen in a photo. Learning takes place using thousands or millions of photos to “train” the model to recognize when a cat is in a photo. While this can be a powerful tool, the resulting processing from using a trained model (and training the model) can still be computationally intensive when deployed in a real-time environment.
Image up-conversion is a technique that converts images created in a first resolution (e.g. 540p resolution or 960 × 540 with 0.5 megapixels) to a higher resolution (e.g. 1080p resolution, 1920 × 1080, with 2, 1 megapixel). This process can be used to display first resolution images on a higher resolution display. For example, a 540p image can be displayed on a 1080p television and can (depending on the type of upconversion process) be displayed with increased graphical accuracy compared to when the 540p image is directly upscaled using traditional (e.g. linear) upscaling on a 540 TV. Different image upconversion techniques can compromise between speed (e.g., how long it takes to convert a given image) and the quality of the upconverted image. For example, if an up-converting process is performed in real time (e.g., during a video game) then the image quality of the resulting up-converted image may suffer.
Accordingly, it goes without saying that there is a constant search for new and improved techniques, systems and processes in these technology areas.
Ultimately, it should come as no surprise that Nintendo is researching machine learning upscaling, as this will likely be a determining factor in the event the company chooses to keep a Switch-style form factor and offer greater graphical fidelity in the future. It is also interesting whether Nintendo will still use NVIDIA technology in future devices; If it is developing its own solution, it may not need NVIDIA’s DSL solution. Of course, depending on what and who you believe, there are reports that ‘4K’ development units are already in the wild.
Let us know what you think in the comments!

Reactions: 31 users
Imagine if this guy took over Rob Telson's role? BWWWAINCHIP would be on a vewwwy differwent twajectory!

One of the funniest scetches ever.

SC

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Slapper

Not sure if this has been shared already, neat little write up from 7hrs ago about Mercedes EV line up where Brainchip gets a mention under point 5.

Screenshot_20220207-182358_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 56 users

Slapper

If people are wondering who Hotcars are and the audience they target
Screenshot_20220207-183336_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

MDhere

Regular
I think this response should have it's own thread. It's a pretty important discussion piece and I had to scroll through dozens of pages to find it.
Indepth im.s little confused bear with me - firstly and secondly paragraphs speaks of biotome them the thirdly paragraph goes to "this device" . this is were im confused? are you implying that firstly secondly and thirdly are of same Company? Hope that can br cleared up in my confused mind
MD

Reactions: 1 users

McHale

Regular
Uiux is here he opened a new thread Five Senses so we have a full house pretty much. I think he enjoys the sport over at HC. When he stops playing with the mouse and he leaves for good it will be like a pub that has lost its liquor licence. LOL

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I've said this before but am happy to say it again, @ulux just keeps hitting it out of the park, he is a legend IMO, and he likes a bit of sport,
so play at your own peril LOL.

So it's very good to see nearly all the crew here, the only thing I miss about HC is see below, a few people have been over on the Formatting Layout Suggestions Thread, so would encourage anyone who is interested to have a look, awesome job by @zeeb0t
Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 6.45.13 pm.png

For me the old HC format was very user friendly, I do not have time to plough through piles of different threads,
so to have everything in one place, with ratings, time, different threads all presented in one place was a really
convenient format.

But as I said there is a format thread if you want to give feedback, and zeeb0t is onto it.

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users

M_C

Founding Member
Did anyone else realise thaty Nokia, along with Vorago, is involved in NASA's Artemis program?

And then there this article..... Who know what it all means...I don't!

Volkswagen Deploys Private 5G Network​

Provided by Nokia, the 5G network will allow Volkswagen to wirelessly upload data to manufactured vehicles and enable intelligent communication between robots and wireless assembly tools.

David MillerSenior Technical Writer
Feb 3rd, 2022

(Extract)

Volkswagen use cases intended to test the new network include wireless upload of data to manufactured vehicles and networking of robots and wireless assembly tools. All data used by the network will be processed at the edge in real-time, never leaving Volkswagen's facility. While the network is private, it operates in a frequency band allocated by the German Federal Network Agency.
AND working with the Aus government in Adelaide on the cubesat project........

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users

Equitable

Regular
Personally I think one of the most underrated feature Brainchip has to offer is their CNN2SNN spike converter.

Under normal circumstances if that was not an option it would be fair to say that Nvidea, Qualcomm or any of the other big AI companies would be competing with Brainchip. But because of this feature ANY AND ALL CNN products can still benefit extremely with a partnership with Brainchip, they can still use their well trusted architecture and still benefit from all the good stuff SNN has to offer.

CNN AI tech giants are not competition, they are potential partners.

All my opinion
DYOR
@TheFunkMachine , this sounds important. Are you able to elaborate on what this conversion does (or provide a link for me to read further). Is this related to what Sean was saying at the Virtual Investor Conference about the importance of software automating conversion?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 6 users

Equitable

Regular
Has anyone noticed a change in the way Sunny123 writes now though? Previously fairly articulate but now very much writing as though English is second language. Almost as though Sunny123 is a character played by several actors? Hades… sounds a bit more like Sunny used to? Perhaps a way to diffuse responsibility/culpability, or perhaps a response to the bin fire that is now hotcrapper?
Can't notice because I put him on ignore very promptly :)

Reactions: 4 users

Equitable

Regular
Haha, I’m the same - all of my shares are in round numbers. Pretty ocd I know…
I'm the same. I like everything in life to be round numbers. Will be a problem in retirement when I start selling small numbers of shares to pay the bills.

Reactions: 8 users

Equitable

Regular
Thanks, the time stamp on that post should make it easier to go back and find the call on the net. Could be I interesting to go back though them and see if there’s a trial there that hasn’t been picked up on.

The price at posting is also insane in hind sight 😂
That was a great price. I bought more at exactly that price the day before. Very grateful for that opportunity!

Reactions: 5 users

Larkinvest

Emerged
Long time lurker on HC, have always enjoyed the detailed and well researched content of the regular top posters. Glad I found you guys!

Reactions: 16 users
Top Bottom